Damage Control...Thursday...

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls!

Well it FINALLY stopped snowing! It snowed for about 24 hours here and dumped what is likely over a foot on us! I shoveled 3x y'day as well as doing my work out and now this morning I have to shovel again in order to attempt to get to work! DS has no school again so I have to drop him off at my mom's on the way. It's gonna be a loooong morning! :confused:

So I am making today a rest day because I'll be getting a work out from shoveling for sure and if I try to do both I'll get to work even LATER then I am probably already going to! :eek:

I would love to do personals but I have 10 minutes before I need to get out there and start trying to dig myself out. I can't even ask DH for help in good conscience b/c he went to work for his usual time y'day (7am) and did not walk in the door until MIDNIGHT last night! They were not working their normal jobs but doing snow removal on the site all day and all night! I am sure he is exhausted! Although he will probably be going into work later then usual (his alarm is not set!), I think he has to go back today and do it again to finish up. That being said, I just don't have the heart to ask him to help me dig my car out. I have a feeling I have my work cut out for me though...not looking forward to this! :confused:

Okay okay, enough complaining!

BBL!

Good Morning!:)

Another morning of waking up and not having a frigg'in clue what do it was! LOL I didn't get home last night until 1'ish so I think when I went to bed, I died. I slept until 7, hoping to start my workout around 7:45. I will be a bit l a bit late for work but I was there last night and have to go back tonight! Tonight is even worse....its at 2 a.m. By the time I get home it will probably be 4!

I am going to see what I missed yesterday and then I will return!

Lori:)

Lori:: No wonder you don't know what day it is!? With a schedule like that, who the hell COULD keep track!?! I give you kudos girl! I couldn't do it!

Im not even sipping my foffee today....more like chugging it and whatever is going on in my throat, still feels like its there. Tues night it felt like someone punched me in the adams apple. I thought that maybe I had eaten something that may have scratched the inside of my throat but it still hurts when I swallow. If it were food it should have been pushed down by the food I have eaen the past 2 days! I dunno....there is always something wrong with me!

So the new owners were here yesterday! They talked to my boss for a while but of course they didn't want to talk to little 'ole me...and I was quit fine with that. Apparently they are writing up letters for each of us, stating what they are offering us and their benefits and they have DENTAL! So excited!!! Im looking forward to getting that letter cause Im pretty sure there should be a pay raise on there. As for my boss, I think they want to work with him but they didn't offer him anything yet. All he does is pace around the office and it drives me insane! He goes from one from to the next, to the next and then thats all he wants to talk about. I guess he is nervous about it all. Its funny seeing the shoe on the other foot b/c he ran that place for so long and did the hiring and firing. To hire someone it took forever and he didn't care to call the person who was waiting to find out if they had a job. Now he is dying to know if he has a job. He keeps talking about the fact that he OWNS the phone numbers at work...I don't think you can buy phone numbers so he is telling them that they need to buy the phone numbers from him! I heard one of the guys on the phone yesterday asking someone to check in to this. He better be careful that he doesn't rub them the wrong way. I hope he finds some work to do today cause I don't want him chasing me around, talking!

I hear little feet.......and my workout isn't even started:confused:

Wendy** Sorry I asked you about running outside:p I should have known better;) ( Oh I think DS is putting the naughty chair back in its place...LOL, he hates that thing) So welcome to my world....tons of snow that you don't know what to do with! I have never had to shovel snow. My FIL owns a plow truck so when it snows he just comes down and digs us out:)

Jen** I am actually better with food when I am at home then I am at work. We have some new ice cream there and it is soooo good. I only just realized last night that one of them has chunks of something in it. Im alllll about peices of stuff in ice cream. But I hear ya on the damage control though. I am being force fed at work b/c they have it in their minds that I don't eat so whenever I work with a certain refueler, he makes me eat whatever he eats. And hot tub and drinks go hand in hand!

Laura** I nearly died last night when you were talking about the dogs! To funny! So is your SIL ticked at you anymore or did she get over it?

Diana** Im guessing this is a different boot camp then the last one you signed up for? I was thinking about adding in another UB workout but same as you, seems like I can never get around to it.

