DAMAGE CONTROL.....TUESDAY

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Lovlies!

Its a run and abs for me before work. I didnt have to go back into work last night and it was a good thing cause I was zonked!:confused: I was like a zombie. I think it was those tylenol 3's I took. Oh well....I wasn't in any pain:D

Yesterday at work I had a little melt down. I don't think the pain was any worse then the past 2 days when it acted up but I just couldn't take it anymore. Good people shouldn't be in pain! And I consider myself to be a good person!:rolleyes::) Anyway....started to cry, couldn't control it any longer. I called DH and he then tracked down my dentist again, whom I didn't think was working, but he was. He then called me, asked me if I was sure I wanted the tooth out....( I never did convince him) so he wrote me ANOTHER perscription for some more antibitoics,that will leave my belly bad and a bad taste in my mouth:mad: Oh well! I don't think my boss knew what to do and when I started to cry he just left! LOL He went into his office and wouldn't come out:p I think it made him feel uncomfortable! When DH called he told him that I didn't need to be at work like that, funny thing was...he didn't tell me that! Never once did he mention going home.

I have some SERIOUS DOMS in my shoulders today ( I sound like Laura;))! Ouch! I like that kind of pain!:) DH also downloaded the nutrition plan for P90X and I think I am going to follow the fat shredder diet (the best I can) .It seems pretty doable,minus the fact that its only 1 carb a day, plus fruit, so I am trying to figure out when to eat that carb. Midday could be o.k?

So what would you ladies do considering STS? I am leaving for FL in 4 weeks but am due to take a week off in there somewhere before starting Meso #2, right? Im thinking...about not taking the week off and then when I return,starting all over again and finishing the whole 3 monthes.I know the week of is important BUT I am going to be gone for 10 days. Add that into getting home, unpacking, working....it will probably be 2 weeks before I lift a weight. There is a gym in the town that we are staying in that I will definitly be going to for a run in the a.m but I may not bother with weights.

Wendy** Nope...didn't want to be preggers:) Atleast not right now! My luck I would pop out right away so i would just look like a girl with a pop belly in my swim suit:eek: I have heard of that happening to babies before. Unfortunatly it never looks good for the baby. Many, many surgeries. What are your workout plans today? glad to hear you squeezed a pain free run in yesterday!

Laura** Any DOMS today?:) I feel like I am being the PIA at work...crying to my boss....blah...blah....:rolleyes: There aren't enough of us left to have a PIA. Although the girl that is suppose to be working for me sat and sun night wanted to book a trip to Cuba that left today, which means i would have had to work my full weekend. She couldn't get anything though.

Diana** DId you make it to meltdown class last night? I don't enjoy Imax 2 as much as 3 either. I hate interval #3. All those one leg hops seem to go on forever!

Jaqcue** Well, thats a releif about the pushups! I don't mind them but I guess we are doing them in place of chest press b/c the only other move there is for chest is flyes. I wonder does cathe plan on making a imformercial? Got the P90X diet now. Its not as complicated as I thought it was the first time I seen it. I think i am going to give it a go.

Eating yesterday was good. Probably b/c my mouth is falling apart!

Alrighty...gotta get this workout started!

Lori

Last edited:
Good Morning All. :)

Today's work out is BC #2. My lower body feels better after last night's yoga/stretch. Time to pummel it again! :p :D

Lori: Sorry you had a bad night at work last night. Do like the guy did in Castaway! Just yank that tooth out your damn self! You even have one up on that guy as you have pain killers so it won't hurt as much as it hurt him! LOL ;) Oooooh....Shoulder DOMS...I had some fierce shoulder DOMS on vacation after doing Push Circuit #1 and Burn Intervals back to back one day! That's 30ish minutes of heavy lifting followed by 45 minutes of endurance lifting with cardio. OMG I could barely lift my arms! LOL

So I finally got in touch with the Aftercare program at DS' school. The cost is reasonable so I will start looking for a job as soon as I can get my resume together. I put one together when I was sending out resumes to try and get a training job. Unfortunately I lost it when my old computer crashed and don't have an extra hard copy anywhere. :mad:

Well, off I go for now. I'll be back this afternoon or tonight some time!:)

Ugh...I feeeeeel soooooooooooooo lazy! I think I got up to early!:confused: I get to sleep in the next 3 mornings though:D Anything after 5'ish is sleeping in in my books!

I didn't get the ab work done today. I forgot that my dvd player doesn't work without the remote and I have no clue where the remote is:mad: And DH removed the other dvd player a couple of days ago. So I went right into my run. I did CC# 7, minus the last challenge (didn't have time) . I did 6 miles in 55 mins.

