Damage Control....Thursday.

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning. ARGH.

I've been awake since 2am. Finally couldn't take it anymore and got out of bed at 3. :rolleyes: My cold finally seemed to be turning the corner as of last night and now this so I will *STILL* be miserable today! :( I was planning on trying my damndest to get up and work out this morning...so I guess atleast I don't have to worry about the getting up part now! :p

BBL~

Good Morning,

Im with Wendy...ARGH! DS managed to get into my bed last night before I did and he coughed and coughed and coughed. Then I woke up around 5'ish and I just HAVE to check to see if he wet the bed....and he had:mad: So then I had to change him,change the sheets...yada,yada. After all of that I was wide awake and I probably should have stayed up b/c I only had an hour before my alarm went off. I eventually got back to sleep but I don't know for how long. Long enough to have a dream. I feel o.k now that I am up.

I posted twice yesterday to rant but once my inlaws blew in so I closed it out and the other time I lost it:mad:. Yesterday was our 9th anniversary and DH had asked his mother to watch DS so we could go out for dinner. At first he was going to book double massages for us but there was no openings, so dinner it was. She then calls him yesterday afternoon to tell him that her neighbours (whom they eat with about 5x's a week) invited them over for dinner and she said yes...and she couldn't cancel:mad::mad: Who does that? He said "guess its a good think I didn't book those massages".DH couldn't believe it but I on the other hand was ticked...mostly b/c of the fact I had just spent 3 full days in the house with DS and I needed to get OUUUUUUUUUUUT!:eek: She didn't even try to fix things. They could have easily ate at their house,across the st, where DS could play with toys. Oh...I was soooo pissed. Then tuesday she is asking me if I can do her hair before the 21st. I should have left my scissors behind when I gave it up, its just a pain. I don't have time to be at it and I don't get anything out of it. Its just something else to pile unto my plate. I don't miss it and she doesn't pay me, so what's the point? I realized after what she did yesterday that I have to work the next 5 days straight, off for 1,work 1, off for 1 (packing day) then gone till mon and back to work tues. I don't have time to do her hair. She is just gonna have to go get it done somewhere and once I start this PT thing I really won't be able to be at it. I feel bad complaining b/c they are good people but I have noticed a dif in them since SIL moved back.They use to come here all the time before she moved home, now they go there first and sometimes they might stop in here. As childish as this sounds,I think I might start keeping track of how often they come here and then if SIL and fam get posted somewhere, still keep track of it and see what the difference is. When she was going through her breast resonstuctive surgery they would always come here for their dinner after their drive home from the city. After SIL moved home they stopped coming here and started going right to her house when they got home and in the last 2 yrs they haven't came here once. I was a bit hurt by that....anway...I will SHUT UP now!;)

So....in light of things DH and I went out for wings and a drink last night. My eating took a terrible turn and I could still throw up thinking about it.

D- Fish and a spinach salad with peppers.
D2- Spudmania (which is basically thinly sliced potatoes deep fried,bacon,onions and tomatoes) and sour cream...and a drink.

Probably less damage on the wallet and the waistline if we had went out for a full fledged meal.

Wendy** I hear ya on the lack of sleep. We will suck it up and make it through the day cause we are women and we can do stuff like that!:p I am sure Joey will be o.k on the plane. If I could take DS when he was 2, you should be ok!

Laura** So has PIA lost any weight on these magic pills? Im willing to bet the label says "follow with a healthy diet and exercise" and poof....the weight just falls off!:rolleyes: I haven't seen the clips of the new workouts yet, Im gonna have to look today!

BBL! Sorry so looooong!

Lori:)

I'm back.

Got an hour of mostly cardio in this morning:

MMA: Kickboxing w/weighted gloves-30 mins-combos 1&2 plus all 3 drills
Criss Cross Cardio w/weighted gloves-10 mins of cardio k/b + the standing core work
Tonique 2 Disc 2- 20 minutes

Great sweat that worked everything w/o a drop of traditional weight lifting! I was supposed to do CLX Burn Circuit 2 but since I hadn't worked out the past 2 days and can't continue with CLX until Wednesday I figured why bother. I'll just do it when I get back next week. All I really wanted was a good calorie burn this morning anyway and I'm pretty sure that I got that! :D

Lori:: Sorry you are lacking sleep too but misery loves company you know!:p

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

I had trouble falling asleep last night and am having a hard time waking up. Didn't get out of bed until 7 and have a conference call at 7:30. I will work out after the call and go in a bit late.

