Damage Control...Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning.

Well, I don't feel fantastic but atleast I can breathe through my nose this morning (knock on wood) which is more then I can say for yesterday. I also didn't have to get up at some ungodly hour just because I was uncomfortable. I am still not counting on a work out this afternoon but will play it by ear.

Diana: No worries on the heavy leg work. Your strength will come back in no time!!!! If I can still breathe later on I will probably attempt some type of cardio. I need to do that plus a leg work out. I also want to try Chalene's Kickin' Core work out I just got which is a circuit work out of cardio and core work. That's my plan for the next 2 days before beginning week 3 of Lean. :) I just got Cathe's weighted gloves but haven't used them yet. I have the TJ gloves which are 2 pounds each instead of 1. I can really feel it when I do a TJ work out with them on as compared to not wearing them. Perhaps you should look into 2# gloves??

Jen: Run girl run!!!! :D How r the abs this morning?

Jacque: Homemade chicken soup? You think I make that?? HAH! Not a chance baby! LOL :p I *think* you can sub in a variation of push ups for the incline bench press. I think a push up with your backside slightly raised in the air to push you forward a bit will put more of the work on the upper chest which is what is worked during the incline BB press. HTH.

Guess that's all for now but I'll be back!:cool:

Mornin' ladies!!

Just a fly by atm to quickly report that not only did I manage a workout today, but I did Burn Intervals! I really like that workout. Abs are still sore...but doing better obviously.

Will bbl~

Jen

Mornin' Girls,

I just finished C&B, week 3 of meso 3. Frankly, I don't have the equipment to this week's w/o to the best of my ability. My heaviest DB is 35lbs and my w/o card has 1 arm rows at 47lbs. Even using my weighted glove only adds 1lb. The same goes for bench press, its a real struggle trying to lift 35# db's into position. I went as heavy as I could safely lift with the equipment I have available. I would highly recommend a weight bench for this mesocycle.

Oh, I knew I spoke too soon yesterday. Shoulder are sure feeling the weighted gloves used in KPC yesterday. My inner thighs are a tad sore too from the plie squats yesterday. Legs in general are a problem area for me but inner thighs especially.

I have tri-training tonight so I'm not sure if I'll w/o at lunch or not. If I do it will either be just a walk or the elliptical at the rec ctr.

Wendy-Glad you are feeling a bit better today. I think I will look into the 2# gloves at beach body. Kickin' Core sounds awesome and fun too. Chalene's personality is great.

Jen-Burn Intervals is a goodie. Probably best not to hit the weights until you feel comfortable with it. At this point I'm sure you don't want a setback.

Jacque-I think your'e right, a few weeks of heavier training and plyo legs will certainly help me out. I try to do between 12-15 reps. Heavy is a relative term, my legs are pretty strong and I've had the most improvement using heavy wts for leg training. I'm looking forward to using the wii fit- I just don't know when I'll have the time.

Time to shower and head to work. Have a great day ladies and I'll bbl to see what everyone is up to.:)

Morning ladies !

Another running by before work . . .

Wendy - glad to hear you can at least breathe today. Nothing worse than a plugged nose ! Good to hear you may take a second rest day - I hate it when it doesn't fit in with my plans, but know that pushing it doesn't help. Hope the day gets better for you.

Thanks for the push up idea. I'll see if my shoulders will handle that - Meso 1 was a killer with just about anything other than straight push ups, many of the variations didn't work for me either. I'll play around with that next week and see what happens.

Jen - GREAT JOB on getting a good workout in ! Hope your boss "hides" in her office today for a bit so you can check back in here ! ;)

Diana - I have the TJ gloves that came with a few CD's - they are the blue ones and I'm not very happy with them. They are pretty light weight and very uncomfortable. I did see some weighted gloves at Wally World a bit ago. Thinking I might go grab a set of the adjustable ones. Will let you know if I get there soon.

Laura - No PIA today ! At least she'll only be there a couple days this week - kind of a slow transition back, huh? :D How was your triple class last night?

