Deanies Rotation Check In 1/12

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone!!

Happy it is Friday! It has been a long week, the mouse, painting my room, husband working overnight and home during the day, computer issues, work,: WHEW! Today is coffee (tea) with the girls and I am really looking forward to it!!

Today I did DM cardio only. It was a premix I haven't done yet and I liked it. Short and sweet! warm up drills 1-6 and cool down. then I did SJP abs(one of my favorites). I feel like I had a great workout!

Gin- Sorry to hear about your leg:( Please keep checking in though, we would miss you!

Tracee- glad to hear your replacements were good! My originals were fine, but the replacements freeze in BM2 and I was dissapointed(still have to view LIC and CF) Are you sore from BM2 bootcamp yesterday? I was when I first woke up- my arms!!

Marcy- How do you get those odd weights. 13.5 and 17(?) I could really use a 17# dumbell. Especially with chest work, sometimes 15# is to light but 20# for 3 sets of flys are WAY to heavy. Still thinking about P90X but I think I'm going to do Debbies rotation after mine and see how that goes.

Have a great Friday!!

Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Hi Deanie and all who follow:

I was short on time today so I did GS BS&B Timesaver premix. I really love this premix, 36 mins. and she does all the exercises for each body part only minus a set here and there. Here are my weights for today:

Dbbl row reverse grip: 19.5# 2 sets of 8 reps
Dbbl 1 arm rows: 25.5# 1 set 12 reps
Bbl pullover: 32# 1 set of 8 reps
Dbbl overhead press: 15# 1st set 10 reps, 2nd set 13.5# 8 reps
Dbbl lateral raise: 12# 1 set 10 reps
Dbbl rear fly: 12# 1 set 4 slow reps, 8 fast (went up in weights)
Bbl curls: 32# 1 set of 10 reps
Dbbl curls (crazy 8s): 8#
Concentration curls: Started with 13.5, had to go down to 12 and then 10# for right arm; left arm did 13.5 for first 8 reps and then 10# for the bonus. My right arm is weaker than my left.
Hammer curls: 12# 1 set of 10 reps; bonus reps with 10#
Dbbl wrist curls: 10# 16 reps

Deanie - I like the DM cardio premix. You feel like you got a lot accomplished in a short amount of time. Is Cheeseball gone for good now? I get the odd weights because I use my DH's dbbls with the screw cap. I weighed them and they were 3.5 pounds without weights and I usually put 3 or 5# plates on. My barbell is 10# without weights. I don't even have 12 or 15# dbbls. I have to hold a 10# and 2# weight together or a 10# and 5# weight. It's kind of a pain but I don't want to buy any more weights until I move. I'll probably do Debbie's rotation next month as well but possibly with a few minor modifications.

Gin: Don't leave. We enjoy hearing from you. Hope your leg gets better soon.

Tracee: I hope my replacements are okay. My originals were fine with a couple of very minor glitches which I could have lived with. I hope I don't have any problems. I didn't preview my new ones before I sent back the originals.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning! I'm so glad it's Friday too I need the break from work.

I went off schedule and did Intervals 1-4 from LowMax. I hadn't tried this one since I got it so I wanted to throw it in there. However, now I'm thinking that doing HSC tomorrow is going to be too much leg work. I may just skip a lot of the leg work and concentrate on upper body.

I'm still crossing my fingers that all of my replacements will work fine. I've only been through BM2 so far but was glad to see it was fine.

Deanie - I was a little sore in my arms today too but overall not as sore as I was expecting. I have a question about the rest of the rotation. Are you doing 3 weeks of the S&H week or am I getting confused.

Gin - Please take the time to get fully recovered but still check in with us. We would miss you.

BBL - Tracee

Tracee- I am doing 3 weeks of S&H starting Monday. I am following my rotation. I think I incorporated some of Debbies rotation in that I took out a cardio day, and put in rest, yoga or stretch instead. When I do S&H I try to do a mix of cardio. So this a.m. I did look over the rotation and heres what I am doing:

week 1:
day 1: S&H chest and back
day 2: Imax1
day 3: S&H bi/tri
day 4 rest/yoga/stretch
day 5: KPC
day 6: S&H legs and shoulders
day 7: off

week 2:
days 1,3,4,6,7, the same
day 2: Imax 3
day 5: DM cardio only premix of choice(whatever I feel like that day)

week 3:
days 1,3,4,6,7, the same
day 2: Gauntlet cardio only(including BC cardio)
day 5: Cardio Kicks

Then I will be doing 2 weeks muscle endurance- So I am following my rotation but I also really liked Debbies and will probably do hers next!:)

Marcy- I've never done the GS BSB timesaver- It looks good! Are you doing Debbies rotation this month?

Deanie

"This is a Blast- act like you are having one!" Cathe Friedrich

Deanie:

I'm actually doing Cathe's rotation this month or at least trying to get through it. I usually fall apart on the weekends when I don't have time to do workouts too often.

I think I'm going to do Debbie's next month. It's almost exactly the kind of rotation I need (lots of strength, little cardio and extra yoga and stretching). I'm going to change LIC cardio in week 1(I like the strength in that one but the cardio kind of bores me.) I also might sub Body Max 1 with Body Max 2 (the step portion and blasts in week 2). I like Body Max 2 so much better than Body Max 1. Cardio Kicks in week 4 will probably be Kick Max.

Marcy

Thanks Deanie, that clears it up for me. When I originally printed your rotation I thought you had it listed as wk1, wk2, wk3, wk4, etc. so that the week of S&H was only one week. When I looked at it last night I realized that you meant that you were doing 3 weeks of S&H with some cardio and then two weeks of the endurance. Makes perfect sense and that is what I'm going to follow. I'm really looking forward to concentrating on strength for a while.

Marcy - I will hopefully get to the post office this weekend to get that envelope to you for the tape. I don't have much time during the week to do that sort of stuff.

Tracee

Good Afternoon Ladies!
Thank you all for your sweet words. I will continue to check in everyday and we will see what I am able to do w/o-wise.
I slept a little later than usual today and did part of Denise Austin's yoga and will continue in a minute and add 1 segment of Stretch Max. I did 2 1/2 hours of exercise yesterday (GS C&T, Timesaver #3 and 1 hour swim class) and I was really tired. Besides that I have had a bad headache 4 days this week and have taken migraine med each day.....TIRED!!! TGIF!!!!:p Don't know why I continue to do Denise Austin Yoga! Her instruction is not good and I just plain don't like her w/os! I need to get another yoga dvd. Swimming is probably the only cardio I should be doing now with my hurt leg.
I think I will do LIC Total Body Sculpt tomorrow. It looks like it is mostly upper body.
It is raining here and supposed turn much colder. A great reason to stay inside and hibernate for the 3 day weekend!!:D

Take care!
Gin

Gin:

Wow! For being injured, you sure got a lot accomplished. I don't care too much for Denise Austin either, but I do like her Hit the Spot Pilates. It's 3 different routines for lower body. Swimming is a great idea right now with your hurt leg. Don't overdo it. Give your leg a chance to heal.

Have a great weekend!

Marcy

Marcy--Thank you for reminding me that I shouldn't overdue it. I have a tendency to do just that!!:eek: I have an obsessive type personality and have the mindset that more is better when it comes to exercise. It doesn't help my body!
Well, my DS and his GF just came in for the weekend and she will be staying in my workout/guest room, so there goes any chance of my finishing the yoga today. Oh well.:p

Gin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.