Damage Control...Wednesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

Laura: Oh I have no problems getting a good inner thigh burn goin' but nothin' seems to help SHRINK the sucker! :eek: Perhaps a steady run of using the wave machine once a week will help. I would do it more but I don't have the time especially now that I am only working out 5 days a week! :p I don't want to give up the EXT though so perhaps I'll split up my weekly session between the two. :D Good job with the weighted gloves. I will use weighted gloves with the TJ and oh my, can you say SHOULDER BURNER!?! :eek: Hurts so good! LOL

Diana: Great job getting in double cardio for the day yesterday! WOW, that's some club your DS is in. He must be a smart kid, huh? That's great. Maybe he'll grow up to be an engineer or a pharmacist or something!:)

Jacque: Sorry about the trouble you are having doing bench presses last night. Definitley lighten up if you have to. Not worth hurting yourself over. Yeah, I was secretly thankful for the crappy, short night's sleep y'day cause I napped for longer nap instead of fighting the urge to work out. :p Ofcourse I also went out and had a darned cheeseburger and a beer for dinner :eek: but atleast it was a REAL FRESH BEEF burger as opposed to the fast food crap. ;) It was REALLY good too! :D Your whiner post had me crackin' up! LOL So what time did you finally eat dinner? My mom tends to eat late (7ish). When I eat there I am usually about to faint by the time dinner is put on the table! :eek:

Today's work out will be Push Circuit #2 and Centergy class. I will likely add cardio to Push but may opt for doing it after the work out instead of doing it circuit style. I want to do the LowMax intervals so it depends on how motivated I am to preview them and write down what Cathe does before I work out.

Well, I think that's enough of my incessant babbling for now. :p

BBL!

Last edited:
Good Morning!:)

I had a easy night at work and DS didn't wake until 9"ish ( I was home around 4) Surprisingly it doesn't take me long to get to sleep when I get home. You would think that driving home in a cold car would wake me up:rolleyes:

Yesterdays workout was disc 11 and a run outside. I thought I was never going to get it done. My parents were here for alnight and as soon as I woke my mom started talking about getting her hair done. Between that, DS and baking cookies to take to the hospital staff I didn't think I was going to get a min to myself....and thats when mean Lori shines through:eek: Not really....but I get very irritated by the fact that I have to work and my day is consumed with doing things for other people that they can get doen somewhere else. Anyway...as soon as they left I did my weight workout and then when DD came home from school she watched DS.

Todays workout will be a run and abs but probably not until tonight sometime.

We have an apt at the hospital at 1 to see the dr and look over his chest xrays. I think I am also going to get at my summers clothes today, just to see what I have and if I need anything else.

Wendy** Have a good workout!!!

Laura** Things here are returning to normal but I think I need sometime to myself! It just seems like I have had to be somewhere for the past 2 weeks or so and as soon as DS was released for the hospital I had to hop right into work. DH and I are on the same page and cannot wait for vaca! Our flight doesn't leave from the city until 5:15 on Mon evening but we are thinking about heading into the city on Fri cause we need to get away! Did you buy the weighed gloves on this website? I was thinking about buying them and never got around to it!

Diana** Your couples class sounded interesting! I should get DH to do the ab workout for STS with me....just to see what it is like.

Jaqcue** Congrats....i didn't know there was another baby on the way. How many grandkids will this make? 2?

Alright...i should get ready for our apt.I hope we aren't hanging out at the hospital all day long!

Lori

Woo Hoo it is Hump Day and I have Friday off ! :p

Well, except I had to set up a safety issue meeting but it will only take about an hour and then I am free. May actually be able to do my Fri workout in the AM since my meeting isn't until 8:30.

Wendy - Glad you did take your rest day - I soo would love to try that machine. It does make me think I should break out my rollerblades too ! I don't think eating a burger is that bad when it is good beef. Now the cheese? :eek: But moderation is the key and I'm sure you'll get in a little extra cardio to take care of it.

Lori - good to see today seems to be going OK after what has gone on the last few days. I remember now that you cut your Mom's hair, right? Well it was nice of you to bake the cookies for the hospital crew. Have fun shopping and I second the idea you take off early and get some additional "fun" time since you just went through h#$$ with DS's sickness !

Off to get ready for work - Hey Diana and Laura. Will check in later.

Hi ladies,

Have a superbusy day-full of meetings! Not fun. I did legs this morning, can't remember the disc number but I really liked it. I was pretty shallow on the sit-n-stands though.

We are expecting 2-6 inches of snow today . It will probably all melt tomorrow-the temp is supposed to be 50.

By the way, I heard back from Jen (Irishrose). She had her reconnection surgery last Wednesday and is home recovering. She's having hard time with food, queessiness etc. She said it will take her body a while to start functioning again after not having to digest food for a while. She also said to tell all us Damage Controller's hi and thanks for thinking of her.

