Damage Control...Tuesday

Good Morning!

Puh....my life doesn't revolve around starting this thread you know!;):p Your safe if I don't have to work in the morning. Although....DS as been getting up early every morning. Around 7'ish every morning, no matter what time he goes to bed....he gets up...comes out into the room, gets ME...NEVER his father! So guess who is snuggled up in the nice warm bed while I am up sipping my coffee?

I asked DH if he was sore and he said "yes" but he hasn't really moved out of the bed yet! LOL He worked muscles that haven't been worked in ages!:confused::) He also found it very odd that I did P90X and survived! I don't think he realizes what he is dealing with here:eek:

I have a run on tap for today (soon) and I need to get STS done. I was thinking about doing it now but I don't want my arms to be sore when I am pushing the stroller. Prehaps I will do it tonight when DS goes to bed.

Wendy** what do you have planned for today? Did DS enjoy his first day of preschool??

Jen** Did you wake up to the sunshine? Its another nice day here today! I can handle it!

I caught up on the rest of the personnals last night! I will bbl to report!

Lori:)

Good Morning Girlies. :)

So I think today's work out will be one of the new Jillian's I picked up called Shape Up-Front. It's a circuit work out that works the abs thighs shoulders triceps chest and hips.

Diana:: Glad you were able to get to the rec cntr for leg work y'day. How was bootcamp? The 2 bedroom condo in MD will house me, DH, DS, SIL, BIL, 13 yr old niece, 16 yr old nephew and my FIL. DH and I scored the master bedroom while we are there (I think that means we get our own bathroom! :D). My SIL, BIL and their 2 kids will share the 2nd bedroom as it as 2 double beds in it and my FIL will sleep on the pull out couch. My FIL is an addition to the normal group that goes on vacations and he should make it more fun. In addition, even though he is an extra body in the condo, he will make it better because if he did not sleep on the couch in the living room, the kids would and they sleep til noon. This means everyone who gets up earlier is put out. It really made me mad 2 years back when we shared a condo with them down in Myrtle Beach. Perhaps this will solve the problem and make it easier to deal with. I just hope that once my FIL is up (he gets up super early) that those darned kids don't move out on to the couch so that they SLEEP in front of the tv all morning. GRRRRRR.

Lori:: What the heck does waaaaay up north mean? LOL How many hours away by plane or car??? Because you usually only see them once a year it seems as if they must live 1000's of miles away so I was just curious. That's funny about your DH and the X. DH has that problem with Legs and Back. He never finishes it. It's too tough for him. It's the leg work in particular that he can't hack.

Jen:: DH, DS, the dog and I all took a short walk last night as well. Weather was fantastic for it! Luckily, there was no icecream involved for us. ;) Yeah, working in the babysitting area in the gym, I know that most kids are full sh*t and put on the act for mom or dad and once they leave everything changes! :p Some continue to cry but not most. Still makes me feel terrible though. I almost started to cry myself y'day. :rolleyes:

Jacque:: So when will you be popping for the GWF? You might want to check out the actual gwf website before you buy. Seems they might have a better deal there....I didn't go back and check amazon to be sure but I *THINK* www.gowearfit.com has a better pkg deal for the arm band and 12 months of website access. It was $149.00 I think. Seemed pretty cheap to me. HTH. I'm still not convinced though. Still eying the fitbit personally. :)

Guess that catches me up for now. Gotta get ready for work now.

BBL!

Wendy** She lives in the North West Territories. Iqualit is where she lives.....in Canada of course. Alot of inuit and alot of crime. Its an isolated area. Sometimes she only comes home once a yr but most times its twice. Im thinking that when she goes back this time she won't be home for christmas b/c she has been home 3 x's this yr plus our trip to FL.
Have a good workout! Im still sitting here so no STS before I run. I should get a bite to eat!

Lori:)

Good morning chicas!

It's is gray and foggy and misty, and I have the knife positioned over my wrist as we speak :p OMG, I need some sun!!! This is freakin' ridiculous! This morning I ran on the tread for 3.5 miles. Crossing my fingers for a walk at lunch.