Stupid scale was up today! Must be the stupid, stupid, meds I am taking for my stupid, stupid tooth!:eek:

Wendy** What kind of job are you looking for? Are you looking for another PT job to go with what you are working now or something totally different. My SIL as child care all sorted out...with no job! LOL She thought for sure she would get a job in no time but still no luck. She is in human resources so she is looking for a certain kind of job that pays a certain salary. She also have to pay child care for 2 kids so she needs to make it worth her while.
This is the first time I have had serious DOMS in my shoulders! Shoulders is a hard place to get DOMS!

I should get something to eat I suppose. My pill diet is getting old!

Lori:rolleyes:

MOrning Ladies!

I am feeling much better today ... but still have lingering DOMS in the calves and chest area .. the shoulders and tris are lots better .. so are the legs!! :) .. last night was ALL cardio and 10 min abs ... it was VERY painful for my calves .. I applied "Freeze It" to all my DOMing areas and smelled like a mentholated old lady!! :eek: but hey ..got me thru the w/o .. SIL was worse than me .. she had to stop to stretch SEVERAL times .. was cramping up too much!! It was a sweatfest .. the air was heavy and humid and they did not have the air one .. we looked like drowned rats after class ....

Today is a short walk/run at lunch ... then tonights class is my 4 step plank/plyo/pushup/core torture class :confused: poor poor poor chest!!

Lori .. if the denstist gave you more antibiotics he must want you to do the root canal/crown.... think I would call and discuss your timeframe w/him and nail down a time to get it done b-4 your trip ..b/c it sounds so painful you sure dont want that ruining your vacation!!! It hurts me to read about it!!:confused:

Wendy ... good run and no pain .. WOOOHOOO!!! I will take the excuse that I am doing my class AND STS as the reason I am so sore .. instead of me being a big whimpy!! LOL .. thanks for trying to make me feel better ;):p!!! So what kind of job are you going to be looking for?? How is Sal doing .. any work yet??

Jacque .. so how is the active recovery week going?? I for one LOVED mine!! But be forewarned when you start back .. YOWZA!!!!

Di .. how about you??? I can see the reasoning for the rest week for sure!! LOL

OK .. gotta run .. PIA is here today :eek: (knock on wood) .. seems fine .. imagine that!! LOL ... ok have a great one .. I will BBL to check inw/you girlies!!:D

Hi Ladies,

Have serious shoulder dom's today! I'm sure it's from the tubing we used last night in the meltdown class. I was talking to our trainer last night and she thinks I should teach cardio classes. She thinks I would be a great teacher. I've thought of doing this before but like Laura says, you don't make enough to live on. It would have to be a part time thing.

This morning was 4ds KB/BC cardio only. Then I had to rush in to work just to find out that the main person needed in the meeting wasn't here. She showed up to the meeting 20 minutes late.

I'm not sure if I have time for a lunch workout but I should be able to get out for a walk. I hate having all these meetings, they really cut into my workout schedule!

Lori-sorry your tooth is still bothering you. I don't care for interval 3 either. It's kind of boring and goes on forever. Do you mind sharing the p90X nutrition plan with me? Can I download it myself? I didn't purchase p90X from the beachbody site, I bought it off ebay.

Wendy-Great job on combining those 2 w/o's. My arms would be really tired after that! What kind of job are you looking for? Speaking of resume's, I really need to get one together. I've been at the same company for 19 yrs in June but who knows if I'll be here forever.

Laura-I so want to take your 4 step plyo/plank torture class!!! I'm enjoying my cardio filled week but am really looking forward to next week. I also printed off all my workout cards (in excel) for the next phase. Sounds to me like you need a rest day to let your sore muscled recover.

Jacque-what's on your agenda for today?

Have a great day ladies.

Woo Hoo - finally lunch time and only a couple more hours here at work ! :D

Never did do my CC last night. First I painted a coating on my door (still working on the painting . . . ) hopped on the TM and warmed up, then looked at my iPod to find out for some reason only the W/U, Challenge 1 and Cool Down were on there ! WTH? :confused: So went over to computer and quickly tried to download the entire CC and had issues ! Not a techie here so by the time I got it on there it was nearly 8 PM. Too late for me to workout or I'd never get to sleep - already staying up too late for the past week or so cuz I haven't been tired. May try some melatonin tonight - I need to get to sleep earlier.

Wow - was that a wimpout or what? TG it is a recovery week - though it is supposed to be "active". ;) Need to do something tonight since I have just had two days off !

