Damage Control...Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls. :)

Well I took off my ped at 8pm having logged 10,411 steps. I was happy about it until I woke up this morning and read Jen's post from about the same time last night. There she goes showing off again! ;):p:D

After dinner we ALL went for a walk. DS, DH and even the dog! It was nice. DH and the dog went back a little earlier and then me and DS continued on for a bit longer. The sky seemed to be threatening rain at any minute but nothing ever happened...lucky for us! :) DS said he wanted to actually WALK but I took the stroller anyway thinking he'd poop out early. Well, to my surprise, we were out there for 40 minutes and he walked the entire time w/o complaining! I couldn't believe it! We were taking it easy though. When I walk by myself or with him in the stroller I definitely move quicker.

So tonight I'm off to the gym with BF for cardio/abs. I'm trying to decide if I want to make today an active rest day but WALKING on the TM instead of running or if I should make tmrw the active rest day by just taking Centergy class. I will play it by ear....I tend to be unsure of myself when running on a different TM for the first time so maybe I'll try it tonight and see what happens....If I'm struggling too much then I'll take the rest day alternative. :)

Jen:: If you like to watch tv and fold clothes, I'll bring my crap over and you can have at it! I HATE folding clothes almost as much as I HATE putting them away! :p Sorry the umbrella didn't keep you quite dry enough. Was it raining that hard or was it the wind that caused the problem? Kudos to you for getting out there though! You rock! :D I was trying to find a full body SS or PP premix to do y'day until I realized that most of the premixes were longer then doing PP in full so that's when I decided to just do it as produced. Great work out.

Diana:: Good job at the rec ctr. How was class? Joey will continue to go to the same school. It's just a different program for the summer. They have "daycare" year round (half day or full day) that he is registered for. During the school year it is before/after school care but during the summer it's all day long if you need it. In addition I signed him up for an "Enrichment Class" that he will go to every day in July from 8:30-11:30. Once again, there is before and aftercare when the enrichment class is in session and ofcourse full day is still available if you did not sign up for the enrichment. All that said, he'll basically be going "to school" through the summer from 7:30 or 8:00 am to noon but I can easily keep him home if I want to since it's not the school year. Better then staying home with me all day everyday and going to the gym when I work. I KNOW that wouldn't work out well.....:eek:

Okay, my novel is complete. Let's hope Miss Lori didn't start a thread in the meantime! :p

Last edited:
Good morning all,

Started my personals last night by DS1 called and then it was dinner time. Will try to catch up here without writing a book.

Lunchtime yesterday was S&H back & then Imax 2 after work. My legs were feeling the AOS Firepower during IM pretty badly and I am still feeling them this AM ! Good stuff I guess? What are your thoughts on IM being about 6K steps? That’s what my ped showed. I am guessing some of the jumpy types of moves create more than one step? :confused:

Laura – so very happy to hear Mom is doing better and hope she was a “good girl” at work too. Sounds like you had a very great weekend with both workouts and chillin’ by the pool with friends/family. Good for you – you deserve it after all you have gone through lately. Weather for us has been warmer but I hope it “chills” a bit for you – we are hitting upper 80’s but do not have the humidity you do. Keep us posted on the “weirdness at work”. Does sound funny PIA in training is still gone . . .

Lori – well great for you getting away with friends. Sounds like it was a blast (other than the shooters?) Hope you got enough rest to get back to your peppy self today. Cathe posted her current weekly generic breakdown on the Ask Cathe board – don’t remember the post – I’ll see if I can find it later and will let you know.

Wendy – nice that you could all take a walk last night - wow that Joey walked the whole way - me see's long walks to get your steps in in the future. :p Good for you hitting 10K. I did hit 10K but that was with IM showing more than I think it should be. It sounds like FB workouts will be a better choice for you right now. I think it is fun to be a little sore everywhere rather than just one spot – guess that sounds kinda crazy, but makes me feel like I got a great workout that way.

I may try sending ?’s to Fit Bit because I am curious on how they calculate the calorie burn. I could do it with a ped and activity calculator if it is just through movement. It seems the GWF measures body temp which is a better indicator of calorie burn, I think? Truth be told, I’d rather just figure this all out without a gadget. It surely never used to be this hard ! I’d just cut back on my food portions and eat cleaner and the pounds would melt away in a week. UGH! :mad:

Diana – Now that you mention your program last year, I think running was a key for me too. When I look at my avatar from last year – it was July and I was running to get into some sort of shape for the 10K. I was much leaner. Perhaps I need to scrap all this other “fun” cardio and just hit the road. Too many choices and just not sure what is gonna work here. I am enjoying some of the reminders in Body Fat Solution. Am about half way through – will try to finish this week. Hope you enjoyed your Bootcamp last night. You don’t sound bad saying you want alone time with DH – I can attest that now that my kids are gone it is wonderful not to have to plan for it, it just happens every day. Can you get someone to watch the boys for even a night away – it makes such a difference ! Just follow Jen’s lead . . . LOL ! :rolleyes: IMO she is the queen of the weekend getaways with DSO ! :D

Jen – UGH re: your wet weather. Hope today is not as bad for you. I love playing in the garden but have a lot to do. We don’t have sprinklers so I spend way too much time watering. Just piddle in a few areas and try to make things look decent. Still have lots of ugly landscaping from the previous owners but my DH is soooooo slow. He can get to one small project every two years. Have a nice planter along the back of the house that was finished 5 years ago. Still no dirt in it cuz he wants to put in sprinklers first ! :eek:

Well, sorry about the book - I really need to be posting more often to keep up. Time to get to work. TTFN.

