Deanies Rotation Check In 1/17

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls:)

Today I was up bright and early and did S&H Biceps and Triceps!! I think I did well. I used all the same weights as Cathe, and when she dropped in the middle of the set, I kept the same weight. For kickbacks, I even used 8#s for 2 sets! I also added a 20# barbell on my lap for dips! Slow and Heavy really does make a difference. I really like concentrating on my form. I did the abs included in the workout, but I did them on a long bench! I think next week I may include some abs from the new series just to mix things up.

Tracee- How'd you do today? Did you try and go heavy?

Marcy- I think we lift about the same weights- Don't you love being a girl(woman!):) and lifting heavy!!? I have found I lift heavier with PUB and GS for triceps how about you?

Gin- Yoga for me tomorrow. I am going to do Rodney Yee's Yoga Burn. I bought this dvd a couple of months ago and only did it once or twice. I'm still not sure about it. Have you ever done it? I usually like Rodney Yee, but I don't get as good a stretch or workout as with Bryan or David Swenson. I am not going to use the gloves that come with it though, I think my arms may be sore!!:)

Have a good day all,
BBL,
Deanie

Good Morning!
It is snowing here in North TX, which does not happen very often. All the schools are closed today. I don't teach on Wed. anyway.

Marcy--I think it was most difficult for me when my oldest left for college for some reason. I would get teary-eyed every time he would go back to school for the 1 1/2 years and then I got used to it.

Deanie--How old is your son? Glad the meds are helping him. My youngest takes Adderal and has for several years (he is 19 now)and he knows how much it helps. He decided on his own to quit taking it his sr. year of HS and his grades suffered. Now as a college soph. he is doing well. It does decrease his appetite, though.
For some reason I don't care for Rodney Yee. I had his Yoga for Athletes and got rid of it. I do need to buy new yoga w/o's!

I did Firm floor legs, KM leg conditioning drills,B&G floorwork and 1 segment Core Max this morning. I used to be addicted to the Firm and had all of the old workouts and then I found out about Cathe!!:+

Have a great day!
Gin

Good Morning! I did S&H Bis & Tris this morning and I went heavy for me. I've started keeping a notebook of what I'm lifting so I'll be able to know whether I'm increasing or not. My workouts have always been sporadic before so I've never kept a good log.

I'm home taking care of my son today and it's great to get away from the office. My DH took him to the doctor yesterday and he has strep throat so he's on antibiotics and will be able to return to school tomorrow.

I wish I could incorporate swimming in my workouts but it's very hard for me to get out of the house by myself so that's why I stick with Cathe.

Have a great day ladies. You guys are such a big inspiration!

Oh, and I received my new Ryka's yesterday. I bought the N-Gage Studio shoes over the internet. I can't believe I actually took a chance on them without trying them on but it was a good deal so I did it. They seem like they are going to be the right fit so I'm very pleased. Now I get to wear my old Ryka's for everyday use and that is almost like getting two new shoes at once. Ha!

Tracee

Hi everyone.

Well, its not snowing here in NY but it sure is cold, 19 degrees. Today I did IMAX and PUB abs. Did the warmup on 10", intervals 1-5 on 8" and intervals 6-10 on 6". I'm trying to get back using an 8" step for all my step workouts like I did before I went away (with the exception of IMAX 3 - I don't think I'll ever do that on 8" but you never know.) PUB abs were okay for me until I got to the pikes again. Did 1 more pike than last time but couldn't finish the rest. This seems to be one of the more challening ab routines for me. Core Max 2 seemed much easier for me although I don't think she did as many pikes in that one and the leg off the ball in PUB is tough. Overall, I had a pretty good workout today. Interval 5 is still the toughest interval for me in IMAX 2 (long hop turns, plyo and tuck jumps).

Deanie - Great job on your workout! I LOVE lifting heavy! S&H and Gym Styles are my favorites. I really hate Power Hour, MIS and Muscle Endurance but every once in a while I do them. I do go heavier on triceps in GS & PUB but I think that's because we do things slowly in S&H and that makes them harder. I'll have to try the barbell in my lap next time I do dips. I've done Power Yoga for Athletes with Rodney Yee but I agree I got much more of a workout with Bryan Kest. So are you going to do Debbie's rotation next month? She uses the ab workouts from the new series. I like it because it's heavy lifting and it will also force me to do some yoga and stretching. Good luck with your son. My DS has been on medication on and off since 2nd grade and we've tried everything. The last one he was on was Concerta. Last year he finally decided he didn't want to take medication anymore. It did help him when he was younger. Now that he's older, I think he can cope much better and is more mature. His behavior is under control and that's without medication. He still needs one-on-one attention a lot but this is the best year he's had and that's without medication. His appetite definitely suffered. He's very thin but I think he takes after my genes. He definitely shot up this last year and is finally taller than me. If you have any questions about ADD, please feel free to ask. I also have quite a few books about ADD. If you're interested, I'll make a list of what books I have and I'll send them to you for an SASE.

Gin - Sounds like your leg's all better. That was some leg workout you did today!

Tracee - Good work on S&H. It definitely helps keeping a notebook. Glad your son is getting better.

BBL.

Marcy

I am not anxious to get out and drive on this ice, so I have been at home but I need to get out. We leave to on vacation Friday for a week and I need to run a few errands.

Tracee--Hope no one else at your house comes down with strep throat! Take care! I started exercise vids when my kids were very young b/c I couldn't leave the house and 20 years later, I am still doing them.

