Damage Control Tuesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

Feelin' a bit better this morning. If the feeling holds I will attempt my work out this afternoon: Push Circuit #2. :D

Jacque: The cardio I did between the weight work was tough so I was huffin' and puffin' but yeah, it was nice "break" from the heavy lifting. It may have enabled me to lift even heavier!

Laura: I don't really think it's allergies for me. This kind of stuff doesn't happen often enough. My BF on the other hand...holy crap...I don't see why she doesn't just LIVE on allergy meds! She is always a mess with her sinuses, etc. I'll have to ask her if her doc ever suggested or prescribed an allergy med to her! OMG, what a horrible way to "celebrate" your Birthday with your mom going in for major surgery. Your poor DH. :( Did you buy him something good? You will just have to take his mind off his troubles that day, Laura...;););)

Diana: That's so cool that your DH took your son out to celebrate his 21st! My mom was the first to take me out for mine! She made sure of that! LOL My birthday was on a friday and I was working in her office at the time so she and a bunch of the people I was friendly with at our office went out after work. She bought me my very first "legal" drink which ended up being a shot! LOL She wouldn't let anyone else buy anything for me until she did. She took me to A/C for the first time, she took me to the horse races for the first time and actually, when I turned 18 she took me to see the Chippendales in NYC! I love my mom! :D I have been thinking about Jen myself and also considered PM'ing her. Did you do that yet? One of us should. :)

That's all for now. BBL!

Hi Ladies,

Well our plans got changed and we all ended up taking DS out for dinner. DH will still be taking him out but it won't be on a work night. DS didn't get home until 4am Monday morning and had to be to work at 8am so he was beat last night. I had salmon and steamed broccoli. yum!

After we got home from dinner I went downstairs to start some laundry and decided I would preview my next disc. Well I ended up doing it and its a goodie. I'm not feeling any DOM's yet but I certainly expect to be by the end of the day. I definitely see the need for weight bench. I only used 60lbs for the bench press and it was hard to sit in my lap, roll back and lift into position. I could've gone heavier if I had a bench.

Wendy-Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I liked the Push phase better than the Burn phase. Similarly, I like meso 2 better than meso 1. It's just the type of lifting style I prefer. Fortunately Cathe mixes things up so I get a good variety. I did pm Jen but I haven't heard back from her. I'll let you know if I do.

Jacque-Did you see that, I did get my w/o in last night so I'm not behind. If I don't get myself downstairs I will miss my morning w/o. I hate early meetings.

bbl

Morning Ladies ..

cardio kickboxing was just what I needed .. felt strong .. and sweated out all of those CABS ... the UB definition is showing .. those punches really "looked good" .. LOL .. can tell w/SIL too .. she is so much smaller than me .. my arms look like hunga bunga arms next to hers .. but she is getting some muscles built up .. :)

DH goes to see his mother and spend some time w/her . might stay the night .. but she goes to sleep at 7:00 .. and he is not used to sleep so not sure how he is going to handle that .. if he comes home we both will go up tomorrow for her surgery (yes his on his b-day) . . I pray everything will be fine ...

Wendy - glad you are feeling better!! :) Yeah .. I will have to give DH some extra TLC .. he has a large family and his mother is the center of it .. so he is really worried!! I dread the waiting w/the family .. his brothers are fine .. but the sister and one of the SIL .. YOWZA .. they are kinda hard to take!! :confused: will be taking the duct tape to the hospital w/me .. LOL .. and just concentrate on my sweetie pie!!

Di .. you couldn't stand it .. went ahead and did the w/o .. I KNEW you would like this meso cycle .. since you like the traditional w/o and heavier w/o .. I like it b/c you know what is coming next ... and how many you have left to do .. no surprises.... LOVING MY STS!!!

Lori .. still saying the prayers for your little one and your family ... {{{hugs}}}

Jacque .. the active recovery week is essential!!! :) now you will feel renewed and ready to take on that extra weight!!!

OK .. today at lunch is either STS chest/shoulders or a power walk.. I left the STS at the house .. so if DH makes it to town in time we will do it .. if not it will be extra cardio .. tonight is plyo/LB no weight and heavy weight class ..

YUP .. I miss Jen and Angie .. hoping all is ok!!! come back girlies!!!

Have a great one!:D

Hey Girls.

I finished Push 2 not too long ago and felt fantastic through the whole thing! Awesome work out! :D Like a dork I initially forgot about adding cardio to the work out so I opted to do the work out as is and then did my own little interval cardio work out afterwards. I did ten 1 min high intensity cardio drills with 30 seconds of rest in between each. I was huffin' and puffin' away. It was great! ;)

Gotta shower up now. Heading to mom's this afternoon since I was supposed to go y'day and didn't.

BBL or in the morning!

Hey there girlfriends !

I didn't get here to post during the day but did read ! :p Plan for tonight's workout is Cathe's suggestion of BodyMax2 Cardio Timesaver and Abs. Got home too late to run outdoors cuz I was busy at Walmart looking for a weight bench set. I know the one I want, Gold's Gym XRS20, and they show there are 3 in stock (including the demo) but the other 2 are not out in the store. Will call tomorrow to see if the Sporting goods person can find it in the back.

Wendy - great news you are feeling better and got your workout in. Way to go by adding the cardio afterwards - I'll never forget the time I did IMax blasts first and then the step. Whoopped my bootay ! Enjoy the evening at Mom's !

Diana - well good you had a nice night out for DS's bday. Mine always go out with their friends :( but then again, who wants to hang with their Mom on a day like that - at least not my two youngest ! ;) Good job on the food side of things too ! Have to pick up some salmon here soon - we haven't had it for quite a while and it is sooo yummy !

I'm not so sure I'll be going too much heavier than 60 on the press, even with a weight bench. Started taking my glucosimine pills again since my shoulders are really creaking with the heavy weights. I have to adjust the positioning of the "pushing up" angle or I can't do it without pain. And I so love that move. Will keep working at it and possibly see a doc if I get stuck here for too long. Nice job sticking to the rotation - I'm looking forward to a bit of a shorter workout tomorrow - though it is interesting legs is next. I kinda liked it on Friday's because I don't have to climb stairs the following day (I'm on the 2nd floor at work) and I like to do a longer workout on Sat - will try to make them runs that day.

Laura - Great to hear last nite's class was good and that you and SIL are seeing results from STS. I am seeing new little positives every day now and am lovin' it. Hope this new Meso will shake it up even more !

Hoping all went well with MIL and DH is OK. Bummer of a birthday, but as we get older as long as we have a chance to celebrate with those we love the actual date isn't quite as important.

Off to hit my workout hard ! Need to burn of some energy here ! :eek:

OK - thought I had loads of energy but just about the end of the last blast I could barely get my feet on the step. Doing it on a 8" step sure makes a difference ! Pushed through half the abs and that was about it. Didn't even attempt the "plates" portion - though it looks very challenging !

Over 500 cals in 53 minutes ! Whew !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.