Damage Control on V-DAY!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

So much for a quiet night at home! I ended up getting together with some of the girls and I didn't get home until 2'ish and DS decided to start his day (and mine) at 7:26!:confused: That's o.k cause if I am up first, I expect to sneak in a little nap at some point in time:) I never get to sleep in, DS doesn't even bother waking up his father. I think its b/c he knows there is no point...he ain't mov'in!

So I received my letter from the new owners yesterday. Not impressed. In the letter, everything just remains the same. The only thing new is dental, which is great but I don't even know what kind of coverage they have or what its gonna cost me. I thought forsure the letter would state pay increases or something cause I'm really hoping I won't have to nag these owners for a raise like I did my current boss. Not only that, I want to know if my coworkers duties remain the same b/c she makes more then I do, b/c she does the office work. If she doesn't have to do the office work, then why should she get paid more? I'm sure my boss will ask me tomorrow what I thought of the letter and I am going to ask him that question. He probably won't know the answer for sure but I'm not having that. And I also want to know when a pay increase will come into play.

So no weights yesterday...which means I am kinda behind now. I'm gonna have to double up at some point but I don't think it will be today. I will be doing cardio and weights today though and b/c its so early i will probably do that soon.

Gonna read yesterdays thread!

Lori:)
progress.gif

Hi ladies,

DH got me chocolates and a necklace/earring set. One of the ladies he works with makes jewelry and he bought it from her. It's very pretty...I may post a picture later today on FB.

Last night I finally felt like working out after dinner. Not really a good time to workout as my tummy was making all kinds of noise. I did Disc 13 (CST) again and will be doing disc 14, legs today. I'm just afraid if I don't do this mesocylce twice, I will be disappointed during the last mesocycle. I'm using the same weights I did the last time I did this rotation and it's proving to be tough for some of the exercises.

I've spent the last 45 minutes trying to update the w/o manager...and it's not working for me. I've tried using it in the past and gave up. I thought with this rotation I'd give it another try...to no avail. Oh well, nice concept if it worked.:mad: Well it does work if you don't need to modify your w/o's.

Lori-sorry you didn't get the raise you were anticipating. Were you told there would be a pay increase? I pay approx $7,000 for family medical and dental coverage. That just for the insurance, not including dr. or dentist appt fees. Oh, and my company recently started charging us 50 bucks a month to cover our spouse, even though we already pay for family coverage. Just one way the company is taking away from the employee.

Morning Jacque, Wendy, Jen, and Laura....hope you are all enjoying your Valentine festivities!

Happy Valentine's Day ladies !

Boy was I pooped after B&G y'day. Took a hot bath and then my head started hurting a bit more than it was when I woke up (sinus pressure) so I felt kinda yucky. Finally about 4ish decided I'd better go to the store for this evening's meal purchases. DH ended up going too - but not until after he played with my mini-rototiller and started tilling up one of my plants that was next to the one he dug up to bury the cat ! :mad: So we got our lobster, I had filets and champagne left from when we visited the Korbel facility in May. LOL while at Costco DH said "Do you want some roses? I didn't even get you a card." I replied "Well I haven't gotten you anything either - how about a box of chocolates to share?". Perfect - so we went in search of some Belgian truffles which I've bought there previously - YUM ! Then we watched the last "ugly" period of the Sharks game (lost 3-1) and came home and made dinner.

Today I still have a headache - a bit worse than y'day so will try a few things to get rid of it and may or may not workout. Did I mention it was 70 and perfectly sunny yesterday? That has helped my mood but hate it when I have a headache on days like this. So sun again and I think I'll head out to enjoy some of it, perhaps wash & clean my car in a bit and then see about a workout. Need to touch up the hair but DH is working tomorrow while I'm off so may put that off for today.

Lori - good to hear you enjoyed the evening last night with friends ! You cooking anything special tonight or just a "typical" dinner? Sorry your letter wasn't what you expected . . . Perhaps they just need to get their feet wet a bit before they make changes? If not, sometimes companies are purchased and then nothing is changed. Hope you end up getting a raise somehow.

