Deanies Rotation Check In 1/16

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning All-

Busy day today for me- working from 9-2, school meeting about my sons grades/learning issues at 2 and somehow I need to go food shopping!!

Today was Imax 1 and I really liked it. I like how the intervals are all consistantly hard. It was tough and I needed that. Surprisingly I have no DOMs today. I felt sure I would!!!:)

Hope you all have a great day!!!
Deanie

Good morning!

This morning I chose IMAX2 but only intervals 6-10, and I added some ab work at the end. I didn't have the energy before I started working out to tackle the whole thing although once I got into it I probably could have done the entire workout. Anyway, my 7 year old has been sick since Sunday and it has thrown my sleeping way out of wack so I'm a little low on energy to start this week.

I only have slight DOMs in my chest, right around the armpit area. That's good because I'm ready to push hard with the weights tomorrow. I've been afraid to go too heavy in the past because I don't want to burn out too early or be sore for an extended amount of time.

Deanie - have a good day at school today. Sounds like we won't be hearing from you for the rest of the day.

Gin - How is your leg doing today?

Have a great day!
Tracee

Hi ladies!

This morning was PUB for me without the abs. I switched things around a little. I was supposed to do IMAX 2 today but I did cardio for the last couple of days so I felt I needed to do upper body again. Tomorrow will be IMAX 2 and PUB abs.

Flies/Presses: 12, 15, 19.5*
Pullovers/Double Arm Row: 12, 15, 19.5
Rear Fly/Standing Lat Raise/Standing Front Raise: 5, 8, 10
Kickbacks: 8*, 10*, 12*
Seated Overhead Press: 12, 15, 19.5
Hammer/Traditional Curls: 8, 10, 12

* went up in weights

Deanie - I like IMAX 1 too. Interval 10 always does me in. I think this one is on par with IMAX 3. Good luck at your son's conference. I can't believe my last parent teacher conference will be in a couple of months. My DS will be 18. Time flies really quickly. Before you know it, they're all grown up.

Tracee - I hope your energy returns tomorrow and you have a great workout.

Gin - Hope your leg is better.

BBL. Have a great day.

Marcy

Marcy - Congrats on all the increases in weights. Let us know if you have DOMS tomorrow. Have fun with IMAX2 tomorrow. I always think it's funny when Cathe says that interval 10 is easy because they are tired. I still find it hard even though if it were placed somewhere else in the workout it wouldn't be tough. Does that make sense?

Are you still following Cathe's Jan. rotation or are you just doing the workouts you want to do?

Tracee

Good Afternoon Ladies!
Sorry for the late post. I just got home from school.
I did an hour of yoga this morning and if I get rid of this #$%@ headache, I'll go to swim class at 5:30. It is the only cardio I am doing these days, so I need to go!!

Deanie--I am quite jealous of the cardio I hear that you guys are doing!!;) I have one of the IMAXs, either 1 or 2. Can't remember which one.

Tracy--My leg feels fine to just walk around, but I am trying to refrain from ALL cardio (except swimming) and standing lower body work for at least the next 3 weeks to make sure that it heals!! It is hard to do!!:p Hope you stay well and don't get waht your son has!

Marcy--I can't even imagine the heavy weights that you lift!! I am so impressed!!:D Does your son graduate this year? Both of mine are out of the house. It is sad at first, but then you do get used to it.

Take care,
Gin

Hi again.

Tracee - I have some DOMS in my shoulders at the moment. Interval 10 isn't too bad for me in IMAX 2. It's interval 5 (with the long hop turns, plyo jacks and air jacks) that kills me. It used to be interval 9 but that's not so bad anymore. I'm still following Cathe's January rotation for the most part but sometimes I miss workouts on the weekends so when I try to catch up, I sometimes have to change the order of the workouts.

Gin - Yoga and swimming sounds like fun. Maybe it's just what your body needs. I wish I had more time for yoga and stretching. I notice as I get older, I need it more. My son graduates this year. I can't believe it. I've had a tough time getting him through school. He has ADHD (the inattentive type) and severe problems with short term memory so tests were a nightmare. He has completed all of his regents and RCTs. Only one left to go in English next Tuesday. If he passes that, he graduates. He's the last one left in the house. It was hard when my daughter left, but like you said, we eventually got used to it. I don't think my DS is leaving for a while though.

Marcy

Hi everyone,
I can't believe I made it back:)
The meeting at school about my son went really well!!!!:) He was just diagnosed (sp.?) with ADD and is on medication(aREAlly hard decision for DH and I) and it seems that with only 6 weeks on the meds, he has turned around!!!!:) From failing and D's to A's and B's I was so happy, I almost cried at the meeting!!!!!

Gin- Don't be jealous of the cardio, I would rather be doing yoga!!:) I am not a big fan of cardio and kickboxing is my favorite!! I do find that I like CAthe's cardio the best though! I bet you'll still get a great workout with yoga and upper body work!

Tracee- I used to think I couldn't lift heavy but after reading what other people lift on the forum I try to push myself and I'm amazed at what I can do!!

Marcy-I like interval 10 also, for me interval 9 is still the hardest in Imax 2. Good luck with your son, I know how hard it is!

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.