Lori - Poor thing with all that pain. Isn't it a drag that sometimes the tears flow just because you are frustrated ! I understand about continuing pain and getting to the point you just want it to stop. That is how my headaches can be after 3 days. Hope it gets taken care of quickly for you.

As far as STS, maybe you can just start Meso 2 when you get back rather than doing the endurance again? Or do one week of Meso 1 to "warm up the old muscles again" and then go right into 2? I'd hate to start all over again, but that's me. Good to hear you got the nutrition plan from P90X. It is defintely simple to follow and they give you plenty of info - I like how they do the meals plans for you so you don't have to track the cals & macros.

Wendy - LOL about pummeling your LB again ! Good to hear you found day care and can look for work now. Hope something good comes your way soon.

Laura - Yea you are feeling better ! And I have to say you are not wimpy ! I agree that you pile it ontop when you do back to backs and don't take many days off. I would guess it helps that you & SIL workout together - I'd probably be lifting heavier if I had a workout partner right there with me ! Me thinks Me is the Wimp here ! :p I have read some of the posts on STS forum about #2 - I am actually looking forward to it. I did NROL4W last year for a while and really enjoyed the heavy lifting. That reminds me I need to get going on picking up a weight bench/squat rack soon.

Diana - You remind me I should bring my tennies to work to walk too. We are supposed to be having some decent weather here soon. May save my eyes a bit since I just keep working away (except while I post here !:rolleyes:). I think I may do the CC tonight if my belly feels better. Stopped the BCP's a couple weeks ago and feel like I have TTOM cramps ! Haven't had them for years ! We shall see soon - it was bugging me last night while I was doing the TM warm up. If running is uncomfortable I'll do a circuit with lt. wts or maybe a step routine - not thinking IMax though - maybe Cardio Fusion? I think a part-time instructor would be fun - especially if it was a cardio session ! It does take time though, but it could be part of your cardio for whatever rotation you are doing.

Well, done with lunch - BBL.

Hey ladies ..

5 o'clock bell about to ring .. 4 step torture here I come ..ready or not (for me anyways) ...I just had to carry some stuff upstairs and the legs were kinda making me scared of what the 4 step torture is gonna bring me tonight .. :eek: :confused:

I am moving to the back ... temporarily .. they are re-doing my work area .. MORE PRIVACY >> YAYAYAYAYAYAYA .. and while I am in the back .. NO PIA .. for the most part anyway!!! OMG .. where do I collect all the crap I have found in my desk .. YIKES!!! I am embarrassed for myself :eek::eek: .. OK .. i have an ENTIRE BOX of meds .. :eek::confused: .. muscle ointment .. sinus meds .. migraine meds .. ibuprofen .. PMS stuff ... even found some burn relief :confused: OK so must have had one hellavu sunburn at some point huh?? :p

Anyway .. got the JUNK thrown out .. and tmmrw the guys will help me move my files :confused: OY!!!! I think I will be moved by tommorrow at lunch!! we wil see how long it will be before they are calling me back up front to fill in .. LOL!!!!

Di .. no rest for the weary today .. 4 step is gonna kick my butt and I know it .. LOL!!!! wish you COULD join me .. I would hand over the reigns and let you take a stab at teaching ;) .. hey .. I think you should go for it .. if you have the time .. there is nothing like the feeling of motivating and pushing someone to their limits!!

Jacque .. think w/o w/the SIL does push me .. b/c there are times when I may stop and if she is going on I keep on (even though she is lifting lighter) .. but the same goes for her too .. she says that I push her .. so we basically torture one another!! LOL

OK .. I am about outta here .. have a great one ladies!!!

Hi ya chickies !

Hopped on the TM pretty much as soon as I got home. Did about half an hour when my iPod went to the warm-up? Not sure what happened, but at least I got in 3 miles before I stopped.

LOL Laura about the junk in your drawers at work ! I have slowly been cleaning up my work area which is a pig sty ! No HR lady here that preaches about housekeeping . . . yet. Just wait til I get my area cleaned up, then I'll get on everyone else ! :p I always think of what would happen if someone had to go through all my files - I have been keeping stuff for 10 years now !

I'm sure I have you beat in that category ! :eek:

OK - will try to get a post in in the morning tomorrow ! Need to turn a new leaf here!

OH, by the way - I got my lifting hooks and Go Fit "bosu" type disc. Was thinking of doing Low Max with it tonight but wanted to run. May try that tomorrow nite. The hooks will have to wait, but from what I am seeing, I'll need them. They seem like they will help quite a bit in doing a quickie test rum with a 25 lb. doing lat rows and bent over underhand grip rows. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.