Deanie & Friends* * * TGIF* * * *

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls :)

Today was GS legs floorwork, and then I did B&G stability ball abs. The ab work was perfect for me today, I am sooo tired, but I really wanted to workout today and start the new rotation on Sun, so I made myself get up. I have errands today after school, so I knew it was now or never:)

School yesterday was great!! It really helped that I subbed so much last year. I knew all the kids (didn't have to remember names) and I knew the routine: circle time songs, snack time stuff, so I felt like I fit right in!:) The kids are adorable and fun!

Tracee~ I love the ab routine from SJP, I think its one of Cathes best. Good choice on SB! I wish I had done that instead of Imax:) Sorry about all the substitutions you have to do next rotation.

Gin~ I am not going to talk to that dad, I don't think he would be the type to listen. Poor kid. I hope school is going well for you. Have you ever taught any kind of music appreciation class? I am going to try and teach one this winter in an enrichment class. Any ideas are welcome. I am thinking of making an instrument each class and listening to that instrument with different types of music: classical, jazz, etc.

Marcy~ Are you tired too? Did you go dancing last night?

Marcy/Tracee~ Are you guys starting on Sunday also?

I will try to BBL,

Deanie:*

Good Morning!

Today I did Cathe's Basic Step, ran 3 miles and then the first half of Tracey's Step Sweatfest. So I have had enough cardio for today!:) Burned 575 calories. Step Sweatfest was fun, didn't get my HR up as high as Cathe's w/o, but I only did the first half of it.

Deanie--Glad you like your class and teaching so far. No, I have never taught a music appreciation class. We have a separate music teacher. On days when she is absent, I have a "song jar" with names of songs and I let the children take turns choosing a song out of the jar. You can probably find ideas on line or in books, specific to teaching children's music.

Tracee--I saw on the yaya board that Tess (she posts on Cathe) is selling her CK/CM dvd for $25. if you are interested. I didn't see any of the others that you named.

Marcy--Are you doing legs today?

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hi Ladies!

Today I did Tracy York and Michelle Dozois' Breakthru Pilates Plus. It's a fusion workout of pilates, ballet and yoga and I hadn't done it in a few years. I wanted to do it to see how far I'd come. I used to have such trouble with the pilates portion and today no more problem. I'm not saying it wasn't an effective workout but it was much easier than last time. I also "walked through" Tracey's Hi/Lo Sweatfest. It's very dancy and latin although it becomes more athletic if you want to add in more high impact. It was 43 minutes in total. I didn't do the whole thing because I ran out of time but it was fun.

Gin - Glad you had fun with Step Sweatfest. You definitely got enough cardio in today. Did you know Tracey's starting to put ideas together for a 4th series? Thanks for your comment about the GS weights. I didn't go quite as high on GS BS&B but made some improvements. As I figured, no changes in weight for concentration curls. I think that might be the hardest exercise for me in all of GS.

Deanie - I just love B&G Stability Ball Abs. It might be my favorite of Cathe's ab routines. Glad you had a great first day of school. I actually remember music appreciation in the first grade. We had to listen to Moon River by Andy Williams! I guess I'm dating myself. Did you have Mah Jongg last night? I didn't go dancing last night. My DS has kind of moved out and he came back for a visit last night so I stayed home. I finally kind of have an empty nest and it feels weird. I really miss him. But, on the bright side, the house stays a little cleaner. One of the first things he said to my DH was how clean the house looked. I don't know if I'm starting on Sunday. We're probably going to have an open house. If DH goes out for a ride on his motorcyle, maybe I can squeeze it in and start with you guys.

Tracee - I would also keep checking ebay for the DVDs you're missing. I got new sealed DVDs of IMAX 2/C&W and CK/CM for under $25. Hope you had a good workout today.

Marcy

Hi guys. I almost forgot to check in this morning. Today I did PLB both the weights and the floorwork. It's been a while since I've done weighted leg work so I really felt those.

I'm not sure if I'll start the new rotation on Sunday or Monday. We'll have to see how I feel. I need to get my last day of C&T in so I was going to do that tomorrow. I'm sure I'll catch up with you guys though because I usually end up skipping one or two of the days. :)

Thanks for the tips on the yaya board Gin. I was over there yesterday but didn't look at the swap page. Are you going to keep going there when they switch to the yuku board? That whole switch has me confused so I don't visit there as much as I used to.

It's lunch time so I gotta go but I'll check back later.

Tracee

Good Afternoon!

Day 2 of school and I still like it:)

Gin~ You are a cardio"aholic"!:) The new rotation should be right up your alley! I like the song jar idea.

Marcy~ I did play Mah Jongg last night, and I drove home one of my friends, and didn't get home till 11:30! What is it about boys and messes?? My DSs can remember who plays on what baseball team, what the batting average is and where they were traded from, yet can't remember to put the clothes in the hamper!!!! I'm glad you had a nice visit with your DS, and isn't it nice to know he is "messing" up his own space?:p

Tracee~ I think Marcy may be starting on Monday also, so you will still be "in the loop"!

I gave notice at the music store today, and set up the boys with new lessons elsewhere (unfortuneatly, the new lessons are more $$$) Then I had a moment of panic, and thought "did I cut off my nose to spite my face"? and I hope I made the right decision...... then I realized, whats done is done and I can always change music lessons again.

Okay~ I just realized I used "quotes" alot in this post!LOL:) Funny.

Have a good weekend,
I will be checking in this weekend even though Sat. is a rest day for me,

Deanie:*

Hi Again!

I can't decide if I will take Sat or Sun as rest day. We are going to out of town football game tomorrow am and will be back Sun aft. I may do HSTA tomorrow instead of Sun aft. Big Decisions!;-)
I know you girls are not old enough to remember those one piece aerobic outfits, but I was thinking about them the other day. I guess I wore them in the mid 80's....a one piece unitard like outfit made in a shiny fabric and I wore a black bikini bottoms over it. I had a bright pink one and I thought I looked so cute at my aerobics class!:p

Marcy--WTG with the pilates w/o and gald you liked Tracey's Hi/Lo. I didn't realize your ds had moved out. It is hard at first, but then you will get used to it.:(

Tracee--WTG on the PLB w/o! I didn't realize that yaya was switching to yuku!?!? I really only looked for Cathe's to trade for my Firms and I got rid of all of those.

Deanie--You are so right about boys and their messes. Glad school is going well for you!

Take care!
Gin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.