Diana - Hope you post a pic of your new jewelry set - I'd love to see it. What kind of chocolates did you get? At least you did a workout last night - I find weight workouts are too bad after eating - never attempt cardio though. I am looking forward to Meso 2 - may think about doubles. I never attempted to use WO manager. Have you posted your problems on the OD? I think there are a number of people who use it and most times you can get answers to your questions. We have self-funded insurance (medical/dental/vision) and this year was the first year we charged employees. Only 5% so it si $19/mo for us, $167/mo to add a spouse and $220/mo for a family. And we have Section 125 so it is all pretax. Also have an FSA so I always put $ away in that which is also pretax. So many of our employees think our insurance is horrible. They need to go elsewhere and see for themselves. Ours is $20 copay, $500 deductible and 80% co-insurance. I am seeing more and more plans that pay less than ours. Even Dole is a little less than ours and they are self-funded also.

Anyway - off to FB to see if Wendy has posted a pic of her gift yet - still need to make plane reservations too. Probably BBL after a little mood lifting from some warm sunshine ! :cool:

Hi Ladies,

Back to report my w/o..Disc 14 legs (went heaver than last week), Step Moves, (still had to rewind a few times)....and then I had this crazy idea to do 4DS KB cardio. Well I only made it through about 20 minutes and was to pooped to finish it. It could be the only thing I've eaten was toast with almond butter and jelly about 6 hours ago.

DH is cooking Ribeye's on the grill tonight....they will be delicious!

I think I finally got the workout manager working for me.

Jacque-hope your headache goes away soon. Our insurance cost is pretax and we have an FSA also. Just the same, my gripe is that my employer (not the insurance company) is charging me $50 for covering my DH. I pay for family coverage already which includes my DH. BTW-my itinerary should've been emailed to your sharksfan email.

bbl

Diana - I got the email and sent mine back to you. Rib-eye are DH's fav steak. I love it that Costco has them by the bag for just a little more than tri-tip is per lb. I tend to always have them in the freezer and we have them every other week or so. Works well since we only have 2 to feed though ! ;)

ITA about them charging you extra for a spouse - WTH does family mean then? At least it is pretax ! I love doing my taxes when I have all the deductions so I pay on quite a bit less than I really make.

I posted on the SD trip forum to see if we can get anyone else to join us for the shuttle ride - seems it is now $24 each way but only $9 for an additional person. We'll see how that goes.

Enjoy your steaks ! :p

Hey Girls!

Everyone is came here for dinner tonight. My MIL sent all the food in. We had lasagna, salad and garlic bread. There wasn't a whole lot to do.

Todays workout was Disc 15, 4 miles on the TM and MMA Boxing. Im not sure what I will do tomorrow. I am debating getting up around 5:45 and fitting in disc 16 and cardio. Means I will have to workout between 6:30-8:30. Maybe I could do disc 16 while sipping coffee;)

DS is asleep so I think DH and I will be getting in the hot tub soon and then it will be a early night for us.

I to also received a dozen roses, chocolates and some earrings. I told him I didn't want anything but he didn't listen.

Diana** Nice workouts. I went a little heavier today then I did the last time ( I think) And I also think i will be feeling it tomorrow! I like the drop sets. My legs had a little DOMS from legs but not to much.
We weren't told we were getting a raise...wishful thinking I guess. We were told that they were taking into consideration the pay that everyone else (doing the same job as us) receives at the airport. I guess they didn't consider it to much b/c I think the make atleast $3 more then me an hour. I was just disappointed that the letter didn't state that pay increases were going to happen at some point in time. There are a few questions I need to ask so I am guessing I will direct them towards by boss tomorrow and maybe he will pass them along. There was also nothing about sick leave days in the letter, right now I get 4 or 5.

Jacque** V-day is kinda overrated don't ya think? sounds like something I would do...just pick out a box of sweets to share. It would suck for DH though b/c he would rather have a box of meat!:p Hope your headache didn't give you to much grief today!

Im guessing the other gals are enjoying their DH's today:eek: Im sure Wendy will be here tomorrow, 5 sec's after I post the thread! LOL

Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.