Damage Control'in on a Insanly snotty nosed Hump Day!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Snotty noses all around:p I was just starting the thread when DS sneezed and of course...needed his nose wiped...hinch the thread title!

My UB is sore from yesterdays workout. I knew it would be. I love doing the older workouts cause I know that they get in there gooooood!

Todays workout is a run with my running partner and then I will probably do PH LB work. Its not suppose to get very warm today but hopefully it will warm up enough that DS won't be sitting in the stroller. And I have a funny feeling that Insanity will show up today....or perhaps thats just wishful thinking!:eek:

Im going to catch up on yesterdays thread...then I will return!

Lori:)

Oh my...potty training is soooo much fun!:rolleyes: We are kinda playing around with it in the a.m when we are home but I think I really need to stay home for a few days so he can really get the hang of it. So I started post again but I had to clean the pee on the floor first but when I took him to the washroom he pooped...so its all good!;)

Wendy** I think I have decided to take the course. Its not that much money so if I don't get anything out of it, I guess I would have learned something for myself. DH and I were talking about it last night and he thinks I should do it. Im just a little concerned about how much studying there actually is. One good thing is I have such a laid back job that I could read a ton of material there...especailly on my night shifts and weekend shifts. So just before we went to sleep last night DH said he would pay for my tution...Im not sure how big his slush fund is. Thats or seperate money!:confused: I just started my little pot but I will pass him in no time. I am taking all of my callouts and putting it into my own little bank act!

Jen** I know...stupid mail! Ive never really had this problem before. I don't think BB knew where they were sending this parcel and how far away I actually am. If I didn't ask for xpress postage (which apparently I didn't get anyway) I wouldn't have expected it until now anyway.

Jacque** Good job getting that workout in yesterday!!

Laura and Diana...what are your plans for today??

Thats it for me. I really don't have much on the go today...thank goodness! This afternoon should be pretty low key. I usually find the afternoons a little boring. But I do have a card game to go to tonight. Should be fun!

BBL!
Lori:)

Good morning girls!

Jacque: Yup, looks like I did the wrong workout this morning :rolleyes: Wish I had seen your post last night. I have a white board I'm using to tick off the days and I had written CR in for today by mistake. Looks like I'll be doing PCC tomorrow now. It's probably a good thing, though, because I'm having this nagging pain on the top right hand side of my left foot, almost like a tendonitis thing, and I think it might be yelling for a rest. I'm missing my endorphin rush though!

Lori: My DD woke up with a clogged nose this morning, too! And a cough :confused: They've only been back to school for two weeks and she's sick already :rolleyes: Ugh, I hate the school year sometimes!

So, as I said, I screwed up and did CR this morning instead of PCC, but oh well, I'll make up for it tomorrow. Shoulders on tap for tonight.

Hello to everyone else! Will bbl ~

Jen

Morning girlies !

Tonight is a scrimmage type game with the Sharks so not sure if/when I'll get my workout in as I'm heading for work early and will probably just stay there through my lunch hour to "put my time" in. We'll see how motivated I am ! :rolleyes:

Lori - sounds like you're having a "mommy" kinda morning early today. Hope the Ptraining goes well. I just waited for mine to be ready on their own and had very few accidents to clean up. The boys were well over 2 yrs and DD was close to it. Course I had all 3 within 4 years so it was loads of diapers - 2 at a time for a while so just part of life back then. Heck - my first two were in cloth which I washed myself. Did not have to work outside the home though so had the time for it . . . nope, never bored and there was no internet back in those days ! :eek: :rolleyes: Yippee for the DOMS in the UB - hope you don't get 'em too bad in the LB or running won't be quite as easy !

Jen - LOL but sounds like you needed a less strenuous workout today. Do you think your foot issue is Insanity related? My calves are always tight now and my hamstrings have been sore since day 1. I am getting better stretches though so guess that is a good thing. Bummer about DD. My kids were lucky and were hardly ever sick.

Hey Wendy (wondering where you are?), Diana & Laura. Hope the day goes well for you.

May not be back much today depending on my schedule. Toodles !