I plan on doing original bootcamp today. I don't do this one very often anymore, but segments of it are on the Terminator w/o's which do use. I'm actually looking forward to doing is "as made" today.

Lori-Sorry your anniversary didn't turn out like you planned. Hopefully you can schedule the couples massage soon. I can't believe your MIL cancelled on you at the last minute, for something she could do anytime. DH and I still haven't gone out for our anniversary and it was last month. We have a giftcard for dinner and another one for a hotel stay downtown.

Wendy-Nice job getting your w/o in today. Hope you have a fun trip. I'm sure Joey will be fine. I've traveled with my gd's and haven't had any problems. Just take some books for him to read/look at, or a favorite toy. You will both be fine.

Good Morning Jacque & Laura. bbl

Hey there girlies !

Well I'm happy it is Thursday, tomorrow I'm in my office by myself which I love and hopefully I'll get some power work done. Last night after work I hit the TM only to find that my 45 min SS turned into 25 min SS and then only another 10 min walking. My legs felt like they were going to fall out right beneath me ! I am hoping this lag in my energy is only due to work stress and lack of working out consistently . . . :confused: I was so ready for a nice long (for me) run ! :( Actually got off and downed a spoonful of PB in hopes it would help but to no avail. Tonight is KPC - will start with weighted gloves and see how far I can go with them.

Wendy - UGH on waking early. I woke around 3 and hung out in bed. Was just feeling like I could fall back to sleep when DH started "roaming" around the bed and bumping me. At least I got a solid 5 hours though. Nice job on the w/o this AM. Even if you are tired later, I'm sure it helped you physically and mentally and you can just go to bed early tonight ! :p

Lori - bummer about your sleep, the mid night bed changing and DARN that MIL of yours for messing up your much needed nice night out ! :mad: Sometimes I see that some MIL's are just more comfortable with daughters than sons. My opinion . . . don't waste your time tracking who she stops to see but make sure that you only do for her what you have time for and feel like doing. Don't let others dictate your life for you. Some of us give give give and at some point relationships should be mutual. (I am finally learning that at 50! :eek:)

Diana - hope your phone call worked out as planned and Bootcamp was fun. I like that workout but am having a harder time doing the types of workouts that require going from standing to the floor and back up quickly, in addition to push ups not working for me any more. How is your project going?

Laura - Is PIA still recovering or could she make it back in sometime this week? Hope you got to stay at your office today.

Eats y'day:
B: usual milk, pro powder, double fiber bread w/PB
L: (followed Lori's plan the other day :rolleyes:) string cheese & crackers (didn't feel like eating when I got home)
S: PB cuz I wasn't feeling well on the TM
D: NY strip steak with a salad of homegrown tomatos, fresh soft mozarella, artichoke hearts and LF balsalmic dsg.

and my MGD 64's.

Today is lunch out with our insurance broker - thinking a nice salad with some sort of protein or possibly fish since DH has hockey tonight.

Have a great day ladies !

Jacque:: Tired LATER?? Is that what you said? LOL I wanted to pass out as soon as my work out was done! You should see my face/my eyes. I look drugged! My face is red and my eyes are squinty and bloodshot. I feel like death warmed over. The only GOOD thing is that my cold is on it's way out. Have fun with KPC with the gloves tonight! I know I would! :D

Hi Girls!

Lunch time here and no boss around...not sure where he went.

Today's workout was a 10 k run outside and it was so nippy! I had to wear gloves and a headband over my ears. Maybe I will get abs in later!

Wendy** You sound very attractive right now!:eek::) I am thinking when DS goes to bed tonight, I will be having a cat nap with him! Nice workout today. I may have to ask Santa for those weighted gloves. And those micro load gloves Cathe uses...where can you buy those?

Diana** I think Jacque is the only one who feels rested. How was your meeting? Did you wanna fall asleep again? LOL After I fell back to sleep I had a dream that I slept in and only had 20 mins to workout so when my alarm went off, I got up b/c of that dream. I think I would have kept on sleeping if I hadn't had such a horrible dream!:eek:

Jacque** I think I am catching on to people dictating things for me. It wears me out. When I was pregnant everyone kept saying, "you won't be able to do our hair"...when I was 8 months pregnant before christmas I did EVERYONES hair and my feet were so swollen by the time I was done. Then I started hearing " you won't be able to do our hair after you have the baby"...and they still kept asking. I think I am soon going to suck it up and tell them that I don't have the time. I don't mind every once in a while, like when my sister comes home. But MIL and mom are like clock work. MIL is worse...every 6 weeks. Even my mom went some where and had her hair done the other day. SIL tells MIL all the time that I don't have time to be at it anymore.
Anyway...hope work doesn't stress you out today! Nice workout last night!!

