Damage Control...Thursday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

Well it appears I have bicep DOMS but nothin' in my back. BOOH. I still have some crazy trap DOMS though. WOW-it's still kickin'! I hope I don't end up lookin like a no-neck! lol

I got up a bit earlier then normal today (4am). I wanna make sure I have sufficient coffee time and can still finish my work out today since I have to bring Joey to my mom's before work this morning and I'm not in the habit of having to leave as early these days. I have had the pleasure of being able to sleep in later since he's been spending lots of time at my MIL's due to his care situation these past few weeks. That all changes today...I hope I can handle it! :rolleyes:

So today's plan is IMAX3 straight up and in full.I hope I survive! :eek: Well if there is any doubt, I have the HCEX Hi/Lo work out as my back up plan and will use IMAX2 as the back up plan for the back up plan. LOL :p

I was last to post last night so I'm don't think there are any personals to catch up on but I will go check just incase. If there are, I'll be back right away...If not, catch you ladies on the flip side!:D

Last edited:
Diana:: Congrats on the Cathe pre-order as well as the Tonique purchase. Tonique is a very different way to train then you are used to. I hope you like it! Tonique Premier (which is the original w/o) is my favorite. That's the one I will most likely be using during my rotation this month. Sorry about your foot. I hope the doc has a feasable long term solution for you. Have fun celebrating on Saturday night! :)

Laura:: Thank you for your concern re Earl. :) "The Grind" huh? Then you have a different Lauren Brooks dvd. Glad you liked it! KB swings give me some mad lower body DOMS! :eek: Enjoy! *insert evil grin here!*

Happy Fri eve girls !

(I just love that one Wendy!)

Poppin' in while I try to get my achy body awake for PUB in a few minutes. Man oh man I had THE worst hot flash and low blood sugar issues y'day at work. I sit right in front of the air conditioning vent and all of a sudden my legs went weak, sweat was dripping down my back and front and my face was drippy too. Went downstairs, grabbed some chocolate and a co-worker started fanning me. Lasted nearly 15 min or so. UGH! By the time it was subsiding . . . honestly, I felt like I had run about 5 miles I was so sweaty. YUCK ! ! !

That was at about 4 PM so decided not to hit the workout room since it was 98' here y'day.

Wendy - nice job on the IMax 3 - that's a long one ! Hope you got Joey where he needed to be on time.

Diana - sounds like you got a few BDay gifts for yourself - good for you ! :p Nice that you get to go out for an enjoyable Sat evening dinner so you don't have to rush or go to work the next day.

Laura - only 2 days for your insanity at work - glad you are taking an extra day so maybe PIA will have to take on the customers, huh?

Lori - hope all is going well whereever you are today. Guess we'll hear from you tomorrow?

Off I go . . .

Hi Ladies,

The running rotation calls for a 3 mile run and weights, but I'm going to do Insanity from where I left off at. I think it's MIP.

I hope to go get some new running shoes later today and take my car in for an oil change etc. But....DH decided to take the day off too, may be cutting into my plans. My sister and I were going to get together since it's her day off. Who knows....

Wendy-Woo Hoo, I'm so happy to hear you completed my favorite Imax 3 w/o. I prefer the second half. It's a toughie for sure! Yay... When does Joey go back to school? I'm actually looking forward to trying Tonique.

Jacque-wow, sorry about the terrible hot flash. There are some all natural meds you can take, maybe you need to start looking into that. You may want to bring this episode up to your Dr. to make sure it's not something more serious. One of my friends who is 50 but has gone through menopause already didn't have any hot flashes. She is also a Cathlete and her Dr. said all her exercise really helped.

bbl

Jacque:: Wow, sorry about that hot flash. That sounds horrible! :eek: I did NOT get Joey to where he needed to be in time b/c I got lost. :p:D

Diana:: Tell DH to back off. You had the day off first! :p:D I hope you can get your sneakers! I love sneaker shopping! Perhaps I need to go soon!;) Thanks re:IMAX3. I did good. I didn't even let the choreo frustrate me this time! I admit I fumbled it up quite a few times but not enough to affect the intensity of the work out OR my mood. I recall thinking to myself during one of the trickier step routines that she placed directly after one of the tougher blasts which probably lent to my not picking up the pattern due to lack of oxygen to my brain! :D:eek::D Enjoy Insanity today!!!!!

Happy Friday Eve!!! yayyayayayayaya!!!

Hey girlies ..

I am not sore like I thought I was gonna be .. the obliques and back muscles are tweaking a bit .. but to my surprise .. my butt and inner part of my upper hamstrings are feeling it a bit ... didnt expect that part to be sore.. hhmmmmmmm!!!!! I ordered Amy Bento KB DVD .. hers is KB work then cardio .. should be here tmrw .. so that will be my w/o for SAT :D

Wendy ... Imax3 is the one I hurt my knee on . . SIL loves it though...I gave her mine .. but glad you enjoyed it ..

Di .. hope you had a great B-day and get those sneakers you want!!! Tonique is a killer!! u gonna luv it (insert evil grin)

Jacque .. woah!!! that is one heck of a hot flash .. was it cause by blood sugar drop ??? those are the worste!!! I get hot sweaty dizzy shaky fainty and headache .. usually doesnt last that long though .. well the headache does .. but the other symptoms usually clear when I get some food in me .. you may want to discuss it w/your doc!!!

Lori .. think u said we wouldnt be hearing from u till FRI .. hope you are having a good one!

Jen .. hope you are preparing .. Earl looks like a B### ... hope he starts making that turn to the right ... DH sister lives in NC .. not far from the shore .. hope she is being safe too!

SO .. today is kb swings - plank walks/plank pushup - squats/weight squat plyo work - lunges/weighted lunges plyo work - plia/weighted plia plyo work .. gonna throw in some interspursed bottom holds while we work UB .. [evil grin] and finish w/yoga core work... :eek: .. I am feeling particularly evil today!!!! OK . have a great one .. those in Earls' path .. keep your eyes o him!! ;)

Laura:: I preordered Amy's KB dvd. I got it a while ago....It's still in the wrapper! :confused: Sorry your hurt yourself w/IMAX3. Not every work out suits everybody but I am surprised you got injured. It's not as if you are against jumping around! LOL ;)

LOL Wendy .. nope ...I am a JUMPER .. think it was the BPM of the music combined w/the 8" step combined w/the twists all together is what turned my knee .. I felt it pop when I did it .. tore the freaking quad tendon under the knee cap .. :( .. although it does act up every now and then .. jumping plyo styles seems to do it good .. go figuire????? :confused: :D

Laura:: Did you say 8" step!? HOLY COW! No wonder!?!? :p I will NEVER attempt any IMAX with an 8" step mainly because it scares the crap outta me to jump up on to a 6" step. I am so afraid I won't make it and bust my head open on something! :eek: I will do Low Max and Low Impact Circuit on 8" and do believe I've even done the step combos from the new Body Max on 8" but that's where it ends for chicken little over here! :D

Hi ladies,

Well I just finished Max Interval Circuit. I did better than the last time so that's good. Not sure what I'm going to do for the rest of the day...with DH here.

OMG, I just saw that another oil rig exploded near Louisiana coast. You would think safety would be paramount after the last explosion. At least no one was killed, of the 13 on the rig only one was injured.

Laura-Would love to come to your class tonight! Imax 3 is meant to be done on a 6" step. I've only done it twice on an 8" step and didn't think the extra 30 burned cals was worth it. I'm going to try tonique for at least a month before I make any decisions on it.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.