Damage Control....Thursday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

AC was fun. Got back around 7 last night. I came home a winner in that I didn't lose all the money my mom gave me to play with so I came home with more then went down with. I'm gonna buy myself something now. :) Indulged in food and cabs while I was down there ofcourse. Today I hope to work off the damage with Lean Circuit 3 and some cardio! :D

BBL!

God Morning, Wendy!! Welcome back, we missed you around here yesterday.

And Happy Birthday again! Today is the day, so I hope you do something pampering for yourself.

I'm kind of in a fog this morning because I managed to catch up on my sleep last night. Forgive me for any incoherence ;)

I've got some nice DOMS from yesterdays workout and I'm feeling pretty good. I was worried last night because my abs were really starting to hurt, but it looks like a night of rest shooed those away. Today is supposed to be a rest day, and I think I'll make it one.

Hello to all who follow!! Will BBS to see what everyone is up to ~

Jen

Thanks again for the B'day wishes, Jen (and all!)! :)

So how'd ya like your first CLX work out? I read the thread when I got home last night and got the feeling you enjoyed it! :D When you can truly lift to your potential you will like it even more! :eek: ;)

Gotta jet....I haven't done a thing to get myself/DS ready for school and work yet! :eek:

BBL!

***HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDY***
Hi Ladies,

Wow, my body is feeling creaky today. Yesterday morning I did plyo legs, a cardio workout in itself. I think I sweat more doing that DVD than a true cardio dvd. Last night I went to bodypump class with my AOM group. If you don't already know, bodypump is endurance lifting to music. It hits all the muscle groups. I can honestly say that both power hour and muscle endurance are harder than bodypump. This morning will be a short & sweet w/o, Burn it off! Tonight is tri training class!

I have to be to work early again today, but it is my last day of class. I'm suffering from information overload! I left with such a headache last night it was nice to meet up with the girls and w/o.

Wendy-glad you came home a winner-with at least enough money to buy yourself something.

Jen-Please make sure you use very light weights if you're doing CLX. We don't want you to have any setbacks. Chalene has a great personality, CLX was my first introduction to her. Then a friend send me abjam which is another fun Chalene ab w/o.

Jacque-Sorry about tweaking the back. I hope it feels better soon. What's you're new GS's name etc. How is DIL doing? What did you think of plyo legs?

Lori-I looked through your vacation pics on FB. It brought back fond memories of riding the Hulk and the Spiderman ride!! I remember going on a water ride there that was pretty fun too. Your son is just a doll, and your daughter looks a lot like you!

Laura-I'm just trying to keep up with you and your crazy w/o schedule. Somedays though my body makes me feel old. I hope you like your new digs once you can move in-and get off the counter. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like that at all.

Have a great day ladies....

Wendy, I loved the workout yesterday! It was intense and the perfect length. I could really get into these 35-ish minute workouts. So do you take both rest days each week? And do you add on much cardio? I'm trying to decide how I'm going to get the most out of this rotation once I go back to work, which is Monday. I figure I'll do CLX in the a.m. before work, but I'm wondering if I should plan on some additional cardio after work a couple days a week. You know how the fitness industry now cautions against too much cardio, but I work a desk job and am on my butt just about all day. Confused...I'll tell ya, sometimes I wonder if I'd be happier as a mailperson with a walking route or a UPS guys or something. Really hate being chained to a desk all day getting fat.

Diana, Bodypump was a lot of fun when it first came out, but yeah, Cathe's endurance workouts kicked Bodypump's arse! The music rocks, though. I read you loud and clear on taking it easy. I have some non-DOMS pain today in the ab region that is warning me to watch out. I decided to rest today so that I didn't make it worse and so I'll be able to to do Burn Circuit 2 tomorrow :D Will employ caution though.

Hi Girls.

I just finished my work out. I did Lean Circuit #3 and Burn It Off. LC#3 rocked just like the other 2 and yup...you guessed it...MORE PLANK WORK!!!:D:eek::D

Jen: I am adding cardio to CLX because the cardios are really really short plus I need to run at least once a week to keep my endurance up for that. I refuse to let it go down the drain for the sake of following a rotation to a "T". Your really have to play with it and see what works for you because no matter what "they" say...everyone is different and CLX as produced is not going to give everyone the exact results they are looking for so tweak it as you see fit, I say! :D So are you happy to be getting back to work or have you gotten used to your life of liesure? ;)

Diana: They do not do actual Body Pump classes at my gym but they do offer the same kind of class at my gym...endurance lifting (with a barbell) to music. It's a good class but ITA that Cathe is tougher! Thanks for the B'day wishes. I was very happy to come home with some cash. I am going to buy the extra CLX dvd which has another straight cardio, a circuit cardio and an ab work out on it.