Lori: Oh I bet DH is going to be such a baby today ;) whinin' about how sore he is! That is if he's like every other man in the universe. Mine would be having me rub his back and his legs and his feet, and oh, woe is him :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:! Hopefully yours is a bit tougher??

Wendy: Your a good doggie owner for taking him (her?) on your walk with you last night! I haven't taken mine out in so long...she pulls too hard on the leash and I've been afraid she'll cause me to reinjure myself. We do have a yard though, so DS takes her out to play every day. Smart not to stop for any ice cream last night. Unfortunately, I had to stop for DSO who was whining about actually being out for a walk :rolleyes: Not a big exerciser this one...and I had to bribe him with the ice cream. Too funny.

Jacque: Great job on all the workouts yesterday! How'd you feel all day after getting in that early morning HIIT? I find that on the days I don't do something in the morning before work, I'm in a mental fog all day. As far as getting those steps in, I seem to be averaging 2-3 miles in the morning before work on the treadmill, and then I walk 3 miles at lunch. Plus all the other stuff during the day like running around getting ready in the morning, walks around the office during the day, trips to the ladies room, housework...it all adds up nicely. The GWF has done wonders for motivating me to move during times I'd usually want to vege in front of the t.v., and that is what is making the difference IMO.

Better get to work. Hello to Di and Laura! Will bbl ~

Jen

Morning chicas !

Well I wrote a book or three last night since I was MIA all day and just about keeled over when I saw how much was there ! Think I was last one on the thread - got around to personals about 8:30 while all of you were probably in bed. ;)

Wendy - I just don't see that FitBit will measure calorie burn without having any type of body heat, heart beat, etc. Think it is just movement similar to a ped but that is from what I could gather from the website. Have you found any other info? I'm still not sure about a purchase at all - would rather lose without one - we'll see how my willpower along with my current gadgets works ! DH just told me the truck goes in to be fixed on Wed - only so much $ to spend - perhaps he should be walking to work anyway? :p Your vaca sound like it will be a blast !

Lori - can't wait to hear how DH is moving after he get up and around ! I think men typically have leaner LB's and more muscled legs so most want to look good when they take of their shirt. Never seem to want to work legs - have you noticed that in the STS Vids? Hope you enjoy your run and get to your STS today.

Have a great day !

Oops Jen - we crossed over the phone lines ! Well already hit 3.5 miles huh? Good for you. I sure hope the sun comes out at some point. We do have some fog this AM but it is usually gone by mid AM. We are about 1/2 an hour as the crow flies from the ocean so it is to be expected in the summer months. Helps cool it down from the evening. Inland in CA it is already 75' in the central valley at 6 in the AM ! I'll keep my foggy mornings !
Supposed to be 88 today but thinking I'll still hit the road - will drink lots of
h2o before I leave work.

Have a good one !

Morning Ladies!!!

Well we actually had a nice morning this morning .. lower humidity and it got down to 68 degrees :eek: felt wonderful .. to get back up to 95 today .. but w/less humidity it is bearable!!! My dogs felt so good this morning ... the oldest one did a "puppy tear" .. where she was running around in circles and around the garage as fast as she could .. HILARIOUS!!! :p

Wendy .. you are making me want Jillians w/os .. gosh I dont need any more though ... but you seem to like them and think they are shorter .. I need some quick w/os when I am in a time crunch!!! Yes I am on the pedometer bandwagon .. although I dont think I will be getting the numbers you and Jen (especially Jen) are getting .. I SIT behind a computer too long ... but I am making a pact to get up every hour and walk around the building and up the stairs .. :D

Lori .. have a good run ... has it warmed up for you at all?? LOL about DH .. poor baby ... ya my DH gives me grief about how "easy" my workouts are but he wouldnt DARE try to do them himself .. he knows better!! LOL .. wish he would though .. when we first dated he was Mr Muscle man .. WOW what a body .. still has a good body .. but he puts on muscles so easily he could have a BETTER body if he wanted ;)