So Im pretty sure my workout will have lots of interuptions today now that DS is awake:confused: Even though this isn't circuit week, I think I would like to do BC mixed in with runs. That way i can keep an eye on him when I switch things up.

BBL!

Lori:: I normally don't shovel much myself. My DH has no problem taking care of it but he was working all day and all night y'day so I didn't have a choice. I think I got myself dug out but now I have to clean the car off and try to move it...UGH!

Heya Ladies !

Well I did Athletic Step last night - had fun with it and didn't do too badly with the moves. Am toying with the idea of IMax3 as much as I can get done. Hockey night for DH so don't need to worry about dinner. Also got a good night's sleep so feeling pretty good for now. Will def need to eat a good lunch for some energy !

Sorry y'all are having so much snow happening lately - hope you get a break soon. I am not complaining about our rain at all these days ! ! ! ;)

Lori – Wow you had a few stories y’day. I am soooo liking the fact that there is no one at our house besides DH and I. Love not having to wonder who will be around when. My kids used to bring others around all the time unexpectedly. Good to hear the new owners visit went OK – crossing my fingers for a nice raise for you. LOL at your boss thinking he owns the phone #’s. Rarely does a company not ‘sell’ the customer lists/contacts when they sell a company. Not sure I’ve heard of that. ITA with Wendy re:your crazay schedules – I have a hard enough time getting anything done and I have no kids ! :rolleyes:

Wendy – bummer about all the snow. Nice of you to do your own digging today. Nothing I have ever had to do, but have seen what it takes when I go to my bro’s in Idaho – they are way out of the way and have to plow their long driveway to get to the road around their tract. Yep, lovin’ my sunny (or sometimes rainy) CA at this point in time. :p You must let us know about BBL – I have seen the review on the OD and it seems to be a goodie !

Jen – sounds like you are doing a little better with the sickies? Sorry you are craving the comfort food when not working out. I am almost there even though I’m not sick but just falling into little bouts of ‘funk’ these days. I hate it when I get that way – am trying to get my workouts in though. Hope you get to feeling better so you can burn off some of the ‘damage’. Besides, eating well helps healing – you remember hearing that, right ! ? ;)Nice to hear the house is going well – that seems to be tough for many couples. Can’t wait to see pics of your workout room ! Did ya get your rotation planned out?

Diana – busy busy lady lately huh? And in the yucky weather to boot. Speaking of boot, hope you get into a bootcamp class. Good idea to see if some of the others might switch times. Ohhhh, can’t wait to start Meso 2 as I love the tri sets. Boy do I wish I could work from home and get some of my chores done at the same time. Not thinking I’d want the snow though. . . Have you booked your flight yet? I’m getting ready – the cheaper ones are nearly gone for me so need to do it soon. Gotta check with DH and kids to see how I can get to the airport Fri. AM and then I’m good to book.

Laura – LOL about all the ‘Poochy” talk. Sounds like you could have made the BBL workouts yourself ! Didn’t think about doing CC’s only walking and using the incline rather than running. I might try that. Ran last week but the back pain/soreness didn’t feel too well. Walking might just be the answer. Your classes do sound like tough ones ! I remember an instructor I had way back when I used to go to a gym. She was the only one I’d take cuz the others were a waste of my time. I want a hard workout or forget it – I’d rather do laundry – well not really, but when I spend the time working out I WANT TO WORK ! Someday you’ll have to turn your rec room into our DC workout space for a Poochy RT ! OOOOHHHHH I can picture that one ! LOL !:eek:

Time for this girl to go get her foffee ! Have a safe day girls !

Hello again.

Finally got into work at about 9:20 after the 70-80 minutes it took me to dig my car out :eek: and the horrid driving I had to do! The roads are not good and I had to go to my mom's to drop DS off before coming here. When I got here I was surprised to see that my boss wasn't even in yet! I called him on his cell and he said he was still a good half hour away and that he felt like he was on an episode of the show "Ice Road Trucker" b/c of how bad the roads are. That being said...I don't feel bad at all for being late and I am sure plenty of people stayed home from work today all together as well!

That's all for now.

BBL!

