Damage Controllers! Ready to celebrate TGIF? :)

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls. :)

My legs are STILL killin' me. Today's plan is LC #1 but I will NOT be adding any extra weight on the lower body and may just opt to leave the lower body portion of each move OUT of my work out today! :eek: I'd also like to get in some cardio. Just not sure what I will choose to do yet. Decisions decisions! :p My core is sore so I guess Chalene's Kickin' Core routine is effective! :D

Jacque: I didn't get a job offer from the office. I simply emailed them my resume for consideration yesterday afternoon. I can't call them as they did not list a phone number in the ad but I am going to send a follow up email sometime this afternoon. The position really has my interest piqued!

Jen: Thanks for the idea of what to tell the daycare. :) DH was telling me that if I really would rather look into this office position to call the daycare and tell them I'm not interested but that's not necessarily the case. I AM interested but I'd like to find out more about the office position first....Ofcourse if this office is anything like the PS office then I am wasting my time! :rolleyes: Also, the daycare hours are not what I was looking for but perhaps I should take what I can get in this economy?? I am just worried about my little guy being taken care of. Of course he is going to come first and I'd hate to get fired because of it. Thing is, I really don't want to have him hustled around between aftercare and a friend's house if I can help it. The aftercare is bothering me enough. I feel guilty for doing it. UGH! Anyway, I'd prefer a job with hours from 9am to 5pm or any where in the middle so that I can always be available to pick him up at the end of the day if need be! What should I do???? :eek: I lost sleep over this last night! :confused:

Laura: So sorry about your SIL's dad. My thoughts and prayers go out to him. Did you ask me who is Leaner Legs by!? Are you serious girl!?!? :eek::eek::eek: You should be ashamed of yourself and just for that...I'm not telling you! :p

Okay, guess that's all for now!

BBL!

Last edited:
Mornin' Girls,

I am beat this morning. Yesterday I did plyo legs with the weight vest, sweaty sweaty is all I can say. I took off for the squat thrusts and jump on the bench. Even though I wasn't wearing I ended being very light headed after that exercise. I think it must've been the up and down and lets not forget the jump onto the step. Last night at tri-training we did track running, stairs with weights, walking lunges, pushups, dips, pullups, squats w/side leg lift (no weights), abs. The class is from 8-9pm and I didn't eat dinner so I'm starving this morning. I don't want to eat until after my w/o this morning though.

Today will be some kind of cardio, non step cuz I'm feeling a little clumsy!! Probably BC/KB premix. I'm working from home today and have a dermabrasion apt this afternoon. My skin always looks so good after that. Wish I could afford to have them more often.

Last night I also signed up for a 12 week nutrition counseling at the rec ctr. It includes dietary analysis, meal planning, body composition and 4 follow up sessions. I opted to try this instead of going back to WW. WW does work for me, but they don't care about what makes up your weight, they simply care about the number on the scale. It's time for me to try something else.

Wendy-Wow, 2 job offers-that's great. Don't stress too much about it. I'm sure something will come around that will fit yours & Joey's schedule. Leaner legs is hangin' around longer than you anticipated huh;)

Laura-so sorry to hear about SIL's dad. I'm sending hugs and prayers that he is okay. A new PIA "in training", I feel for you. Fortunately we don't have anyone like that where I work. We all know our jobs and do them. A slacker wouldn't last.

Jen-I totally understand the whole work thing getting in the way of our forum time. I hate when I only get here once a day. I try to get on at night too so I can see what everyone has been up to.

Jacque-What's on your agenda today? I'm going to do the same as Laura and do the heavy leg training at the rec ctr. Plyo legs is awesome and I hope to see some good results from that kind of training.

Have a great day ladies.

Good Friday Morning Controllers!! Ohohoh....I am oh so ready to celebrate TGIF!

The nice thing about today is that my boss is in meeting all day, so I have a little freedom ;)

Wendy: Was there any indication in any of these job ads as to what the pay may be in either place? That should be a factor so you know that the sacrifices you make are worth your while. My sister works in daycare/preschool, and I think there are pros and cons. A pro is that typically they "get" that moms have to be there for their own children when they're sick and stuff, a con is that daycare hours can be very demanding. Not only will you be there until six every day, but you will likely be asked to come in earlier often when others call in. Just something to think about. It's a very demanding profession from what I can see, so make sure the money is worth it!

