Damage Control....TGIF!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies.

I am having one heck of a time motivating myself to work out this morning. I think I lost the 5am work out groove while I was on vacation. :rolleyes: I hope I can get it back! :eek: I guess being able to get up is a start though!

Jacque:: Oh my word...running...haven't run in almost a year now! :eek: So how were the chicken burgers last night? Sounds yummy. Do you cook dinner on the grill pretty much every night of the year or is it when it's hot to keep the house from heating up even more?

Well, if I have any hopes of getting something done, I need to move my arse. BBL!

I'm back and my work out is done!

I ended up doing the orignal Bootcamp (cardio-lower body premix). It was just enough. On a happy note, the bb survived the impact in this one-lots of jacks and air jumps. WOO HOO! :D

Last night I ended up working out too since I slept thru it in the morning. I did about 45 mins of KPC drills. I did the low intensity, the high intensity and then repeated part of the low again. Nice sweat.

Gotta finish getting ready...BBL though!

Good Morning!

Set my alarm to workout this a.m before work but I rolled back over and decided sleep was more important.....:D Aren't y'all proud? LOL I went to bed at 11 and up at 7:30, not to mention I had a nap when I put DS to bed:confused: I shouldn't be sleepy but I am still pretty blah!

I would have taken a rest day from the cardio yesterday but my running partner wanted to go yesterday evening, so we did. I was not into it at all. There was nothing wrong only I didn't want to run! LOL

So my workout yesterday morning was Amy Bento's slo mo (all UB) Kari Andersons abs and last night was a 11 km run. My UB is soooo SORE! There isn't a part that doesn't hurt!

Right now today will be an offical rest day unless I end up eating my face off at some point! LOL

Wendy** Maybe my bellybutton was bad b/c I was working out at the time!:eek: I never took any time off from exercise when it was first done orwhen it got bad. Glad to hear it is getting better though. Its very irritating when that happens. Did you find your motivation?? What workout did you do?

Jacque** Sounds like a fun weekend? And you work the wine tent? LOL We call them tents...even when they aren't. The only thing my coworker will get to enoy for our festivites is the beer tent on Aug 2nd......see....she should have let me had that day off and she could have had sat and sun. I feel like I made the right choice re: the race. And its to late now...I can't register:) Im going to do the 10k race theyhave here on the 1st.

Diana** How was picture day?? I can only imagine. I am having pics taken in Oct but they should be ok b/c they are more natural pics and mostly taken outside. I hear ya on no sleep or lack there off. DD has a way of putting me in a very sour mood lately.She will text me to tell me that I am in a bad mood and then she ends it with "bye" As if to say she has the authority to tell me when we are going to finish a conversation. My blood pressure hits the roof! I asked her to go swiming with us and she said why don't we just sleep all day, then I said "forget I asked" She text back and said "see,its so easy to put you in a bad mood.bye". Now,...you tell me thats not rude? I told her that if she ever text me like that again she will have to come up with her own money to pay the cell bill!

I will bbl. Time to get ready for work!

Lori:)

Hey girls
I am once again in outpatient waiting..this time dh...having colonostomey...I am not used to HIM being under..down..has kinda freaked me out a bit..say a prayer everything is fine

Class last night was 4 step torture..and torture it was....was a great class...we had to leave the house @ 4 this mrng...so today is a rest day for me...hopefully all goes well...we get home and we both can rest....this weekend is our 24th anniversary.....not sure what we e gonna do..or b able to do...

No time for personals....chkn in from mydroid

Have a great one and workout for me...

Lori:: Congrats on sleeping in! LOL I didn't take much of any time off when i got my bb done either. Just laid off things that made it hurt at first. When it got messed up again I was being stubborn and still doing things that made it hurt. I probably caused my own problems with the healing process at that point. When I finally gave up the impact and the ab work is when things began to turn around. I'm such a dummy! :rolleyes: Glad I have some company on the u/b DOMS. My biceps are killing me for second day in a row b/c of LIC. Punching was hard to do last night and this morning. No weighted gloves used at all! :eek:

Laura:: My mom and her SO get that procedure done regularly because of their age and have been for years. It's the better of the 2 tests they do actually. The other one they do not knock you out for and my mom said it's very uncomfortable so your DH is lucky! ;) I am sure he'll be fine! :)

Hi ladies,

Its back to work again for me today. Wish I could stay home but it's not as relaxing as you might think. It wasn't intentional, but I only ended up doing bootcamp last night and it was not as bad/hard for me as it has been. This morning is Pure Cardio, should be a goodie.

My company sold it's Plastics division and offered a voluntary separation several weeks ago. We are going to lunch to bid farewell to those who have chosen to move on.