Morning ladies!!!

aarrrrgggg ... grrrrrrrr .. no sleep again :mad: my house is a MADHOUSE .. Buster is BONKERS ... OMG .. I was up and down all night .. had to put my bar stools on my furniture so as he would not try to molest the cushions :confused: had to close off one bedroom .. toots was peacefully passed out on her chair and ottoman w/o so much as a small concern on Buster's antics .. It was 24 degrees so they couldnt stay out .. and I had the outside dogs in the pool room shut off from them .. I did put Buster and Toots out at one point and Buster just barked NONSTOP at Toots who could care less ..then I would let him inside .. put him in room w/me .. he would wimper and whine .. then get comfortable and SNORE .. it was like sleeping in the room w/big foot :( .. DH came in this morning .. told him if he wanted sleep .. put outside dogs out .. put them in pool room (with all cushions removed) and confine them to the back yard!! :mad: .. aahhhh got prbly another week of this .. Buster has not eaten since Monday .. at least his fat @$$ will loose some weight .. poor man .. he is kinda pitiful LOL!

OK .. I am done complaining :confused: .. despite the constant state of disarray at the house .. DH and I managed a NICE date night ;) .. and DOMS report .. still DOMing in the buttock but hammies are much better .. tonight is 4 step weighted torture .. SIL was to have some guys in her class last night .. will have to touch base w/her to see if they braved it!!

Wendy .. YIKES girlie .. ya'll are getting pounded!!! I saw the "snow mountains" they were making in DC .. they are taking dumptrucks and backhoes to remove the snow from the roads b/c it is too much to "push out of the way" .. so they got empty parking lots and dumping the snow there by trucks :eek: :confused: .. all I gotta say is "GLOBAL WARMING MY ARSE!!!" ... BE SAFE .. hope you can travel ok ..

Lori .. SIL is still ill .. but better .. LOL .. think she is ILL at my brother .. he will be out of town for a couple weeks .. which the duties of DN will fall completely on her shoulders and that limits her going and exercise etc .. so sure she is ILLLLLL ... LOL about the Boss being nervous and not "selling" the contact # .. ummmmm .. sounds like he is on fast track to really ticking NEW bosses off .. he needs to remember he is at THEIR mercy!

Jacque .. wouldnt it be a HOOT to get all my cyber pals here for a Poochy RT .. we would work our @$$es off .. THEN .. party and have fun!!! the CC doing the power walk .. it is different .. works the heck out of you legs and booty .. the reason I started the power walking CC is b/c I didnt want to get "drenched" at lunch .. I run them usually .. but powerwalking when he says "hill climb" I jack that incline up high and increase my speed too .. it was a great workout ... like I said running is easier on the muscles to me .. power walking my hammies and butt burns out big time!!!!

Jen .. I know you must have another snow day today too .. hope you are feeling better!

Di .. are you getting the snow like Wendy and Jen????

OK .. gott jet ... the plan is CC again at lunch .. then tonight is my 4 step weighted torture!! they are still saying we are to have 1 - 5 inches of snow tmrw .. supposed to start tonight .. and the most accumulation in morning ...:confused: .. my luck I will get into work and not be able to get home .. we are not equipt to clear or salt the roads here ... ugh ...OK .. have a great one!:D

Hi Ladies!

My workout was 5 miles on the TM and 7 weights segments of BC. Good workout.

Wendy** Your so sweet taking it easy on DH:D;) I would do the same. I kinda like shoveling snow but I don't do it. How were you not soaking with sweat by the time you got to work? Im sure you weren't the only one late. We are suppose to have snow starting tonight...I am kinda hoping for it b/c we are suppose to have a flight early in the morning!

Jacque** Glad to hear you got some good shut eye and by the sounds of it, you have the evening to yourself! Swwwwweet! I don't get many of those anymore:rolleyes: I am suppose to be going to a friends house tonight, Im not sure if thats still the plan but I hope there isn't piles of food staring me in the face!

I will bbl!

Hiya chickadees!

Chatty bunch here today :D

This is just a fly-by because I'm actually back at work today. Feeling better than I did yesterday and Tuesday for sure, but still not great. NASTY head cold now. I hate those. And, I'm happy to report that the blizzard everyone anticipated turned out to be a big dud for us! I'm not complaining about that at all. Even the temps are tolerable for us today.

