Damage Control....Thursday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies.

Well, no work out for me this morning. I thought my alarm was set for the usual time (4:15am). I even checked it before going to bed last night but apparently was not paying close enough attention b/c I woke up at 4:45 and when I looked at my alarm it was set for 5:30. DOH! lol I got up at 4:45 and thought about doing 30 mins of cardio but oops...it never happened. Having a rare second cup of java instead. :p

I don't feel too guilty though b/c I banged out a goodie last night! LIC in full except for the ab work. It kicked my arse too! :D

Diana:: Sorry your vacation wasn't what you had hoped for. You are right though. Just being out of work can be a good thing no matter what.

Lori:: My goal on vacation is always to work out every single day except for the day we arrive and the day we leave. I normally don't make the mark but whatever I do is better then nothing and makes me happy. I think the last time I actually worked out EVERY DAY was on my honeymoon over 7 years ago! :p

So I really have to go back to work today??? No day off to recover? UGH. I wish I had more vacation time. PHBBBBT. Next year though, my time doubles. I can't wait! ;)

The next thing I have to look forward to is a gtg with Jen (Irishrose) in August! Just a few weeks away! So excited! We are going to have a blast! Wish the rest of you could join us!

Gonna get a jump on things and hit the shower now....BBL!

Good Morning Girls!:)

Not much to report considering I was the last to check in last night. I had an awesome sleep. I woke up at 6:30 cause the sun was shining but I made myself go back to sleep.

DS and I are outside enjoying our foffee. Of course his is mostly water and milk with a splash of coffee for coloring.Last thing that kid needs is coffee.

I am hoping to get another run in at some point in time and some weights. I haven't done any weights all week.

Wendy** I hate getting home from vaca and having to go right to work. Its always nice to have a day to unpack and do laundry. We are planning on FL again in April for 2 weeks this time. I am not sure who loved it there more. DH says he is going to quit work and work at disney:rolleyes: I am thinking that the pay might not be quite the same! LOL

I will bbl to report. Its a beautiful day and I wouldn't mind going to the beach or something!

Lori:)

Lori:: LOL at your DH wanting to work at Disney. May not pay much but you would probably get free season passes! :D Funny that your DS drinks foffee. My FIL gives my son coffee when he sees him. Not a lot but my son thinks it's the coolest thing for some reason. I guess cause it's something only adults usually drink??

So where is everyone else???

ETA:: The bb has definitely turned the corner while I was on vaca! Soooo much better! I am continuing to care for it like a new piercing but it's so much better! Bought a simpler bb ring in DE which I will have put in when I go for my tat tmrw night. There is a scab by the top hole of my bb piercing but other then that it looks fabulous...IMO! I think once I get the new ring put in I will be able to begin higher impact cardio and abs again! I can't freakin' wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Heya ladies !

Well it's lunchtime - I missed posting this AM cuz I woke at 4, turned back over at 5 and didn't wake again until 6:20 - an hour later than usual. Last night was Step, Jump, Pump except for abs - I was tooooo tired ! :p Felt great - actually passed out right after dinner it exhausted me so much. Thinking I'll do a TM run or Plyo Legs tonight. Need cardio for the stress and fluff right now. The heavy weights will have to wait until I dump the baggage. May do a 4DS + extra cardio / CTX rotation so I have some cardio nearly every day.

Diana - good to hear you got your workout in y'day and are feeling better. Don't worry about the house . . . the girls and your workouts are more important right now. Hope you are having a great day off !

Lori - Milk & foffee was our special Saturday morning drink when we were growing up. Just like you said, a glass of milk with a little coffee and then we added a bit of sugar. Yummy memories for sure ! Garlic Festival is very large - we have one of the largest garlic distributors in the world here in town: Christopher Ranch. They even sell their product at Costco. They started the festival over 30 years ago - it draws about 150,000 people over the course of a Fri, Sat, Sun - the last full weekend in July every year. The festival is run completely on a volunteer basis and the locals earn $ for non-profits. Used to do it for the kids' school and make $10K +. I'm sure they have a website - if you have time, probably show the fires they cook with - the festival specials are Shrimp Scampi, garlic sauteed veggies, garlic bread, pepper steak sandwiches, etc. There is garlic ice cream, garlic wine, calamari, deep fried artichokes/mushrooms, and we've even had garlic alligator the past couple of years. 4 stages with bands playing all day - lots of fun people watching too. We work in the wine tent ;) for a local winery - yep, lots of free imbibing, including champagne.

Wendy - Welcome back lady ! Bummer today is a work day but, tomorrow is Friday, the best day of the week ! Ditto on the workouts - way to go ! You doing the Disney cruise? Have a friend who did that - kinda cool to do both in one vaca. Wish I had the funds for a real vaca - have 320 hours of PTO banked but can't seem to find a good time to take off at this point. :( Hoping to fit in a couple of camping trips but now think I'll be having the grandboys again in a couple of weeks. Time off is what I need - time off and away from the house is the best since I can relax without catching up on chores ! :p

Laura - hope today is going well for you - you are usually here by now?

