Deanie & Co. +++Terrific Tuesday+++6/12

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

Today was PLB and segment 1 of Stretch Max. The pyramid part was not so bad. The stability ball portion gets my WEAK hamstrings but good. With the 1 leg hamstring raise and the roll ins I had to wimp out after the first set and go to Brenda's version!:( Everything else was really okay and it was nice to different exercises. I'll report back tomorrow to let you know about any DOMS.;-)
I do STILL have sore pecs from Sunday! How do you guys feel today?

Marcy--I am also hesitant about the boxing workout. I would need to see a clip.

Deanie and Tracee--Is the last day of school this week?

Off to take my dog to the groomer and then deliver Meals on Wheels.

Gin:D

Good morning Gin and all who come after!

Today was KPC and I did a fun premix. It was blocks and kicks: it was the cardio drills (med and hi intensity) and the 3rd kick/punch combo and the abs. It was a good fun workout and it was 51 min total. (which was good cause I slept late). I have doms today in my biceps and chest. I kinda like it, its been a long time since I've had doms.

This is the last day of school for my older DS, tomorrow is 5th grade grad. though they are calling it recognition. Thurs. is the last day of school for my younger DS. (the 5th graders don't go the day after grad.)

Gin- the stability ball portion of PLB always gets me good!! hope your legs are okay today:)

Tracee/Marcy- Hope you had a good workout today!

Off to Ann Taylor to get an outfit for tommorrow!

BBL,

Deanie

Hi everyone!

Today I went back to Plyo X after doing Amy Bento's Hi-Lo Xtreme last week. I felt good and was able to go double time on all the moves that called for it. Hot Foot is still a killer but I got through it. It took me longer this time to get my heart rate up. After midway through, my heart rate went up higher than last time. I feel like I have a lot more stamina than when I first started 10 weeks ago. I made up for missing ARX yesterday but didn't have a lot of time so I did Nekea Brown's Mix It Up abs. It was only 6 minutes. It had side tri rises with slow and fast counts, an exercise on the ball where you have one foot straight on the ball and the other knee bent on the floor and you lift your chest up (another oblique exercise) and finally feet on ball (you're in a V) and you do slow crunches (down 6, up 2 counts). Not as tough as ARX (although maybe I'm in better shape now) but a nice change. I'm really getting tired of ARX.

Today is my DS's last day of school. Tuesday is graduation. It's been a really long journey for him (and us). It feels weird I'll never have to wake him up for the bus again! At least today he was down on time for the bus, yesterday it drove away because he was taking too long but luckily it came back for him.

Gin - I told you the stability ball portion was a killer! I guess you needed Stretch Max after that.

Deanie - Good luck on getting an outfit. I have to do the same. Sounds like a good premix you did. There are so many premixes on KPC that I've never done yet that I look forward to trying.

Tracee - Hope you had a great workout.

Marcy

Good morning everyone.

Today was a premix from KPC for me also. I slept a little too late and it took all my strength to roll out of bed. Anyway, I always like KPC once I get into it so it was a good day. I think I did the same premix as Deanie. Mine had the 2nd and 3rd combos, intermediate drills and something else. I cut it a little short so that I could do the abs at the end. I like the pikes and roll ins at the end because it seems like the perfect amount for me.

My chest, bis and tris are a little sore today but nothing too painful.

I also took my measurements this morning since I'm not doing the p90x rotation anymore. I didn't really see much of a change and actually my biceps when flexed measured about 1/4 inch smaller. :(
My thighs, hips and waist were all slightly smaller.

Gin - my boys were both done with school last Thursday. We've now started our crazy summer daycare schedule so I have to drive them to a different place almost every day.

Deanie - I think you asked if I have lots of family in the area and the answer is yes. Both of my parents (divorced and remarried) and my in-laws are in the area as well as my sister and my husbands 4 sisters. I have lots of babysitting options and that is very nice.

Marcy - your credit card must be smoking after all those purchases. I'm patiently waiting Cathe's presale announcement and I'm going to be very upset if she doesn't have one this time. I hope you hear back from one of those people who attended your open house over the weekend? Do you watch any of those selling shows on HGTV? I love watching those.

I'm looking forward to PLB tomorrow because it will be the first time I get to do it with a barbell. I've always had to use dumbbells before so this is going to be a challenge to see if I can switch the weights in the amount of time that Cathe gives us.

My younger son(8) had his first baseball game last night and he hit the ball way over the outfielders heads. I was videotaping it and thought for sure that he was going to be able to run all the way home but the 3rd base coach stopped him at third. You can hear me on the tape saying "you've got to be kidding me?" Ha! I just wanted him to get a homerun so I could see the look on his face!

