Deanies Rotation Check In * * * TGIF!* * *

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls

Today was B&G leg blast, and OUCHIE!! is right, to quote Gin. My legs were feeling it right away. When we did the first set of walking lunges and Cathe says, I bet that woke you up, I thought, It sure did:) It was a great workout. I'm considering doing this every fri for the next 2 weeks, instead of alternating the leg work. The key for me to not get DOMs in my legs is to keep moving, so good thing I am working today.

Marcy- I forgot to say Great Job with Crane Pose!! Its great to see a progression in your workouts, isn't it!!

Gin/Tracee- Hope you all had a great workout today

Later-
Deanie

Good Morning ladies!

Today I did KPC and used the workout blender to do the routine that Deanie did a few weeks ago. Today I have D-O-M-S in my L-E-G-S and G-L-U-T-E-S!! Good idea to do B&G every week. When I did the Firm (for YEARS!) I was hardly ever sore and thought that was a good thing. Now doing the Cathe workouts it seems as if I am ALWAYS sore.

Deanie--Enjoy working today. Is there a secret to making steel cut oats? I either burn it or it gets stuck to the pan.x(

Marcy--I think I have done the Crane pose in class and on one of my BB dvds. I think he calls it something else. WTG!!!

Tracee-- Did you survive your seminar or is it still going on?

Today is my DS's 20th birthday! I don't even have teenagers anymore. It is strange when you don't get to see your children on their birthdays!! He'll be home next week for a few days though!!:)

Have a great day!
Gin

Hi ladies!

Today was Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X. I had a pretty good workout. I am so close with one pullup and one chinup, just need another inch or two. I hope I can do at least one before this rotation is over. You ladies are really making me not want to ever do B&G Leg Blast again! Legs & Back is intense in a different way than Cathe. The wall squats are still killer but they're getting easier. I was a little tired this morning so my balance wasn't the greatest on the Super Skaters (not like Cathe's skaters) and bent leg deadlifts. I took my 30 day measurements the other day. I went down an inch in my chest and an inch in my hips.

Waist - 24"
Hips - 34 1/2" Low hip, 34" High hip
Chest - under 27", around 29"
L&R thigh - 18 1/4"
L&R bicep - 11"
Calves - 13 1/4"

My body fat last night was 21.7% (second time in a week). Like I've said before, I notice when I'm a pound or two more, my body fat is less. I also took my resting heart rate. It went from 65.86 to 58.74. It's also harder for me to get in the zone. I guess this means I'm getting fitter. I have to say after 30 days of this rotation, I feel fitter, stronger, more flexible and able to hold my balances longer. I would definitely do this again but maybe use a lot more similar substitutions.

I'm going to be the nasty enabler again. Just thought I'd let you girls know that CIA videos are having a free VHS giveaway (but you have to pay for the shipping.) These are a lot of older workouts but some looked good. There's a lot of step and hi/lo, strength, some yoga and a couple of treadmill. Here's the link: http://www.ciavideo.com/newsite/sale.asp

Deanie - Yes, it is great to see progression in my workouts! It wasn't that bad doing Crane once I got the right positioning of my head and hands. I'm also anxiously waiting Cathe's response to your question. I hope she says something soon.

Gin - Happy birthday to your DS! Sorry you didn't get to see him. I barely saw mine on his 18th. At least you'll get to see him next week.

Tracee - Hope you have a good workout.

Have a great day!

Marcy

Hi ladies. I'm late checking in today just because I forgot.

Today was B&G Leg Blast for me too and I agree OUCHIE! I don't know how you guys get through that one all the way. I talk myself out of doing some of the exercises twice or the third time. The only one I don't mind doing twice is firewalkers, I look forward to those. My legs were really shaking on the lunges where you bend over your front leg with the 5lb weight. Those get me every time.

Marcy - Congrats on your progression and getting fitter. You seem to be really focused and motivated with your fitness. I haven't attempted to do the crane pose since I was a kid. Funny how the things that we used to do for fun as a kid are now part of an exercise routine, like backbends. Ha!