Morning Ladies ..

well I have a few DOMS in my shoulders from BBC yesterday ... could feel them in class last night .. class was excellent .. did plyo on 4 step ... then worked lb/ub/abs in circuits .. today SIL and I are doing BBC arms at lunch .. then tonight is prbly gonna be circuit class .. although I am thinking about doing my core/matt class .. have not done that one in a while .. ?? . we will see . .

It was 80 degrees this morning :confused: another scorcher on tap for today .. more heat advisories .. my big doggies are doing well in the pool room .. Toots got in there b-4 I asked her to this morning .. LOL .. they know they got it made :cool:

Wendy .. your walk sounds like fun . . and kudos to DS making it w/o the stroller .. you are gonna make him a fitness freak .. my DN loves to exercise .. he has grown up watching me and his mother exercise every day :) kinda makes me proud!!! :)

Jen .. LOL about the walk and hair in the rain ... I prbly would have said forget it .. LOL!!! although it is so hot here a nice little walk in the rain would feel awesome!!!

Di .. you are gonna have to make and schedule a "date night" for you and DH .. IMHO they are a necessity .. especially when you are juggling careers - home - and kids!!!!

Lori .. I have GOT to start back running .. can not tell you the last run I logged .. YIKES .. it has been TOO LONG!!!

Jacque .. what is on tap for you today??

OK .. gotta run ..work is still uneasy and weird .. better not stay on Cathe.com too long :confused::eek: ... the internet police might be spying on us .. :confused: ..have a great one girlies ... I will BBL to check in w/you!!! :D

Hi ladies,

Bootcamp was a goodie last night. We did harness runs, (trainer matched me up with the only guy there last night). It was tough. The last part of class was spent in groups-running to different colored discs scattered throughout the football field. Each disc had an activity taped to the the bottom of it. The activities included 50 yd dash, 5 hill runs, 50 dips, back pedal 100 yds, 50 pushups, walking lunges, pullups, planks etc. We did a lot of running and pushups, my pecs are sore today.

Had some house things to take care of this morning so no workout for me. Hopefully I can make it to the rec ctr for a cardio activity. Also will be leaving work a tad early to get to Jerod's baseball game.

Wendy-How nice that the whole family enjoyed a walk last night. Sometimes I get Jerod to go to bootcamp with me and he actually likes it.:D He doesn't care for running so he doesn't care for those nights but we never really know what's in store for us. It's nice for Joey to have some time each day with kids his own age and is a nice break for you too!

Jacque-I too am struggling with my weight. I'm reigning in the food this week and increasing my water intake. Also, I finally got a call from the rec ctr so will be scheduling my nutrition evaluation soon.

Laura-the temps here are in the 80's and our air conditioner isn't working properly!:mad: It froze up while we were on vacation but we thought is was going to be okay. Apparently not, DH is calling an HVAC expert to come take a look at it. It's 15yrs old and probably should be replaced with a more energy efficient model anyway. We'll have to see...

Lori-all your running posts has been encouraging me to start running again. I had intended on running this morning but didn't sleep very well last night and had a hard time getting up. Hope you are having a great day.

bbl

Good afternoon, all!

I've been trying to be a productive employee all day, but my eyes are starting to cross so I'm taking a little "unofficial" break.

This morning I popped in MM and did the upper body premix and 20 minutes on the elliptical. I also got out for my lunchtime walk without the rain today. No sun, but no rain either :)

Wendy: Your walk last night sounds like fun. Good family quality time and exercise to boot! So what did you decide re: a rest day? It was kind of windy yesterday and I think that's what caused me to get wet. It wasn't coming down very hard, but the wind was just enough to make it fly sideways. I think I need one of those big, giant golf umbrellas. Sure, I'll be happy to fold your laundry...on one condition...you do all my dusting!! Ugh, I HATE dusting.

Jacque: Way to go getting that lunchtime workout in yesterday! I'll bet 6k for Imax is pretty darn close. That's about three miles, and when you consider the length of the workout versus how long it would take you to do three miles at a jog, it's probably nearly equivalent. I'd offer to do an Imax with the GWF on to compare, but I'm not crazy :p ;) (I'm also not sure I'm ready for that yet.)

Laura: Still waiting for you to send some of that heat up this way! It's breezy and cool today :mad: Seriously NOT June 23rd weather. I'm sure it has something to do with the nor'easter hanging around :rolleyes: Hoping that moves out very soon.

Diana: Bootcamp last night sounds like a good one! Hope your a/c is working correctly soon.

'Spose I should get back to work. Two loooooong hours left. Hopefully the coffee I just brewed helps me through it :)

BBS~

Jen

Afternoon girlies ..

BBC arms was tough . gosh either I am worn out or a whimp ... I forgot how hard these w/o were ... and how many reps .. I tried to do 10# weights on tris and bis and it whooped me bad .. I had to drop down to 8# on tris .. but pushed thru the 10# ones on bis .. dang the reps were around 20 - 30 reps each set :confused: and PUSHUPS .. WTH .. forgot he did those on the arm one .. tonight I have a zillion pushups in my core/matt class :confused: may have to rearrange some sets .. wouldnt want the teacher to poop out in front of the class :eek:

Di .. oohhh I would so be passing out if our air was not working ... it feels like you step out into a sauna when you leave the building .. everything on you wilts and melts .. NASTY hot!!! AC is a MUST!!!

OK .. 2 more loooong stressfull hours here ... still feeling that bad undercurrent and no PIA in training in sight yet .. and NO WORD on it either!!! :confused::confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.