PunkyJen - How is your week turning out ?

Later gators . . .

Hi Ladies,

...think I will try to check in while the girls are napping. Today is not turning out at all like I had planned. This morning called for Pure Cardio and I wanted to do shoulders...that didn't happen today so will try for that tomorrow morning. All is not lost though as I have bootcamp class tonight. I also didn't sleep very well, awake and 3am and finally went back to bed at 4:30, honestly this has got to stop. I am sssoooo bitchy when I don't get my sleep.

DH still has gout and has called the Dr. I went and picked up a prescription this morning for him when I should've been working out. I'm more tired staying home than I am when I'm at work!

One my friends is a photographer and she is taking family pictures of us today at 4pm. I hope some of them turn out good so we can use them as our xmas card. You never know though, getting 2-2yr olds to look the same direction at the same time may or may not happen.

Wendy-you are doing great with your kicka$$ cardio rotation! No worries about sleeping in the day after getting home from vacation, to be expected IMO. Glad to hear the BB is doing better now. These BB piercings can be finicky.

Lori-enjoy your day off lady, you deserve it. Hopefully you can squeeze in a w/o, but no worries as you never seem to take a rest day!

Jacque-the garlic festival sounds like a lot of fun, and a BIG thing too. So many people new of it at the RT! Is PunkyJen still coming down to the festival?? I'm jealous, I wish all my Cathe friends lived close. Wow, you have a lot PTO. I get 4 weeks of vacation each year, the max we get. I usually take days off here and there and do something with Jerod on his days off from school.

Laura-how are your injuries coming along? Hopefully you didn't go to the DR. and discover your injuries are worse than you thought.

PunkyJen-how are spending the rest of your summer, especially now that summer school is over?

Have a great day ladies! bbl

Jacque:: I am with you on extra cardio to battle the "fluff". I need that pretty badly right now. I was behind the 8-ball when I left for vaca cause altho things began to turn around immediately when I stopped STS I didn't stop soon enough so I went on vacation with extra fluff to start with and came back even fluffier. UGH. Gonna concentrate on cardio and circuits as much as I can for a few weeks in hopes of it de-fluffing me. Once I can do high impact cardio and abs again (next week hopefully!), I will be in HEAVEN and things should really start to turn around for me! Fingers crossed that they turn around for you quickly as well! :) Nope, no Disney Cruise planned. We want to do a Royal Carribean Cruise and then just do a regular Disney/Universal vacation separately. One in 2011 and one in 2012. I am excited for both. The kid in me is not sure which I wanna do more! This year's vacation was waaaay too reserved for me! :p :D

ETA::

Diana:: We were posting at the same time. So DH has gout??? I have heard of it but do not know what it is. Hope he feels better soon. Hope the pics come out good. If the photographer is good with kids you should get a couple good shots in there. Yes, I am very thankful that the piercing has turned the corner and I hope changing the ring to something smaller, lighter and simpler will help. Fingers crossed! :) Sorry you missed part of your work out today but I know you'll kick arse at class tonight!

Last edited:
Hello ladies !

Just finished 30 min on the TM (2.5 miles) while watching Avatar. Went at a slow pace but could feel the hip flexors something fierce by the end. Haven't broken a sweat like that (other than one day I did CCP) since the Cathe RT last March. Then got my watering done while apparently DH was sleeping so he's just starting the fire now . . . luckily it's only hamburgers - mine are chicken ones from Costco with onions/peppers, etc in them - all natural and yummy.

Diana - sorry your day hasn't turned out like planned - not bad if they are your choices but hard when it is all for others. Boy I hope DH gets better soon ! :confused: Think it is our prerogative to be b!^<@~ when we don't get our sleep. We are the ones who typically do most of the work while the others can fall asleep for a nap at the drop of a hat. Apparently if you saw my post above ! :p Hope you got a good bootcamp workout in tonight. I wish y'all lived close too - haven't heard anything from Jen so doubt she's coming down. One of these days . . . like Wendy's post . . . Disney & cruises are two things on our vaca list to do. Just need the $ to come rolling back in like it used to and we'll be on our way. Even Denver would be a fun trip - DH has never been and it's been nearly 20 years since I have. Cheap flights too! Can't wait to see the pics !

Wendy - yep fluffville is where it is at lately. :confused: Am def gonna focus on cardio and try to get to running again. That seems to help me. HiiT is good too so perhaps those will be my add ons between CTX & 4DS. Hoping to be able to do some cardio in the AMs if I can sleep well enough. Last two mornings I didn't have bags under the eyes ! Woo Hoo !:eek:

Laura - you OK ? ? ?

Lori - what did you end up doing with your time today?

Until tomorrow . . . pleasant evening to all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.