Damage Control...Wednesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls!

Today will be Push Circuit 1 (final week of PUSH!) w/cardio intervals and then Centergy class tonight.

I jumped on the scale this morning and it seems I've lost 1.5 pounds in the first 2 weeks of calorie staggering. I'll take it! :) I did not reduce my cals by the full 500 though. I am at about 400 and it's working so I'm leaving it that way. Besides, 100+ cals is my evening snack! I can't survive with out that most nights! :eek: :p

Jen: Sorry about your internet woes. I hope you are up and running today!!!

Jacque: The push up talk in STS is SCARING me!!!! :eek: Good job upping the bench press weight. I have noticed in CLX that if I up weight in some exercises earlier in the work out that I do not feel as strong in the latter ones. Makes sense. If you continue working on it though you will get better. I don't let it stop me! :) Our park trip was fun. We stayed for about 45 minutes. We went to a new jungle gym in the park while the one we used to go to is being worked on. I am not a fan of the new one and I have a feeling the old one will be similar when they are done with it. :(

Laura: Sorry PIA made a mess of things and you have to clean it up. :( It'll just give you an excuse to give her he!! when she returns to work! :p Wow, those storms sound mega scarey! Glad you finally got some sunshine though. We had rain and cold all day/night y'day and I don't see any sun this morning either. PHOOEY!

Diana: Sorry you've been sick. Hope you feel better soon. Alwyn's programs are expensive. NROL is cheap but it's a regular book found in stores. Afterburn, etc are not in stores and are costly. I really need to complete the entire program one day since I spent the $$ on it but I have NROL in my head right now so AB will hafta' wait. :p

Have a great day!

Ahhh...internet is back finally. I wasn't happy without my entertainment yesterday! That being said, I went outside for the walk/run I planned because the sun was shining :) and the temps were mild :):). I managed 4.65 miles, and I'd say it was half walk half run. I was happy with it.

But can I just tell you all how freakin' sore I am from Power Hour on Monday? OMG...I'm dying over here! I'm walking funny again, and I was seriously wishing I had that morphine drip back while trying to sleep last night! Which, by the way, has been difficult to come by...I was up at four a.m. yesterday morning and three a.m. this morning :mad: A nap may be in order this afternoon.

Wendy, torture is putting it mildly! LOL. Congrats on the additional weight lost. That is awesome!! You'll be at your desired weight in no time. I need to take a page out of your book and start logging everything I eat. I hate doing it, but I know it's key to losing/maintaining. Are you using Cathe's nutrition software for that? Hey, CLX arrived yesterday (WOO HOO!). Will likely be previewing it some today.

Jacque, Hope your day is meeting free. You're right, the lack of internet did "push" me to get moving. It's frightening how easy it is to waste time in front of the computer. Though the onset of better weather is making it easier to get away, too. Great job increasing your weights! Oh, how I hate pushups, though.

Laura, How'd plyo class go last night? My legs ache just thinking about it ;) Hope you stay strom free for a while now and get a chance to enjoy the nice weather. Sorry to hear PIA is haunting you even while she's not around.

Diana, Are you feeling better today? I agree that endurance workouts can be tougher. I've noticed that I can lift really heavy and experience very little to no DOMS, but with the endurance work, I'm in agony for days. But I do always like how it affects my body, so I guess I think "no pain, no gain."

I'll probably take it easy today and just go for a long walk to see if I can work out some of this lactic acid. The sun is out again and it's supposed to be near sixty degrees. I'm trying to take as much of it in before I have to go back to work, which I still haven't determined when that will be. Gotta admit that I'm not exactly in a rush :p

Will BBL~

Jen

Happy Hump Day - though Friday will be my longest day !

Meetings again today but not all day. Didn't even get home until after 8 PM as I was catching up with our Plant Mgr for a couple hours post meetings. That being said - no cardio yesterday. Today is legs - not sure I'll be making any cardio additions to that but may try . . .

Wendy - Woo Hoo on the lbs lost ! I will check out the link you gave Diana and see what I can do - though I know just tightening up would help ! :rolleyes: Sorry to hear they may be changing your fav playground. That's a bummer for the kids who have their favs. Enjoy the last couple of PUSH workouts before you get to Lean. And just think, you are already "leaning" !

Jen - Very nice job on the walk/run for nearly 5 miles. Sorry you have such DOMS, but I think it is the way to getting the memory back into your muscles, huh? ;) Enjoy your nice day today with a leisurely walk in the sun ! Wish I could replicate that. We are to have nearly 90's this weekend and full sun (hopefully without the winds) so I think it may be my first outdoor run !

Laura - Are you in your rest week this week? Getting some great cardio workouts in there. Sorry PIA made such a mess - but at least you aren't face to face with an annoying co-worker. Can you save any of the problems for her to fix when she gets back? :p Glad your weather is better for you. So strange how we all are going from bad to good and there is no real slow changes with weather these days ! Ah yes, global warming has definitely hit.

