Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

Damage Control . . . Week of 2/20

This is a discussion on Damage Control . . . Week of 2/20 within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Just getting us started. Glorious rest day for me here!...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Cathlete
LauraR's Profile Fields

Default Damage Control . . . Week of 2/20

Just getting us started.

Glorious rest day for me here!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Cathlete

Hi Ladies,

Well, I totally ate terrible yesterday. I've haven't had much bread/carbs the last several weeks which I think is really helping the weightloss. Following WW, breads are high in points also. Breakfast was lo carb toast w/ almond butter & jelly, no lunch, cake & ice cream, 3 slices pizza and 2 pieces cinnabread. I'm definitely not stepping on the scale today!

I never did w/o yesterday...Oh I hate having a rest day on the weekend. I prefer my rest days to fall when I need to be at work early. Today will be B&B, and a cardio. I'm also going to try out the TRX I borrowed. The resistance is your own body weight and you can make exercises easier or harder based on your body positioning.

There are a bunch of boys sleeping in the basement so I can't w/o until later today.

What is everyone else up to this weekend?

bbl
Old 02-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Cathlete
LauraR's Profile Fields

Diana--It's TTOTM for me, which means major sugar cravings! I just caved and had a chocolate cupcake that the kids made y-day, along with a small latte. I don't think a cupcake has ever tasted so good!

Planning on some veggie soup for supper . . . low-cal to counterbalance the sugar-fest this afternoon!!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Cathlete
LauraR's Profile Fields

Everyone must be having busy President's Weekend getaways. Be good and and have fun! I'm headed to bed. DH is back, so it's back to running tomorrow for me. I'm eager to see how I do after several days off. I've hit some heavy cardio, but running is still different.

My goal is less the running and more the getting in shape, which is happening. So whatever happens tomorrow, I'll be good with it.

Nighty night from East Africa.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Cathlete
LauraR's Profile Fields

6:20am. Pulling on running gear but not feeling motivated.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Cathlete
LauraR's Profile Fields

Run is done. 15 minute run, 1 minute walk, 14 more minutes running.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:30 AM
Cathlete
gidget1978's Profile Fields

Good Morning

Let's just say that I feel much better then I did yesterday morning Went out with the girls and I usually know when to stop drinking and start sobering up but nope.....not Saturday night! We stayed at one of the clubs until the lights came on...and then I went to a pizza joint Got home around 3:30, woke up at 7 with a wicked headache and sick The funny part of my story was that I took a load of towels out of the dryer, threw them on the floor and that's where I got comfortable. I slept on a load of laundry for 2 hours! I was in a position where my head didn't hurt anymore. I wasn't long falling asleep last night and I am so happy to be 100% again today! So yesterday was my rest day!

We had a blast though so I don't regret it. I laughed so much! I had this one guy who wouldn't leave me alone. His pick up line was "let me cook you a meal of trout"....who says that? I told him that he needed some better lines then that. He offered to buy me a drink and I looked at my glass (which was still full) and I said "not right now, but maybe in 30 mins or so...." LOL Everywhere I looked, there he was! And he knew I was married...he didn't care. Anyway, I got lots of compliments on my arms too...and not from that guy! LOL He even said "when will I see you again"? LOL.....what a idiot!

So this is my first full week off of work! I also spoke with a girl saturday night and she has my number. She is gonna text me some time this week and we are gonna get together. I got to sleep in this morning b/c I didn't have anyone. I have someone at 11 and 1:30, and then this evening so I am gonna try to get my workout in soon. It will be a good cardio and UB. Although I should run over to my friends house and get the GS's and do those. Maybe I will wait and do UB tomorrow morning instead.

Laura** Nice run. Its been quiet around here the last 2 days. I should have checked in from work yesterday but I had to train someone plus...I took a nap! LOL

Diana** Ah...we all have days where our eating isn't the best. You just need to forget about it and move on. Sometimes its hard to get back on track but if you are following a plan it should be easier. Plus you are already seeing weightloss.

Alright...I am gonna go check in to my other thread, do a couple of things that need to be done and then I am going to start my workout!

Lori
Old 02-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Cathlete

Hi Ladies,

Well I didn't get in a w/o at all this past weekend, and ate junk. I didn't want to, but stepped on the scale and it was not nearly as bad as I thought.

This morning will be B&B, bootcamp class tonight, followed by 2 days of intense cardio before my weigh in. That along with tons of water should make a difference. Not sure how much the weight will change by Wed but will give it my best shot. Also, getting back to eating my normal foods will do a body good.

When I was out yesterday, I went to a running store and was fitted for a new pair of running shoes. They did a pressure test to see if I put weight on my feet equally and also shows your pressure points on your feet, and a treadmill test. I'll start breaking them in during bootcamp class and hope to start running a bit even if its only on the weekends.

I bought the xbox 360 and the kinect, it is a ton of fun! We played it for Jerod's party. fun fun fun....

Am I the only one who has to work today? The rest of my family will be home. TBH, I'd rather take a day off when I could have the house to myself.

LauraR-good job getting your run in this morning even though you weren't feeling it. TTOM can do that to us.

Lori-sounds like you had a fun weekend. Wow, you have a whole week off work, awesome. Does that mean you can get more training sessions in this week? It's nice to go out every now and then and just let loose.

Hi Wendy, LauraT and Jacque!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Cathlete
LauraR's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraR View Post
Everyone must be having busy President's Weekend getaways. Be good and and have fun!
Now, Lori, I told everyone to be good AND have fun. Sounds like you did only the fun part!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Cathlete

Default MONDAY .. ugh

Hello Ladies!!!!

I took a REST weekend but it was AWESOME .. got a TON of stuff done ... yardmax, cleanmax, doggie bathmax, and then got my exercise clothes cleaned out and organize .. giving my smaller tops to SIL .. got to go on the creek and do some catfishing .. and got to spend quality time w/DH just a FUN weekend! Today it is back to business!!!

LauraR - imagine 7 weeks is not long to get things together for a trip like you have upcoming!!! good job on the run!!!

Lori - OMG .. I bout spit out my water when I read about you laying on the laundry .. LOL .. i did that one time after about 14 hours at sea and CABS flowing freely .. came in hugged up on my furbabbies and made myself right at home in their doggie bed

Wendy - sending winning vibes for you!!!!! hope you are having fuN!!

Di - NOPE I am working today too . . I am starting my CLEAN eating spree today .. we will see how long it lasts ... LOL

Hello to my long lost friend Jacque ...

OK .. better jet - did a power walk at lunch - so far eats are good .. not enough calories though .. gotta go to grocery store on break .. or I wont make it thru class tonight .. which is either going to be a circuit class .. or mish mosh class ...have a great one!