Damage Controllers it's Tuesday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

I'm feeling a leetle DOMS from Ripped. :D I think today will be a short cardio of some sort. No more then 30 minutes.

Jen: How could you not FEEL IT during Burn Intervals!? :eek: You are my hero! :) PB cup brownies!? That should be ILLEGAL! :p

Laura: I hear you on the drastic temp changes! It was very chilly around here y'day too! I took DS to the park. I was basically wearing sweat pants and a hoodie and I was chilly. Then in the evening I took him out in the yard to play for a bit and I had to put on coat on OVER the hoodie to stay warm. WTH!?!?

Diana: Nixxing the kettlebell idea post STS? I wanna do it ALL! LOL Glad you got alot accomplished on Sunday despite your misgivings. That always feels good. Sorry about the weight gain. I know how you feel. I am still not at my goal (my weight from before I started getting out of control last summer) after all of this time spent trying but I have finally gotten back down to something I can live with. You will be able to do it too!

Jacque: Glad you were able to have a good time with DH despite the issues you had to deal with. I am going to be soooo nervous when I have to go in for that interview for the office job. I have never really applied for a job out of the paper where I knew NO ONE. :eek: Well, accept for my current job which doesn't count. I wasn't even interviewed. I filled out an app and was called and told when I would start. LOL All of my previous jobs were referrals by someone I already knew who worked for the same company or knew someone in the company.

BBL!

Last edited:
Good Morning!:)

O.k....I have to start getting better at checking in;) For some reason, ever since we came back from holidays I am having trouble finding the time to check in...which is totally weird for me.:confused: Im also having trouble fitting my weight workouts in!:mad:

Im starting to feel better but I know I am going to have good days and bad days for the next little while. We went to a friends cabin on Sun night for the night, so that night was good cause the dogs wouldn't have been there anyway. Everytime I go out into the garage though I want to throw up:eek:

I managed to do a 50 mins run yesterday and STS disc 4. Im going for another run later today but first, we have this ceremony to go to. My BIL is in the military and he is getting promoted. His boss his leaving and he is taking his position. They have this big change of command ceremony, tonight we have dinner and then on sat night they are having a big ripper:eek:

We also showed our house yesterday and the people who looked at it are coming back for another look today:eek: Can you imagine if they put in an offer? We don't even know where we are going! LOL

Wendy** Good job with the DOMS! I am wondering if I will have any today.

I will try to come back later but it may be tough with the day I have going on. I may have time to check in after my run!

BBL!
Lori:)

Lori: Didn't know you were considering moving. You haven't even been in this house very long. This is the one you bought brand new, right? Why do you want to move? It takes time and time is the only thing that helps when it comes to losing a pet. It will get better. (((HUGS))) After I put my dog down several years ago I swear I heard him barking every time I would get home and go to unlock the door to go inside. I "heard" this for a while. It eventually faded as did the sadness. I still get weepy if I think about him but him it's not painful like it was. You'll be fine!

Ugh, I am starting to feel like dog doo again. :( I took sinus medication not too long ago. I am hoping it will help. I am going to take my temp in a few minutes. If I am running a fever I think I will call out of work and get to the doc. I can't take much more of this! :eek:

Finally, after a week of indecision I pressed the "check out" button at Amazon. I purchased 3 Jillian work outs with some of the money DH gave me to shop with for my B'day.

Over the weekend I pulled out a stack of DVDs I don't use from my collection. I need to get them up on amazon or ebay soon. Gotta make room for the new stuff! ;) PM me if any of you would like to look over the list before I get rid of them. I'm sure we can strike up a deal if there is anything any of you would like. :) BTW, none of them are Cathe work outs...just so you know.

BBL.

Wendy** It really took you THAT long to buy those workouts? LOL I thought I was bad! haha! We are thinking about selling our house b/c we could make quiet a bit of money by selling and building again. We could sell this one on the $300 range and build another one in the $200 range:) Alot of our friends have done this, if you keep paying your profit on your morgage, eventually, you won't have a morgage. The people that are looking at it today have a peice of land that they wanted to build on.They are military though so I guess they have decided to buy and not build. There is a lot of hassle that comes with building so I can only imagine doing it if you don't even live here! So the peice of land that they have will be up for grabs....ya never know. They are looking at 3 houses today for the 2nd time so I guess we have a 1/3 chance that we will be homeless today;)
As for the dog...yes, it will take some getting use to. Actually, the younger dog isn't as bad as I remembered! LOL We thought he was sooo bad....but he was a pup, which explains alot! Now that he is older, he is very calm and well behaved. Maybe Chico had a chat with him before he passed away:(

Must get ready for my run. They are showing the house at 1 and its 12:30 now

Lori:)

Hi ladies,

Another busy day. I ended up doing an hour of absolute kickbox this morning with combat interval (kimberly spreen). The whole w/o is 95 minutes but I did the cardio and intervals I wanted to. Will be rushing around tonight to get to Jerod's game at 5pm. Jerod will be rushing to get home from school so DH can get him to his game by 5:30.