Diana - I sure hope today is better than yesterday for you. Guess we are both a bit behind schedule, though you get in more workouts than I do on a good week ! :eek: I am looking forward to a cardio week next week.

Thanks for posting the link - I need to hunker down here cuz I surely don't have much Damage Control going on in my eating arena !

Off to get to work - may be back tonight if I can fit it in.

Happy day ladies ! Sounds like we will all have nice weather today.

Back to report: I intended a nice, long walk, but once I got out there and the tunes picked up I couldn't do it...I had to run :cool: So I ended up doing the same thing I did yesterday, but I ran a little bit more and a little bit better than I did yesterday. I managed the 4.6 miles in one hour, and for a nice calorie burn of 528 cals, according to my HRM.

And my DOMS are a tad bit better, so that's cool, too :cool:

Shower time. BBL~

Jen

Hi ladies,

This morning was legs and I thought it was a pretty good workout. I'm so looking forward to cardio next week though. My body needs a lot more cardio than what I've been doing.

The temp is in the low 50's today. I'm going to take a peek outside and see if the sun is shining. If so, I will try to go for a run. My morning meeting was cancelled and I don't have another one scheduled until 2 this afternoon. It will be a short run 4-5 miles. I don't want to push it the first time outta the gate. If it's too cold, I'll head to the rec ctr for some cardio on the EXT.

My meltdown/bootcamp instructor is still trying to recruit us for her triathlon training class at 5:30am. I simply cannot function that early!

Wendy-great job on the weight loss. I'm afraid to get on the scale. I checked out the Afterburn ebook-yikes $60!!! I think I have enough to keep me busy. Next week is all out cardio so that should help.

Jen-wow, you seem to be on the road to recovery. Nice run/walk yesterday! Just don't push yourself too much, but keep up the good work. Power hour is a very deceitful workout.

Jacque-I'm so looking forward to all out cardio next week. I've only been getting in about 1 ab w/o per week and this belly fluff has got to go. The weather is supposed to be cold, rainy and snowy this weekend-yuck. If it's not too bad, I can walk to DS's football game. It's about a 15-20 min walk from my house.

bbl

Hey Ladies,

Well I did get a workout in, but not the cardio I was planning. I decided to take the lunch class at the rec ctr. Unfortunately, it wasn't cardio like I thought, it was total body endurance weight training. Light weights, tons of reps....you get the picture.

Well I guess that was better than nothing. I'm eating my healthy green salad w/veggies and a can of tuna, yogurt and water.

I tried on a couple of my capri pants and they are too tight in the thighs-yikes. I really need to get busy on that cardio...

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Diana

Evening Girls! :)

Just got back from Centergy class not that long ago. OHM! LOL :p Did Push Circuit 1 today with KB swings for my cardio intervals. I couldn't wait to do Burn Intervals to try it out! LOL YEOWZAS that was tough! :eek: Me likey! ;) I followed that up with part of Recharge. I felt the need for a longer stretch then the 2 minutes she gives ya at the end of the work outs.

Diana: Sorry the class wasn't what you thought but hey, a work out is a work out. Better then nothing! :) Yup-Afterburn is pricey. I paid a little more even as I opted for a hard copy of it. I am not an E-book person. BLECH!

Jen: Great job on the run/walk! I find that cardio reduces lower body DOMS too. So do tell your thoughts upon previewing some CLX work outs! Yes, ITA, counting cals and macros/logging is the only way to go for me as well apparently. Simply writing down what I am eating is not enough. Phooey. LOL

Jacque: So didja' check out the link? What do you think? Do you have a plan in mind? :)

Just finished up a 4.5 ounce glass of Pinot Noir (yes, I measured it and logged it into Sparkpeople!) Now it's time to find a snack worth the 200 cals I have left for the day! :D

Good night my dears! :)

Back to report I finished my legs and also did the first two step routines in Cardio Fusion All Step Premix. The old leggies just weren't gonna move any more. They are feeling pretty weakened right now.

Jen - I can rarely walk either - I just love to run, even if it is at a slow pace. Sounds like you are feeling OK by getting those miles in. Good to hear the DOMS are subsiding.

Diana - ITA w/Wendy that any cardio is better than none. Then you followed up with a healthy meal - way to go. Sorry to hear the weather is turning bad for you. But remember, it takes more calories to keep you warm if it is cold out and you'll be outdoors. So, the walk and keeping warm will burn extra cals ! :eek:

Wendy - I did check out the calculator. Wasn't sure if I should go moderate or heavy. There is a 250 cal difference. Did you buy the book? Or just find a website that discusses a calorie staggering program. 3 days at cal deficit and then 1 at maintenance, then repeat? Hmmm . . . I may try that after next week is over. I am planning on a week of low cal with no carbs and I'll see if I can go without CABS. It isn't that my body craves the effect from alcohol because I never get a buzz with what I drink, I just like the taste of beer and wine and crave the taste here and there. Good job with measuring your glass of PN. What did you decide on for your snack?

Hiya Laura ! :D Hope you didn't have to work too hard and have had a fun day !

Buenos Noches mi amigas !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.