BBL.
Tracee

Hi Tracee,

Yes, my CC is a little hot right now although I actually paid cash for a couple of items. I think Cathe will most likely have a presale. I think a lot of people will be very upset if she doesn't. I watch the home selling shows all the time. I've decluttered my home, painted my downstairs in neutral colors, had the candles going so my home smelled nice and fresh (a lot of people remarked how nice it smelled!), had a pot of coffee brewing, took out the leaf in my dining room table to make the dining room/living room appear bigger and DH has kept our backyard meticulous. Don't know what else to do so I guess we'll just have to sit back and pray.

Hope you enjoy PLB tomorrow with the barbell. I do find it hard to change the weights as quickly as Cathe does. Although I got spring clips which definitely make it faster (I used to have the screw on caps which took forever to screw and unscrew.) Congrats to your DS on his great hit!

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

I went to yoga last night and she had us try a new pose. Not sure if she said the name. Start seated with your legs out straight and finger tips on floor besides hips. Then lift your hips up and still on heels of feet. Then hold hips up off the floor with legs out straight. The instructor was the only one to be able to do it in a class of about 20-25. I guess it was similar to a levitation hold, but with straight legs.:p

Deanie--I may try your KPC combo Fri. when out of town..sounds good. Last time I was in Ann Taylor, they had some really cute stuff. Tell us what you find. Happy 5th grade grad. for your DS. Is middle school next year?

Marcy--Happy high school grad. for your DS! When my DS was still living here, the dog (his dog) would wake him up every morning for school. I would say to her, "Go wake up your Boy!" and she would run and jump on his bed and get in his face. It was cute and I miss that.

Tracee--You don't need to be any smaller,girl!! Do not be unhappy about the measurements!! How nice to have so many family members close by. Yeah on your DS's triple!

Gin

Hi again!

Tracee - If your thighs, hip and waists are smaller, you should be very happy. If you want to build up your bis again, you might even try doing less than 8 reps with a really heavy weight. Someone over at VF did this with very good results. I assume you were lifting heavy with our rotation but if you weren't, I would go back to it. When I did my Jari rotation, I lost 1/4" in my bis but when I went back to heavy lifting, I gained it back.

Gin - I previewed David Swenson's 2nd Series last night and I think he did a move like you described. Deanie was right, that man is definitely a human pretzel. He's amazing. I don't know if I'll even attempt it this week but it's certainly something to strive for. There were 7 different headstands. I always thought I was pretty flexible but he's just unbelievable. I would like to try and get his manual so I know exactly the name of each pose, how to get there and proper form.

Marcy

Hi guys!

I found a really cute dress, and some other stuff too!! I ended up getting a dress, shoes(wedgie flip flops), accessories for the dress, a cool reversable tote bag pocketbook, and a tankini and coverup! I am not going shopping again for a while!!!!! The dress and the tankini are the same red/black almost like a bandana pattern- really cute. Thanks for the grad. congrats! My DS is really looking forward to grad. They graduate and have a small reception in the school and then a pool party at the swim club in the afternoon. I really hope it doesn't rain.

Tracee- Don't be upset by your measurements. You are small!! You probably didn't have alot to firm up anyway:) I'd love if my thighs and hips were smaller. I have to take my measurements. I had a tape measure, but the boys were playing with it and now I can't find it! ha! Enjoy doing PLB with your new Barbell!!

Marcy- Congrats on your sons graduation. From all you've been telling us, you should be so proud of him:7 If you do the DS yoga, let us know! It looked so hard, I never even attempted it. I didn't realize there were so many diff. headstands. In his first practice, I think he does 2 diff. kinds. Your open house sounds nice. The housing market is really slow now, I'm sure your home will sell, just may take a really long time.

Gin- your dog story is sooo cute! I would love to be able to take a yoga class like you do. Could you do the pose you described? It sounds like one of the ab work poses CAthe does in a CTX dvd.

Deanie:*

Deanie - Congrats on your purchases. I tried going to Bolton's at lunch but no luck. I guess I'm off to Ann Taylor as well and maybe Dress Barn. My DS is having a dinner at the Holiday Inn by his school. He was so sweet and invited a teacher he had for 2 years that had left the school and paid for her ticket. I thought it was so nice of him to remember her. She was really nice to him and used to make him blueberry pies. I have to take my measurements as well but my DH took the tape measure. I hope the weather holds up for your DS's pool party.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.