Damage Control...Tuesday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning.

I decided to take a rest day today. Was feeling icky at work y'day and my boss has a bad cold so I'm afraid of getting sick. I came home and took airborne. Got to bed early and slept in w/no work out. Hoping it will help ward off any germs that might be trying to get me! :(

Have some back DOMS today which makes me happy. Mostly in my lats. Must be from the kickboxing the day after weight work. Gotta love it! :)

Laura:: Sorry about the flat tire. Hope DH didn't encounter any problems changing it for you.

BBL~

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm so tired this morning but will probably find a short w/o to do. Working out in the morning gets my blood flowing and makes for a more productive day! Yesterday was SS lowerbody blast and HIIT 30/30.

MIL had her knee replacement surgery yesterday. DH was at the hospital until after 8pm. He pretty much left after the boys and I got there to visit her. She was doing really well last night. She had color in her face and said she wasn't in any pain. We shall see how she's doing tonight.

The derm appt was really good. She is taking me off my current meds since they no longer work anyway. She gave me 2 topical treatments and 1 oral medication. I'm hopeful to be acne free soon. Can't even believe someone who is 45 is having acne issues, frustrating to say the least.

Wendy-What a day you had yesterday. Sounds like you are doing what's best and taking a rest day. Hope you aren't coming down with something. Thanks to you I've been able to mix and match shorter workouts that I wouldn't have thought of if you didn't mention them.

Lori-Wow, good for you for cutting back on sugar. I drink my coffee black now. I used to put milk in it, but gave up dairy several years ago (to help with acne issue). No harm being happy that you are faster than your friend.:p Completing a marathon at any pace is quite an accomplishment...you will do great! Wish I had some advice regarding DD, we just never had any of those issues. DH can be quite strict so they may have just been afraid to try anything.

Jacque-hope you are feeling better today. We are still having high temps also....may break a record high for today at 91 or 92 degrees. Nice to have DOMs isn't it.....see what you've been missing!;) I've been super busy at work too. I'm hoping for a financial pay off at the end of the year. Not holding my breath though.

Laura-Auburn wins...NICE!!! Hope they get your room fixed soon, how frustrating that must be. A flat tire...what a bummer. At least you noticed before you headed home. I miss working out at the gym, just too much going on at work to get over there at lunch. It's nice to use equipment that I don't have at home, like the lat pull downs, assist pullups, hamstring curls etc.

Time for a short w/o...bbl

Morning Ladies ..

Well DH didnt get home b-4 I left this morning and I cant get him to answer phone calls or text ..:( .. making me get very worried .. not like him to be late and not call or text .. he has a 45 min commute and the roads are HORRIBLE .. makes me worry .. IF I dont hear from him by lunch I will be going to look for him :( ... sigh!!! hoping he is just in a meeting and tied up from phone ... MEN!!! I taught a full step class last night .. had a small enough class we could fit on carpet .. felt good to sweat .. ended with some compact leg and ab work.

Wendy .. hope you are not getting sick .. but man seems lots of people are .. SIL and DN are sick .. and VBF is sick ... luckily they are not as bad as I was ... hope you feel better

Di .. maybe this new treatment will work for you .. I am lucky .. dont really and have never really had any skin problems .. just maybe one bump at PMS time . . I feel for you though .. I cant stand when that one bump comes up cant imagine having acne problems.. hope this will clear you up!!

Hello to all that follow ..

the plan for today is BBC arms and abs .. and tonight is the mish mosh class ... it is cooler today .. felt great this morning I need to get my lazy arse out of bed and go for a walk while it is cooler out!! OK .. better run .. have a great one and I will BBL to check in w/you girlies

Finally found DH .. was in health care meeting an didnt have reception :) WHEW!!!! thank goodness

Afternoon!

Not morning anymore! Quick checkin while my manager is out of the office.

I had to come back to work last night until 2 a.m and then DS had his speech apt @ 9 a.m. He did awesome today and I think she was really pleased with him. I feel like we are getting somewhere.

Yesterday's workout was 11.5 k outside. I am not sure if I will get a workout in today. I may ask my coworker to go on call for me so I can get a run in later.

Jacque** I don't think there are any underlying issues. I wish to think that there were b/c her father has never been a part of her life. Then when she would get into trouble she would blame me b/c she wanted to spend more time with me. Really it was just a ploy to get out trouble. Now when she gets into trouble she doesn't even try pawning it off on someone else. She only has one friend that I know doesn't drink. They are all at it. This town is awful for drugs and booze. I guess I should be partly thankful that it was only beer!
I will try to catch up with personals in a bit.

Lori:)

Ok ladies .. I am here to say .. WTH???? we did BBC at lunch .. arms and abs .. thinking this was the EASIEST choice .. :confused:.. WTH??????? either i have grown VERY weak .. or this was NOT easy!! I dont remember it being that hard .. my arms are shaking so bad it is ridiculous .. I did use 10# the entire time .... maybe I wasnt using 10# when we did this before ????? and forgot how many pushups he did too .....anyway .. me and SIL decided we both are SLACKERS in the endurance weight lifting .. we have got to get back on track .. geesh .. it was fun .. but I am shaking like an idiot right now. May have to re-think class tonight .. b/c the mish mosh class has KB swings - PLANKS - upright rows - Planks w/weight UB work - plank walk outs - pushups .. :confused: .. me thinks I wont make it .. ???

I may have to do the triple set workout I did last week MINUS the UB work in it!!! :eek: GEEEESHHHHHH ...

Diana:: Great work out y'day. What did you do today? Glad MIL's recovery is going well. Knee surgery isn't usually an easy thing to recover from! Hope the derm's prescriptions work for you. I am glad I give you ideas for your work outs. You know me-mish mosh queen! LOL

Laura:: Glad DH was safe and sound this morning. I don't blame you for initially being worried though. BBC is a tough little series girl and I think Barry's segments are the hardest! Especially his cardio! OMG! :eek: 10# for that arm routine is a lot IMO! Good job!!!!!

Lori:: Are you a little tired today after working til 2am? I would be! Glad DS' speech therapy is going well. So did you get in a work out today?

Last edited:
Got a fire under my arse this evening so I popped in Step Moves and did it minus the challenge. I did pretty good. There is still one move I have to "fake" cause I can't figure it out but I did quite well thru the rest of the work out. A couple more run throughs and I should be able to tackle the challenge! Woo hoo! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.