Lori - are you doing an STS today? Thought you started up again a few days ago . . . ?

Be back later gators !

Hello ladies ...

Triple circuits was great last night .. time flew by .. and my bis and tris can tell they have been worked ..and abs too!!! :D .. STS chest and back done at lunch .. YOWZA is my chest and shoulders singing ... no UB work tonight in class for sure .. tonight is going to be a mish mosh of plyo work - matt work - and core work .. should be a sweatfest and a burner!! :) The tummy is better so I think I can handled the impact :p

Wendy .. glad you are feeling better ... I hate head colds .. so far the Zyrtec is working for my allergy head .. pollen is HORRIBLE down here ... everything blooming and pecan trees .. now they are beginning to plant :confused: no rest for the weary allergies ..... LOL .. glad you are feeling better girlie!! HEY BTW .. we are planning our Vegas trip .. wooohooooo .... gonna be a hot one though .. but cha-ching-cha-ching I am ready!! Wanna go??

Jen . . good job on getting w/o done .. watch those abs ..

Di .. WOW at the weight you are using and could be going heavier???? OK .. NOW I KNOW the Wii fit is lying!!!!!! :p

Jacque .. yes last PIA free day ... wonder how boss is going to handle all of the messes she caused and I had to clean up .. ??? .. my guess is NOTHING ...

Lori .. hope that snow is melting .. it is HOT here .. 88 degrees .. and MUGGY .. supposed to get MORE rain . . yuck .. this is the most rainfall we have had in years!!! .. which is a good thing .. but the mosquitos are rabid this year :confused:

OK .. it is kinda busy today .. boss is ILLLLLLLL .. WOAH .. not sure what is up w/that .. PIA??? or PIA in training (not doing work again) .. ??? .. anyway I am steering clear ... lol .. have a great day .. and I will BBL to check in ...

Popping back in at lunch -

Laura - so when are you planning this Vegas trip? Is it a couples trip or girlies only? Good to hear last night was a worthwhile workout and your belly is doing better. STS leave me sore every time since we got past
Meso 1.

I'm running off to see if I can find a decent hotel for a night - DH has a birthday on Friday - his last before he finally makes it past half a century ! :eek:

Finally a moment to check in...Tuesday nights are DS's guitar lesson nights, and his teacher come to our house for the lesson. It's super convenient, but it also means that I have to do something about the mess we leave trying to get out of here on time in the morning. So it's a quick bite when I get home and then an attack on the chaos that is this house at the end of the day! Man, we are slobs in the morning :mad:

Plus, not to complain...but I was also up half the night letting the dog out to go the bathroom. Something didn't agree with her :rolleyes: So she's start pacing and wimpering and pacing and wimpering, and I'd lay there for a few minutes contemplating the risk of not getting up to let her out, which obviously just wasn't an option for several reasons...but oh it wasn't fun having to get up! I couldn't help but think, "Hey, my babies are grown, why do I have to do this?" But yeah, I know...it would have been MUCH worse having to clean up a mess at that time of the night.

So what I mean is, Oh, I'm so freakin' tired tonight ;)

Wendy: How ya holdin' up with that cold? Doing any better?

Diana: Your weights are very impressive. I wonder if you could add resistance (though I don't know why you'd want to ;)) by using a band along with a dumbell like Cathe does in some of her other workouts. I'm sure it would depend on the exercises.

Jacque: Did you have any luck with your search for a hotel? Are you traveling far? That's very nice of you to pamper DH like that :)

Laura: So when are we going to Vegas? {jk} But I've never been and it's something I'd definitely like to see one day. Sounds like this is something you do every year ?

Yay, I hear the lesson wrapping up which means I'm minutes away from climbing under my covers (if I can get the kids to fend for themselves tonight.) Will be back in the a.m. 'Night all~

Jen

Just poppin' in to say no work out for me today. Felt awful during most of my shift at work. Came home and took a nap which helped...but not enough for a work out. :(

Off to bed with me now. I'll catch up with personals in the morning.

Good night peeps! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.