Damage Control....Thursday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Peeps! :)

It's been a week since I started calorie staggering and........I lost a pound! I lost a pound! I lost a pound! Can you tell I'm excited? :p :D I normally wouldn't be so flippin' happy over a single pound but with the way things have been going for me lately I'll take ANYTHING I can get! :rolleyes: Y'day was my third low cal day in a row so I get to celebrate the loss with a high cal day today! Can life get any better!?!? ;) LOL

Y'day's work out was Push 2 + 15-20 of cardio at the gym before Centergy class. I wanted to get in 30 minutes but didn't get there in time. I had dinner plans with a friend y'day but they were cancelled at the last minute. BOOH. We are going to try to reschedule for next week.

Today's work out is Burn Intervals though I may sub in something else for it. My knee was talkin' to me in class last night so I may want to be nice to it today. I wasn't thrilled with the low impact version of BI so I have to decide how I want to handle it. :)

I apologize but I don't have time for personals right now. It's later then I thought it would be. Gotta get ready for work/school. I'll be back this afternoon to catch for sure though! :)

Bye bye!

Good Morning!!

Wendy** Woo Hoo on the pound lost!! How much are you hoping to lose? Im hoping not to gain to much while I am away and I was even considering packing my scale:rolleyes: but that would be crazy! If DH saw me taking my scale out of my bag, it would be confirmed that I have "issues";) I like staying below 124. I feel good here and my clothes feels good. The nasty number 2 weeks ago was ove 128:( I nearly died when I steped on the scale! Anyway...thats gone now and I am back down again:)

DS received a clean bill of health yesterday:) So releived! His blood work was the best she had ever seen it and the pneumonia is all gone:)

I think we are probably going to leave for the city tomorrow afternoon. There will be tons to do around here but DH wants to head in and start our vaca ASAP so I guess we will.

Todays workout is going to be a run and legs. DS was awake at 7:30 so he may need a nap at some point. If not, I will workout with him in the roon again and go for a run later.

I will bbl! I have to run out and do a couple of things!

Lori:)

Good Morning ladies!

Wendy, woo hoo on the pound lost!! Awesome job! Trust me, I know exactly how excited you are about it. Good for you! Got confirmation that my CLX is on its way, so soon enough I'll know what Burn Intervals is :D Can't wait. Hope you enjoy your workout.

Lori, so happy to hear about DS's clean bill of health! You must be very relieved. There's nothing worse than seeing your baby sick :( Glad to hear he's all better. LOL about you packing the scale! I know that feeling...try and give yourself a break for the vaca and worry about it when you get home. You're going to be so active while you're there that I'm sure vacation will have no negative impact on you.

Laura, don't apologize for making your classes challenging! Just tell those wimps to suck it up and do it ;) Just kidding, but I'm sure your regulars appreciate the challenge. It's usually hard to find an instructor who pushes the envelope a little.

Jacque, great workout! How are those legs doing today? I really didn't get to enjoy the sun much yesterday...it was still too freakin' cold! But it's supposed to reach the fifties today, so maybe I'll get to soak some up later.

So the plan is to hit the treadmill again today, and I'd like to figure out how to get some resistance work in without using too much weight. I'll have to see what I've got in the dvd archives for that. Will BBL to report!

Have great days everyone!

Jen

Good Morning Ladies!

It's finally Thursday and I only have one meeting today, and not until 3pm. I have plenty of time to get everything done prior to the meeting.

Yesterday I was up at 5:30 to get my leg workout in before work. I was co-leading an all day training session, those make for long days. I was at work for 10 hours-not fun.

This morning will be a cardio w/o of some sort. I'm not familiar with Step Heat, (think i've done it once) so may give that a try today. I really need to pick up the cardio more and taking the weekend off was not good for me.

A few of my fellow meltdowners and myself are following a yearly 6 week program called America on the Move in our city. It's basically a challenge to get folks to exercise and eat better. Walking is a big part of it, or counting steps etc. They have weekly weigh ins and challenges and you can win pedometers, etc. I think the kickoff is April 20th or so. We are hoping following this program will help us stay in shape between the the time our meltdown class ends and bootcamp starts.

Lori-Glad you had that bothersome tooth pulled before heading on vacation. I cannot believe you have the energy to workout so late at night. Are you able to go right to sleep after that? Nice to hear that Rylan got a clean bill of health too!! I think you would be a great PT.

Wendy-what site did you use to determine your calories/staggering. Since I haven't been able to get in more cardio I need to work more on the food side. Obviously this method is working for you-Great Job!

Jacque-My chest is still a bit sore from Monday's w/o. I used a barbell for lunges yesterday so I could go heavier. I still struggle using heavy db's for legwork but do like the difference of db's over bb's. It's nice to change things up. I've also been missing out on a lot of the ab work-I need to work on that.

Laura-Are you PIA free now?? Hope you enjoy it. The weather here has been all over the place too. It was sunny and 70 yesterday, back in the 30's over night, and today calls for a high of 55 and rain.

Jen-so glad you are back with us. Walking is a good place for you to start. At only 2 weeks out you probably shouldn't be doing anything else yet but letting your body heal. I'm sure it feels great just walking after being sedentary for a while.