I will bbl! Time for lunchy-poo!
Lori:)

Lori:: The weighted gloves I use are the micro-load gloves that Cathe uses for weight lifting and they are HER gloves. She sells them here. They come in a 2# pair (1# each) and a 4# pair (2# each). I think you can increase or decrease your weight load by 1/2 # increments. I currently own the 2# pair but want the 4# pair someday too. :)

Last edited:
Well I caught a 15 minute snooze on my lunch break a little while ago. I am minimally more awake now. Hopefully it will get me through the 2nd half of the day....fingers crossed!

Hey girls ..

been in training all day .. ugh .. but it was a good class . learned a lot ... new cash system coming up in NOV .. real different .. I have a freaking head ache though :confused::( last night had the smallest class ever .. and we did 6 step class :eek: ..ya'll it kicked our @$$ .. literally ... we have been doing 4 step b/c of lack of steps .. didnt realize the HUGE difference 2 risers made :eek: WOW .. my hammies and butt are screaming at me today ..

OK .. told ya'll I would end up eating badly .. DH cooked .. FRIED last night .. so supper was FRIED chicken livers :eek: :eek::eek: OMG .. I LOVE them too .. FRIES .. and grean beans .. and we even had some CABS :eek: :confused: TOLD YA .. when I blow it I blow it

today B- protien/vitamin shake
snack - mixed fresh fruit
L- grilled shrimp salad w/red wine vngrtt
no snack got out late
S - will prbly be chkn GRILLED or BAKED

Lori .. booooo on MIL .. shame on her!!!! GEESH ... that was really selfish!! I hope you and DH had some "alone time" anyways ;)

Wendy - glad you are on the upswing .. sorry for the no sleep ..

Di - sorry bout your sleep issues too ... I slept good but had real bad weird nightmares .. :confused: woke up w/horrible head ache too :(

Jacque - PIA is back - and she HAS lost a LOT of weight .. I would say 25 - 30 # .. she has a waist now - and no shelf on her butt anymore - A LOT of WEIGHT - she is going to FAT DR .. LOTS of PILLS and LOTS of energy shot s.. when she quits she will gain weight back I am sure!!

OK .. so tonight is mish mosh class .. my dang head is hurting so bad ..I dont know if I am gonna be able to do the jumps UGH ... PIA will be in trng tmrw .. I will be on cash window .. but all is good will be me and my COOL co-worker :D .. ok .. better jet .. have a great one!:D

Hey Girls,

I stopped to weigh in on my way to work, and am up 1.8lbs, exactly what I lost the week before. Go figure. It's a process so I'm not getting to worked up about it. I didn't track at all and that makes a huge difference for me. Trying to make a point of tracking this week and hoping for a better outcome.

OMG, I've had the worst headache all day today. I took some ibuprofen when I got home. DH rubbed my neck and shoulders and that seemed to help too. I know its the stress of this stickin' project we've been working on. We have another early conference call tomorrow morning, Europe at 7:30 and our aero division at 8. Thankfully I am working from home tomorrow!

Jacque-so you were finally able to make time for you...YEAH! Even if the treadmill wasn't your best performance...you were still moving and its a good mental break for you! This project is going to hell in a handbasket. We have our boss backing us up though..regarding the issues that are outside of our control.

Laura-gross, fried liver...yuck. Although I do hear it is good for you...I'm not eating it! One of my coworkers is on phentermine (prescription weight loss drug), and she is eating crap all the time. She had started down the clean eating ala Tosca Reno, but apparently gave that up when she was able to get the prescription.

Lori-Nice w/o today young lady! Your legs never let you down!

Wendy-hope the nap was rejuvinating.

B-fiber one, prot powder, flax seed, wheat germ, strawberries, almond milk
S-1 egg, 2 egg whites
L-green salad w/Tuna
S-mini cupcake (coworkers bday)
D-1 can light chicken/vegetable soup, toast w/almond butter & jelly

I drank tons of water trying to rid myself of this terrible headache.

See you all in the a.m.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.