Deanie & Co.@@Thrilling Thursday@@6/21

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

Today I did S&H Tris, Bis and Abs. This was the first time for the "real" version. The Fit tv version missed out on the hammer curls and the reverse curls and some of the ab work. I really have switched over to all full dvds, except Stretch Max. I used the exact same weight selection as Cathe, even needing to go down in weight when she did. Now...how come my arms don't look anything like hers??x(

Tracee-- Hope all is going well with your son's surgery. Let us know.

Deanie--The doctor told your DH not to do a lot of walking and then he was out cutting the grass last night? Hmmmm. So sorry about your accidnet. Things are only going to get better, right?

Marcy--Are you itching to do your Cathe workouts after you complete p90x?

Going to Pilates after Meals on Wheels. DH is talking to someone this morning about re-doing the basement for a workout room . Keep your fingers crossed that the bid isn't too high!!
Gin

Gin~ too funny about the posting same times! I am more than happy to post under yours:) Good luck with your bids! exciting! Good job with the weights. I love lifting like Cathe. I know, my DH is NOT a good patient. He also doesn't want to go to the recommended physical therapy! MEN!

Tracee~ HOpe all goes well with your sons surgery today!
Deanie

Hi Girls!

I decided to post here since this was the most current. Today I did Shiva Rea's Fluid Power. This is a vinyasa style yoga. I think it's a little more suited to people who have had some dance background. In the beginning, I felt like I was back in dance class doing isolations. Shiva is beautiful to watch and she does the practice on the beach. I used the matrix which was very easy to use and did the following:

Spiral Meditation: This is where she did the isolations, undulating movements.
Foundation Vinyasa
Mandala Namaskar I - includes 3 hip openers.
Handstand Vinyasa - Didn't get into a handstand but tried kicking up into one a few times.
Backbending Vinyasa - liked this one
Forward Bend & Hip Openers - liked this as well.
Meditation
Deep Relaxation - I was definitely relaxed after this was over.

This was the first time doing yoga with a female instructor. She was so beautiful to watch and had great form. There were a few times when your back is away from the TV so I had to rewind a couple of times but she was very easy to follow. There is 213 minutes of yoga on this one. There are 6 different premixes - 3 intermediate long flows (Backbend Flow - 108 mins., Hip Opening Flow - 77 mins. and Creative Flow - 63 mins.) and 3 short flows (Beginning Flow - 43 minutes, Lunar Flow for Flexibility - 41 mins. and Meditation - 26 mins.) I'm glad now that I have some shorter options in addition to Swenson's short forms. This feels completely different than power yoga. Shiva is very dancy in her movements so it was quite different than what I normally do but I liked it. The music wasn't bad but I actually liked the music better on Tilak's Altar of the Heart. The DVD came with a booklet which really explained each of the sections and the times for each one which was very helpful.

I managed to squeeze in Ab Ripper X last night. I actually felt like I had more energy than when I do it right after the workout. The first 5 exercises in this are always tough for me and then it gets easier.

Deanie - My DH would probably be mowing the lawn too. He mows almost every other day and wouldn't want to let it grow too high. Sounds like you had an intense workout. I know it's going to feel much different doing slow counts than what I've been doing now. Is S&H in Debbie's rotation? I don't remember.

Gin - I hope you can get your workout room. That would be awesome. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. And yes, I am kind of itching to get back to Cathe. I'm curious to see if it'll be easier or if she'll still kick my butt (I think she'll still kick my butt as others have tried her after the X and they still come out fried after their workouts). Sorry your arms aren't looking like Cathe's (yet!). Sometimes its just genetics and no matter how hard we try, we'll never look like __________. I think it's great you finally switched over to all DVDs. Stretch Max is the same as it is on Fit TV since the workouts aren't over 22 mins.

Tracee - Hope your DS's surgery went well.

Will try to BBL. Have a great day.

Marcy

Good Afternoon!

Deanie--What workout are you planning to do tomorrow? 30 min. bike ride is on the schedule. Tomorrow is my running day with my friends and I think I will tack on intervals 1-5 from IMAX3 afterwards. Not sure I am up to doing the entire IMAX3 anyway.:eek: I don't have IMAX3, just HCE, so I will have to switch back and forth.:p Id your DH going to go to therpy? Hope it doesn't get any worse.

Marcy--Glad you enjoyed the yoga practice today. S&H is not in Debbie's rotation. Almost everything else is though, except S&H, only 1 GS and none of the newest workouts. I would think that the x is tougher, but will be curious to see how you compare the two.

Gin

Hi Gin,

I still don't have IMAX 3 either, although there are a couple on ebay which seem reasonable so far. I don't mind S&H not being in the rotation as I should probably do more endurance and less heavy lifting after I'm done. I can't wait to compare. I'll get to work out with a barbell again.

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.