It's time for me to get that workuot started...

bbl

Morning Ladies!

OUCHI WAWA!!! My chest is a hurting BAAAAD today!! the heavier weight did me in!! :confused: My entire front side of my torso is sore .. my tris and abs are sore too!!! ouchie!!! Today is a power walk at lunch .. then plyo/LB/core class tonight!

Wendy .. WOOOHOOO for the one pound loss!!! After my behavior last week .. no way am I getting on the scale .. clothes are still fitting the same .. but feeling the "fluff" around my abdomen!!:(

Lori .. "step away from the scale" .. girl leave that scale alone .. yes DH would think you have issues if you drag the scale on vacation w/you .. GO .. HAVE FUN .. PARTAKE .. burn it off later!!!;) SOOOOO glad Rylan is A-OK ... and your tooth is better .. your vacation is gonna be a blast!!

Jen .. thanks for the kind words on me being challenging .. yes I do push .. and my regulars are used to it .. when they travel and take from other instructors they always complain about how they cant get a workout like my classes .. makes me feel good ..but always worry about being too hard to scare off others .. guess it is a double edged sword .. b/c if I were easier my regulars would not get anything out of it .. so I keep it hard and challenging but "scare" a lot of people off :confused:

Di .. only one meeting today .. woohooo ... and enjoy your cardio today .. dont worry... last week ... I take home the prize of "blowing it big time ":eek:

Jacque .. We are on the last 2 disc of meso 2 ... we got behind when I got sick ... then we went to Biloxi which put us a couple of more days behind .. this really shoulb be our active recovery week .. but this will be our last week of meso 2 .. THEN next week our active recovery and my much needed extra cardio sessions!!:)

OK .. better run .. it is a beautiful day!!! highs around 76 .. sunshine .. although tmrw it is supposed to RAIN AGAIN .. :mad: ... but luckily clear out for Easter weekend!! Have a great one!

Hey Girls.

I have a few minutes before I have to leave for my mom's house so I figured it would be a good time to check in and do personals. :)

I opted to do Burn Intervals today but I modified it to low impact by using the Low Max blasts in place of Chalene's cardio. I used my son's little dvd player to play the blasts on while the BI disc was in the regular player on the tv. I just paused each when I was doing the other. I worked out well. Only 7 blasts in LM though and 10 cardio intervals in BI so I just did the last 3 BI cardios as produced. Two out of three were not high impact anyway so it worked out well. Then I replaced the final lower body band work with 30 inner thigh leg lifts on each side. Great work out! :D I realized though part way through the work out that..DUH...I can probably play my work outs on my computer since it's got a dvd burner in it. It MUST be able to play them too right!? My computer is in my work out room so I'll try that next time. If it works, I'll be set! :)

Laura: Queen of DOMS strikes again! LOL We are having great temps today too! I took DS to the park for a little while after school and it was a MOB SCENE! :eek: Sorry about the fluff. Drink lots of water and eat well and it will go away soon enough. :)

Diana: Good luck with your America on the Move challenge. You have such a great spirit and motivation! I'm sure you'll do well! I go here for calorie requirements: http://www.annecollins.com/calories/calorie-needs-women.htm. Click on the calorie calculator on the right side. Once you get your maintenance cals then subtract no more then 500 for your deficit number. HTH! :)

Jen: So what did you find to help you add in some light resistance? WOO HOO for CLX being on the way! I think you will like it! The work outs are short but intense! :D I read your response about eating less and keeping my exercise intensity down. I am with you. I couldn't do it. If I ate any less I'd starve even if I didn't work out at all. I also wouldn't enjoy my work outs if I knocked the intensity down because then it wouldn't even feel like a work out to me.

Lori: I am looking to lose 4 pounds. Now that I am down a pound that will put me at my weight before I started gaining. Once I get there I will see how I feel but I SHOULD be happy. :p Glad DS got a clean bill of health. Have a great vacation!!! Will you have any means to check in with us at all while you are away? ;)

Okay, my time is up...gotta run!

BB in the morning! :)

Last edited:
Good Morning!!

Wendy** Woo Hoo on the pound lost!! How much are you hoping to lose? Im hoping not to gain to much while I am away and I was even considering packing my scale:rolleyes: but that would be crazy! If DH saw me taking my scale out of my bag, it would be confirmed that I have "issues";) I like staying below 124. I feel good here and my clothes feels good. The nasty number 2 weeks ago was ove 128:( I nearly died when I steped on the scale! Anyway...thats gone now and I am back down again:)

DS received a clean bill of health yesterday:) So releived! His blood work was the best she had ever seen it and the pneumonia is all gone:)

I think we are probably going to leave for the city tomorrow afternoon. There will be tons to do around here but DH wants to head in and start our vaca ASAP so I guess we will.

Todays workout is going to be a run and legs. DS was awake at 7:30 so he may need a nap at some point. If not, I will workout with him in the roon again and go for a run later.

I will bbl! I have to run out and do a couple of things!

Lori:)
Hi mate, that's a great thing done by you. Your post is inspiring me to start something. What kind of workouts we should do to remove overweight. It would be helpful if you suggest me. Thanks in advance.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.