Deanies Rotation Check In 1/20

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone!

I thought I may not be first this morning because I got a late start! Today was S&H legs and shoulders. It was a great workout and I used the same weights as Cathe for everything, except lunges I used 50# for both sets and plie squats I used 45#. I know I can go heavier, but at 50# I have a hard time placing the barbell on my shoulders, I can get it over my head, but bringing it down onto my shoulders is hard! Also, I kinda felt like my shoulders were a little fatigued- maybe from KPC yesterday?

Okay, I'm going to try to remember what I wanted to answer from yesterday.

Tracee- No, my friends are totally okay with me bringing tea. They don't sell tea there, and plus I drink decaf. earl grey, which even if places have tea, its rarely decaf. And they do and don't get the excersise thing. One of my friends excersises, but she does the treadmill or elliptical only and only for about 30 min which is good, but not the same. One of my friends, when I said I work out at home, kinda brushed it off, as if its not as good as going to the gym, which she does. However she only goes to the gym occasionally, and it shows (sorry, catty) so I try not to take it personally. My other friends don't get it, but do notice the results. How about your friends?

Marcy- We did discuss going drug free :) during school breaks and possibly often in the summer. Giving my son the ability to make that decision at those times. But the diff. from the meds to no meds is like night and day, and life is easier for him on the meds now. (I have mixed feelings about that.) I don't actually follow a diet- I kinda follow WW, but it doesn't seem to work with Cathe/intense workouts- but yes, I now eat protein at every meal too.

Have a good day all,
BBL,

Deanie

Tracee- wanted to add, yes, I think a barbell is a worth while investment. I got mine at Dick's and it was on sale and about 50-60 dollars (can't remember) The bar is 5' and weighs 15# and it comes with 2.5,5,10# plates (can't remember how many of each). I think the barbell is worth while because it works your body differently than with dumbells. I have read on other forums, you can get a set a walmart for a really good price. Let us know what you decide!
Deanie

Good morning! I was actually waiting for someone else to start the check in this morning because I felt like I wrote so much at the end of the day yesterday. :)

This morning was Legs & Shoulders which I found I really liked. I wrote yesterday that I was a little scared of the legs because I tend not to like most leg weight workouts. However, I think this could be one of my favorites because it didn't have leg press. :p

Congrats to you Deanie for going as heavy as Cathe!! Even the other ladies in the dvd weren't as heavy as she was on the squats. I went as heavy as my weights would allow with the squats which was 30lbs total. I think I could have gone heavier if I had the weights but I'll never know. I can't remember what I did on lunges, maybe 12's in each hand??? On shoulders did Cathe only do 2 sets of the overhead presses? Is that what she intended to do or did she miss one? Those are always hard for me and I was using 10's and ready to drop to 8's for the 3rd set and then there wasn't one.

I'll try to check back in later today.

Tracee

Deanie - thanks for your imput on the barbell. We must have posted at the same time because I didn't see it before. I think I'll shop around and try some out before I buy one.

I forgot to comment about my friends and fitness. Most of my friends don't exercise. At least not on a regular basis and they don't know how much I love it either. I tend to keep it to myself, not sure why. I've recently gotten my sister to try Cathe's beginner dvd's and she likes them but is having a hard time sticking with it. That's why I love being a part of a check in like this because everyone here understands the love for Cathe.

Hope you had a great Saturday and enjoy your rest day tomorrow.

Tracee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.