Well it looks like I may be flying with the girls next week since DS has been unable to get his license back and you need a picture ID to fly. Supposedly when the cop took the license, it was supposed to be sent to the DMV and DS had to take care of a few things (within 7 days) which he did to get it back. Now the DMV doesn't have his license, he called and left a message for the cop yesterday morning and never got a call back. Because they mail licenses and state ID cards they would not arrive before he needed them. Wonder how much its going to cost to change the ticket...not happy about this.

Wendy-nice job getting your w/o in even though you are not motivated. Are you enjoying stepping any more than you used to? I started Insanity this week and hope to do the 2 month rotation.

Lori-well it's nice to know that even sometimes you don't feel like running. Sorry you are having issues with DD. I always feel slo-mo the next day, in a good way.

Laura-Fingers crossed that all is good with DH. Its a preventative test at this point so don't be worrying until you have something to worry about missy. Your life has been quite stressful lately, hope that changes soon.

Jacque-have fun working the Garlic Festival! I haven't been running in about 3 weeks, other bootcamp anyway. My body is beginning to feel tighter and more toned...finally. Now if the #s would just come off I'd be really happy.

Happy Friday!!

Happy Friday Girlies !

Had a great night's sleep and though I am yawning right now . . . :rolleyes: feeling ready for a productive day ! Just have an appt, shopping, color the greys and some cleaning on tap. Think I'll run again this AM since my legs cooperate more in at this time of the day than in the evening.

Wendy - good job on working out in the AM today AND making up for not waking up yesterday ! ;) I haven't run much either but it does good things for my lower body so I really should run more often. Well . . . at least it used to !:D We'll see if that is still true. The chicken patty was excellent - DH grills nearly every night because he likes to and because this girl is no dummy ! If he grills that leaves me less dinner to fix myself ! :p But, we love the flavor and I like the fact that it is typically healthier. As long as he doesn't bathe the protein in olive oil we are good to go ! During the winter I'll bake or use the crock pot here and there, maybe a day or possibly two per week, other than that, it is the grill for sure ! And he uses charcoal, not gas, so puts wood chips on it for a smoky flavor. Plus he has a smoker so on the weekend every few weeks he'll smoke our meat - can you say yummy?

Lori - well you musta been running just about the same time as me but you went lots farther ! Kids and their texting - cracks me up when people text and they could actual speak to you. She knows it bugs you and must be afraid to say it out loud. Good idea to make her pay for her phone if she keeps it up. Reminds me of my assistant who emails me from her desk which is about 6 feet from mine ! Weird ! And the wine tent really is a huge white tent covering a large area. It takes them a week to set up all the tents and booths - crazy large event pretty well known. I'll take some pics - but here's a utube on the flaming cooking that goes on. It is like a show that lots of people just stand and watch for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSVK5O4jiLg&feature=related

Laura - I'm due to get one of those fun colonoscopies too but haven't done it yet. I think the worse part from what I hear is all the goop you have to drink to "clean the pipes" prior to the test itself. I'm sure DH will be fine - like Diana said, it is preventative. Wow - 24 years ! This year will be my 25th year of marriage, 15 the first time and now 10 this 2nd. Crazy to think I've spent more than half my life being married, but I guess when the kids are 24, 23 & 21 it makes sense ! Just lots of time when I think about it. Hope you guys find something totally outrageous to do. But guessing next year will be a biggie? Start planning now ! :p

Diana - good to hear BC was better for you last night. Gives me some hope that if I can get back to regular exercise I might not feel as sluggish or tired? Not fair that DS can't get his license back - especially that the govt didn't take care of it ! Guess they don't get paid enough, huh? :rolleyes: Oh well, a little more time with the girls for you ! :D

Enough computer time for me today. I hopped on here over an hour ago and have been all over the web. Gotta get moving . . . BBL

Diana:: First day back to work stinks but you have a weekend tmrw already so you are doin' alright! :D Wow, what a bummer about DS' liscence. I hope it gets straightened out soon! That's just so wrong that he did what he was supposed to do and still couldn't get his liscence back b/c of someone else's F-up and then he calls and doesn't get a c/b! i don't balme you for being :mad:. I would be too! I admit to enjoying stepping now that I've been pretty much forced to start doing it again. It was frustrating at first cause I was so out of practice but I am getting better again and I like it. I will be happy though when I can add my other work outs back in. I am dying to work out with Shaun again! So jealous of you but I hope to be back at it by the end of next week at the latest! Really all depends on how the tat feels/heals! :)

Hi Girls!

