Damage Control - Wonderful Wednesday 4/29

irishrose

Cathlete
Good Morning Girlies!

We're a bunch of late slackers without our early bird, Wendy, here to start us off ;)

Got a "yellow" light from the doc yesterday to start weights again. I'm a little nervous about it, because he was very hesitant to say yes to it, and only did so because I begged (literally). So...I'm going to take it easy and slow. He said that if anything hurts I have to stop, and I can't do abs for at least another month.

Jacque: So sorry to hear about the back strain!! You better baby yourself a bit until it's better (let the grandkids fend for themselves ;) Kidding!). Hope you're feeling better today.

Laura: You sound absolutely swamped at work! Is there at least a light at the end of the tunnel? Hope today is going well. How's the toe healing up?

Diana: OMG, 35's? I cannot even imagine that right now. Your workouts yesterday sound killer. Good for you on your fitness purchases. They all sound like necessities to me. And yeah, I'm going back to work soon...like, Monday :(

Lori: What's on tap for you today?

Wendy: Hope you're winning BIG!

So I think I'm going to try a CLX workout today, and maybe a short run after that if I'm up for it. Unfortunately, I've been awake since 3 a.m., so there may be a nap in lieu of the run, we'll see. I'll BBL to report~

Jen

Last edited:
Hello ladies ..

thought I would post while I had time ... it is another crazy day at the asylum!!! I am in the back for another hour .. until the get the carpet laid in the cash cubicle .. then it is back up front to help out on cash .. doesnt look like I will EVER get in MY space .. and get back to normal!!! :confused:

Ysdy did fit balls in class ... you know once you go for a while and NOT do the balls then you go back and teach a ball class .. WOW .. I forgot what a burner it was .. getting in there to those tiny fibers that set you on fire .. have some nice slight doms in the inner thigh area!!!

In a funk today .. #1 b/c of PMS #2 b/c of the stress at work .. #3 I made the mistake of weighing .. :mad: .. I am UP 4 pounds :confused::(:( OMG .. it BETTER be fluid ... I have not started yet and feeling bloated so I am hoping that is it .. but I have been loosing control on the eats here lately .. not as structured as I usualy am!!! :eek: GOTTA get a handle on it!

Jen .. congrats on the semi-release from the doc .. HEY .. if he was hesitant .. MIND HIM .. dont overdo .. you have come so far and dont want or need any setbacks!!!

Di .. WTG on the 35# .. Tonight we do chest and back .. meeting SIL at the house after work .. got a nice compliment last night a student of mine asked me how me and SIL were getting our shoulders and arms so cut .. :D

Jacque .. hope the back is better .. I know how frustrating something like that is .. I have cussed my stupid toe and my stupidness to no end... %$#@%@#$%@#^:mad: .. but take it easy and listen to what your body is saying!!

Lori .. what is on tap for today???

Wendy .. hope you are "cha-chinging" a way!!!!:D

OK .. gotta run .. have a great day .. I will "try" to get back in later to see what everyone is up to .. :D

Back to report my workout: Did CLX Burn Circuit 1, OUCH, and then went out for a three mile walk/run. It was a good calorie burner on the HRM, fwiw. During Burn Circuit I burned 250 cals in 35 minutes, which includes w/u and c/d. That is pretty darn good if you ask me, considering that I'll burn 350 cals doing Power Hour, which is 60 minutes long. Just goes to show that it's all about compound moves :cool:

Laura: There is no doubt, considering all the factors you've listed, that the 4 lbs. is water retention. PMS and stress?? Forget about it. Give it a couple days and woosh, it'll be a distant memory ;) I empathize though...I hate that feeling. Hope tomorrow is a better day!

Shower Time.

Jen

Moving from pg. 2 ! ;-(

Heya ladies !

Back is feeling better today so think I'll get Disc 1 done when I get home (being careful - but shouldn't need my back for too much).

Jen - woo hoo the greenish yellowish light to start again. You have done well building slowly and "behaving" so I'm sure you'll be careful. As much as I hate it these days, I am also listening to the old body - I'd like it to last a few more years at least ! :p ITA your calorie burns sound good - compound moves really get to you. Actually even some of the STS is getting to me - UB too !

Laura - doggone it girl - hate all that stress but know exactly how you feel. Was in a funk y'day, (1st day at work after 4 days off) and thought it was just work, but wouldn't ya know it that I had a little surprise today, mid cycle even ! Now I rarely get my Aunt Flo visits anymore, but when they decide to take a trip to visit me, the hormones just seem to put me in a yucky mood. Hope AF finds you soon ! :eek: Now to get things straightened out at work. Should be soon, huh? And just what is "fit balls"?

Diana - hope your weeks slow down a bit but great job getting all your workouts in. Sounds like your last couple of days have been quite busy in the workout dept. Should help with all the extra work issues - I so need to get a workout in. I can feel the lack in adrenaline !:confused:

Wendy - sure hoping your fun time has been a blast !

Lori - how's it going for you these days?

Time for lunch now - the ol' tummy is getting a little loud . . . ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.