Wendy-forgot to mention my rec ctr has one of those wave machines. They feel so different with the side to side motion. Oh yes, DS is quite smart but tends to lack social skills. I too love a good fresh burger every now and then. The lowmax blasts will really work those legs. Have fun!!

off to a meeting-bbl to finish my post.

Back from my meeting and have 15 min to eat my lunch before the next meeting.

Lori-Sounds like fun, heading to the city for a few restful days before heading out on vacation. Hope DS's follow up goes well. Nice job getting that run in outside!! Soon I should be able to run outside.

Jacque-Another good long cardio sweatfest is Cardio Fusion Mix & Max premix. I love to do long cardio w/o's on the weekend.

Off to my next meeting.

Last edited:
Afternoon Ladies ..

Been busy morning .. first of the month .. back on the counter .. kinda glad for a break from the QUIET back .. think my psychy is too programed to have to have chaos going on at all times .. LOL .. enjoying the NOISE up here today (something is wrong w/this scenerio .. lol)

Kickboxing w/the weighted gloves was tough .. KILLED SIL .. LOL .. one of my regulars asked SIL if the weight really made that big of a difference .. SIL looked like a drowned rat after class .. LOL ... SIL assured her that it DID indeed make a difference .. (Wendy cant imagine doing cardio w/weigted vest.. yikes .. you 'da man!!)

Today was heavy weights legs in the gym ... felt good and strong!!! Tonight is STS bis and back (disc 21) ... SIL gonna meet me at my house!! Think I will be having fresh oysters from Tampa and BEER tonight :eek: our FL friends are down and they brought fresh shrimp and oysters .. just harvested YESTERDAY ... MMMM MMMMM MMMM .. this is a totally blown calorie week for me . . PMS cheating .. CAB cheating ... and now SEAFOOD .. and this weekend is our trip to Biloxi .. MORE FOOD!!!:eek: I will go ahead and do an ahead of time fess up .. I WILL be blowing it big time .. thank goodness cardio week is coming up soon!!!:eek::eek::p

Wendy .. yup I like the weighted gloves on the boxing .. cardio factor is really intense and then the muscles look OH SO GOOD while working too :p

DI .. I got my Cathe gloves at a sporting goods store in Auburn, AL (WAR EAGLE) ..got a good deal .. only $12.95 .. I was surprised to not only find them .. but find them cheap .. they had a lot of Cathe gear there!!!

Lori .. hope the dr./hospital apnt go well .. hopefully the chest exrays will be all clear!!! and how sweet to bake cookies for the staff .. that was very sweet of you!!

Jacque .. FRI off ..I am so jealous .. I would love to get a jump start on our Biloxi trip .. but I DO have MON off .. getting SIL to fill in for me in class .. she needs to "practice" for the upcoming April 18th event anyways .. she is getting nervous .. LOL!!!

OK .. better jet .. it has taken me an hour to get this typed ... come on 5:00 .. STS workout .. THEN heave oysters and CABS!! I will be thinking about my hardworking clean eating Damage control babes will I am kicking back a few tonight!!;) Have a great one .... :D

Hi Girls.

Enjoying a snack after my work out.

I did PC #2 with LM blasts before and after every leg exercise. Had I been able to do them all it would have been 6 blasts but I actually was just short on time so I skipped the last one after the final leg exercise in order to finish up the final shoulder exercise instead. I saved myself the extra work/time of having to preview/write down descriptions for each blast by setting up my step in the living room. I just popped LM in the dvd player in there and went in there when it was time for my cardio interval. It worked out pretty well but is really only an option when I am home alone. It was a good work out!

Jacque: I am a cheese fantanic. :eek: I have cut down on my consumption TONS over the years but still buy deli sliced american cheese for sandwiches. I also will buy the fat fee stuff on occasion to take a break from the "real thing" but I don't think a slice of cheese a day is going to kill me :p....Nor will the cheese that was on that burger. I'm more concerned about the fat in the burger (cause ya know it wasn't LEAN ground beef!) then in the cheese that was on it! :p I used to polish off a block of cheese (cheddar, mozzeralla, munster, provolone...) in one sitting!!! :eek: I still could and would LOVE to but the guilt simply wouldn't be worth it these days! :eek: Rollerblades...I used to have them. I never was very good on them though so that didn't last too long! :D

Diana: Sorry about all of the meeting crap you have to endure at work. Hope that snow melts quickly like you are predicting! Glad you enjoyed the STS leg work out you did today. :)

Lori: Hope your appointment at the hospital didn't take forever. I know a regular doc appointment in an office can take ages and I am sure the hospitals are even slower. UGH!

Off I go...cut the work out so close today that I had to run out the door to pick Joey up as soon as I was done (thus not getting in that last LM blast) so now that we are back and I have fed my face I need to grab a shower. I hope you all can't smell me through the computer! LOL :p

BBL!

Laura: Simul-posting!:) Weighted GLOVES, Laura, GLOVES! Not a vest, silly! I don't have a DEATH WISH! :eek: LOL Enjoy your fresh seafood tonight!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.