Deanie & Co. ~~~~Marvelous Monday~~~~

Good morning ladies.

Today I did PUB and I forgot how exhausting it was. It's been a while since I've done and endurance type workout and I could tell. Especially on biceps, boy was I weak today. I couldn't finish the entire pyramid on those and I'm kicking myself.

Gin - I bow down to your strength for being able to lift the same as Cathe in that workout. I can only match her on the shoulders and tricep (except when she jumps up to 10's).

Deanie - Sorry about the loss in baseball but what a great accomplishment! I bet he's proud of that season.

Marcy - Were you able to get workouts in this weekend? I love roller coasters too. We used to go to Cedar Point in Ohio a lot when I was a kid.

Have a good day everyone.

Tracee

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I ran 3 miles with my friends and then did SB and then KPC abs. My hair is dripping all around the edges, so I must have worked out hard!:p SB is a fun one. You almost forget how hard you are working. I had to switch SB with KPC, because I can do KPC with me when I go out of town, since no equipment is needed.
My chest is sore from yesterday's chest press. I guess we didn't do that with the last rotation. It hurt when I ran. Wonder if you guys will feel that tomorrow.

Tracee--I'm glad you also thought that PUB was tough, esp. those biceps at the end. They seemed to go on forever.:eek: Did you grow up in the same town where you live now?

Deanie--Enjoy your last days before school is out.:D

Marcy--Have a great workout/day!

Gin:)

Good Morning Tracee and all who come after :)

I did PUB today too. It was wonderful to follow Cathe, to let her do the counting for me, and NO PUSHUPS!!!!:) I did the abs first and was really glad I did. I did push myself on the biceps (and like Cathe said, I'm really glad I did)! I also really liked working each muscle group to failure.

Stats: (used weights I had written down from last time I did PUB)
chest: 12-15-20
back: 15-20-25
shoulders: 3-5-7 for some reason, these are always SO hard for me!!!
tri: 5-8-12 kickbacks (next time will do 8-10-12)
tri: overhead extention: 15-20-25 (last 2 at 25 were hard!)
bicep: 10-12-15 (to be honest, I rarely pause, but today I paused between the hammer curl at 15# and the trad. curl at 15#, don't know if I could have completed it with out the min. pausex( )

my back and biceps are really feeling it now! I could actually bench press heavier, but stayed with what I have, because there is no way I could do a chest fly with more weight that 20#.

Marcy- hope you had a great weekend and fit your workouts in. Let us know your stats for today!

Gin- How was KPC? Did you do a premix or the whole thing. I am thinking of maybe doing the 2nd premix (forget the name) its the high intensity cardio and the 3rd kickbox combo and the abs. I just did KPC 4 days ago, so thinking of mixing it up.

Tracee- How were the kids baseball games? Yes, thanks, my son is really proud of his season. Second place is cool!

Have a good one-
BBL,

Deanie:*

eta: Gin we posted at the same time! I liked your creative cardio today!- SB is a blast!!

Hello everyone!

Sorry I missed you all this weekend. I was very busy. Saturday we went car shopping again and yesterday we had our own open house (sans broker). We had the most people yesterday (6) so I hope things are going to happen soon. Needless to say, I did not fit in any of my missed workouts. I'm a little bummed but I'm dealing with it. I don't worry about missing the cardio since I think I get enough but I was POd I missed Legs & Back.

I didn't sleep well last night and it was real hard getting out of bed this morning. Finally trotted downstairs at 6:10 and put in Chest & Back only to realize it was Week 10 and I had to do Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. With a deep groan, I changed discs. I was actually looking forward to Chest & Back but I carried on. I had so little energy this morning and because I started late, I missed abs again so I will try and do them tonight once DH falls asleep. Here are my stats for today:

3-in-1 pushups: 12 + 10 bonus (1 less bonus than last time)
In&Out Shoulder Flys: 16 reps with 12# (no change)
Chair Dips: 42 with leg raise (no change)
Plange Pushups: 18 (up 2)
Pike Presses (really don't like these): 13 (no change)
Side Tri-Rises: 15 each side (10 less than last time)
Floor Flys: 16 (no change)
Scarecrows: 10 reps, 13# (no change)
Overhead tricep extensions: 10 reps, 13# (no change)
2-Twitch Speed Pushups: 15 (up 2)
Y-Presses: 10 reps at 15# (up 1 rep and 2#:p )
Lying Tricep Extensions: 10 reps at 16# (up 3#:9 )
Side-to-Side pushups: 13 (up 1)
Pour Flys: 10 reps at 10# (up 1 rep) (I haven't been able to go up in weight at all on this exercise.:( It's real tough.)
Side-Leaning Tricep Extensions: L arm - 8 reps at 16#, R arm 5 reps at 16#, 3 reps at 13# (up 3#)
One-Arm Pushups: 16 (up 2)
Weighted Circles: Another tough one! 40 reps with 8# (don't think I'll ever be going up in weight with this one.)
Throw the Bomb: Both arms - 10 reps at 14.5# (up 1#)

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!! I did 4 clapping pushups! :9 :9 Don't know how I did these with so little energy this morning. I didn't think I was going to be able to do one of these before this rotation was through. Woo hoo!