Gin - my seminar wasn't too bad, we take lots of breaks and I went outside as often as I could. I even left at lunch and got some errands done.

Deanie - Any baseball this weekend? Do your boys only have weekend games or do they have week night games too? Mine have week night games and the older one has tournaments on the weekends. We've got a tournament scheduled for every weekend until July. Fun!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Tracee

Just got back from my yearly exam from the dr. I knew I had to get weighed, and started psyching my self up with things like, it doesn't matter what I weigh, I'm wearing size 2 capris and its that TOM for me today. Well, imagine my surprise when she weighed me and I weighed 117! Wow! I just did my BMI and its 21.4! Today is a good day for me!!!:7 :7

Marcy- I will take my measurements next week so they will be more accurate. Yours look great! I am holding on to my money though for the new Cathe dvds. :)

Gin-Happy Birthday to your son! I just follow the directions with the steel cut oats, but I do stir alot. You're supposed to be able to get 4 servings, but I can only ever get 3 servings. (each serving is one cup)

Tracee- I was cursing Cathe out big time today, but I do love the workout. My legs were shaking also on those, and I really sweat on the one legged squats!!! My DS's each are playing baseball, they each have one game during the week and one on Sat. for 8 weeks, and then they start the tournament. The tournament is double elimination, so they have at least 2 more weeks at that point. Hopefully more. Last year we got all the way to the championship!!

I will be checking in this weekend.
If anyone isn't----Happy Mothers Day!!! I hope you all have a wonderful day and your family takes you out to lunch/dinner!!

Deanie:*

Hi everyone!

Happy Mother's Day to all since I don't know if I'll be on the board this weekend.

I was a bad girl and just ordered 12 CIA tapes! It came out to $15.75. I got lots of dancy hi-lo and step which I really like, a kickboxing tape and a couple of yoga tapes.

Deanie/Tracee: Hope your kids do well at baseball this weekend.

Deanie: Congrats on your weight. That's excellent! It's been almost 20 years since I was 117. Only 5 pounds away now. Where do you buy the steel cut oats?

Marcy

Marcy - I had to come back in here to say man, you are tiny with curves. :) I'm more straight, no curves. I think my waist is 28 and hips are 32. Not much of a difference there which is why I have such a problem buying pants.

Anyway, have a good evening.

T

Tracee - Yes, I am curvy but it's hard for me buying pants too (although it's gotten easier since I lost weight and inches). The hips used to be too tight and the waist too loose. I have to get some more of my pants taken in and some I'm just giving away. I've pretty much been buying size 2s in Ann Taylor now. Went to H&M yesterday but had no luck. I might have to go up in size again though if I keep eating chocolate like I did today.:-(

Have a good weekend.

Marcy

Good Afternoon ladies!

Just talked to my 20 year old birthday boy son and he decided that since he is no longer a teenager, he will have to start wearing a suit to church!! I'm sure he was kidding. They do look handsome in a suit.

Marcy--You are the "home workout queen" with all of your dvds and workout tapes!! You are also a tiny lady with tiny measurements!

Tracee--32"hips?? I'm sure I was BORN bigger! Cathe says in B&G that your legs are going to be on fire with the firewalkers and I'm thinking I must be doing them wrong, because they hurt the least for me. Enjoy the baseball games.

Deanie-- 117 lbs?.....teeny tiny woman!!! Enjoy your boys' baseball.

Okay, ladies the only good numbers I can tell you about are my cholesterol--168, blood pressure--92/78, and resting HR--42. So, even though I would like to be 8 lbs. lighter, I'm healthy!:)

Happy Mother's Day!!
Gin

Gin - Your cholesterol's way better than mine and your heart rate is great. I guess you're in way better shape than me. You definitely are healthy. Don't worry about the number on the scale. Your other numbers are much more important. Do people still wear suits to church? I think only on Christmas and Easter in mine.

Marcy

Marcy- I buy the steel cut oats in Trader Joes.

Gin- your cholesterols great! I need to get mine tested. I was the same with firewalkers and then started taking larger steps and now I really feel it!

Tracee- Have fun at your games this weekend!

Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.