So I started week 3 of the Burn Phase today with Burn Circuit 1. It's a great workout. She sure packs a lot into 35 minutes. Hopefully the weather is good enough for a walk at lunch.

Will bbl to see who's around today~

Jen

Hi Diana, we were posting at the same time!

Can I just say that your rec center sounds awesome! It seems like it's always offering great stuff. Good luck with that nutrition program. We'll be eager to hear about what you learn.

Now, re: your workout yesterday. I've decided that you must be nearly insane :eek: OMG, plyo legs with a vest AND tri-training??? You are NUTS, girl...and I say that with sheer admiration :D Great job!

Jen

TGIF .. WOOHOOO ... I am here early today :D

Thanks for the hugs and thoughts and prayers for SIL dad .. we got good news last night .. thought it was a gallbalder attack .. unresponsive was as in "couldnt talk respond" .. not as in heart stopped beating ... thank God! But this morniing .. they are moving him to ICU .. the gall bladder test came back negative .. now he has fever, chills, severly dehydrated, pain in abdomen and back, blood in urine and kidney function decreased .. I swear I bet he has a kidney stone lodged ... DH said it last night .. that he bet it was a lodged kidney stone .. b/c the symptoms he has last night was like me when I am fighting a stone ... makes sense .. I told SIL to get them to x-ray or ultra sound the kidney just in case .. b/c he has ALL the symptoms of a lodged stone!!! I just pray he is ok .. SIL and DB on way now .. so I have to arrange to pick up DN this afternoon ... guess I will have to bring him back here pick up at 3 and i have to work till 5 .. I will be like rest of moms that get in a tight w/the kids :)

Well I worked the CRAP outta my legs ystdy .. heavy weight in gym .. then Plyo/4 step/pushup/plank/torture last night .. wooooo they were on FIRE!!!! had 2 new students .. they really struggled w/last night's class .. know they are hurting today!!

Wendy ... good luck on the job front ..buy a little time sounds like a good suggestion .. HEY .. what do you mean you are not telling me who does Lean Legs .. OK . . my blonde hair is showing thru .. gotta be Cathe ... or Charlene ...

Jen .. work cuts into my posting too .. seems like we could do something about that huh??? LOL :p Hoping your weather cooperates for ya for lunch walk .. it is MUGGY hot here .. high in upper 80's again .. :confused:

Di .. good luck w/the nutrition class .. ITA about WW .. it is a great program .. BUT it doesnt take into consideration those people like you who exercise HEAVILY .. nor does it take into consideration your BMI or body composition ... to me the scale is not a good measurment for fitness or health if you are a heavy exerciser .. it just gives you a guideline/baseline to go by !!

Jacque .. PIA and PIA in training are BOTH here today .. i about fell out .. I came in fully expecting the typical NO SHOW from them .. but man was I surprised!!! think PIA must have looked at her benefit time .. she has BURNED thru it this year!!

Lori .. hoping all is well w/you .. TGIF!

OK .. I have gone on long enough ..better get back to work ...I got a good jump on the back log yesterday .. although it did give me a headache w/all that paperwork!!! Oh well .. have a great one .. I will try to BBL to check in w/all of you girlies!! :D

Hi Girls.

I ended up deciding to take Centergy class this morning at the last minute. That being said either LC #1 or cardio is going to have to wait one more day. I can squeeze one in today but not both. Me thinks LC #1 will wait. I am more in the mood for cardio right now. I think I'll do the cardio off the Deluxe dvd since I haven't tried that one yet! :D

So I have decided, after talking to many people, that I will call the daycare center and tell the guy the truth. I need a job that runs no later then 5pm so that I can be there for son when needed. Take it or leave it. Now I just need to work up the nerve to make the call. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I'm allowed to turn down a job offer if it doesn't work for me right? :confused:

I'm sorry but I don't have time for personals. If I want to work out I have to do it PRONTO! Gotta leave to pick DS up from school in an hour and then bolt to the foodstore with him really quickly so that we don't starve over the weekend! LOL

Heading up to BF's house tonight for a girly thing. Dinner, drinks, much BS'ing and lots and lots of laughing no doubt. I am looking forward to it soooo very much! I'll be staying over and we will go shopping in the morning before I head home. That being said you may not hear from me again until tmrw afternoon some time.

Have a great one girls!:D

Quick post before heading out the door for the evening to let you know that I did the Deluxe cardio CLX work out and it ROCKED!!! Tougher then the original!! :D

Gotta go!

Have a great one!

Hola chicas !

