Damage Control...Thursday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Girls-the jury is still out on weather or not it's a "good" one! :p

So this supposed damage controller had no self control last night!!!!!!! I opened a bottle of the wine I picked up in the Catskills and all but polished off the whole thing in a few hours! I have maybe a half a glass left in the bottle. :eek: It started w/my usual (very much IN CONTROL) glass after work but then DH left for bowling and all hell broke loose for some reason! LOL This lead to 2 glasses which lead to total and complete lack of judgement when it came to eating dinner. I had a morning start veggie burger (not bad) and 2 bowls of Buzz Lightyear mac and cheese that I had made for my son!:eek::rolleyes::confused: Nice, right? LOL Atleast I can laugh about it....;)

So this morning's original w/o plan is up in the air...I am not hung over....I got into bed at 9:30 after taking 3 advils so that's no problem but I am tired and my energy level is definitely zapped. I am wavering on taking my rest day today and pushing the killer cardio I had planned to tmrw when I should have more gumption. The other option is to do something easier and save today's plan for next week! We'll see what I decide!:p

BBL for personals!:)

Ok...I got a late start so I couldn't do it all but dammit I did 45 mins of HCX Hi/Lo Intervals! WOO HOO! :D

I was coming back to catch up on personals but I now realize that I caught up last night! LOL I guess I'll BBL after others pop in to do personals then! :)

happy FRIDAY EVE

Well .. we had an excellent time last night .. the food is awesome there... SIL got some nice stuff .. she is set for AUBURN GAME DAY party ... we were SOOOOOO LOUD .. bet those people were ready for us to leave .. :p SIL DID EAT .. yayayayayayaya :D 1/2 a wrap .. but it was something!!! :)

Wendy .. I am right there with you had many CABS last night ... DH said cant believe you are still having a beer when I got home .. but I was damned and determined I was gonnd sleep last night and I DID!! whoohooo .. feel like a new person today!!! :D I slept THRU the entire night!!! the CABS did the trick!!

Hey question for all you that do KB (kettle bell) workouts .. what DVD's do you like or use the most????? I know BH is coming out with some .. but might be a while ... I am really liking the KB thing ... prbly gonna be investing in some for the exercise room .. but wasnt sure on the DVD's ya'll use!!

Hello to all that follow ...

Soooooooo today is ALL PLYO class tonight ... I have errands at lunch .. the new student .. SIL works w/her .. she said she was pittiful ystdy .. she could barely walk .. it was so bad .. people were asking her what was wrong with her ... she was soooooooo sore from TUE class :eek: whoops .. hope she comes back tonight!! OK .. better get busy ... better run .. have a great one!!!!:D

Hi Laura,

For K/B work outs I have Cathe's KPC, KM, MMA: Boxing, MMA: Kickboxing, 4DS K/B, CTX K/B and KCM's 30 MINUTES TO FITNESS KICKBOX and I also have a sh*t load of Turbo Jams. I think that's it. I've tried Tracey S. and hated it. I've tried Amy Bento and wasn't crazy about it. I had Cathe's MMA: Fusion but didn't like the choreo in it personally. Hard to pick faves but I am loving K/B these days too. I personally owe it to Cathe's weighted gloves. They make a world of difference in those types of w/o's for me! Glad you were able to sleep through the night! Hopefully you are cured now! Unfortunately I was up from 2 to about 3am or so. :confused:

Wendy .. not kickboxing .. kettlebell workouts.... do you have any kettlebell DVD that you like?? thinking of investing in some kettlebells and was wondering what DVD's people used ..

OMG Laura. You spelled it out and I STILL misread it! See how tired I am!?!? :p I have MANY bell work outs. Some I have never even opened. I haven't used the bells in ages(outside of when I did the BH dvd's that one time). :rolleyes: I am constantly having to dust the cobwebs off of them! :confused: I loved the bells at the time but just haven't gotten back into them. Not sure if I should hold on to all my stuff or not. I invested a lot of cash into them and the work outs alike! :eek:

I'm in a coma. So very tired and working on the month end report that I update every month for my boss. It's keeping me busy but making my eyes even droopier. I swear I almost passed out at my desk a few times already. :confused: Thanks goodness I only have 30 more minutes to go!

