Damage Control Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls!

I didn't get enough sleep last night so my work out wasn't what it was supposed to be but that's okay! I did a 20 minute segment of Tonique and BBL abs rapido.

Gotta get ready for work/school now. BBL!

Hi ladies,

I didn't have a chance to check in yesterday. Went to bed late Sunday night and couldn't get moving in time to work out yesterday morning. Went for a 2 mile walk yesterday at lunch and to bootcamp class last night. I think I'm starting Fitness Freak's get ready for summer 2010 rotation today. It's cardio, SJP cardio and C&W cardio for an hour long session.

So I asked my coworker if she did the plyo w/o I lent her. She said no. Obviously she's not going to do it. I asked her to bring it today and we are going to do it today at lunch. She doesn't want to w/o by herself, she won't go to a class by herself.

I picked up Muscle and Fitness Hers...and there are some good articles in it this month. They talk about HIIT and why its better than steady state cardio, a 2 month get ready for summer w/o, goot stuff.

Lori-hope today is better for you.

Wendy-Something is better than nothing! Good job pushing through even though you are tired.

Jacque-sounds like you had a fun weekend. GK's are so much fun. Are you finishing up the STS rotation. I was too close not to finish. I'm always thicker haver a heavy weight rotation and am really looking forward to more cardio, total body wt training, abs etc.

Laura-sunny and 80, amazing. I woke up yesterday to snow. Thankfully it has all melted and the sun is shining. Not sure what the temp will be but guessing in the low 60's.

Jen-guess I'm going to have to check FB for an update on your big move. I'm guessing it's around now.

Jen/Punky-hope you are keeping up with your clean eating. I would be doing much better if I could stay out of the chocolate chips.

bbl

Morning ladies !

Y'day before I left work I was tired and feeling this weird little spasm on my left chest. Not sure if it is pec or heart? :confused: So I laid down when I got home - put a heating pad on hoping it would relax the muscle but it didn't. Felt sleepy so didn't work out. Checked my pulse when I would get the twitches and my heart didn't seem to be beating as fast as the twitches - so thinking not heart - doesn't feel like it but the twitching is still here this AM? Hope it goes away - don't have the extra $ for doctor testing right now. :(

Lori - Sounds like you had a great day y'day other than work. Hope today is not a dragout fueling for you.

Wendy - you did better than me, which isn't saying much lately ! ;) Hope you have a chance for a quickie nap today and get some sleep tonight.

Diana - thinking I'm wimping out on the Strength. Not feeling like heavy weights with all my stress right now. Seems to tighten me up way too much. I do love FF summer rotations. May hop in on that one if I can get my behind in gear here. I'll have to check my mag pile to see if I have that one yet . . . been reading "work" books and not my magazines lately.

Laura - guessing you'll have nice weather today since it will rain here today ! :p How is SIL doing ?

Time to jet for now . . .

Hello ladies ..

last night was 30 min step 30 min shaping .. great class and a full one too .. got too hot in there though .. tonight was to be plyo .. but I am gonna do the mish mosh of plyo - old and new shaping stuff w/yoga cool down :eek: SIL and I meeting at lunch p90x shoulders and arms .. she is gonna try it again :confused: -

Wendy .. think our sleep patterns are very similar I didnt get much sleep either :confused:

Lori .. when is your marathon?? it is coming up right??

Di .. snow still?? yikes .. good workout ysty

Jacque .. dont mess w/spasms in your heart/chest .. does it feel muscular or inside ???? I have a murmer that comes and goes and it is big difference .. sometimes it beats and extra beat or two or three and it will make me freeze in place thnkn it is not gonna go away ... scary stuff .. dont take chances girlie .. get it chckd out!

SIL: has put on some weight thank goodness... but her back is hurting .. she pulled it stepping in a hole and she is not lettingit recover .. it is hurting right lower back .. I am thinking she has compressed disc and inflammation around it .. she cant step on step w/o leaning forward w/butt out .. cant squat low .. cant do any abs w/leg extensions .. no planks .. ???? and too frkn stubborn to go to dr ..

OK .. gotta run .. meeting hard head (SIL) for UB workout at gym .. it is dreary today .. but cooler .. tonight is gonna be in the mid 40's .. bbrrrrrr .. have a great one!

Hiya Girls!!!

It's been a while since I've been in this neck of the woods. I sure do miss you guys and hope all is going well. It sure sounds like you all are busy with a workout plan.

