Damage Control...Thursday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

I caught up on personals last night and was the last to post so go check 'em out. :)

Today's work out will be Butts & Guts or some premix there of. That'll hurt! :eek:

Takin' DS to work with me today. Gotta be in at 8 instead of 9 but that means I'm outta there at 11. WOOH! :D

Headin' up to MIL's for dinner tonight...fun but not good for the waistline! :eek:

Gotta go but I'll BBL!

Good Morning Everyone!:)

Did I miss anything yesterday? I didn't get here of course:mad:

I went for a nice run yesterday. Two days in a row without a stroller!:D The girl I run with claims that I was "sprinting" the whole way. I did notice that she was a couple of feet behind me the whole time.

I have also signed up for a 10 k race this weekend:) And b/c of it I am having my picture taken for the local paper today! ugh! Im not OVERLY thrilled about it but I felt bad saying no. So I have to get ready soon and get that over and done with.

Oh man...I was out to my inlaws yesterday evening for dinner....that was suppose to be at 6, and we didn't eat until 7:20! I was so fustrated! What is the deal with having dinner so late all the time? MY BIL ran to my inlaws house so they wouldn't put the burgers on until he got there....then we ate 45 mins AFTER that! If the burgers were going to take so long, why didn't they cook them WHILE he was running? Anyway, I sent a message to DH( he wasn't there, he was fishing) complaining about how dinner wasn't ready and I should have stayed home. While I was in the room with DS, my phone viberted and my MIL picked it up and read it!:eek: I "think" she may have knowen what I was saying but she thought that the message was FROM DH not TO DH and she said " Dave sent you a message, something about he should have stayed home" I think once she had time enough to think about it, she would have caught on. I couldn't help it, DS was tired and hungry, they had also invited my dad for dinner but he couldn't make it for the "6 o'clock" dinner so I was suppose to bring his to my house at 7 and now its 7:20, still haven't eaten, and now I need to bring my dad his dinner before I can eat my own. Not only that, my phone was in a case. Why did she take it out and read my message? She had no business doing that. I told DH today that I think his mother read it, she may have just skimmed through it though and not really "read" it. If she did and brings it up I will just tell her like it is. DS was having tantrums, the house was full of people ( always is...Im not sure whats up with that...thats the 3rd gathering since Sun) and he was hungry...so I said " I should have stayed home"

Alright...thats my rant:eek::p

Wendy** Have fun with B&G's! Hopefully your dinner will be better then mine at my inlaws last night. The next time they invite me I am going to say " so when are we eating?" I hate eating that late! Drives me nuts!

Im not sure when I will fit my workout in today. I am thinking about waiting until tonight to go for my run...but we will see what kind of day I am having with DS. I am also suppose to do a leg workout!

Goooooood Morning, ladies!

I actually saw the sun for about ten minutes this morning! That cheered me up a bit. Glad to see that it's still there ;)

No workout for me to report this morning, but I do plan on getting one in after work today. Shouldn't have a problem with that, the kids are with their dad and DSO has a meeting. I have the whole evening to myself :D

Even though I didn't workout this morning, I still got up before five. I had every intention of working out but I just wasn't feeling it. So I took advantage of my time and colored my hair instead. Also made a big salad and fruit salad, too. Kind of a productive morning.

Wendy: Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you! Have fun with B&G and at MIL's :)

Lori: Well, I really can't say anything about eating that late because by the time I get home from work and get dinner made, we're always eating that late! However, I will say that your MIL has some nerve picking up your phone and reading the message! I cannot believe that! I think she needs to learn her boundaries :rolleyes: I doubt she really understood what was said, but if she did and is remotely offended, I say it serves her right and she should learn to mind her own business. And yeah, all you can do is be straight with her about why you said it. I think your reasons are completely understandable.

All right, gotta get to work, but will bbl to see who's around.

Jen

Morning ladies ..

my unofficial rest day was wonderful .. although not much cleanmax got done .. b/c I got to chatting w/my friends on office goings on .. :eek: .. crazy crazy .. anyway .. DH and I grilled a steak and had a great night anyways!! today no lunch w/o .. gonna do a mish mosh of step - circuits - and floorwork tonight ... the DOMS are gone and I am feeling PUFFY from PMS .. so gonna try to make it a toughie!!

