Damage Control...TGIF!!! Yee haw! LOL

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Glories. :)

Went to bed extra early last night (laying down before 9pm as opposed to between 9:30 and 10:00) b/c DH was exhausted so I took the opportunity to get to bed early myself. Slept like a baby pretty much from just after 9 until 4 and STILL didn't wanna get up this morning. Guess I'll never win. :p

Since I don't have AS yet :( I am back to my original plan of HCEX Hi/Lo though I am considering subbing in IMAX2 just for the fun factor. We will see what my mood brings...

Diana:: So what are you going to do about your foot? Considering the operation? I have a friend who got cortinzone shots in his wrist for carpel tunnel and then eventually went for surgery and is fine now. He is now having issues with his elbow though and his doc said the course of treatment would be the same-cortizone shot for short term but eventually need surgery. I think he's going to do it but not sure when. I think the alarm clock story is funny. Men blindly depend on their women to do everything for them as if they are helpless infants and then have the nerve to get t'd off when it's not done. An adult should never ASSUME someone is going to ANYTHING for them. You are a big boy. Do it yourself or atleast ASK ME IF I'VE DONE IT! Don't assume so and then get mad when it hasn't been done. My husband can be the same way! OY! :rolleyes:

Ok, I guess that's all for now but you know I'll be back!:cool:

I'm back. My work out is done. YEOWZAS!

Ended up doing HCEX w/o#3 which is the IMAX3 intervals + KM Blasts + leg conditioning drills. I skipped the drills but did the entire cardio portion. It kick azz, ladies! 2 thumbs up! :D

Good Morning!

Checking in from DD's computer...this could take a while....or I could lose this all together. Its almost not worth the effort of checking in but my day just wouldn't be the same!

I finally got online banking fixed last night and I sat down to pay some bills. Then I checked the tracking # for the shoes I ordered for the wedding tomorrow and now the delivery date is saying the 13th! I'm rotted!! They were shipping on Tues and delivery is only suppose to take 2-6 days b/c of course I paid for express shipping! Why do I even bother!? I am keeping my fingers crossed that they show up today!

I am not sure what today's workout will be. I am thinking a Inanity workout and STS back and abs. I still haven't figured out when I will get my long run in this weekend. I could NOT drink Sat night and do my run on Sun....that's not gonna happen!

Wendy** What workouts did you order from Cathe? AND I did do some weights as well...you keep insisting that I cheated or I opted out out moves:p What's wrong with you???:rolleyes:;) DD hates it when I ask her whats wrong with her....LOL

Diana** Ah....a pissy DH first thing in the a.m is never good but they get over it. I can't remember the last time I slept in b/c I never seem to have to be at my job at a certain time. My boss kept talking about a new duty he will be passing on to me and my coworker and I had trouble holding back what I really wanted to say...which was..."Im not doing any extra until I get a raise". And its true...Im not doing one more thing then I have to.

Jacque** Its always nice to get compliments. My manager is getting better at it but when he was the owner, he never gave them. I think he was to self absorbed! I am sure you deserve those compliments and its nice that they are noticing them!

Laura** To funny! Did you blow? Did PIA get what she deserved? LOL I have less of a tolerance for things as well. Yesterday evening while I was trying to clue up my work so I could leave, my manager starts yacking to me. I think he does it on purpose sometimes. I think we work to closely and this is why he drives me nuts sometimes.

Yesterday my manager asked me what a reasonable amount of money a kid would need to survive in college. He was asking b/c his son is in school and he is wondering how much money he should deposit into his bank account. He keeps an eye on his account and asked me was "popeyes" was. I told him that it was a supplement store and maybe I should have pretended that I didn't know b/c he has 2 boys and the youngest is clearly his favorite. Meanwhile the older one is a good kid and so meek and mild but he is always yelling at him. Then he went on and on about how he shouldn't be buying things at these stores b/c they aren't good for you. The boy is working out and probably buying a bit of protein powder or something.....but he went on and on and Im thinking...its best he do what he is doing instead of looking like you. He gets on his high horse and talks about what is healthy and what isn't an he is the furthet thing from the jolly green giant. Anyway....he wouldn't listen to me. I told him not all the things are bad in these stores and maybe he is just buying meal replacements for when he is in school or something. Im sure he went home, called him and yelled at him till he turned blue in the face. I ust don't know why unhealthy people feel the need to tell people how they should eat? Gets my beef everytime.

I will bbl!
Lori:)

Hi ladies,

Not sure what I will do this morning as my foot is quite tender. I only have about 30-40 min to w/o this morning. I'm sure I will find something.