Jen .. now I for one had pictured you pretty much like you look .. dark hair ... pretty and fit!!! and let me add .. :eek: ...17,000+ steps :eek::confused::confused: OK .. I am NOT competing w/you .. what kind of job do you have?? you gotta be walking all day girlie .. LOL! .. sorry I cant pipe you some of my sunshine :( .. it is a beautiful day today!!! :)

Jacque .. YUP .. you and me kiddo!!! We will hope to get our 10,000 steps in .. that is a good goal for me ... I have no idea how many steps I do on an average day .. so this should be interesting!!!

Di .. how was bootcamp last night .. I do love hearing about the torture they inflict!! LOL

OK .. today is BBC shoulders at lunch .. tonight is 4 step plyo plank torture .. gonna mix it up w/plyos on the step tonight .. for that EXTRA umph .. wonder how that is gonna register on the pedi??? any idea???

Have a great one .. I will BBL to see what everyone is up to .. :D

Hi ladies,

Well as painful as it was, I forced myself to take my measurements on Sunday after my meeting with the Nutritionist. I have gained 10lb since January which explains why I needed to buy new capris this summer.:mad: I'm hoping I can get my eating under control and drop some of this weight.

On the lighter brighter side, bootcamp class was a goodie. We did a timed mile...I hate when we do these at the beginning of class before we are even warmed up. My time was 9:44, not bad considering I haven't been running and wasn't warmed up. We did skipping for height and skipping for distance for 100 yards alternating with tire runs, squats, tricep dips, pushups, lunges and hill running. Those hills are hard to say the least. We finished up with some tough ab work.

This morning I got up and ran 3.5 miles outside. First time in a long time. I was going to use my garmin but it got knocked off the charger and wasn't charged. I ended up using my HR monitor which said I burned 434 calories. I'm going to try to get in 3-4 days of running, but it will have to be in the mornings because it is too hot during the day. DS has baseball 3 nights a week so after work doesn't work with my schedule right now.

Wendy-thanks for the info on the GWF. It wasn't that cheap when I looked at it. Nice job getting all those steps in. I picked up a couple of Jillians w/o's at Costco and they still have the wrapper on them. Sports Authority has KB's on sale and I have $25 off coupon good if you spend $100 or more. I may try to get a 15#, 25# and 30# KB this week.

Lori-have a great run today! Our temps have been in the low 90's and I'm such a fair weather runner. I would run in any temperature when I was your age. I say keep it up as long as you can. I'm jealous. I'm starting back to run pretty slowly as I don't want to end up with shin splints. Wish me luck. Hope DH was able to drag himself outta bed! I don't think men know how hard we work out at all. Hopefully he keep going with it.

Jen-Please feel free to join us on FB. I have an acct and know that Wendy and Lori do too. I thought you lived near Wendy...am I wrong. She hasn't had all the rain you have. Regarding the calf machine-its a standing calf machine that has a lever you can release that allows you to squat in fixed position, really hits the quads more than a free standing squat. I've only used it as a calf machine and was kind of afraid to try it the other way since I wasn't sure how it worked.

Laura-You would be a great bootcamp instructor. Do you ever take your class outside? I used to take a kickboxing class and in the middle of the class we would run stairs outside it was a nice change of pace but really got the hr up! I keep thinking about throwing in a week or two of BBC but just haven't done it. The music really gets on my nerves after a while.

Should probably get some work done now.:p

Afternoon Chickadees. :D

I just finished my work out. I ended up doing Jillian's Shape Up Front/Back work outs one after another since they are only 30 mins a piece and then I finished up with the first segment (20 minutes) of Biggest Loser Yoga. It was a nice sweaty 80 minute challenge.

Jillian moved a bit too quick on some of the weighted moves in the Shape Up work outs but I usually just kept my own count of reps and finished up a few seconds behind her. Not a big deal IMO. Sometimes I'd miss a few seconds of the straight cardio moves because of it but often times there were a few extra seconds between exercises anyway so I was able to keep up. Overall, I liked the work outs and am happy with the purchase.

