Damage Control...Thursday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

No work out for me today. Playin' it safe and resting although TBH I may be OVERDUE for a rest day at this point. I haven't even checked :rolleyes: but between feeling yucky y'day and getting a bad night's sleep last night, I was NOT getting up to work out this morning!

So we are getting slammed with rain. It rained monday and tuesday. Monday was the day I almost didn't get Joey to school in time and then was stuck in horrible traffic and got to work 75 minutes late because of the damn rain! :mad: Tuesday's commute was better but the rain wasn't nearly as bad either. Y'day was sunny. Today and tomorrow? MORE rain! I am sitting here listening to it POUR outside right now. I need to get my butt outta here early today if possible. I have a feeling it may be another awful commute. :(

Laura:: So is DH still in the dog house or did he redeem himself?

Diana:: Nope, not TF for me. I thought I might want it but I don't. Wierd, I know! :p I actually felt okay when I got up y'day morning. It was until AFTER my work out that I started to feel icky. Was it a sign that I pushed too far and should have rested? Who knows but I am resting today. I was dawg tired y'day. I went to bed at 8:30 last night...slept like a baby til about 12:30. At that point I woke up and had to pee and ended up tossing and turning for HOURS after that. :( Because I didn't work out, I got to stay in bed an extra 90 minutes. I think I even SLEPT most of the time. I hope it's enough to take the edge off today.

Okay, gotta jump in the shower now if I want to try and get out of here earlier this morning!

BBL~

Last edited:
Good Morning Girls!

Finally getting some ME time and getting to checkin. Tuesday was hectic b/c of work and DS's apt. Then in the evening I realized I was coming down with something. DD and DH had the cold last week and now DS and I have it. I was hoping DS was getting something b/c he as been a complete maniac the past couple of days and that's how he usually acts when he is getting sick. 2 days later he still wasn't sick and I was worried it was another 'phase'! And I didn't like this phase at all. When he woke up today he had the sniffles.

I was so tired yesterday morning, I guess b/c of the cold. DS woke up at 6:40 and there was no way I was gonna be able to get up with him. DH got up but DS was picking at me again at 7:40....and I still wasn't ready to get up. I took him to gymnastics at 10:30. We thought we would try him with it. Its a program for toddlers and parents but I wasn't impressed to find out that I was just paying to let DS use the gym. Not that I thought anyone could teacher a bunch of tots something but I thought there would be more to it then a bunch of kids jumping and boucning around. I guess its bascially a way for the gymnastics club to make some extra $. DH thinks its a wonderful idea so I told him that he could take him next time....didn't help that I wasn't feeling the best and he was a maniac!

After lunch DS went to preschool and I lay down for a bit. I think I doozed for a few mins and I was feeling much better when I got up. So I did B&G's abs, STS bics and should,PH bics and should and then I went for a run outside. I had an awesome workout! My run was fast but I only did 9k. Then we had dinner with the fam b/c it was my MIL's b-day.

So that about sums it up! That's what I have done the past couple of days. Today's workout will most likely be a long one b/c DS woke me up at 7 but I felt better today. I will probably do STS and PH chest,back and tris and cardio.

Wendy** It's raining here as well. I was soaked by the time I got home from my run yesterday. DS is always apologizing for stuff that isn't his fault as well...LOL...its a good thing I guess. I told DH that DD and DS say sorry equally as much so it doesn't really mean much coming from either one of them:confused: I don't even know if she apologized this time....I know she didn't actually. Sorry you had such a rough start to your day on Mon...as if mondays aren't bad enough. Did you fight that bug off that you thought you were getting? Nice workouts the last couple of days!

Diana** Glad you are enjoying the rotation. I am looking forward to doing something different when I am done the marathon. I received an email last night saying "only 18 more days!" Ugh! I can't believe its that close! To tell you the truth I am less intused about working more before and more after just to get a couple of days off. This is where the 3rd person is needed:mad: How is your MIL feeling? What did your dermatologist change? I have a hard time finding things that work for my face. I don't have breakouts but depending on what kind of cream I am using I get blocked pores from the cream. It seems as if every cream I use is to rich for my face.

Laura** Oh man...you must have been royally ticked! What was he thinking? Done of us look the same as we did the day we got married but hey...they don't either! Not to mention...you work your arse off! I think you should have kicked him off of his high horse and then jumped on his head:eek::D I have anger issues! LOL I hope he apologized after. Sounds like you and SIL have been getting some good workouts in. How long have you been teaching classes for? When I was reading some of my material the other day it was talking about teaching classes and I can't imagine! I don't think I could do it. I don't like speaking in public...nevermind teaching in public!

Jacque**How have you been feeling? 100 degrees?! Yikes! Fall as set in her and its far from 100 degrees! I am guessing you are busy at work?

O.k...sorry so long but this catches me up with personals and tells you girls what I have been doing the last few days!

Lori:)

Hi ladies,

I actually woke up early...and got up and did my w/o. KPC is already complete. DS needs a ride to school in a few minutes.

MIL isn't doing very well, but some of it is because she is not listening and doing what the dr. says. I pissed of my SIL because I told her that last night. Instead of staying ahead of the pain and taking the recommended pain meds on a 4 hr schedule as prescribed..MIL didn't think she needed the stronger meds although the Dr. told her that the drug she was requesting was not strong enough. Then she ends up in excruciating pain and its harder to manage..they overmedicate to ease the pain quicker but then she doesn't take her sheduled meds and it starts all over again.:mad: I'm sure we will be seeing her tonight. They had planned on releasing her today but that isn't going to happen.