Oh so I finally used my 20% coupon I had for pre-ordering Shock Cardio. I bought the weighted gloves and they got delivered today! Can't wait to try them out! :)

DH is giving me $200 cash to go shopping for whatever I want for my Birthday! WOO HOO! I feel like Wilma and Betty on the Flintstones..."CHAAAAAAARGE IT!!!!" LOL :p

I made a phone call today about a possible p/t job at a plastic surgeon's office. I am awaiting a call back from the woman who is in charge of filling the position. She was not available when I called. I was making myself sick with nerves waiting so I decided to work out and said I would stop if the phone rang. She still hasn't called and I called her about 2-3 hours ago. I think she's trying to kill me over here! LOL The position is 6 hours a day, 2 days a week working in the reception area. The pay is great for p/t work and if I keep my current job on the other days of the week it should work out pretty well. I'm just not sure how the summer will pan out. I don't know if it will pay to have him in aftercare while I work at the gym or if I should bring him with me which I really don't want to do....Oh well...better not count my chickens before they are hatched. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. (sorry so long-nerves talking!)

Okay, gotta jump in the shower now.

BBL!

Wendy, just wanted to wish you luck on the p/t job!! That's very exciting, and I just have one tiny little question...Will you be able to get me a discount???? ;):p;)

Good advice re: adding cardio. I've been running lately and sloooooowly building up my endurance, and I think I'd like to continue that through the summer, maybe run a 5k race here and there for fun.

OMG, that's a decent spending spree there, girl! Have fun with that!!

And no, ugh, I'm so NOT looking forward to going back to work. Don't get me wrong, I like my job, and my boss has told me that I'd be personally responsible for her, the office manager's, and several other's nervous breakdowns if I don't return soon...which I take as a compliment....but, man oh man, could I get used to this life of leisure. In fact, I have. I have commanded SO to win the lottery and make me a kept woman :D (He never listens to me though!!)

Jen, BTW I am currently taking 2 rest days per week as prescribed though not necessarily on the days Chalean has mapped out. I take them when they work best for me. I like it but don't think I'll do it forever. It can be very difficult to cram everything in to a 5 day period at times. :eek:
So you wanna be a kept woman huh? LOL Hey, do you know what I said when I heard about this p/t job? CAN I GET A DISCOUNT!? :D:D:D I see nothing wrong with plastic surgery as long as you can afford it, you are educated about the procedure you are getting and have done your research on your doctor,etc. There is ofcourse a line to be drawn. Some folks go overboard. I had a procedure done when I was in my early 30's and don't regret it one bit. I have always said that if I can afford it at some point in the future I would consider it again. I say to heck with aging naturally...FIGHT IT IF YOU CAN!!!!:p Okay, off my soapbox now! ;)

Wendy, know what I say to that?

Amen, sistah! ;)

I saw a reflection of my neck in my laptop screen the other day that was not flattering at all. I'm not panic stricken over it yet, because it doesn't look the same when I'm looking in the mirror (I figure angle of my head as I look down at the screen has a lot to do with it), but oh boy did I make a mental note to keep an eye on those wrinkles and fully intend to nip/tuck that in the bud when it's time!! And if I had the dough, believe me, a tummy tuck would be right around the corner (it wasn't exactly pretty before, but now it's downright scary :eek:). When I was younger I really wanted a boob job, but these days I have worse things to worry about, so I've reorganized my priorites ;)

Trust me, plastic surgery is definitely on the 100 things to do before I die list.

OK - no time to post today - but then again I don't have a workout to post. Y'day ended up watering so I didn't lose my plants and then today I am feeling like my discs are compressed. Took a heavy load of enrollment materials to another site today and I can feel it. If I picked up any heavy weights it would be calling me from the area between the two discs right now. May just wait until next Monday and skip this week because I don't want to workout using light weights. Hopefully I won't have lost the strength I built up the first 2 Mesos ! :eek:

Wendy - way to go in AC and with the shopping spree ! Fun fun fun for you right now, huh? Crossing fingers that the PT job pans out for you. Sounds absolutely perfect. How about a PS RT? LOL ! ;)

Jen - You are doing great on your workouts. Good to hear the DOMS subsided after sleeping - but you are going to be careful with these non-DOMS right? I know you will and I'm glad I listened to your advice to make sure to heal first - didn't workout last night and today the back is a bit worse. I just don't want to loose the strength gains I made the past couple of months - but health comes first I guess. I am not even going to start about what I would have PS for. Am thinking I'm getting a bit too old for all of it now - not sure I could handle it. We will see as time goes by. . .

Diana - glad to hear tomorrow is your last day of brain tiring classes. It sure takes alot out of you, huh? I have no energy to even workout after days like that - good for you for burning off the overstimulation ! Not sure if I will go as heavy as the workouts show - I think I was maxing out at about 65 lbs on the bench press last time. I will try to match it if not add a couple of lbs - I did get two sets of pace weights so I can add a lb at a time. I am looking forward to legs w/a squat rack though. That's why I need my back to handle the weight before I go for it. And I loved loved loved the Plyo Legs. I think I may join you on doing 2 legs days because the plyo was so cardio focused. I used light weights since I did it as a cardio workout, but could still feel a great burn in my legs even with the light weights.

Laura - well girl I guess you were a busy one today since you didn't get here. Were you perhaps moving your 'puter so you couldn't check in with us? <<<Crossing fingers>>>.

Lori - Haven't seen you post for a while - did I miss you somehow? Or are you just getting back into the "swing" of things after a nice week and a half of vacationing?

That's all for tonight - may be late checking in tomorrow since I left the office for a half day of meetings - need to get that darned month end done in one day tomorrow ! :eek:

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.