Well YES I'M READY TO CELEBRATE ! ! ! :p

Didn't post this AM as I wanted to get to work early to get out early. Have a long TO DO list for after work. Run by Costco (quickie trip-champagne, baby bella cheeses, crackers, strawberries, chocolate - for the weekend ! :D ), workout, mow lawn for DH since it's his BDay and we'll be gone this weekend, laundry, possibly wash the dog, water plants so they don't die while I'm gone, etc. Not sure how much I'll get done, but it could be a great challenge ! :eek:

Wendy - ohh, guess I misread - thought you had a job offer. Lots of good suggestions for day care and questions. Now about the losing sleep - don't worry, you will make the best decision for you and your family - you know you have a good head on those strong, "Cathe/Chalene shoulders" of yours ! ;) Well you have a great time tonight and I'll have a great time tomorrow night, deal ! :p We can toast each other but it will be 24 hours apart, LOL !

Diana - I need to get my 6 workouts in one of these weeks. I have only done Plyo Legs once, when we had a rest week so didn't use weights. I like the vest idea as I loved the workout. Need to see what the others are like too ! Yes, please share how your nutrition counseling goes - inquiring minds want to know. I am still up a doggone 5 lbs and near what I was when I was a chunky girl in high school. Don't look quite like that, but the weight is there. The drag is I ate junk in school and now I hardly eat any - I was in sports year round in school so did get some good calorie burns - just not much weight training. Hope you get to feeling a bit more energetic here soon - are you wearing yourself out with too much working out? But then again, you only have one week of STS to do right? Then you can take it a bit easier for a rest week? Hope you have an enjoyable weekend planned.

Jen - well I don't have a boss here today at all, but have a report he is chomping at the bit for and the need to work on a major issue that will mean I have to learn about Facilitating ! :confused: I am anxious to do it, but want to make sure I am successful - we have a couple of feuding locations - hoping setting up some processes will give them less to argue and criticize about.

You are doing CLX like Wendy, right? How are you liking it for your first long rotation back into fitness?

Laura - Well woo hoo you didn't end up with all the work today ! That should start your weekend off right, huh? :D Sounds like good news about SIL's dad - hope all keeps going in a good direction for them. LOL about Leaner Legs - it is a great workout ! Hint: not a blonde instructor.

OK -lunch is over - time to finish a couple things before the WEEKEND IS HERE ! ! !

Afternoon Gilrs,

Called DS and talked to baby Rylee-she said "Hi G'amma" loudly I might add and made my day:D

Ended up doing KB/BC cardio premix. It really gets the heart pumpin'. Followed that up with coremax 3 which I haven't done in eons.
I've been really slacking on the ab work, when I'm short on time it's the first to go.

Just got back from my microderm and my face is still a little pink. It will look beautiful tomorrow I'm sure. She used a bit of the "red light" around my eyes to minimize wrinkles and lighten up the area and the "blue light" a bit on my acne prone areas.

Laura-that's good news about SIL's Dad. Of course there is obviously some concern if he's in ICU. Hope they determine the problem and get him feeling better soon. Leg day is a real burner, but my legs really respond to heavy lifting. I just need to make sure I get in plenty of cardio too.

Wendy-In most cases the truth is best anyway. Is there anyway Joey could be at the daycare with you or his he still in school when they want you to start? Remember, they need you so you it's your decision whether you take the job or not. If you were in dire straits the circumstances may be different. Have a great weekend and girl's night, sounds like a lot of fun.

Jacque-wow, you have a very busy day. Good luck getting everything done. Hope you and DH have a wonderful Birthday weekend. It's nice to get away if only for a few days. Well I carry about 25 pounds of extra fluff and would like to get rid of it permanently. Fortunately I'm not a small person so I can kinda get away with the extra weight but it really bothers me. Gotta good laugh from your comment to Laura.

Jen-I'm no superwoman but I do my best. Besides, I get my ideas from Wendy!! She uses the vest for the lowmax blasts! She's the crazy one!! I am fortunate, the rec ctr is only a mile away and has all kinds of offerings all the time. I paid $300 for a yearly membership and can go to all the standard fitness classes for free as well use any of the equipment, gym, track, pool etc. I do pay extra for bootcamp, tri-training, special classes but even then I get a discount for being an annual pass holder. My company pays for my membership at the rec ctr accross from work. I guess I pay a bit of the cost, $15 per month deduction out of my paycheck. It's worth it to me.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.