Damage Controllong on a TuEsDaY!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

Now....its only early but I am up alone and there is no one sleeping anywhere they shouldn't be!:D Lets see if this day is any better then yesterday! Ugh! It did get better after but I forgot to mention that I was pmsing and very annoyed with everyone in general. When i went to work i just wanted to do my own thing but my boss kept scotting around with his hand in his pockets, then he had some greasey looking guy show up for something. Then the two of them were in MY work area! And then my running partner called me at work to have a chat. Who does that? I was annoyed by that as well. And she isn't the kind of person who just called to ask me something, if she is calling, its for an hour long conversation. She asked if my boss was around and i told her yes, which is was, but when I hung up I thought 'what is she thinking, i would never call her at work"

Yesterday evening DH was so attentive it was not fit. I think he thought I was pissed about something else. I got a few digs in at dinner time, regarding getting up in the morning. He told me that just b/c I was up to workout doesn't mean he has to get up. So I told him my thoughts on that. Far from the blow up I expected. Which means now it will just come later!:rolleyes::eek:

I have a flight @ 9 so I had to get up a bit earlier. I don't normally leave here until after 9 so now I need to leave around 8:15 or so. I set the alarm for 5:45 and suprisingly it wasn't that hard to get up! I will be tired later though.

Wendy** 4:15!? When i read that I knew I could get up at 5:45 but I wasn't in bed at 9 either. I lay down with DS @ 9 and didn't get up until 11:eek: How much sleep I got? I dunno. I suspect that I got an hour. He had a nap yesterday and he wasn't the easiet to put to bed. So your feet and legs can really work that early in the a.m....interesting...:D:D

Diana** Yeah, I should have had a chat with DH and said "Listen...." I had to go back to work so I just got the digs in wherever I could! Then when I got home from work, he went to hockey. He kept helping me in the kitchen, oh and and he called me at work to tell me that he was going to take Wed off so we could do something. Now, what I want to do and what he wants to do are to totally different things! LOL So the scale wasn't kind to you? I know that both Wendy and I weigh everyday...ha!...just incase you didn't notice! LOL Personally for me, it keeps in on track and my weight doesn't flucuate that much so it doesn't drive me insane. There are some people that retain tons for fluid from day to day so maybe getting on the scale wouldn't work for them. I guess you have to figure out what works for you.

Laura** So SIL is still tiny, is she? Then your right...she doesn't need the extra cardio, although Im willing to bet that she probably think she does. I use to aim for tons of cardio but anything pass 40 mins on the TM is fine by me. I use to have to get an hour all the time. Hope you get to see DH more then you expect. If not I can send over mine. He will just me asleep the whole time thats all:p

Jacque** Hope you had a better start to your work week then I!

Alright...goal time to get on the TM is in 14 mins...dont think I am gonna make it. Need to drink more coffee and talk less;)

Lori:)

Lori: I guess you were typing away at your post when I started composing mine and got to the "post" button before I did....witch! :p

Hello Girls.

I got up early again but I thought twice about it before my feet hit the floor. LOL I really wanted to sleep in but I talked myself out of it.....for today anyway! :p

I think I'm gonna do BBC Butt and Legs both the weights and cardio portions if I have time. Depends on when I get my arse movin' today. :rolleyes:

Lori:: I just read your DH rant from y'day. I hear ya. My DH is a sleeper too. He can't sleep in on weekdays as he has to be at work by 7 but he sure can and does on weekends! He is usually good until about 9. For the most part I don't mind it but it used to aggravate me to no end when DS was a baby. I am used to it now though and don't care all that much. Ofcourse, if I had a day like you had y'day I would certainly be ticked off too! (((hugs))) Men are kind of dumb and I don't think they realize what they are doing soemtimes and therefore do not do it intentionally. Now that you've brought it to his attn, I'm thinking your DH may try to change his ways a bit. Keep us posted!

Okay, I am sooooo not wanting to work out right but if I blow it off now it's too late to go back to sleep and I'll have gotten up BEFORE the chickens for nothing! GRRRRRRR :mad: Perhaps I should re-consider which work out I am doing and pick what appeals to me for today...regardless of what it is.

BBL!

Last edited:
Well I ended up opting for Shred level 3 this morning. Great work out! Gotta get my lunch packed and make sure the boy is ready to move it on time!

Have a great day girls!:)

Happy Tuesday ladies !

Well I was MIA due to the interview - it was 2 1/2 hours with 4 different people and I feel I am a good fit for the position. They have another interview set for next Mon but have been without a "body" for 2 months so are anxious to get it filled so the Director can get to her own work. I so know how that is since I was just on my own. We will see. I didn't mind the drive - it really flies by since I'm used to going to our other site anyway. They have a book program, similar to Netflix, where you can get "FREE", for the employees, business books on CD. That would definitely pass the time and fill my itch for learning. I am just very nervous about resigning if and when I do. I need to start getting my desk cleaned up, organized and documented.

Enough about that - I was chatting with DH until after 7 last night so no workout for me. Sunday my DS1 and family came down so no cardio like I had planned. It was fun to play with the little guys - the 2 1/2 yr old just ran lap after lap around our backyard. It was a nice sunny 67 or so and gorgeous outside. They brought their dog too so I really enjoyed it - we BBQ'd and they left early enough for us to veg out and for me to prep for y'day.