Morning Ladies .. DOMS all around ..

sooooooo 4 step plyo kicked my arse!!!! :D my chest, core, and quads are all DOMing this morning!!! Gotta tell ya'll .. I had this young guy come into class .. he MAY have been 19 or 20 . . in shape ... playing ball .. wanted to get some "cardio" in .. he came up to me and asked if he would sweat in my class :p:p:p I just grinned said "well .. I sweat in my class .. so ya . . thinking you should sweat some.. try it" :eek: :rolleyes: bless his heart!!! he followed good ... and was athletic but by the first circuit of plyo's on the step combined w/the weighted LB work, pushups and core he was DRIPPING and gasping for air .. his poor little face turned different shades ranging from blood red .. to stark white .. he was right behind me and while we were doing plank runs (and he was leaned over the step gasping for air) he said ..."OMG you are killling me and ya'll arent even sweating .. my legs are done" I asked him (while doing the runs) if he had worked his legs he said no .. but he played ball Sun and he guessed they were tired from that .... awwwww bless his heart! .. long story short .. after class .. he said he was dead tired ...he said: "I mean I thought it may be hard ..but I am DEAD .. this is harder than anything I could have imagined '.he said he would "be better prepared" next class THUR .. which is 60 min. PLYO class :eek::eek::eek: .. SIL called me on way home ROLLING laughing ... she said in between her laughter "you kicked that kids @$$" .. :p {insert evil grin} but it DID make this 42 (almost 43) year old woman feel good :p:D

Anywho .. SIL gets off early today .. I have GOT to have a pedicure .. OMG .. my feet have been neglected .. we are going to Biloxi for my B-day this weekend .. so I am gonna spiff up and treat the old battered feet b-4 we go .. then this afternoon .. no class going home and tackling PC and Cardio ABS ... not that the abs need anything after yesterday .. YOWZA!

Lori ..oooohhh potti training .. FUN .. ask Miss Wendy about it .. LOL ... it probably would help being home a few days in a row ... good luck w/it .. that is CRAZY about your postal NON service .. YIKES .. IA w/Jacque .. i wont be fussing about the USPS anymore!!

Jen .. hope you dont have tendonitis .. INSANITY is RUFF on your feet, ankles, and calves .. YOWZA!!! I finally got me some new shoes .. and last nights plyo class it REALLY helped ..lots of cushioning!!! :)

Jacque .. hope the Sharks do good!!!

Wendy ... hoping you wake up this morning w/no signs of the snotty nose - mucus -sore throat bug ..

Di ..what is on tap for you??

Think my INSANITY schedule is gonna be all screwed up .. gonna have to do the workouts when I can .. this weekend will be a total loss .. gambling and drinking and eating ... but FUN! the next week we are trying to plan a fishing trip .. have sneaking suspicion DH adn VBF trying to plan a sneaky b-day surprise for me though for next weekend :cool: so gonna just have to play it by ear .. fit in INSANITY where I can .. then my schedule should calm down a bit just in time b-4 the holidays!! :confused: then SHOCK CARDIO should be arriving :confused::confused::confused: if I know Cathe she has been looking into the INSANITY craze and making adjustments to make hers HARDER :confused::D she is just as demented as all of us :p OK .. I have rambled long enough .. have a great one

Hi Ladies,

I'm working from home today and am able to a lot of work done..no interruptions here. Also, DS2 doesn't have school today so may entice him to clean the house for me.:D Wish me luck. I lent him $30 which he hasn't paid back and I also bought him a cell phone. With our service, we got the phone for $80 and it also has a $50 rebate. I'm sending the rebate today. He said he would pay the $30 for the phone.

This morning was PCC, they are all similar and I can't keep them straight. This one was a toughie for me this morning. I drank too much coffee before starting it and had to take 2 pee breaks....can't do all that jumping with a full bladder! I'm thinking of just working on the level 1 drills separately from the w/o. I really struggle with them. OH-I said to DH this morning "I hope I'm getting something other than tired out of these Insanity w/o's". He just laughed!

DH and I picked up my car last night and stopped at Bar & Grill for dinner-while Jerod was at football practice. I'm not much of a drinker but did have 1 bud light and a club sandwich. As I was logging my food into the WW site, a club sandwich is 15 pts. To put things in perspective, I get 19 pts per day. Thankfully I had all my flex pts available. Not sure what the weigh in will show tomorrow. I will eat good all day today and tomorrow.

Lori-wow, you still haven't rec'd your insanity shipment. At least it sounds like the post office knows there's a problem. Good luck with the pt. I don't miss those days. Some time this week I need to fit in an UB w/o, just not sure when.