Will bbs for personals~

Jen

Hi ladies,

Thankfully there is only one more week of basketball for Jerod. Taking him to his morning practice really cuts into my workout time! Oh, and Thursday's he has basketall and baseball practice.

This morning I managed disc 15, back and biceps. OMG, my forearms were killin' me. Using the weights I did last time I did this rotation is proving pretty tough for this mesocycle. I used 35# for one arm rows and 60#bb for rows, 40#bb for bicep curls and I thought my forearms were going to give out on me. I may do each week of mesocycle 2 twice...my favorite mesocycle.

I'm heading out to the post office to send my gd's their valentine "stuff" and then heading to the rec ctr. I want to try out the new step mill.:)

Wendy-glad to hear you made it to work safely. One of the benefits of having 3 sons is they get the chore of shoveling!:D I don't mind shoveling though, but driving on snowy slick roads is a whole 'nother story.

Lori-Nice workout this morning missy! I don't know how you do it....keep up with the day to day stuff with your crazy schedule, you are amazing. Oh, and lets not forget you have a toddler to take care of too! Have fun with your friends tonight. Hope you get the raise you're hoping for.

Jacque-did you say Imax 3....that sounds like a fun one for tomorrow!!! I plan on booking my flight today, tomorrow, or this weekend. I too missed the lower fares...oh well. DH will probably take me to the airport on his way to work. Wish me luck on the step mill. They say to start out with only 10 minutes...I'm going to give it a try. I did get 4 loads of laundry done yesterday!:p Any word on the job front?

Laura-it's been dry here for a few days, with temps in the mid 40's and sunny! I wish I could come to 4 step weighted torture..sounds right up my alley.;) Count me in for the Poochy road trip, we would have tons of fun I'm sure. My backside has been sore for a few days, disc 13 really gave me DOMs.

Jen-glad you are on the mend. You shouldn't feel guilty for taking a few days off...you need to rest and let your body recover. Once you're feeling better you can go back to your w/o's.

bbl

Lunchtime ! ! ! Eating some leftover grilled peppers & onions along with the grilled sausages we made the other night - then added some hash browns. Yummy and though not totally fat free, should be a good amount of energy to do an Imax at least most of the way through. :eek:

Laura - bummer about the poochies. Sometimes I'd give anything, even a night of sleep to have my 'dog kids' back again. After this I am definitely feeling that ol adage "empty nest". The parrots are fun & silly but just not the same as dogs or children. Not sure how much longer I want to go without a pup. Guess that is just totally opposite of your SIL at this point in time ! Hope the snow is good to you so you can get home !

Jen - poor thing you're back at work already? Take it easy so you don't have a relapse. Good to hear the storm bypassed you. So about that written rotation . . . :rolleyes:

Diana - My forearms aren't used to these weights either. My hand is falling asleep just holding my "foffee" mug in the AM these days. I remember them getting much stronger by the time STS was done. Hope the same things happens this time. My flight is only an hour so trying to figure out who and when I can get to the airport. I emailed the recruiter y'day cuz I need to book my flight and figured just in case I can't take that Fri off . . . she said there is an additional interview with "the bosses wife" but she didn't "think it will fly". Said she's out of the office Fri & Mon so probably be back in touch Tues or so. AND . . . she said she is crossing her fingers for me. Now whether she was just being nice or ??? I'm not sure. We do seem to hit it off though. We shall see . . .

Lunch is over :( :confused: until later . . .

Hey girlies .. the day is almost done .. they are now saying we are under winter storm warning .. and accumulation in area will be 5 - 7 inches :confused: .. we are gonna break records for our area .. and work put our their rules on inclement weather .. bottom line if I cant make it in they will come get me :confused::mad: pooooh!!! I am about 30 miles from town in the country what I will be driving in is totally different from what the town will be :mad: OH WELL .. gonna pack the snow boots, make sure i have water and blankets in case I get stuck or slide off road :confused: .. we have NOTHING to clear the roads .. and IF the county can manage to get some road salt and IF they managed to actually get to the bridges I have to cross MAYBE it will be ok!! *humph*

OK .. getting ILLLLLLL ... watch out class!!!!! LOL

everyone have a good one!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.