Deanies Rotation Check in 4/26

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning :)

Today was yoga, but I stayed up late watching LOST and slept late. I did Cathes stretch max with the band.

Gin- for subs you can do HSC instead of PS:
still do the one arm balance push up then mix and match:
rear delt fly
tri push up on step

then in cardio #5:
decline push up
upright row
(cardio 6) tri dips

do you have MM? if so:
sub MM for HSTA:
(do side to side push up on own)
mix and match:
db lat raise
kickbacks

side to side push ups (on own)
upright row
dips

Marcy/Tracee- have a good day/workout!

Have a good day :)
Working early today
BBL

Deanie

Good morning. Today I did Bi's Tris and shoulders. I wasn't tired although my biceps seemed weak this morning. I stayed with 15's on all the bicep exercises but was only able to do 8 reps. Right arm is still weaker. I felt good on most of the other exercises though. I don't have my sheet in front of me because I check in from work and my log is at home.

I won't be able to get a workout in on Saturday because my older son has a baseball tournament out of town and we have to leave the house by 6:30am. :eek: I think I'm going to do legs tomorrow and yoga/stretch and abs on Sunday. Or should I do a cardio on Sunday since next week is heavy on yoga, stretching and ab work??

Have a good workout everyone. BBL

Tracee

Good Morning!

Today was LM Blasts only and then KM leg conditioning drills. I spent a total of 55 min. (with warm up and stretch) The blasts were much more cardio for me than tough on the legs and the drills aren't too bad. I was dripping on the chair when doing the leg drills after LM.:p Did I do this right?? I still don't feel 100% when doing cardio.

Deanie--Thank you for posting the alternate workouts for weeks 5-7. Yes, I do have MM. Stretch Max sounds great right about now!!:D

Tracee--I would try to do KPC or CK on Sunday and then you will be caught up. It is tough to fit it all in, isn't it?

Marcy--I added up the carbs I had yesterday and I ended up with around 125. But I don't know how accurate that is. Something is making me a little dizzy and cardio is tougher than usual this week.

Yesterday I saw Baron B's Soul of Strength yoga at the library and checked it out. I may do it this week. Something else I will have to have!!
Have a great day all!
Gin:)

Good Morning All!

This morning was Yoga X for me. I had a really good workout. I held crane pose for 15 seconds and then for another 9 seconds. This is the most I've held it so far. I did well with the other balancing poses too (tree, royal dancer, half moon, twisting half moon). He just does so many vinyasas in this one, it's almost like overkill but I still enjoy it. 92 minutes is a little long though. I much prefer a 60 minute workout.

Gin - Let me know how Soul of Strength is. I've heard pretty good things about it. Let me know if you can how it is compared to Next Challenge. It sounds like you might need more carbs. 125 is not a lot. I don't think you are, but are you trying to do low carbs? With tougher cardio, you need more to fuel your body. I know when I was doing Cathe's November rotation with the new series, I was ravenous. It took a lot out of me. Also, the workouts were really long. LM and KM leg drills sound like a nice mish mosh.

Tracee - I agree with Gin. KPC or Cardio Kicks would be good for Sunday. 15s sound good to me on biceps. I'm not even up to 15s yet (well, I'm up to 14.5). I'm a real weakling when it comes to biceps. My right arm is still weaker as well.

Deanie - Did you get to look at Next Challenge yet?

Have a great day everyone.

Marcy

Good Afternoon all :)

Tracee- Happy belated birthday to your son (I never got back on the boards) Have fun at the ball game on Sat. I know its alot of shlepping but I love this time of year, with the kids in baseball! I like watching their games more than ML baseball! I agree with Marcy and Gin- I would do a kickbox on Sunday also. Good job on the biceps:)

Gin- I will be interested to know if you have DOMs from the leg work today. Even though there are no weights, it is one tough workout!

Marcy- The guy is sending my dvd out today. Its coming from Jersey, so I should get it soon!

I don't know about you guys, but boy am I happy about the rest week coming up:)

Deanie

Hi everyone!

Yes, I am definitely looking foward to "rest" week. 2 days of yoga sounds good to me. We just had a health fair at work. I managed to get two massages today. One before lunch and one after. I like the second one better. It was a deep tissue massage. Had my cholesterol checked. My total was 237. Too high, but my HDL and LDL were good. Triglycerides were 176. But I also had just eaten so it was probably a little higher than it should have been.

Deanie - My DVD came in about 2 days.

Tracee - Another belated Happy Birthday to your DS. Hope he has a great game on Saturday.

Gin - Yes, let us know how your legs are tomorrow. I'll have to try your leg workout when we're done with this rotation.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Marcy--92 min. is too long for me for yoga, but good for you for doing the entire thing. I may do Soul of Strength today. I do know it is 60 min. and taped with a real class. I am not doing low carbs. I'm just trying to stay within 22-25 WW points and adding more protein. I'm not eating any junk, so I guess I'll just need to add more pts. of carbs??? LM and KM drills were in Marcy's rotation. I am certainly not creative enough to come up with that combo.:p Two massages in one day.....you must be awfully relaxed! I can't imagine that your cholesterol is that high. Must not be accurate.

Tracee--Happy Birthday to your son. My nephew will be 8 in July...fun age!

Deanie--I'll let you know about the DOMS tomorrrow. I know it won't be anything like B&G Leg Blast!}( Did you decide if you think we should add abs on to our CK day? That's tomorrow for me.

Gin

Gin,

I've never done WW so I don't know about the points but I would add more points of carbs. 92 minutes is kind of too long for me too. I feel he could have shortened it somewhat. A lot of people split it up like doing half in the morning and half at night. It's split up into standing poses (42 minutes), balance poses (20 minutes) and floorwork/stretching (30 minutes) or something close to that. I think I'm going to bid on Mark Blanchard's Progressive Power Yoga. It's supposed to be a really tough series. I know I'm not going to be up to everything in it yet, but I definitely love a challenge.

Yes, I am relaxed by now. My cholestorol has always been a little high hovering around 200. It was 204 the last time I checked but it was also after I'd eaten. My father has always had high cholestorol so maybe that's part of the reason.

Marcy

Gin- I added the day of abs last week, but to be honest, I would just do them if you feel like it. I don't think I needed them last week, even though I did them. I did abs mon and wed. then yoga (which works abs) and the CK which also works abs so I only did 6 min of ab work added on to the leg day. Next time I do yoga and CK in the same week, I prob. won't be doing the extra abs. And that probably didn't answer your question!:) Sorry.

Marcy- Wow that is high cholesterol! And it does run in the family. My cholesterol is about 160, but I have it checked every year because my moms body makes cholesterol and hers is off the chart(high 200s)and her dr. told her its hereditary. I agree with the 90 min of yoga being to long. 60 min. is my limit. That's one reason I like Bryan Kest, short and a good workout.

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.