Heading out in the 'vette tonight. That'll wake me up. :cool: We are heading to dinner and a car show. It will be a nice night to walk around outside. I'm looking forward to it so long as I can keep my eyes open! :p

This will probably be the last you hear from me until the morning so have a great night ladies!

Hi y'all !

Well last night's "Sales Team dinner" was fun - I love "my guys" lots - nothing but fun fun fun and great company. We are all still around cuz we like the people and this was proof positive. Ate dinner (had pecan crusted Salmon salad - yum!) and then hit the local Chevy's for a couple hours before heading home. Loads of fun but the margarita I had . . . the tequila gave me a horrid headache. Did sleep through the night but not even 6 hours so was too tired to get up and workout before the meeting. It was a good meeting - worked on Sales and what makes a successful one - basically training and recapping what they are working on to bring in the $. We did hit a huge milestone for our company, $100 million in sales this last fiscal year. Has grown from about $60 million since I started 12 yrs ago. Not bad for a small company in our industry.

All in all - good day but I'm tired and have too much to do tomorrow and, along with the full Harvest Moon (run Laura run . . . ) it is month end again.

Should head in the the w/o room soon and do my Pyramid Legs I suppose . . . we'll see if I go there tonight. Thanks for the anniv well wishes girls - I am looking forward to celebrating this weekend. DH has hockey tonight so the weekend it will be ! :D

Wendy - well good thing you and Laura felt like typing today, huh? ;) LOL at you missing the "kettlebell" in her post y'day. Yeppers, sounds like you have month end duties too ! :p I have had those wine bottle evenings myself . . . sometimes the glasses just go down so quickly, huh? Sounds like a fun evening for you tonight - enjoy !

Laura - nice to hear last night went well. Does SIL eat that little daily? And she doesn't believe she has a problem? :confused: Wow - no wonder she gets wiped out when working out. That might, just might keep me able to move about during the day but I doubt it. Hope your DOMS newbie shows up for classes again . . . you seem to be able to snag them with your high energy and motivation. Just what they need ! Don't want those who don't want to help themselves anyway so if they do go away, they don't need your tough classes ! I like the AOS KB workouts loads. Don't have many, but they are tough and really work up a great sweat and a great workout too.

Diana - nice job on the laundry and the workout y'day. The meeting for me today helped me learn more about our business. Though it was Sales training and how to work with customers, I just took the info and applied it to myself by thinking of how I could serve my employees better. Some parts were a little different concept, but all in all it worked well for additional insight. It also helps me know what they guys are working on to assist when they have issues with others within the company. Plus, they are just plain ol' fun guys to be around. ;) Most have been there a good handful of years - and all the Execs attend too so more learnin' for me on that front too. The training consultant lead the meeting so I am also picking up "training" tips and seeing how she leads the meetings in the hopes that someday I'll be able to assist or take them over. That is a goal for me !

Lori - Busy days for you too ! LOL that you missed all the work at work y'day but getting there when it was all nearly done ! I think you are right on about seeing how some people may be during training sessions. They may hire a trainer, but sometimes I think it's no different than joining a gym. They think if they take that first step the motivation will come . . . sometimes they don't realize they are not quite as committed as they thought they were. Are any of your courses on motivating those that don't do a good job of motivating themselves? And . . . congrats on your last test ! You GO GIRL ! ! !

Well, think I'll switch tomorrows Rest day for today and blow it off. Tomorrow AM I hope to wake early, do legs and then head in early to get some stuff done before I head south to where our new offices will be soon. Need to assist with a couple of lengthy interviews.

Until later . . . maybe tomorrow AM, maybe not. :rolleyes:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.