Day is cruising by and is almost over. Manager is gone home and that gives me some time to check in:D

I met DH at the aiport restaurant for lunch. I was gonna have soup but a chicken ceaser salad caught my eye so thats what I choose. I wanted swamp the full fat dressing for the ligher kind but when I asked the cook (who I know) for fat free, he told me I didn't need it!:mad: So I just dipped my salad in the dressing and only ended up using one small pack. My weight on the scale is finally back to normal again as well. And when I put my pants on today they were lose. It doesn't take long and I haven't been that good. I think its b/c I have been running in the evening, instead of sitting around and reading (which I should be doing!) Hoping to get some studying done here this week.

Wendy** Nice workout this a.m. The worse with bbp, is higher pants...like the work ones I am wearing now. If I gain any weight, its always in my waist which makes these pants tighter...and then I usually take my bb ring out for the day. Even though its been completely healed for yrs, Im willing to bet that one day of wearing high waisted pants would irritate it.

Laura** I didn't know DH was sick...or did all of this just happen? How long will he be laid up for? Hope everything is going good!!!!!!!! Let us know!

Diana** You guys must be so ticked re: the license issue. Its probably not going to be cheap just to change a name on a reservation, they try to get you wherever they can. There are lots of days I don't feel like running but I do it anyway. I know after I am done I will be happier. Having trouble trying to wrap my head around another marathon though. I really don't even know when to train. If I train in the morning, its going to have to be super early and how am I going to eat before that? And if I wait until in the evening, its still warm and then I get a bad stomach. I can barely do 12k, nevermind 32k!

Jacque** I will have to check out your youtube clip! That is odd that your assistant will email you instead of just yelling out to you! LOL Maybe she thinks you need proof of what she as to say:D My legs weren't cooperating last night either. I use to enjoy evening runs but now I enjoy morning runs more.

I will bbl. I think I have something coming:confused:

Lori:)

Lori:: I can't wait until my clothes are loose again! :rolleyes: I am desperately hopeful that once I am able to resume more rigorous cardio and restart my ab routine again that the weight/bloat or whatever it is will come off! Fingers crossed!!!! Oh how I hate high waisted pants!:confused: Always wear everything below my bb no matter where it's SUPPOSED to sit. :p If something is irritating then I unbutton it and fold it down and tuck it in to keep it from touching my bb. Works pretty well as long as my shirt is long enough to cover it.

Jacque:: I have been sleepy all day. Not yawning but my eyes wanna close. I am sure once I sit down in the chair at the tattoo parlor I will be wide awake though! :eek: LOL Good for you with all the bbq'ing. DH likes his steaks on the grill so when he wants one DS and I get our protein grilled as well. I agree that it's great cause then I don't have as much to do inside! :)

Well the clock's a tickin'! I leave here in 30 minutes to head to tattoo shop. My appt is at 6pm. Gotta go in bathroom and change clothes and wash my feet w/baby wipes in a bit. Don't want to offend you know! ;):p:D I'm nervous. I can't believe I am going alone! I'm such a weenie. This is so unlike me but I have no choice and I'm not rescheduling NOW!:eek:

BBL tonight w/my wine to let you know how much it hurt! :confused:

Hola chicas !

Well can't believe the day is going by so fast. Have been productive with stuff but now need to do some cleaning as people will be traipsing through the house this weekend.

Lori - nice you had lunch with DH - reg dsg is fine if it isn't creamy and has a smaller amount of 'good for you' oil in it. Good to hear the pants are fittin' comfy again. That is my tell tale these days. Lovin' that the belly pooch is flattening out for me - weight is the same so ??? but all good for me ! My legs were super ucky this AM - at just over 15 min they would not lift off the TM at all. Tried power walking on an incline but they said "NO NO NO", so I just stopped. May see if a step w/o will work in a bit.

Wendy - good luck with the tat - can't wait to see how it turns out, and . . . how many glasses of vino you need to get to sleep tonight ! ;)

Off to Clean Max !

Hi Girls.

Well it's done! I love love love it but holy moly did it hurt!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I was holding a can of ginger ale in my hand and squeezed the cr@p out of it. WOW. Definitely a painful spot! My foot is burning like crazy and I am walking on my toes on that side. Yeowch! I am gonna take ibuprofen for the swelling and the pain. I am sure it'll feel better by morning. This part never lasts too terribly long. Thank goodness it was over with quick. Just about an hour and it was done! Also got my bb ring swapped out so we'll see how that goes. Now I have 2 body parts to take care of! :p

Needless to say, I have upper body only planned for tmrw's work out! ;)

Gotta go for now. Might bbl or definitely back tmrw!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.