Just wanted to give you all a shout out. Thanks for keeping in touch.....even though I'm still not a FB user yet. I set up the account and then have never done anything with it. Go figure..... LOL! But, hey I still get the messages.:p

Wendy - You sound like a die hard BBL user. I ordered them, did them once, and have not done them again.:( I really need to give them another try.
I heard you had gotten a new job. Congrats to you on that! Do you still get your morning java and computer time?
Are you going to school now too??
How's Joey doing now that mama is workin?

Laura - Still crackin' the whip I see. Didn't you cave on BBL too - are you liking them?
Sorry to hear about SIL and her health problems. It seems like a wicked slide she's been on lately huh? Ah, the stubborness......that runs in my family too.:rolleyes:
Yup - still loving Dish. Although, I got an email from DTV last week that said I owed $130. I was livid!!! I talked to a rep before I even cancelled to make sure everything on my account would be paid. Anyways, after I got off the phone they promised me that my account would be zero'd out. I told them I wanted a letter stating that too. Grrrrrrr!!
So, are you trying to get Toots preggers? Sorry to hear about the doggie leg problems - hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

Diana - I see that some areas were getting snow. Ug! Better you than me! *lol* But, we are getting some colder temps now too. Actually when we went to FL for spring break at the beginning of April it was 80 in Michigan when we left and it was in the 70's when we got to Tampa.:confused:
I just got M&F in the mail today.....gotta take a peek at it.
Tis the season for BC class eh? I'm sure it's great to be outside...
How's the grandbabies doing? I'll bet they are growing like weeds.

Jacque - I hope your chest is feeling better. It's always better to be safe than sorry though. Are you on a rotation right now? Have you been working the chest muscles or is this just a fluke type of thing?
Are you signed up for a marathon? Wow - if you are, I am impressed. One of these days....... Right now it's just nice to be able to get outside and get a good 3-4 mile run in. I'm so glad the weather has been nice for that.

Gotta go and pick a workout. I just finished up with a 3 month STS program 2 weeks ago. Last week I did S&H and this week is GS. I did chest and tries yesterday and my pecs and tris are still screamin' at me. I forget how tough those w/o's are. I think I'm gonna tackle an Insanity w/o today or maybe P90X legs. I gotta make up my mind soon.

Take care ladies and hello to the rest of you gals.;)

Angie

Angie darlin' ... glad to hear from you!!!!

yes I caved on BBL .. I LOVE IT .. it is a divinly SNEAKY workout .. the moves are so simple .. and sooooo effective ... I didnt like the cardio ax (zumba like w/o) ... but the others I LOVE .. the advanced one .. Rio extreme .. kicks major butt .. but it looks sooooo easy .. but doing it.. it sneaks up on ya for sure!! and LOVE BUMBUM ... :eek: :p
My big baby is not limping as bad .. so I am thinking it is his paw not his shoulder ... maybe he got a small cut or smthn in it ... ?? I hope that is it .. and we ahve been trying for pups but one or both are not having it .. Buster tries .. but toots dont want it .. *sigh*

so glad you are ok .. and keep chkn in w/us!!! good to hear from you!! :D

Hey Ladies,

Well I got stood up for my lunch w/o.:mad: She said she just didn't feel like working out. She also said "I wish I did because I'd probably feel so much better." Oh well, I'm going to ask for my dvd back, it is one of the plyo w/o's from STS. I'm not sure it can be ordered separately and don't want to risk missing a w/o from STS.

Instead of plyo legs, I ended up going for a 45 min power walk. Not quite the same as plyo legs but got out in the fresh air and away from my desk.

Jacque-ITA w/Laura, any chest pains should be checked out by a dr. Not worth risking your health. Hopefully it is just a muscle spasm and nothing else. Tomorrow I have MM on tap and am looking forward to a full body w/o. Hope you feel better soon. I'm thinking of adding in Insanity to this rotation too. Short and effective!

Laura-I kind of understand your SIL, most back injuries heal on their own. It sounds like she may not be giving it any time to recover though. Not worth risking another injury by pushing it, IMO.

Angie-thanks for popping in! I just finished the STS rotation also and am looking for something with more cardio. Fitness Freak's Get Ready for Summer 2010 rotation looked pretty so I started it this morning. It's nice to have a shorter rotation. I'm sure the GS series will kick my butt. It's Lori who's training for the marathon, and the end of May. She will be amazing I'm sure!

bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.