Wendy-definitely sounds like a rest day or two are needed. I usually end up with at least 1 rest day and sometimes 2 per week depending on my schedule. I'm sure the rainy weather doesn't help your disposition either.

Lori-you've been a busy gal. Our toddler gymnastics programmed is much more structured than what you're describing. As long as you can find something to keep him busy...that what I had to do with my busy boys. The derm gave me an oral medication to help with the hormonal acne, but it's not an antibiotic like my prev med. She also gave me 2 topical treatments, one is sodium sulfacetamide and the other is a retin A cream. Both are quite drying to the skin. Retin A is only used 2 times/week but building up to more frequently, the other is used twice a day. The redness is gone which is awesome, but it will take a couple months to see if all this stuff really works.

Morning Laura & Jacque!

bbl

Hello Ladies.

So when are you girls planning to do your next STS rotation? I am not ready at this moment to try it again but will be soon enough so I was curious when you all might be starting a new round??

Lori:: Sorry you and DS have a cold. I have definitely come down with something. I felt yucky y'day and still do today. It's not in my head. More in my chest. I hope it doesn't last much longer or get worse. :confused:

Diana:: Sorry to hear that your MIL is not medicating herself correctly. Hopefully work will be less stressful for you after you launch the project that's been stressing you out. It didn't used to be this way but I now find I do better with more cardio. Doing cardio 5-6 days per week along with weight training a few times a week is working well for me. For me, success seems to be heavily based on calories burned. Lifting is great and I love it but it's not as effective for me as it used to be. I need to burn more cals with movement these days. Oh and btw, when I start STS again I am going to do as you suggested and do 2 cardio days in between each weight day. Thanks for the idea. I think it will work out well for me! :)

Hey Girls!

Quiet here today! I am done with half of my workout. My UB was on fire and I have a feeling DOMS is on its way! I did STS and PH chest and back. Then I did the standing work of B&G's. When DD gets home from school in an hour or so, she is gonna watch DS while I go for a run....if Im not lazy by then!

Diana** Hopefully the new meds work! Do the boys have problems with their skin? Growing up in our family 2 had acne probs and then other 2 didn't....me being one of the two that didn't:D Good luck trying to talk some sense into your MIL or SIL tonight!

BBL!
Lori

Happy Friday Eve!!! yayyayayayayaya!!!

Hey ladies!!

I am STILL SOOOOO SORE!!!!! OMG .. I dont think my triceps have EVER been this sore .. yikes!! But I MADE myself go to the gym .. and SIL did shoulders, chest and back! SIL has losts LOTS of strength ... I havent done gym weights in a while .. I will be sore again tmrw I am sure. The blister on my heel is still bugging me .. so not sure about teaching plyo tonight .. gonna bandage it and hope that pads it some - will have to see.

Wendy - DH tried to get out of doghouse .. by doing the old "turn around" on me - said he just said what he said b/c I said he was fat :confused: OK .. soo I guess by saying his BF % was higher than mine I called him FAT .. MEN!!!! he tried to say he couldnt think of a comeback so he said that .. UGH .. ya right .. ok ... whatever!!! :confused: i wouldnt mind doing another rotation of STS .. but w/the upcoming workouts coming up .. IDK ????

Lori - sorry you thought a cold was coming on ... I have been teaching fitness classes for 24 years :confused: :( :eek: WOW .. I am ooooollllllldddddddd ... funny I started off leading my friends and then it got bigger and more people ... until I finally went and got crtfd .. LOL .. I started out doing basic shaping classes - then firm like workouts - then all step workouts - then circuit class - then it evolved into combo workouts that evolved into kickboxing, sculpting, step, circuits, yoga, matt, and now plyo classes ..

DI .. man .. that is maddening about MIL .. you should have said something .. yes if you medicate as directed it is much easier on the patient ...

Hello to Jacque ..

Wendy .. looks like you are getting POUNDED w/rain and more to come .. do stay safe out there!!!

SOOOOOOO .. today is plyo if the heel is doable .. if not it will be 6 step or tripl set class .. we will see. OK .. come on 5 o'clock!!! ya'll have a great one!!!:D

Well it's official...I have a chest cold. BLECH. I guess this means no cardio at minimum. If I feel okay tmrw morning I will do CLX weight work and maybe some abs....

Laura:: The new work outs are exactly the reason I am not jumping into STS right now! I want time to play first! ;) If they get delayed though and I get antsy enough, I may start STS and take my chances with the temptation when the new work outs arrive but that remains to be seen...Don't know what to tell ya about DH except that men can be dumb. LOL Yeah, we got it bad w/the rain this morning but I went out at lunch and things were drying out it seemed. Don't know if we've since gotten another round or if it's yet to come but the break was nice atleast.

Last edited:
Hey ...

question ... since most of you do the premixes on Cathe's workouts .. is there a good one that would be upper body workout only ..like an overall quicker upper body workout that could be done at lunch .. i never do any of the premixes or chapters.. I always do the workouts as a whole as designed .. but started thinking there may be some that have upper body weights that would be doable for our lunch workouts ...any ideas???

Wendy .. looks like you got more rain coming your way .. quite the system there for sure ... we have sunshine :cool: and high of 82 .. by Sunday it is to be a high of 78 and Sunday night it is to get down to 48 :eek: super shocker for us for sure!!!

OK .. bout to go diggin around for some bandaides ;) have a great one!

Laura:: Pyramid upper body has 2 premixes each about 30 minutes long. One goes up and one goes down (in weight). My preference is starting heavy and getting lighter. It allows me to go super heavy. HTH!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.