Marcy--What are the pikes like in PUB? I only have the FitTV version of PUB (no abs). Abs are the one area that I can do everything Cathe does...yeah!! I guess I might have a 6 pack if I could get rid of the layer of fat over the muscle!!:p My leg has not quite healed yet. All of the leg work I did today was on the floor or no impact. I am going to wait 2 more weeks before trying any impact.:-(

Gin

Gin - The pikes in PUB are like the pikes in KPC (Fit TV has the pikes in KPC if I remember correctly) although I think there are more in PUB. There are 12 pikes, then she lifts one leg at a time off the ball then does about 4 more pikes. I always tire out before even being able to lift my leg and do the last set of pikes.

Going anywhere exciting for vacation?

Marcy

Good Afternoon Everyone!!

Tracee- You go girl!!:) Isn't it a great feeling to lift heavier?! I started keeping a log when I started working out with Cathe. On different workouts, I use different weights. I actually have a notebook and I list one workout per page, broken down into what excerises CAthe does and in the margin on the side I have what weights I use(sometimes I write what Cathe uses on the far left and my weights next to that- so I can compare) Sometimes I can be very anal!! LOL! But on the flip side, it has helped alot!! I started working out at home when my kids were young also, and now that I actually could go back to the gym, I find I prefer rolling out of bed and working out with Cathe!! I hope your son is feeling better and no one else gets strep. In our home when one person gets it we all get it!!:) I hope you enjoy your new shoes!! I think you will definately notice a difference when you work out.

Gin/Marcy- My son is 10 1/2 and the meds have really made a difference in his school work. He's only been on the meds for 6 weeks, but his school work is showing a definate improvement. We were told by the dr. the next time we see her, she is going to recommend to my DS that he also see someone(dr.) to help his coping/behavior so that when/if he goes off the meds. he has the skills to deal with school work. Needless to say, DS is NOT happy about that!

Gin- Where are you going on vacation? Someplace warm I hope:)

Marcy- Thanks so much for your offer. I just may take you up on it:) This is something so new for us to deal with. Yet, when we were talking with the dr. and the school staff (2 diff. meetings) my DH kept saying, yep, thats me, yep, thats me!!! So we think he may have or have had ADD growing up but no one knew what that was at the time. Also thats good for my son because someone knows what hes going through.

Anyway, back to PUB: I love that ab workout!!! But I also either do it before the upper body work or on another day. It is just to hard on my shoulders and tri. to hold myself up on the ball! (and I'm a size 4, I am not big!!!) For the longest time I had to pause the tv between the first set of pikes and one leg up at a time and the next set, my wrists couldn't take it. Now I can do it all at once:) one time I untied my shoe, I put one leg down on the ball and lifted the other and my shoelace came undone!!! so did my concentration:)

Deanie

I refuse to edit!!:)
Way to many :) in my last post. LOL!
Forgot to add:'
Marcy- I am going to continue my rotation (which is similar to Debbies- I added a day of yoga and took out a day of cardio). I still have 4 more weeks of that. Then its either Debbies or a P90X rotation using Cathes workouts. Either way, I think I will take a few days to a week as a "recovery" week, doing yoga and corework only with one kickboxing day added in.

Deanie

Deanie:

You sound just like me the way you keep your notebook. I also write what weight Cathe uses in the margin and what weights I used. I am also a size 4-6.

PUB: I purposely did PUB abs today and not yesterday with the rest of the workout to see if it would help. I guess doing 1 more pike than before helped a little.

ADD: I think my ex-husband also had ADD although he was never diagnosed with it, although he's got lots of other problems. One thing is the same though - I always had to remind them both all the time for them to get things done. My DS has very poor short term memory although he's gotten better as he's gotten older and I don't have to remind him as much as I used to.

Two books off the top of my head that I remember I have are:

The ADD/Hyperactivity Workbook by Harvey Parker (he has written many books on ADD)
How To Reach and Teach Kids with ADD by Sandra Reif

Marcy

Is it my imagination or does it seem as if we all have alot in common? I have to say that although my DS is still on ADD meds, his attention seems to be alot better when he is off as compared to a few years ago. So, it could be something that some people outgrow. I think he got it from me.
Are the pikes like the jack knife crunches in one of the Core Max segments and on KPC??
I am also size 4-6 (5'6"), but I "feel" alot bigger than you guys!!
We are going to Maui for our 25th anniversary. I've never been. Very excited to be going to a warmer climate.

Gin

Hi Gin:

I'm so jealous. I wish I was going to Maui but I have to get my DH on a plane first. He gets sick while flying. I'm trying just to get him on a 2 hour flight first. Congrats on your anniversary. I'll be married 14 years in February.

Yes, the pikes are the jack knife crunches like in Core Max 2 and KPC.

Marcy

We do seem to all have a lot in common.:)
Gin- you are taller than me though- I'm only 5'3". And WOW! Maui sounds wonderful (so does 25 years!)

Marcy- I'm one year behind you- we are married 13 years this November. Thank you for the book info. I wrote them both down. I haven't read anything on ADD- it seems so many people have a child with ADD and that helps so much knowing there are other parents and children going thru this and talking to them. For us mornings are the worst right now, till my DS takes the meds, then things calm down.

MOUSE UPDATE: Terminx was back today. No signs of activity in the house, the poison in the hole behind the stove (where he was coming in) was eaten, but no mouse. Thats OK with me!! So I think for now, he's gone. WHEW!

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.