Wendy .. I am flitting off to the beach this weekend :cool: .. supposed to be deep sea fishing SAT and SUN .. although I am thinking the seas are gonna be ROUGH .. we have a full boat both days so DH hates to back out on them .. but OMG I dont want to get the crap beat out of us and have everyone green ... :confused:.. I am sure we will still go SAT .. but secretly keeping fingers crossed we come on home SUN morning :eek:

Lori .. LOL .. ooohhh you pulled a Laura w/the text .. I ALWAYS get caught putting my foot in my mouth w/the in laws .. they are the opposite they usually eat early .. and sometimes will finish b-4 we get there :mad: .. and not bother waiting until THE TIME THEY TOLD US TO BE THERE :mad::mad: I dont get it .. just incosiderate .. especially since we are the ones that have to TRAVEL to their house .. needless to say we dont eat w/them very often .. THANK GOD!!! ;)

Jen .. glad you got some sun ... funny when you go a while w/o it IS depressing .. we got plenty of it here ... still scorching away down here!!!

Hello to Di and Jacque!!

OK .. gotta run .. have a great one . and great sweaty workouts .. I gotta sweat out the CABS and steak I consumed last night ... :eek: ... will BBL to see what you girls are up to ... :D

Hello Girls.

Just eating a quick snack before heading up to MIL's....

Did all of the B&G standing work plus the inner thigh leg lifts and I added my own set of calf work on at the end as well. Followed that up with a walk to the bank pushing DS in a stroller and then we came back home, dropped the stroller off and took another short walk that DS actually wanted to WALK for. LOL All in all it was about an hour of walking. Needless to say I should make 10k w/o a problem today! :D

My legs are likely to be insanely sore tmrw and I have a run scheduled!!! It's okay though. I like running on sore legs. I know-I'm crazy!!!:p

That's all I have time for now...I haven't logged a morsel of food yet today so I need to do that before I leave!

BBL or in the morning!:D

Good evening all,

Long day - no time for my cyber friends until now. And because the sun was out and it was a wonderful 77', I came home, changed into my running gear, grabbed my iPod and off I went. Even with a couple of eletronic malfunctions (electronic girls, no bra issues, LOL ! :p) I still made my 4.25 miles in less than 45 min. Good run, feel great. Now I missed 2 days of cardio and had a wedding shower at lunch so no weights for me today, yet . . . Was supposed to do legs, may do tri's a bit later since I don't want to work my leggies any more today. We'll see if I get sore as it was my first outdoor run since last summer. :eek: May just have motivate me though ! Hit 10.8K with my run. Took the ped off - gonna hit the spa as soon as I'm done here. :rolleyes:

Wendy - nice job on B&G ! That is such a killer workout ! Will be waiting to see how the DOMS play out for you tomorrow. Hope you had a great time at MIL's.

Lori - well I think your running buddy is probably right about the sprinting part cuz your times are waaaayyyyy faster than anything I'll ever do - well, maybe for 30 seconds I could keep up ! :p Smile pretty for the camera and make sure you hold a sign that says "Hi DC girlies !" That will definitely make people wonder, huh? ;) I'm understanding about late dinners, but my DH is way slower than your IL's so no complaining from you girl, ya hear ! If we eat before 8 or 8:30 it's a miracle. And we don't have Jen's excuse for getting home late - DH plays on the computer looking at Hot Wheels for at least an hour before he can figure out that it is time to start the BBQ. And if I am working out, he has to wait until I am done so I can sit for a half hour before it is even time to put the meat on? :confused: I raised my kids, shouldn't have to tell an adult what to do - I have those at work that need their hands held !

Jen - I'm almost with you on the alone night (course I don't have kids here) since DH plays hockey on Thurs nites - no dinner to cook (or actually I don't have to wait for him - I can eat when I want to). Took out a hunk of Mahi Mahi which I'll grill in just a bit. Yummy ! Plan is to color the hair for me too ! ;) Did ya get your workout in tonight?

Laura - glad you enjoyed your rest day. Hope the puffies go away soon - wish that my excuse - think it was too much Mexican and lasagne ! Another reason for the longer run tonight. . . Did you have a sweaty workout too? Sounds like a fun weekend - we're supposed to be high 90's so I'll be thinking of you out on the cool seas ! :p

Diana - hope you had a great day !

Okie dokie - spa time !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.