Damage Control....Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning.

Rest day for me today. I decided to play it by ear depending on how I felt when my alarm went off this morning and sleep won! :p I get an extra 90 mins when I don't work out. I was actually in bed for 8.5 hours last night! It was totally awesome! :)

Diana:: So will you be trying RICE for the knee first or are you just going to call a doctor? Hopefully it's simple and quick to heal, whatever is wrong.

So Lori comes home from running her 2nd marathon and now thinks she is too good to check in with us? Is that why we haven't seen her yet? ;):p:D

I miss Jacque. She hasn't been around lately. I hope all is well with her.

Gotta jet...play time's over! BBL!:cool:

GOOD MORNING!:D

Yes...for a while there I thought I was to good to check in but then I got bored and said " I should see what everyone is doing". So I am only here out of sheer boredom!;)

I got home yesterday afternoon but I didn't have a computer until last night and I was just to sleepy. Plus, DD was hogging it.

I went into this marathon with no expectations b/c I didn't train that hard and my right knee had been giving me some grief. I am glad I didn't set a goal b/c I would have been disappointed. I finished this one 10 mins slower then the last but I didn't care. You really can't compare marathon to marathon. Routes are different and you have good days and bad days. I did a few things differently this time but I don't think they helped. I think I ran to fast in the beginning again, I took a gel every hour and I didn't listen to my music. It kind of gets irritating after a while. But when you hit 30k or may be even 28 k, your body starts getting tired! All I wanted was water...no more gatorade...no more gels....just plain water! I decided while I was running that I wasn't doing it anymore...but of course that as changed now. Anyway...I was just happy to have finished. I wasn't over the moon with my time but my placing was good. I think I finished 120/651 females and 30 (something) out of my age group, which I think was 160 or so. I can't really remember. I am taking a nice break though and the next one I train for, I will really be preparing myself for it. My friend finished it in 3:49 and my sister friend smoked it at 3:12!!! Isn't that insane??? They are both lightweights though, bones and skin. Maybe thats what I need to be? LOL

I will bbl! I have to work plus, DS has his speech apt .

Lori:)

Hi ladies,

I've already been up working this morning. I'm supposed to be at work early, but I need to get my w/o in since my day is uber busy.

I'm doing GS BSB, I may have to skip the last couple bicep exercises but can get the majority of it done.

Wendy-Woo Hoo, you got to sleep in! For now I'm trying RICE, but I may go in to the dr. soon anyway. I have a brace I can use. I'm going to go easy on the cardio since that really irritates it.

Lori-I think you did a great job on the marathon. I was planning on telling you what you've already mentioned, that you can't really compare one race to another for the same reasons you mentioned. So, you do want to do another marathon!:D

Guess I'll do Back & Biceps, and skip shoulders this morning...gotta run! Have a great day ladies!

Lori:: Nice job on the marathon! Finishing one no matter what the time is an accomplishment so you should always be proud!!!!

Diana:: Enjoy GS today and good luck with your knee! I hope you can avoid the dr. visit!

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe it's noon already! The morning went by fast! :D

I am going to be ordering a few things from Collage today. I want to buy Criss Cross Cardio so that I can send it back to Net Flixx before my DH never lets me rent another work out vid from there again :p. I also am ordering 3 Kimberly Spreen k/b dvds. I've been dying to try her stuff and now seems like as good a time as any! It'll satiate my need for new stuff while I wait for the Cathe's to arrive! ;)

Hope everyone is doing well and just busy busy.

I will pop back in later to see what's going on!

Ciao!

Hello Ladies ..

crazy day - I am up front on front counter .. UGH .. w/PIA ...ugh .. so last night I did mish mosh class .. DOMS in the hammies, butt and core ... had a small class again .. nothing done to room .. time is running out .. and classes small .. so thinking I prbly will cancel classes thru first of year unless he gets a fire under his butt :mad: cant stand it not only in dissaray but also nasty :mad: :mad: Talked to my LA buds last night - we play their team this weekend .. LSU ... he said "Laura you know I luv ya .. and I am gonna luv ya until 2:30 Sat rolls around then all bets are off" ...:eek: :p... LSU and AUBURN are both undefeated in the SEC #4 AU and #5 LSU.. :eek:.. soooo gonna be another tuff excited heart attack giving game :confused: .. our QB Cam Newton is top in line for Heisman trophy so he has a HUGE bullseye on him :confused: GONNA BE TUFF!!!! WWAAAARRRRRRRRRR EAGLE though BABY!!!!!!

Lori - I need to send you a crown or something .. b/c honey .. let me tell you I am in AWE that you can run that far .. for that long ... in that amount of time .. GEESH woman .. you rock!!!

Wendy - it is hot here so not getting my power walk in - I am glad to see someone else spend $$$ on DVD torture .. LOL.... I will prbly do one of the Michelle Dozois DVD tmrw .. my FL friend has them .. she said she loves them ..

Di .. take care of the knee .. I am thinking you dont have a tear .. must be a sprain .. and I am still thinking the connecting hamstring tendons ... but if it dont get better go to the doc ..

Hello to Jacque .. we miss you girlie!!!

OK .. so today is gonna be 4 step torture have not done it in a while .. I may have to limit the pushups as the shoulder is still hurt .. but it will be good sweat fast and muscle burnout ... Hope everyone has a great day!!:D

Laura:: I still want the Michelle vids but these K/B dvds yelled to me louder right now! Maybe I will save the Michelles for a Christmas idea!
YOU have DOMS? No! Really??? LOL ;):p:D YAY for a little fun rivalry between friends! Enjoy the game this weekend! Any bets to be placed to sweeten the win? :)

Wendy .. LOL .. no bets ... I dont really bet on ballgames .. might jinx it .. but my LA buds lease our land and our cabin for hunting .. there is NO TELLING what it will look like if they beat us .. :eek: :confused: BUTTTTT IF we beat THEM :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: ohhhhhhhhhh I gotta start planning and get it ready for when they come down!!!!:p:p:p:p:p

Last year they had all KIND of crap out hangin in my trees .. the doors ... the trucks ... my GATE ... my mailbox ... they even decorated my golf cart w/all kinds of LSU garb and bs .. LOL .. ya .. we have a fun rivalry .. NOT like the AL rivalry!!! they are UGLY/mean spirited fans .. but my LA buds are FUNNY .. not mean!!!:p I just hope and pray we WIN though!!!!

Laura:: I am clueless about sports rivalries both friendly and mean. I am not a sports girl. I tolerate some sports once in a while for my husband but that's about it. My best girlfriend as well as my DH are Devils' hockey fans. She gets free Devil's tickets and will occasionally take him to a game. They want me to come to one but I won't go. Go knock yourselves out I tell them. I'd rather stay home and clean the house! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.