I can't tell you what a relief it is knowing that the insurance company is paying for our new roof! We'll have more information on when it will be done, but it should be completed within 2-3 weeks. Once they get the materials it only takes 3-4 days. Hopefully they'll be doing it during the week so we won't be home!

Wendy-Nice DOMs even it is from Ripped!:) No, haven't given up the idea of bells, just need to make sure I have plenty of cardio. One my kb w/o's is intervals and it was hard...hard for me. Can't remember which one it is though.

Lori-nice to see you back in the thread. I know it's been a tough week for you. We have some friends that buy a house, live in it for 5 years, sell at a profit and do it again. I guess that would be one way to keep clutter to a minimum! So far they've done it to move up to a more expensive homes/areas. I wouldn't mind too much as long as we stayed in the same school area. I never went to the same school twice until middle school and I wouldn't want to do that to my kids.

bbl to see what the rest of the gang is up to!

Hello Ladies ... WOW what a day .. another hectic one. Ystdy: power walk at lunch and last night was a circuit class w/emphasis on cardio .. my poor DOMing arms made it through :confused: today they are STILL DOMING :confused::confused: .. but fit in the power walk at lunch .. and gonna do a mish mosh class of 3 step/4 step/plyo floor and step/LB shaping/bands/core :D .. I have it worked out what I want to do maybe it will fit together nicely!!

Wendy .. good luck on the call in for interview .. it was 50 this morning .. really chilly.. the walk at lunch was cool but nice .. but the winds are howling around 25 - 30 mph .. :eek:.. at one point it was blowing so hard felt like we were walking up hill .. yes my hair looks just lovely after that .. LOL!!! :p

Jen .. funny how "warped" minds seem to hang together huh?? SIL is warperd too ... think I have created a monster in her!! :confused:

Di .. congrats on the insurance doing what it is supposed to .. they erk me ..you pay out the arse for it and they want to question things when you NEED them to do what you have been paying for .. hope it all works out fine for you (and your roof) WOAH .. 95 min w/o .. think you made up for the eats downfall this past weekend .. WTG girl!!

Lori .. still sending {{ hugs }} to you .. it breaks my heart to think of the loss of one of my babies .. and it breaks my heart to imagine how you are feeling!! Hang in there .. and selling the house?? WOW .. is finding some othe place to live a hard thing where you are .. I would be panicking if it were here .. especially having animals .. can imagine that is adding some stress for you too ... sending calm healing vibes your way babe!!!

OK .. gotta get back .. boss keeps adding to my overflowing inbox .. and as I work my arse off PIA is sitting over there GOOFING OFF .. working on her kids ball game stuff :mad: has it only been TWO or THREE DAYS since she has been here???? cant be .. seems like it has been forever .. {sigh} :confused:

Have a great one :D

No temp but felt awful all morning at work and beyond. I ended up going to the local EMO when DH got home at 4pm. I have a sinus infection. I've never had one before and I don't want one again! OUCH!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

No work outs for me until I am really feeling better so maybe Thursday....

BBL for personals if I feel up to it. If not I'll be back in the morning-I usually feel okay at that time.

Back to the couch with me.
Have a great night!

< < < Raises hand - yep, late again ! :confused: > > >

Got some good things done at work but that caused me to miss my girlies here ! :(

Well back is not too bad so I'm just about ready to finish last week's Bi/tri/shoulder (week 2). Hoping I can power through this week's weights, but planning on going to a meeting after work tomorrow so not quite sure if I will catch up or not. Had enough rest days lately so perhaps will workout right through the long weekend ! Woo Hoo, Monday OFF ! :p

Wendy - UGH girl - sinus infections are the worstest ! Only had two myself, but dang do they hurt. The pills should take care of it pretty quickly.
Check your PM's.

Lori - Well good to see ya getting more consistent ! ;) Wow, selling and building but not sure where? Does DH do the work himself or do you hire it all out? I'd love to do it, but we are city folk and land around here in CA is way too expensive ! Heck, our house dropped about $300K this past year. :eek: Eventually it'll go back up. It is large enough for me and I don't want more to clean ! I'd rather workout ya know?

Diana - Way to go on the squats y'day - you made it back to 115 pretty quickly ! Nice workout today too ! Good to hear the insurance is being cooperative - hope the color works out OK. Maybe they'll be doing your roof while you are in OR?

Laura - Hide your "in basket" silly girl ! :D Glad your workouts have been going well and giving you long lasting DOMS. Makes it worth it as long as you don't need to dry your hair too many times, yes?

Jen - I guess I missed the PB cup brownies - what exactly are those ? I need to make something for a BBQ @ work on Friday . . . Hmmmmmm . . . Hope you "feel" your workout next time, Ha !

Okie dokie - need to jam - we have to vote later tonight too !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.