BL Yoga was good. I did the first segment only. It was basic yoga moves (there was some repetition) with some strength moves like push ups and plank holds intermixed. It was tough to do following Jillian's work outs but I liked the challenge.

Diana:: So when do you think you'll get around to doing the Jillian work outs you bought? Probably the same time that I open up the AOS ones I've never done! LOL So there might be a KB purchase in your future? Hey, if you want to buy them anyway, might as well go for it when you have a coupon!!! Nice time on that mile! I remember taking off like a bat out hell in a 5k race or two. I did the first mile in under 9 minutes and thought I'd throw up by the time I got to mile 2. Not a good way to do it! :p

Laura:: Back to doing BBC again I see? :) I am not good at getting my steps in if I don't run or take a decent walk every day. It can be tough to do so dont' feel bad.

Jacque:: The GWF does sound like it'll be more accurate but it's not enough to make me bite. The price is too high (for me) and the fact that it's an armband doesn't thrill me. The calorie counting thing? Well, more accurate would be better but a general idea works for me too as I have NO IDEA right now. :) I used to have an HR monitor and hated the chest strap. I used to wear an armband ipod holder when I ran but searched hi and low until I found a belt clip style and like it much better. Straps just ain't my thing. :p I admit the weight loss results people are seeing make me want it but I know me. I'm going to find it annoying and if it's annoying, I won't wear it. *shrugs*

Jen:: Great job on the 3.5 mile run this morning! Hey now...just cause SO had icecream doesn't mean YOU had to have some! :p Trust me, we are not big dog walkin' people. We have a fenced in yard where he goes daily. I honestly don't know what's gotten into DH...he isn't one to take walks in general and isn't one to walk the dog either! I don't question it though cause I like it! :D

Lori:: Bad girl, skipping STS again! I'm gonna sic Cathe on you! :p

Gotta go. Heading to mom's tonight for our weekly visit so gotta shower and clean up the house before leaving....

L8r Girlies! :D

Last edited:
Hey ..

I have on my cheapo ped .. LOL .. OK girlies I am gonna have to find a way to get my steps up .. it is 4:00 and I am only at 4900 steps .. :eek::confused: .. I still have class to go .. and I did my w/o at lunch .. but the only thing the ped logged was prbly the warm up .. b/c we did BBC shoulders and abs .. so even though I was working out the ped would not have registered it .. :confused: ... I have been getting up every hour .. and doing a walk around the building .. the people in the back prbly wonder WTH I am doing .. LOL .. didnt get my breaks .. so that didnt work w/the stairs .. maybe I can get dressed right at 5 and go for a quick walk around my works premises ?? b-4 class :confused: .. not even sure how accurate this cheapy thing is either .. my other one should be in tmrw!!

I will be reporting some puny numbers if I dont get my lazy butt outta bed and get a decent walk in the morning ... it has been around 80 when I get up and humid ..so would have to hop on the dreadmill ... LOL .. aahhhh .. I will figure out something .. I WILL PREVAIL {{{ raising finger to the sky }}} :eek:

Well I finished my lunch workout - PUB chest twice through. Did the second set on an incline. Owie ! was very tired.

Laura - that's about where I am after a 4DS LIS this AM. I am planning on a run after work. Maybe that will help me ? :confused:

Wendy - so did you find your iPod belt clip online? or ? ? ? I have the arm band but YUCK ! I'm not sure which version I have but it is about the size of the iPhones. I have my HRM on and am not showing much of a calorie burn for the day . . . my HR was actually showing 59 at one point - thought I was almost dead cuz usually I at least 70? :confused: But ITA with you on wearing the arm band and I'd probably want the display too. The cost IS high - that is what has kept me from purchasing. It just shouldn't be this hard to figure this all out !

Oh well - need to finish a couple things, and to quote Laura "hurry 5 o'clock !"

:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.