Deanie & Friends* * * TGIF* * * *

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning All :)

Today was B&G floor work and abs. First let me say, the premix info is wrong, it is not 49 min, but 59 min!!! Big difference when you slept a few min. later because the workout wasn't a full hour!!!LOL! It was a tough workout. In the middle of the workout, as my tush was burning, I was thinking "who suggested this %#@!! workout?" and then I remembered it was ME!!!!:) The abs were good, I am sure I will feel them tomorrow. Not sure if I am taking the day off tomorrow or Sunday. I will be checking in on the weekend though.

Gin~ which workout did you do? Your guest speakers discussion was something our speaker touched on also. So much info to grasp, its exciting! Are you going in today? I am off. What, if anything, do you do to get the kids "kindergarten ready"?

Marcy~ I posted Fitness Freaks rotation at the end of yesterdays thread. what did you end up doing today? B&G? Is your tush sore too?:)

Tracee~ What did you do today? I just got an email from my older DSs coach, baseball practice starts tomorrow. When do practices start for your kids (football and soccer, right?)

My top oven broiler coil sort of blew up yesterday (the oven has a toaster oven option~ so I don't own a toaster oven) and service won't be out for 3 weeks!! So today I'm off to Target to buy a toaster oven and a crock pot (the crock pot is for fun, not need)

Later~
Deanie

Good Morning!

Today was the usual Friday with running 3 miles with friends, then GS legs (floor) and PLB floor. I'll will have to do the abs and stretch later, as I am late.

Deanie--Today the children come for 45 min, to meet the teacher while the director has a mtg eith the parents. I'll post this aft. about getting the children "Kindergarten Ready". Enjoy your day off!

Marcy--Open House this weekend?

Tracee--This will be your kids last summer weekend, right?

Have a great day!
Gin :)

Good Morning!

I just couldn't pry myself out of bed this morning so I just did Clean Max and I'll try and fit something in tonight.

Deanie - Thanks for posting Debbie's rotation. I did many searches and couldn't find it. I might do it with a few changes but I'd also like to see what Cathe comes up with. I have to admit even though I don't like endurance, it's probably good to do until the New Series comes in. Thanks for letting me know the premix was 59 mins. Is is the regular ab routine or the stability ball? What pound ankle weights do you use? My DH keeps suggesting we get a crock pot. I have to admit it would be nice to prepare the night before and then come home and voila! dinner is done without doing a thing. Is your DS okay since his accident with the bat?

Gin - My DH has to repaint my DS's room and we're probably going to have an open house on Sunday. He also cut down some tree branches in front of the house and now at least we can say that if you buy the house you can have a clear view of the city skyline from the front porch. Amazing what cutting a few branches will do. It made a world of difference.

Tracee - Hope you have a good workout today.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday.

Hi guys. I'm late as usual with checking in. I also couldn't pry myself out of bed this morning to do a workout. I'm still dragging right now and it's 10:30. :eek:

Meet the teacher day wasn't as successful as I was hoping. Our elementary school has two classes for each grade and most of the teachers are pretty equal. However, for 3rd grade we definitely had a preference and at the end of last year our son's 2nd grade teacher told us who she was recommending for our son. We were happy with that but when we got to the school he was in the other teachers class. I hate to be one of those parents that asks for special requests but in this case I felt I had to. My younger son struggles with school and I don't want to see him get more behind this year because he has a teacher that is too lax with structure.

Deanie - Practices for both football and soccer have been going on for us for a couple of weeks now. Football was 4 nights a week but when school starts that will be cut back to 3 nights a week and one game on the weekend. Soccer is only one night a week and one game on the weekend. Good luck with fall baseball.

Gin - Yes, this is my kid's last summer weekend. Too bad we're not going anywhere fun and exciting. Ha! I'm hoping we'll still have a lot of good summer weather left though.

Marcy - Thanks for putting that rotation together, it did look like a lot of work. I hope you get some bites on your house soon.

Have a great weekend ladies.

Tracee

Hi Again!

I may have missed you guys. Had a b-day lunch with a friend after school today. Like to spread that b-day thing around!;-) Am meeting with friends on Sunday also and then it will come to an end.:-( ;-)

Marcy--I am also curious to see what Cathe comes up with for Sept. rotation. We will just have to decide on something and then revise if her new videos are delivered in the middle. Good luck with your Open House. A view of the city sounds wonderful.

Tracee--Sorry about the teacher mix-up. Are you going to talk to the principal or teacher about it?

Deanie--Hope you enjoyed your day off. You asked how to tell when a child is ready for Kindergarten. The teacher will need to observe the overall development of the child during the year. Indicators would include: his expressive/receptive language comprehension, (Does he speak in complete sentences? Is he able to follow directions?) his approach to learning/cognition (visual discrimination skills, ablility to sort and classify objects,etc.), his Social Emotional Development (separates easily from parents,etc.) and his Physical Development (ability to hold a pencil correctly, hold scissors with control). These are just a few of the indicators. Hope that helped.

Take care.
Gin:)

Hi Again!

I'm sure I missed you guys but I had to check in and say I did B&G Floorwork & Abs. It is definitely a butt burner. I don't know how Cathe and crew stay smiling during all those inner and outer thigh lifts. I try and smile along with them but I'm not grinning as much as they are.}( I think there may be something wrong with my DVD because the premix was very choppy with the chapter changes and different chapters kept popping up on the screen. I think the original one was better than the reformatted DVD.

Deanie - Were there supposed to bed two sets of roll-ins on the ball and two sets of the donkey kick/pizza press combo? I managed to get CK/CM DVD new and sealed for only $21.00! I couldn't pass it up. I'm now almost completely done with my Cathe collection. Only need PS and CTX on DVD and I'm finished but I'm not in too much of a rush for them now.

Gin - Have you received/taken a look at Step Sweatfest yet? I hope you like it. I hope I get to celebrate my b'day as much as you're celebrating yours:)

Tracee - I would definitely speak to the principal about your DS. The more structure the better and if he falls behind now, it just gets harder as the years progress. My DS had a couple of teachers that weren't and it was real hard. Good luck with it and I hope everything works out.

Have a good weekend and I'll try to post this weekend if I can.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.