Wendy-I'm considering the surgery, but I want to see how my foot responds to this shot. She won't do another cortisone shot so my next option is surgery. It has 6 weeks down time...not fun. 2 weeks no driving, 6 weeks no exercise or very limited.

Lori-hope the shoes show up today. I know here in the states, $100-$250 month is sufficient for students living on campus. This is assuming you set them up with all the toiletries, bedding etc. Meals are covered as part of the room/board so it's really just spending money/gas etc.

Jacque-what do you have on your plate today?

Laura-enjoy your vacation day!

bbl

Lori,

I ordered Athletic Step and I am dying to try it but ofcourse it's taking forever to get here! :rolleyes: LOL about Plyo Legs. Glad to hear you did some of the weight work too. Just love to bust your chops cause it's fun. :p Your boss needs to back off as far as his kid is concerned. Feel bad for the kid and wanna back hand dad! :mad: Glad to see your effort wasn't wasted in posting from your DD's computer.

Happy Happy Friday Ladies ! ! !
36_2_36.gif

Well I'm so very tired . . . y'day was yawning before the day was over and couldn't stop. Didn't do MM after work, sat down to catch up on some work stuff for a bit. Got a little 'talk' from the Pres cuz I'm trying to get stuff ready for a team mtg next week. He told me a story about doing things after you get them rather than before they are due. Well . . . wanted to clock him cuz he has no idea what is on my plate and how HE is one who adds to it along with at least another dozen balls I'm trying to keep in the air without hitting the ground ! UGH, oh well. Point taken that I need Time Management and have said that to MY BOSS a bunch of times. Boss said it isn't my time management but too much piled on my plate. How to win this one? Don't know, I'll just laugh it off and try to do better.

Anyway, fell asleep early enough, slept until after 5 but am still tired. Trying to remember to take my vitamins in hopes that will help. Perhaps I need to eat a little more? If I'm like this after the weekend may just go get a yearly blood draw to see what is up. Even when doing the Cardio Fusion y'day I was winded during the warm up?

Wendy - That is one DVD I don't have - sounds similar to Terminator but with different w/o's. I like the combo ones for sure. And AS is one of my new favs for step. I really like both the new step routines from the latest group of w/o's.

Lori - Hang in there at work. Just a thought coming from an HR person . . . rather than saying you won't take on more duties without more $, somehow you need to prove your value to them. That is more what the execs look for when giving out a raise. We all spend our 40 hrs (or more) a week at work - where the $ fits in depends on the value of the work we are doing. ;) (I know you are venting and probably don't go about it as you write to us here, but just a little tidbit.)

Diana - hope the foot heals without surgery. Sounds like a PITA to get it done - though the results sound positive. I'm trying not to think of what I have to do today. More I get done is less to do this weekend. I thought I was getting a little breather but not seeing it as clearly as I did when the thought came to mind ! :confused:

Laura - Have a great day with DH ! ! ! ! ! :p

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go . . . . :rolleyes:

Diana:: Do upper body this morning if you can! 6 weeks down time is a bummer but think of the pain-free existence you will have after that! :D
I had to take about 6 weeks off with very light or no work outs two times since I started exercising many years ago. It's not fun but you get through it and your strength and endurance will come back to you fast! Don't let that stop you if you think you want to have the surgery. :)

Jacque:: Sorry about the Prez' comments to you. The higher up they are on the food chain the less they usually know about what's REALLY going on. :( Shake it off girl! Your boss is obviously there to back you up! :) I never bothered to get HCEX b/c I was afraid of it but lately I am conquering all of my fears and it feels great! I still have to do the circuit w/o on that dvd...I am sure I can find a place to sneak it in soon enough. ;) I try to take a daily vit as well as an extra 500 mg's of vit C every day. I believe that it helps. I will also take Airborne when I feel really run down or like I might be getting sick. That helps too.

Last edited:
ARGHHHH here too. Took another "hit" at work and really wanted to workout tonight. Got home, DH is asleep, donned my w/o gear and got warmed up for ME. First exercise, leg press, and my inner knee pained the first round ! ! ! :mad:

Tried once more but no go - here I sit on the 'puter, wanting to "throw" some iron and I've got ice on my knee. Felt a little less twinging pain as I walked around the house but am taking no chances. Will see how it is tomorrow and go from there.

Hope y'all have a nice evening.

I think I'll sulk a bit and then find something to laugh at ! :rolleyes: :eek: :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.