Damage Control...Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I think today is going to be a rest day...unless I can figure out a way to get around it. :p:D

Jacque: Okay...what is a prawn!?!? :confused: So didja' hit the bed as soon as dinner was done? :p Sorry about the achy shoulder during your work out. That's a bummer. My shoulder was bothering me last night too but it was from playing with my dog! :D I was playing tug of war with him. I wasn't even really pulling. I was just holding the darned toy still and a few minutes after we stopped playing my shoulder started killing me! It was really hurting when I went to bed. Thank goodness it seems to be fine now though. So you actually have to figure out PERCENTAGES in STS!? Crap! :eek: LOL Thanks for explaining that double wave loading thing. I had no idea and was wondering what it meant. :) I thought Laura was only staying in Biloxi for one overnight??

Lori: Wuz up, girl? How's Rylan doing? Can I come on vacation with you?? LOL If you didn't leave already! I can't remember when you said you were going-DOH! :eek:

Diana: I am sure you are just busy with life. Hope you stop by today! :)

Angie: If you are reading this..I miss you! Hope all is well! Post soon, okay? :)

BBL.

Last edited:
Hey Damage Controllers!! Good Morning!

Mind if I join you all again? I'm the prodigal damage controller returning...:p It has been a long, trying winter, and I haven't done a real workout since December 4th :(, but I'm just about to turn the corner and almost ready to start again. Every day I'm feeling a little bit closer to my normal self and am eager to get back into the game.

So who here is doing STS? I got mine back in January. What a downer that was, knowing I was in no physical shape for that. In fact, I still haven't opened the box yet. I couldn't even look. For those of you doing it, how do you like it?

I'm think about ordering CLX though....it's seems like it might be slightly less intense than STS. Or maybe it just seems less serious, more fun? Idk, but I want something that will keep me motivated and won't discourage me at first. So fun factor is a must :D I'll appreciate all your comments.

Hope all is well with everyone ~

Jen

Okay, I just ate a 400 calorie breakfast and I'm not supposed to work out today. I am hoping both of these factors will help keep yesterday's tape worm at bay! It's another deficit cal day for me and I don't want to feel like I'm STARVING again! :eek:

JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Welcome back girl! OFCOURSE you are welcome to come back. We missed you! :) Glad you are finally on the road to absolute recovery. We often wondered how you were doing.

I cancelled my STS pre-order so I can't comment on that (though I DO intend to ask for it as a Christmas present this year!). I did, however, order CLX and am in the Push phase right now. I LOVE IT! It's not easy by any means but the work outs are shorter then STS so it allows an easier fit into a tight schedule and leaves time for add-ons if you wish. :)

Wendy!!! So glad to be back! How are you and yours, girl??

Your comments on CLX are exactly what I was looking for. I definitely like the idea of shorter workouts. Sixty+ minutes of working out to start off is sooooo intimidating. Will probably order that today! Are you still a coach?

Morning Damage Controllers !

Wendy - Prawns are very large shrimp - I did fall asleep very shortly after dinner - the prawns weren't cleaned so dinner started at 9 PM :eek: Shoulder is a bit sore but always is after chest & shoulders. If you are like me, I am not nearly as hungry when I don't work out. Remember veggies if you get hungry - they are filling and low in cals !

For STS there is a 1 Rep Max calculator that you go through exercises, log how many you did at whatever wt you used and it figures them out for you for the entire program. Some people estimated, I did lots of exercises and could then gauge the rest. Then every week I go to the "workout card" section and print them out. After a couple of weeks it is much easier to adjust when need be. The idea is to push yourself to add wt to make sure you are increasing strength - in addition to the way she works the muscles, my strength is definitely increasing.

Jen - Woo Hoo glad to see you are getting close to working out again. What a nightmare you went through for such a long time. STS is very tough and the workouts are exhausting. There are some comparisons between STS & CLX both on this forum and VF I believe if you want to see what others have to say. I would venture my opinion based upon what I have read, that CLX is a great workout and not quite as strenuous as STS. I am thinking about doing that after STS to keep the strength gains. Not sure I want to do STS during the gorgeous summer and CLX would keep the workouts a bit shorter.

