Deanies Rotation Check In 1/15

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone!:)

Today was S&H chest and back. I really enjoyed this workout today! I really felt it and used heavy weights!
bench press 25#(2 sets) 20# (one set)
flys 17# all 3 sets
incline bench press 20# all 3 sets
incline flys 15# all 3
and I can't believe it but I did the push ups too!:)
For back I used the same weight as Cathe, except deadlifts, I started with 25# and dropped to 20# for the next 2 sets!
I'm really happy with it, but I'm worried for next week, because I always try to up some weights!! I did the ab work included in the workout, it was all planks and I was fried at the end!

Today the kids have off of school and we're going bowling! We haven't done that in a while, so it should be fun!

Tracee- How'd you do today?:) Wasn't it great not to do a circuit!!?

Marcy- I used your system to up my weights- I used my 15# and a 2# dumbell and held them together for 17#!! It worked great! Thanks!

Gin- Heard the ice storm was bad. I hope your son and his gf were okay to drive.

Have a good day all!
I'll try to BBL,

Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Good Morning!

I was MIA yesterday and didn't get on the computer at all. It was a rest day for me though and I enjoyed it. This morning was S&H Chest and Back and I didn't want to burn out before the end of the workout so I stayed moderate. Except on deadlifts, I used 15# which is my heaviest dumbbell. I guess I'll have to put my wrist weights on for additional weight if I want to increase on those in the future.

Good job Deanie on the heavy lifting. It was nice to do something different besides the circuits. I haven't checked out your p90x rotation yet but I'm going to do that after I finish posting.

Gin - We got a little bit of that icy weather here in Michigan last night. It was enough to close the schools but ours were already closed for MLK day.

I'll check back later.

Tracee

Good Morning!
I did Super Sets Upper Body Blast and then abs from Super Sets and Push/Pull. The upper body premix was good if you are looking for something different. I will probably have DOMS in my shoulders tomorrow!!:p
I have the FitTV version of S&H Chest and back, so I don't do it very often. Not nearly as good as the whole thing.
We were out of school today anyway for MLK Day, but I'm sure would have been out b/c of the icy roads. My son and his girlfriend are still trying to decide when to leave. They are quite anxious to get back to school.

Later,
Gin

Hi Ladies. I'm checking in real late today. Saturday was a rest day for me. Sunday I did Step Up to Dance, a good intermediate, step/dance/toning workout I got from a kind VFer. Today I made up for some missed workouts. I did Patrick Goudeau's Step Up (real complex). First time I did it. I definitely have to go over this one slowly when I get a chance. Patrick's routines are a lot of fun once you get them but it takes a while. I also did Core Max 2 (did all the pikes today!) and most of GS Legs (did the warmup, plie squats and calf raises from standing work and all of floorwork). I'm trying to stay away from squats, lunges and leg presses. I'd like to see if it makes a difference in slimming out my thighs.

Deanie - Great job on the heavy weights. I'm glad my suggestion worked for you. I saw your faux P90X rotation. It looks pretty good.

Gin - I'll have to try that premix. I don't do Supersets/Push Pull very often but I really like it because it's different.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.