Lori - LOL (in spirit only since we all know men) about your day the other day. Sounds like he may realize it so maybe don't get too mad but try to discuss it. I always tease my DH cuz he talks about his weekend chores (an hour to mow the lawn and sometimes he cleans the bird cages). It takes me longer than that just to shop for food, come home and put it all away. Let alone the cleaning, etc. I've been jokingly putting in .02 to my DH and he is getting better. BUT, he stays in bed until at least 10 or 11 and then lazes around watching TV or playing computer until 2 or 3, that is when he showers and then plays and finally starts his chores at 4 or 5 - watching TV in between. UGH ! Ya gotta love 'em ! :p

Diana - sounds like you are having fun with your workouts. Did you get into the class you wanted to do? I ended up with sore legs y'day - love the DOMS ! I'll have to go back and see which back-to-back workouts you did to get yours so sore. Kickbox and LL ? was that the combo? Logging food again - I think I need to do it but I haven't been working too hard on getting the 'cleaner' foods in me lately.

Jen - hope your prep days find you with extra time to come play here with us. Jari seems to be popular - is Get Ripped 1000 a series or single workouts?

Wendy - kudos to you for getting up so early. You may just inspire me to start doing that again . . . :rolleyes: How is this week going at work?

Laura - sorry you don't get to see DH on the weekdays. How long will he be on that schedule? Have fun with your cardio at lunch. LOL about dreaming about Zumba !

Until later ladies . . . ;)

Hello Ladies ....

OK . . have not done the trail and power walk for a while .. YOWZA .. my shins are screaming at me today .. I forgot how it smarts when you havent done it in a while!! My buttocks are hurting from MY class .. had new music and think I got caught up in it .. yowza!! :p I did circuit class last night ..

OK all of you .. I swear I need to send my DH to ya'll for a while .. he is SO HYPER ..NEVER sleeps in .. even when we stay out late on his long weekends he is up and at 'em EARLY ... :confused: .. I am the one that would like to sleep at least till 8 or so .. him...OH NO .. Mr I cant sit still .. on his long weekends he gets up .. closes my door .. makes breakfast for us (which the smell usually wakes me up) .. I come grumbling in and he has it all fixed for me .. then it is a kiss and he is out to his shop .. :eek:... the ONLY time I have seen him sleep is when he was sick over Christmas and I have to admit it freaked me out .. I was SSOOOOOO worried about him .. these long hours .. he may get 6 hours on a good day .. he will be on them for at least another week :( .. but on the down side of Mr Hyper .. when he does sit still .. like when we watch a movie together he is out 1/2 way thru the movie .. he ends up snoring and I have to make him go to bed :confused: sooooooooooooo it is tit for tat!!! LOL

Lori .. why does it seem that when you are PMS'ing people go out of their way to PI$$ you off .. LOL .. :p .. I am PMS'ing too .. and seems everything ticks me off... but for me .. it seems people GET IN MY WAY .. turn around ..someone is in my way .. drives me nuts .. that and DROPPING things .. what is up w/that .. I drop everything when I am PMS'ing .. like part of my motor skills dont work right that week :eek:

Wendy .. 4:15 .. OMG .. I wouldnt make it ... but I usually dont get in bed till 10:30 or 11:00 .. and I am up before 6 ... but 4:15 .. oh that is when I am sleeping my best ..KUDOS to you girlie .. WOW ...

Di ..pooey on the scales .. I refuse to get on the scales until I feel this exxtra winter "fluff" .. is NOT SO EXTRA on me .. LOL

Jacque .. glad the interview went well ... do let us know when you hear soemthing .. DH said my Zumba dream came from me watching Shallow Hall this weekend ... LOL .. and that big character in the movie .. that is about the size my butt was in my dream .. HUGE!!!! :confused: he said I had lost my mind .. LOL ..

OK .. so it is misting rain out .. no trail walk unless it lets up .. so if no trail walk I am going to hit the TM at the gym .. gotta work out this soreness/pain in my shins .. YIKES!!! Tonight is plyo class or 4 step class .. depending on the depth of the soreness of my buttocks :p .. have a great one!:D

Good Afternoon Girls.

Pretty much done with my work. Asked boss what I can do and he has nothing at the moment so I figured I'd pop in and say hello.

Lori/Laura: Yeah 4:15. A little nuts right!? I know! I can actually push it a bit later but I don't want to be rushing or running late so I am getting up a bit earlier then truly needed if I can. I go to bed pretty early though. Try to be in bed by 9:30 at the latest and earlier if possible. Also, TBH, I was getting up at 5 prior to this so it's not such a big difference.

Jacque:: Good luck with the job prospect! I hope it works out for ya! Fingers are crossed! Work is going well this week so far. I have work but am not super busy either so it's nice. I am sure as time goes on I will be getting more and more to do so I am going to enjoy the slower pace for now...

Laura:: Wow your DH sounds like he keeps moving just so that he doesn't pass out! LOL I will do that if I am tired but can't or don't want to fall asleep.

Okay gotta go for now. Hope to BBL though!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.