Slo-Mo Throws: 8 reps at 10# (no change)
Front-to-Back Tricep Extensions: 10 reps at 12# (2 more reps)
One-Arm Balance Pushups: 14 with leg in air on all (up 2 reps)
Fly-Row Presses: 8 reps at 12# (no change) had a tough time with these today. I can't stand upright rows!
Dumbbell Cross Body Extensions: 16 reps at 15# (up 2#)

Deanie - Sorry your DS's team lost. KPC & PUB abs sounds like a great combo. I don't know if I've ever done abs 4x a week but I say do whatever feels better for you. Great job on PUB!

Tracee - We were actually planning on going to Cedar Point last year but never made it there. I hear they have the best rollercoasters anywhere. I don't have a problem with rollercoasters - it's anything that spins around, I feel like I'm going to puke!

Gin - Good job matching Cathe on PUB! You're one strong woman! I match her on chest, a little behind on back and biceps but surpass her on shoulders & tris.

Have a good day everyone. BBL.

Marcy

Hi again.

Gin - I live pretty close to the town I grew up in. I live about 20 miles away. I've always stayed close to home. I even went to college in this area.

Deanie - Wow, I'm in awe of what you were able to do on PUB. I think I could have gone heavier with some of my exercises but again I'm limited because I don't have 20 lbs dumbbells. I have adjustable wrist weights but they are what I use on the 3 lb exercises so I don't want to change them from 3 lbs. We didn't have any baseball this weekend so I was able to get some cleaning done at home. Oh and I actually cooked a meal on Sunday.

Marcy - congrats on your awesome performance on clapping pushups!!!!:7 I wish I could see the actual exercises you do on those discs. Some of his names are hard to tell what the exercise really is.

Have a good day.
Tracee

Hi again!

Marcy- WTG with the clapping pushups!}( :D }( You seem to do really well on the days when you don't sleep well at night!LOL!

Tracee- Isn't it great to cook again? The one thing about baseball season, we end up eating sandwiches at the game. I also missed cooking dinner.I think its nice you live close to where you grew up. Do you have a lot of family around? We are in MD. on our own, and I really miss not having family around. Especially for the kids, to know their family.

Gin- when are you leaving? Are you going to be able to do the rotation from your brothers(?) house? And more importantly, will you be checking in? :)

Have a great day!

Deanie

Good Afternoon!

Deanie--I actaully did do 14 push ups yesterday before chest. I worked so hard to do ANY pushups with the last rotation, I feel as if I need to keep it up a little. You are so incredibly strong in all areas!! I will be gone Thurs.-Mon. and will probably be able to post most days. I plan on taking KPC, ab hits, yoga and maybe Core Syn. I hope that I can run, but the only time I have "free" is Fri. morning when I take my nephews to a day camp. Can I use Core Syn. with just a pair of 5# weights? I think that is all my SIL has.

Marcy--Keep us posted on your house. You did so well considering you were tired!! Your workout looked incredibly tough! Yeah on the clapping pushups! I only matched Cathe on back, sh, and bis. Not chest and tri.

Tracee--I have 20# only because my DS left them when he came home from college. My DH freaked out when I bought 15#ers a few months ago. I think he still believes that lifting weights is too masculine for women!x( I found my old 3 # Sat while cleaning out.:D

Gin

Hi again!

I'm still on a buying spree. Deepdiscount had a mega sale. The prices were too good to pass up. They had a 20% discount. This is what I got:

10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results Pilates with Lara Hudson
Shiva Rea - Vinyasa Flow Yoga
Shiva Rea - Yoga Shakti
Cardio Camp with Kimberly Spreen
Advanced Step Challenge - Amy Bento
Ready Step Go - Kelly Coffey-Meyer
Seasun Zieger - Straight Up Step

From ebay: Tilak Pyle - Altar of the Heart (yoga)

I have to stop! This is getting out of hand! I can't wait to finish the X so I can dive into all these new goodies. I think I have enough to keep doing new workouts for the next couple of months.

Gin - Good work on the pushups. Just keep doing them, they do get easier. Whatever you're taking with you sounds good. 5# for Core Syn is fine. The most I use is 10# on the lunge and reach move. I guess we can't match Cathe on everything. She always seems to go heavy on chest & bis (I guess they're her strong body parts). I always do more than her on tris and shoulders. I can't wait to buy 15#ers. It would make life so much easier but I don't want to buy any more weights till I move.

Marcy

I just received my PUB, PLB and Leaner Legs vhs tapes in mail from my trade. Just in time to do PLB tomorrow morning!}( I just read where someone posted that they thought PLB was tougher than B&G...YIKES!! And someone said they have more soreness from PLB...YIKES!!x( I'll report back tomorrow or Wed. on that subject.:eek:

Marcy--You crack me up with your workout purchases. I have heard good things about Shiva Rea. You'll have to let us know. You have the addiction and bad!;-)

Gin

Marcy- congrats on your purchases! You do have it bad!!}( Are you going to purchase Cathes new dvds?

Gin-Enjoy PLB tomorrow! (insert witches laugh :p )

Deanie

Deanie - Yes, I want to purchase Cathe's but unlike you (who needs your Cathe fix now), I can wait for awhile because I have plenty to keep me busy. I really want the 4 and 3 day splits. Boxing series I can pass on for now as well as the Travelers workout. I'm also going to pass on the high rep total body workout but the All Step Advanced workout is an absolute must for me. I also don't need the IPOD workouts. I might get the boxing later on but I think it's going to require too much equipment for now.

Gin - Hope you don't hurt too much tomorrow from PLB. It's been awhile since I did that one in its entirety. The stability ball stuff really gets in there good.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.