Back later . . . enjoy the day (we have rain :( )

Hi ladies,

I was a total sloth this weekend. I didn't do anything, no housework, no workouts, no shopping-NOTHING. For some reason I just didn't feel like doing anything. Of course now I'm trying to figure out how to get everything done this week.

Yesterday's CST, double wave load was pretty tough. I couldn't really do the dbl wave load the way its intended but did the best I could. My weights go up in 5lb increments from 15's to 35's and I don't have plate mates or hand weights. Just the same, it was a hard w/o. Meltdown class was tough too. We had to do the running carrying handweights above our heads-that is hard!! It was a bunch of cardio intervals using the bosu, step, long hallway for running, shuffles etc.

This morning I was up extra early to get ds to his MESA program and get myself to work early. I did 4ds bootcamp cardio only as I'm still trying to get in 6 days of cardio. Last week I only managed 5 days. Next Monday is my last meltdown class. Our instructor will be doing a 7 week triathlon training class at 5:30 am. It actually sounds fun but I don't think I could function that early (in a group setting).

I have an all day meeting tomorrow from 8-5. Hopefully I can get myself up early enough to get legs done in the morning. Hmmm, maybe I can do it tonight while I'm doing laundry....decisions, decisions.

Wendy-Sorry Sal is not working this week. Hopefully things will turn around soon for him. Enjoy your rest day!

Lori-you are crazy girl!!! Doing CC at 10pm! I guess you get that w/o in no matter what. You really make me feel like a slacker. Isn't it nice to have a successful shopping trip!!

Jacque-the bench requires a 6ft bb? Well if I do get one, I'm going to get an olympic bar (6ft, 45lbs). That would make it so much easier to go heavier, especially for legs.

Jen-Welcome back. When do you have to go back to work? Jacque and I are doing STS, the 3 month program. We are in the middle of month 2. I also have CLX, they are tough but shorter workouts. The weight w/o's are around 30minutes and the two cardio's-one is about 45 min and the other is 25 min intervals-fun fun! Maybe you should start off with just walking. You don't want to do too much too soon. Is your digestion getting any better? Feel better soon.

Laura-Hope you are winning Big Bucks in Biloxi.

bbl

Hello ladies ..

I am back at the asylum .. LAST DAY W/PIA for FOUR WHOLE WEEKS :D:D:D happy dancing all around my cubicle :D:D:D

We had a BLAST in Biloxi .. OMG .. sooooooo much fun .. DH and I were not winners .. I didnt loose much $60 ... my mother broke even and my DB hit BIG!!!!! :D I didnt even get to play dice ... but OMG .... it was a wonderful trip!! Diet blown to H### and back ... :eek: .. so it is ALL CARDIO class tonight!! the trip put me a little behind on STS.. hoping to do CST tomorrow!

Wendy ... I hate to even count or think about the calories I consumed this weekend .. although SAT night .. we were having so much fun playing we missed supper!! :confused: and SUN missed breakfast .. then YSTDY I missed lunch :confused: sooooooooo not really sure where my calories were this weekend .. too many in CABS for sure :eek::D

Di .. I spoke too soon about the cold weather .. we are under a freeze warning tonight :confused: OK .. it was 86 degrees SUN .. and 80 degrees MON .. and tonight to get down to 30 :confused: but only for one night ... supposed to warm back up and be nice after tonight!

Jen .. glad to see ya back up and raring to go .. we have been thinking about you .. you sure have been thru it .. but you will be hitting the gym and weights soon enough. STS is hard .. and fun ... think if you decided on it (which man it is my favorite program BY FAR .. great investment) ... you could probably NOT do the heavier weights to start out .. build back up .. then by the time it ends you should have your endurance back and can start all over again!:)

Jacque .. 9:00 pm is about our average time on when we eat at night .. I dont get home till 7:30 .. so that puts supper late (even w/DH cooking most of the time)

Lori .. CC at 10:00 pm ??? have you lost your mind!!:eek: Kudos to you kiddo!!! How is Rylan?? I have not had a chance to check the prv posts!!! Hope all is well w/him!!