Jen-no worries on rearranging the w/o's. I never know what's on tap since my calendar and w/o are in the basement. It's a surprise everyday...except I try to keep my eye on the PC days.

Jacque-have fun at the scrimmage tonight. I'm pretty sad about Joey retiring, he's done a lot for the AVS. I'm hoping to get tickets to the game where the AVS retire his number 19 Jersey.

Laura-Awesome job kicking that young guys behind! Plyo work is so different from a steady state workout. I know many men that think step and cardio classes that women go to are easy. Funny thing is, they probably couldn't hack it. He did a nice job stickin' it out...and to know he's coming back for more! I know these Insanity w/o are kickin' my butt!

Wendy-You must be working today since we haven't heard from you. Or else you've dropped from some Insanity w/o....:eek:

bbl

Hey Ladies. I'm here! :)

Truth be told I nixxed Insanity this afternoon. :eek: When I got home, I ate lunch and was chatting via text msg and on fb with 2 different people. Before I knew it it was almost 1pm! :eek: I was too sleepy to do PC & CA with out a cat nap but wldn't have time for it if I did nap so I changed it up a bit. I decided to take the 15 min cat nap to wake up a bit and then did the final 2 body parts for the week which were tri's and shoulders. I did not have the time to do them ala' GS so I did them ala' 4DS using the CS&T premix and just skipping the chest exercises. Even at that, I finished just in the nick of time! Tonight is Centergy class. I will pick up tmrw with PC & CA and then Friday will be my final work out for month 1, PCC! :D

I just finished previewing Core Cardio & Balance. It's not gonna be easy but it is lower intensity cardio then the month 1 work outs and he tells you to pace yourself because it's not supposed to be as intense. Warning though...it IS mostly cardio so if anyone thought you were gonna get out of doing Shaun T. cardio for a week...it ain't gonna happen! ;):p

Well I have dishes to wash and a shower to take so I gotta be moving along for now. Sorry for the lack of personals but I'll come back a bit later on and catch up!

Hope everyone is having a great day! :D

I'm back!

So let me ask you all...when do you plan on taking your stats again (weight/measurements/etc)? I do my final work out of month 1 on Friday and then head into recovery. I was thinking of taking my stats saturday morning. I'm not waiting through the recovery week to do it.

So I'm wondering if I want to add anything to the Recovery week except a run. I am thinking I want to continue with weight work through it. Just not sure what exactly I'll do though. Feels good to be lifting heavy but I am missing SS!!! :eek: I am going to TRY and practice self restraint and not go back to it right away. I have sooo many weight training options. I need to branch out a bit! LOL

The hard part is going to be stopping myself from jumping on SS after Insanity is over with! I really want to try to complete another X rotation if I can.

Lori:: Sorry about the runny nose. I'm absolutely fine. :p So how was PH lower body today? Good luck with the PT course if you decide to go for it!!!

Jen:: So you expect us to believe that you did CR by MISTAKE, huh? Yeah right. Sure. We believe you! HAHAHAHA! :p:D Like I have room to talk after I blew off PC/CA today! ;)

Jacque:: How was the Sharks game?

Laura:: Too funny about the young guy in your class. Gotta love being able to put ppl like that in their place! :D

Diana:: LOL, no Insanity hasn't hurt me yet but the Month 2 work outs just might do it! :eek::p Wow, that club sure packed in the points, ey? I love eating out but it can be so horrible for the diet. So did you get your DS to clean house for you? We have Joey doing little things around here already. He feeds the dog and cleans up his place at the table after meals. He cleans up his toys as well. Gotta start 'em young!

Well I'm outta time! Gotta get changed and head out to class!

BBL or tmrw morning!:)

Hi Ladies,

Well I was able to get plenty done at home today, including 3 loads of laundry and cleaning 2 bathrooms. I had some issues at work that I will have to address when I'm in the office tomorrow.

Jacque-I did some analysis on my GWF stats and I burn between .9-1.2 cals per min sleeping. I reviewed a weeks worth of data, choosing different days to check so it seems pretty accurate to me. I do have nights where it looks like armband maybe lost its signal for a bit during the night.

Wendy-Nice job getting those UB w/o's in. No luck getting DS to clean today. He didn't get up til almost 1 and then left for a bit, came back and mowed the lawn and then went to work. The boys do have a chore chart and follow it pretty well. This last weekend DS2 was at an anime convention at hotel downtown, so none of his chores got done. I'm leaving him a list for tomorrow though.

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.