Deanie & Co. ***Happy Hump Day** 6/20

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning :)

Today was Imax 2. Fun. I was surprised to find it much easier than Imax 3. Can you believe I blanked on what blast 9 was?!! I was going along enjoying the workout, got to the cardio part of #9, and said to myself, I know I don't like blast 9, can't remember what it is. as soon as it started though, I totally remembered!!!x( But I made it through! I am thinking of reworking the rest of the week, because of our vacation coming up (as long as the dr. today says its okay for my DH to go)
thurs: S&H bi, tri, shoulders
fri: 30 min treadmill and coremax
sat: s&h legs and abs from S&H bi, tri
sun thru tues: off
then next week keep everything the same, just cut out the HSC day.

Marcy- We want details! How was the graduation? Your son must feel so proud:D

Gin- Hope we didn't start the thread the same time today! LOL

Tracee- Hope you had fun with Imax 2 today!

Later-

Deanie:*

Okay, Hershey is out:-( :-( so I will be doing the rotation as is.:-( Haven't told the kids yet, we will go another time, but still dissappointing

Deanie

Good Morning Ladies!:)

Today I had my yoga class and then also did IMAX2 and then Stretch Max #2 with the stability ball. I think that was the first time I had done the "real" IMAX2, not just the taped FitTV version. It is fun!! I thought I was counting the number of intervals, but must have miscounted. I thought there were 2 more, when I was on the last one. What a surprise.:)
I was looking over Debbie's rotation that we planned to do next and it looks good. She uses so many different workouts (except for the newest ones) and lots of premixes which keeps you from getting bored!

Deanie--Are you not able to go to Hershey Park because of your DH's injury? What did the doctor say? Can you go later in the summer?

Marcy--How was your son's graduation?

Tracee--Are your kids still in baseball camp?

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Morning Ladies!

Sorry I'm a little late checking in. I've been busy at work. Graduation was wonderful. There was dinner, dancing, great band, awards, then giving out of diplomas. My DS got the Attorney General's 3Cs award for Courage, Character & Commitment. My parents, some friends and his teacher were all in attendance. We all had a wonderful time. DS had a great time but said it went by way too quickly. I am so proud of him. It took an awful lot for him to get that diploma in hand. A couple of the teachers said it must feel like my graduation too (and I agreed!). Now on to my workout:

It was my last Shoulders & Arms today so here are the results:

Alternating Shoulder Press: R1: 8 reps @ 17.5#, R2: 8 reps @ 19# (up 4# from week 1)
In & Out Bicep Curls: R1&R2: 16 reps @ 16.5# (up 4.5# from week 1)
2-Arm Tricep Kickbacks: R1&R2: 10 reps at 19# (up 6# from week 1)
Deep Swimmer's Presses: R1&R2: 8 reps @ 17.5# (up 2.5# from week 1)
Full Supination Concentration Curls: R1: 10 reps at 17.5#, R2: 9 reps at 17.5# (up 4.5# from week 1)
Chair Dips: Both rounds 35 with leg raise (up 15 from week 1)
Upright Rows: Both rounds: 10 reps at 16.5# (up 3.5# from week 1)
Static Arm Curls: Both rounds: 16 reps at 16.5# (up 4.5# from week 1)
Flip-Grip Twist Tricep Kickbacks: Both rounds: 10 reps at 16.5# (up 4.5# from week 1)
Two-Angle Shoulder Flys: Both Rounds: 16 reps at 16.5# (up 4.5# from week 1)
Crouching Cohen Curls: R1: 10 reps at 16.5#, R2: 8 reps at 16.5# (up 4.5# from week 1)
Lying-Down Tricep Extensions: R1: 10 reps at 15#, R2: 8 reps at 15# (up 3# from week 1)
In & Out Straight-Arm Shoulder Flys: Both Rounds: 16 reps at 13# (up 3# from week 1)
Congdon Curls: R1: 5 reps at 15#, 3 reps at 13#, R2: 8 reps at 13# (up 3# from week 1)
Side Tri-Rises: R1: 24 each side, R2: 25 each side (up 10 from week 1)

Deanie - I remember the first time doing Interval 9 in IMAX 2 and thought I'd never get through it, now it's not so bad. Sorry your vacation plans didn't work out. How's your DH?

Tracee - Hope IMAX 2 went well for you.

Gin - I can't wait to do the whole IMAX 2 without going back and forth through all the chapters from the Terminator DVD. Yes, I did a half middle of the room headstand. I don't have a wall nearby. At least in the living room, I have carpeting and the furniture to fall over on.

Hope to BBL. Have a great day.

Marcy

Sorry I'm so late coming in here today. That's been the story of my day I guess. I woke up an hour before I was supposed to, went back to sleep and then didn't wake up to my alarm. So I woke up with just enough time to get ready for work but no exercise. I'm also going to miss tomorrow's workout because my younger son is getting his tonsils out. We have to be at the hospital at 6am for a 7:30am surgery. Ugh! I might be able to fit in a workout in the afternoon depending on how everything goes.

