Deanies Rotation Check In 1/2/07

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning :)

Today was really hard waking up. My alarm went off at 5:30 a.m. and I could not get out of bed!!! I kept hitting the snooze till 6! Thank goodness my workout this morning was only 50 min. The kids had a hard time waking up to- school today!!

Today was KM bootcamp. I think the reason I like this premix so much is because its like KPC- my fav. kickbox workout. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, but I'm not sure if I'm going to take it or not. This weekend we are going to Jersey, my DH's grandmoms' 90th birthday party, and if we leave early on Sat. that my be my rest day. So I think I am going to do BC tomorrow, to be on the safe side.

Busy day today for me! I'm going into my sons class to help out today, then straight to my hair appt. (getting highlights!!!). There's no school at the nursery school today, so I'm able to get some "me" time in, I've needed a haircut and highlights now for about a month, but there was never time! Thankfully, my hair in long, and curly, so its never that obvious when I need a haircut!LOL :)

Gin- how's the leg doing?

Tracee- any DOMs from C&W? I didn't have any, but my hamstrings were very tight today for kickboxing.

Have a good day all!!!
Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Good Morning! I did a premix from KPC since that is the only kickbox dvd I have. I usually enjoy the change in cardio but it took me a long time to get into it this morning. Plus the premix I chose did combos 2 & 3 and it had Cathe saying that the workout was over at the end of #3 then it went back and did the high intensity drills. So I had a letdown thinking that I had flown through the workout only to find out that I still had more to go. ha! x(

Yes, I am sore from C&W. I really feel it in my shoulders and upper back.

Gin - I'm also curious how your recover is going. I hope you are healing fast.

To answer some questions from yesterday, we really enjoyed the Museum movie. We saw it at our local IMAX theater so that made the experience even better. I think that is definitely going to be one that the kids will want to buy when it comes out on dvd.

I fell off the no sugar wagon last night when my husband brought home cheesecake. Ugh! I couldn't resist a small slice. I'm still going to make an effort to eat less sugar every day but it doesn't look like I'm going to go cold turkey any time soon.

Deanie - I bet the boys were hard to get up this morning for school, huh? I always dread that first day back after a long break. My boys don't go back until next week so they are still enjoying their extra sleep.

Have a great day guys!

Tracee

Good Morning!

Deanie--Your boys have started back to school already? We go back next Monday and I am thankful for the few extra days. I forgot that you helped out with the preschoolers. I have been teaching 4's and 5's for 15 years. They can be a lot of fun.

Tracee--I think I am better off going cold turkey with the no sugar challenge. I was so hungry WATCHING my BIG DSs and DH snack last night while we were playing games and then I woke up in the middle of the night hungry!!;( But DID NOT eat any junk...yeah!

Thank you guys for asking about my leg. It doesn't hurt when I walk around now, but I don't think I am ready to jump around on it. It is tough not doing any cardio or lower body.:-( I did ME and MM upper body only today. I had DOMS for 2 days after BMax2 Double Upper Body if you all want to try something different.

Take care!
Gin

Gin - I'm definitely thinking of adding BMax2 Double Upper Body in the rotation somewhere. I'm not sure that I want DOMS for 2 days but I do enjoy upper body workouts the most so I'm up for the challenge.

Good for you for resisting temptation last night. The only sugar I've had so far today is some chocolate milk. If I can make it through the rest of the day without anymore than I might consider going cold turkey. I like the idea of it only taking 4 days to "detox" from it. Ha!

Tracee

Hi guys, yes, here in Md. we only had 8 days off for winter break. I'm a little jealous your kids have such a long break!!!

Gin- glad to hear your leg is on the mend. Not sure if I want to try BM2 double upper, if you had DOM's for 2 days:) There are soooo many ways to use Cathes workouts and with the premixes, sometimes I feel like there are too many choices. I would love for her to come up with a rotation using premixes from old and new dvds.

Tracee- YES!!! it was very hard getting the boys out the door this morning! They like school but were very snug in bed!!! Also, they decieded they didn't like anything in the kitchen for breakfast! They are not allowed to leave for school with out eating something, so eventually they did eat, and got the bus :)

Yes, I really like my job, even though it is very part time. 3 and 4 year olds are so happy and everything makes them happy, and they listen well and they still like to hold hands and cuddle. The last 3 things my older boys have grown out of! It makes me sad I can't even kiss my 7 yr. old hello when I'm in school, I get the "aw, mom" :) So its nice to play/work with kids who want to hold your hand and sit in your lap!!:)

Have a good day all

Deanie

Do you guys have either High Step Challenge or High Step Training? I watched the clip for HSC and it looked interesting. If you have, do you like it?

Gin

Gin- I have both and like both. The cardio in HSTA is really hard and good, but after every cardio cycle you do leg presses on the step which is a little much for me. HSTA is definately tougher and there are some excersises on there that I haven't seen on any other Cathe tapes that I really like. I think it is her hardest circuit workout-and that includes her new ones! Its a sweat fest!!! I really like it, but have to be in the mood for all those leg presses.
HSC is FUN!!! The cardio is not so tough, but the band work is great and the circuits move quickly through the excersises. At first I didn't get this but got the other hardcore dvds, figuring why do I need yet another circuit, but after doing some of the circuits on Hard Core Extreeme and had fun, I got the dvd. And I'm glad I did. It also has great ab work at the end! (HSTA has no ab work, but alot of excersises include working your abs- kinda like DM)
Premixes on HSTA are better than HSC.
To sum it up: both really good workouts: HSC fun, great abs. HSTA tough workout, sweat fest!

Hope that answered your ? LOL :)

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.