Damage Controllers chillin' out Sunday

angie_nrs

Cathlete
Happy java mornin' to ya'll.:D

So yesterday I finally decided on HST. I've only done that w/o a couple of times since I bought it at the RT. OUCHIE!! I had to drop the weight during those 4 sets of 15 low pulse squats.:eek: What was she thinking??? I also copped out of some of the uneven pushups.:confused: I obviously forgot how HARD that workout is. But....today is REST day!:D Plus, it's free Starz and HBO weeked on direct TV. I will probably keep my butt planted on the couch for most of the day. Blades of Glory is on at 11....big plans huh?:p

Wendy - Hope you are feeling spry this morning. I'll bet you had a blast last night. Is today rest day for you?

Diana - Isn't it great crossing that stuff off the list. I have a list today but I've had it for a week now. However, I plan on getting it all done today since I crossed off a couple of things yesterday. Thankfully it's not a HUGE list.

Lori - I don't mind the personal tax stuff since we generally get a refund. It's the company stuff I don't like to do b/c the time line is much shorter and it's more complicated.:confused: I don't like it b/c I like to know exactly where all the numbers are coming from and I just can't keep up with all of them on the corporate tax stuff. I guess that's why I hire an accountant, but it still bugs me.
Congrats on getting your travel plans taken care of. It can sure be a pain sometimes, but now you can relax and look forward to some fun. We just got passports a few months ago and the process is really easy. I was surprised how quickly we got them back. Of coarse, there is a $100 fee for each passport.:(

Jacque - I didn't end up watching the game last night. Who won?

Hi to the rest of you girls.

BBL

Angie

Good Afternoon Ladies:)

Im not sure if today will be a rest day or not. Im wondering if its to cold to take DS outside in his slide for 30 mins or so. I have to keep in mind that he is just sitting there while I am doing all the work, so he will find it colder then I do. Not to mention that I don't even know if he will just sit there...he will probably try to climb out....and then is it even worth the effort of getting all dressed up! BUT if we stay in the house we may go stir crazy!:eek:

Angie** I think passports are about $80 here, unless they went up since we had them done 5 yrs ago. My parent only applied for theirs a couple of weeks ago and have them back already. They are going on a cruise in April. First time they have ever really been anywhere. Big step for my father, he as only been on a plane once, I think:eek: Good job with HST! I find HSC a little harder cause she moves SOOOOOOOOOO fast! I usually add in some TM runs...maybe thats what I will do today if I decide to workout! LOL

Have a good day everyone!

BBL!
Lori:)

Good morning ladies !

Getting around late today as it was a late night - when we first started going to the games we got tired of sitting in the parking garage waiting to get out (at least 20 - 30 mins) so ended up finding a restaurant with a bar so we'd have a "night cap" while everyone else cleared the garage. Now we are buddies with the bartender and he stays open just for us. :p He's so nice and fun to talk with. BUT, we don't get home until 12:30 or so and it just makes me drag in the AM.

Another confession: I ordered Venuto's book twice ! :eek: (Guess the Friday before last was a bad day cuz I don't remember that order at all!). Anyone interested? I'd rather give it to one of you than donate to someone who won't use it. Just let me know. And I just skimmed the eating portion because I have to do something to get this 5 lbs off that has planted itself all over me just since the beginning of the year! Last night's dinner (I wanted to go to Chili's where they have great lo cal/carb dinners) turned out to be a mexican restaurant and I don't have the will power not to eat tortilla chips ! :eek: :rolleyes:

Sorry about the chattiness, but I am getting to the point that I haven't worked out yet but think an HIIT on the TM may be a good one for the day. DH is off to seek out Hot Wheels about 45 minutes from here and I am planning on getting more done on the house today. Need to fit the HIIT in there somewhere.

Angie - it was a super game last night and though we won, 6 - 5, it was nothing less than a playoff style game. Hits, shots, steals, goals, saves . . . So very exciting right down to the very end when Red Wings scored with 3 min left and kept Osgood out the remainder of the game.

HST is not in my collection, but it made me think of Cathe and some of her other low and slow lunges for multiple sets. Sometimes I have to find something to help get myself back to a standing position or just drop to one knee and pull myself back up cuz the old quads just won't do their job ! ;) And I think Cathe is a push up machine which I will never be able to match !
Glad you had a great workout !

Diana - Good for you checking off your list. Sounds like Jerod's game was a good one. Dontcha wish you were going with DS? It is sooooo hard to have the grandbabies far away, huh? I know I should do better since mine is only just over 1 1/2 hours away, but it is so hard for me to keep everything together when I take an entire day off. I am doing well to get up there or see them once a month. But in May there will be two ! I must get myself more organized !

LOL ! At the restaurant last night there were two couples from Colorado who stopped by our table to ask if the Sharks were going to win (we wear jerseys so it was obvious we were going to the game). I said "Of Course" (secretly crossing my fingers under the table 'cuz I wasn't really that convinced :rolleyes:) but DH says "They are going to beat the Avalanche too !". I thought of you and smiled.

Lori - Great ! You have your vacation all taken care of. Sounds like it will be a very fun time for all of you. I had to think twice when you said you needed passports. I was thinking, I thought she is going to FL, what would she need passports for that for? Then remembered you are not a "local". :p
So are they required to cross the border by car, or only by air?

Nice job on the workout this AM. LOL at your reasoning for stopping - you are definitely another energizer bunny on legs around here !

Hey there Laura - Shirl (whereever you are these days) - Jen ! how is the exercising going? - and lastly our long lost Sunny. (Wendy have you heard from here lately?)

OK - that's plenty for me here - can you tell I am procrastinating ? ? ? :eek:

Last edited:
Hey Ladies,

Jerod had a friend spend the night last night and DH was up with them playing rock band 2 forever. I didn't get to bed until late and slept in until 9am. Then I went and picked up some ski bibs from BIL for Jerod to wear tubing tomorrow. Wouldn't you know, when I got home they were all playing rock band 2 again. Thankfully, his friend just left and the house is quiet.

I haven't worked out yet, but I will. I'm not sure what's on the rotation but I think it's burn circuit 3. I want to add in some cardio and am trying to pick a fun step workout.

Angie-Nice job with HST. I love all the leg presses in that w/o, and low slo pulses are killer aren't they:eek: It sounds like STS will be shipping out the end of the month. I didn't preorder right away but I'm quessing I should have mine by mid Feb. I didn't realize Cathe was going to do the rotation too.

Lori-Did you and DH get outside for a bit. I remember going stir crazy being stuck in the house with 3 rambunctious boys.

Jacque-DH said to bet you 30 pushups the Avs will beat the Sharks. Now I'm not sure If I have to do the pushups or if he will if we do lose. I should probably clarify that! What a way for you to increase your pushup endurance though!;):D.

I'm off to start some laundry and get the house picked up a bit.

Diana - ROFLMAO ! But it wasn't me who said it so . . . maybe we should put that bet out to the DH's? :p You will have home ice advantage and that helps alot !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.