Sounds like you guys are doing great with your schedules. I really was looking forward to doing IMAX2 today.

Deanie - I hope your dh is okay. Let us know what the doctor said.

Marcy - Congrats to you and your son. It sounds like he accomplished a lot. How very special.

Gin - How much of IMAX2 was missing from the fittv version?

Have a good evening.

Tracee

Hi Tracee - Sorry you didn't sleep well. I've done the same thing, getting up early and then waking up 30 minutes or an hour later. Good luck with your DS tomorrow. Hope everything goes well and that this is the end of your DS's problems. I think about 10 minutes is missing from the Fit TV version of IMAX 2. I know Interval 9 was still in there but I forget what was missing.

Marcy

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Marcy--Congrats to your son on receiving the award! And congrats to you on another great p90x workout. You have really gained strength! You do need to treat yourself to a real copy of IMAX2, even if you buy used from ebay. It is such a good one to have. WTG with the headstand! Maybe that could be my summer goal..to complete a middle-of-the-room headstand.:p

Tracee--You are one busy mama!! Sorry that you over slept, but you were probably tired and your body needed the extra rest. Don't worry about it. IMAX2 will still be there when you are able to do it! Only 10 min. was missing from the fit tv version, so I guess just 2 intervals? "Do you like pina coladas?" is in my head afterwards!! Hope all goes well with your son's surgery tomorrow. My sons have never had their tonsils out, but older son has had about 5 knee surgeries. All good.

Take care!
Gin:)

Gin - I actually got my brand new IMAX 2/C&W workout from ebay a couple of weeks ago and it's aching to be opened out of the shrinkwrap. As far as the headstands, Tilak Pyle does the headstand the same way David Swenson does them so I think I'm getting the hang of it as far as where to place my head and hands and getting the right leverage. It is doable. At first I thought crane/raven was impossible, but that's doable for me now as well. I just got Shiva Rea's Fluid Power and I'm waiting for Yoga Shakti. I think these might have headstands in them as well. I might do Fluid Power tomorrow or Yoga X. I guess I'll see in the morning what I'm in the mood for.

Marcy

Afternoon ladies

Marcy- Congrats to your son for his award. He must have been so proud, and you and DH too. Your workout was amazing! I'm also impressed you've stayed with it. It is a long rotation.

Tracee- I agree with Gin- your body probably needed the extra sleep. I will say, this rotation does seem to wipe me out. I wonder if its the extra cardio? I wouldn't worry about missing a day or two. I hope all goes well with your sons surgery tomorrow. Hopefully this will be the end of all the strep! (for him and your family)

My DH has ruptured something in his heel. Nothing is broken, and no surgery is needed. His dr. said not to do alot of walking, and he needs physical therapy once a week, for the next 4 weeks. Then he sees the dr. again. We have been having a run of bad luck. First my DH, then today I take my son to the trade and play video store, and I back up from the parking space (going only 5 mph) and hit a gaurd rail!! It was in front of a low brick wall. I saw the wall, not the gaurd rail. A woman who works inthe plaza said someone hits the gaurd rail almost every day. I think she was trying to make me feel better.x( I just feel sick about it. We love our Highlander! The rest of the week can only get better. Right??!:eek:

Oh Hershey Park, thats 3. (I am a firm believer bad things come in 3s) DH heel, the car and hershey. Okay we're good!

Deanie:*

eta: forgot to say, the damage was bad to the car, and I was only going 5 mph!!Scary what would be in a real accident if the car crumples so easily! DH is getting an estimate now. (1/2 the back bumper is crushed and barely hanging on!)

Deanie - Yes, we were all really proud of DS. He's come such sa long way. Hopefully only good things will happen to you from here on out. Sorry about your car. Ouch! They don't make bumpers like they used to. My DH backed into a gas pump when our car was only 2 weeks old. It cost us $250 for a new tail light and there's a couple of scratches on our trunk. Maybe you'll be able to get to Hershey later in the summer. When we went to Disney for the first time, my DH was having a lot of problems with his feet and couldn't walk for any long period of time. I got him a wheelchair for one of the days and it really helped.

Marcy

Marcy- 2 weeks old and in a fender bender! That stinks! We've had cars before, we have not liked half as much, and never got a scratch on them. We love this SUV, and the front bumper is nicked, a rock flew up from the road and the windshield has a small hole in it, and now this. Weird. Luckily (and surprisingly) my insurance covers all but $250. the damages were over $1200. OMG!!! and the lights are still intact! Oh well.... Hershey is still on the table, we will just go later in the year. I don't want to go in Aug. though, way to hot. I give your DH many kudos for getting into a wheelchair. My DH is now out mowing the lawn!:) He is not a good patient, and didn't even use his crutches the last two days. Good thing hes cute!

Have a good evening.
Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.