.. my VBF just lost her cat last week and this weekend her mother got put into the hospital (some kind of gastrointestinal problem).. and VBF has a cold/virus she can barely talk .. she is having a horrible time right now .. I sent some flowers ... but what can you do ?? she has to run the daycare they own together ... just so much on her shoulders right now ... . bless her heart!!!

OK .. gotta to get back to work .. have a great day and great sweaty w/os :D

Just a quick post for now to let Jen know that I am no longer a BB coach. Thanks for thinking of me though. :) I will say that you are probably better off ordering through a coach though. You get much better customer service that way. Just go to www.teambeachbody.com and sign up (it's free) and they will automatically assign you a coach. Or if you want, I can give my coach's info and you can sign up directly under him so that he'll be your coach. Up to you! :)

Wendy, thanks for the info. I'm not sure I'll sign up with a coach or not...probably will just order it up and look forward to it getting here. I won't need it for a few more weeks anyway.

Thanks for the warm welcome back, ladies!!

Jacque, glad to hear you're enjoying STS. Exhausting is NOT for me right now though. I'm def sold on CLX, and I just confirmed with my bank account that I can order it up :) Thanks for your comments. Sorry to hear your dealing with rain in sunny California today! I know exactly how you feel and am aching for some warmer, sunnier weather! This winter was the pits.

Diana, no worries about the "sloth" weekend! I've still got you beat ;) Everybody needs some downtime once in a while...so don't feel guilty about it one bit!! Sounds like you made up for it with your workout yesterday anyway :eek: I'm starting to feel a little better, but admittedly not great. In some ways, this round of recovery is harder than the first one. I'm definitely going to take it slow at first...very slow...like walking and Wii fit for the next couple weeks. But I've lost a lot of muscle so I'm looking to find something effective and CLX seems like it might be a good fit. Won't do anything until I get clearance from the doc, but as soon as I do, I want to be ready to go. Not sure when I'm returning to work...I'm in no shape at the moment. Maybe in three weeks or so??

Laura, hope you had a CAB for me in Biloxi ;) Glad to hear you had such a blast! I agree that it's going to be a gradual build up back to the heavier weights. Ugh...hope it doesn't take too long. Sooooo ready to be back to normal! Enjoy your time without the PIA! Where's she going, anyway?

Well, guess I'll attempt some laundry or something so I'll get one thing accomplished today :rolleyes: Will bbl to see if anyone has popped back in.

Jen

Back for a few . . .

Diana - I know just how you felt this past weekend - I'm sure you remember me almost never making it through a week where I didn't get my workouts in and was very sluggish. At least you are back to your more usual routine this week ! I think we all need to just veg sometimes and forget our normal routines. Don't know about you, but after I have had a bout like that I am soooo ready to jump back in with both feet. ;)

Now I know what an Olympic bar is - knew they were lots larger in diameter but didn't think they weighed that much ! Wow ! With a 45 lb I wouldn't be able to do curls with my scrawny little arms ! :eek: Well the Avs play the Sharks tonight ! Has Joe made it back yet or is he out for the remainder of the season?

Laura - good to hear you had a blast and now will be PIA free soon ! Yee Haww ! ! ! Just what are you gonna do with yourself girl? Perhaps all your happy dancing will burn off some of the CABS from the weekend? Ha !

We are with you on the weather - had sunny and high 70's this weekend (burned my poor little back while I was planting the veggies) and now rain (just in time to wash away the seeds? ! ) I don't like eating late because I fall asleep right afterward and I know that it isn't good for me. I have wondered if eating earlier would matter with my weight? Don't think I'll ever know . . . :(

Sorry to hear about VBF and her bad luck lately. So nice of you to send flowers - it is so hard when there isn't much you can do to help, huh?

Jen - I can't wait to hear how you like CLX when you get the chance to play with it. Sounds like a great plan to get started back into the "exercise world", walking and Wii ! :p

Well Step Blast is on the list for tonight - sounds like it will be right up my alley as I am dogging it here at work now. Kinda tired and also tired of focusing.

Hope everyone has a nice evening - Let's see . . . Lori is off and she has dared not to "speak" to us today? WTH ? :D

So today's cardio was Step Heat, not Step Blast. Man oh man, lots of arm movements that reminded me I worked Chest yesterday. Did help stretch them out a bit.

Back in the AM ! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.