Damage Control....TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Gals.

Yup, my thighs are CRAZY sore! Straight up walking I can handle though I can still feel it! TRUST ME! It's sitting down, getting up and stairs that are extraordinarily mean to me though! OUCH! It's gonna be a fun day!:eek:;):)

Today's work out plan pre-DOMS was to do the other Tonique disc but I am nixxing that idea for obvious reasons! LOL So now the plan (so far) is to do High and Tight Ankle Weight work (for the bum bum-thighs NOT includeded!!!!), Jackie's one one training: Upper Body work out, and abs of choice. We'll see how this plan pans out! :p The new w/o schedule I was supposed to start is going to wait b/c I had to take 3 days off this week. I will work out today, sat and sun and start the new plan on monday with my first of two rest days. Next friday being the second one.

Okay well, just wanted to get us started. I gotta get movin' here in just a few minutes so let me get this posted!

BBL!

Last edited:
ood Morning!:)

Didn't go to bed as early as planned last night but that seems to be the norm lately. But for some reason I feel good. I'm not tired at all:confused: It's all very confusing;)

One of our friends who likes to pop by for a sleepover every once in a while stayed here last night. I think he is in for the weekend but as a hotel for the rest of the weekend. Something to do with a hockey tournament so right now his backside is parked prettttttty darn close to my workout area....but I think DH warned him that I would be up early to workout. Running outside isn't an option. Its windy and there is something falling. I don't know if its freezing rain or snow. DD is suppose to be going away today for a v-ball tournament but its highly unlikely that they will be going anywhere like this. I think this is atleast the 3rd time they have had crappy weather when they were suppose to be going somewhere. Oddly enough she doesn't get upset about it, I would have been rotted when I was her age.

Jacque** Thank you for the "no boss" vibes;) Probably not going to work though! LOL He will make an appearance on Sat and Sun but he won't stick around for long. I should make a list today of all the things I need to do this weekend and dig in. I am working with a guy who likes to yack though....might be tough. Good job with your workout! Feels good when its over with!!

Wendy** So are you doing cardio with those poor tired legs? I am thinking that your not?? If you do, I don't know how you did it. I am wondering how long I will need off after my marathon. My running partner was warning me that my legs will be sore. I love it when people warn me as if I don't know anything:mad: I told her that my legs can't be any worse then they were when I did that hilly 20k race 2 yrs ago. My legs were beyond sore and I could barely walk up and down the stairs. I haven't been having much of anything with training but I know I will run the marathon faster then I would normally just run. Hope you are having a good workout!

Alright, I will bbl! Today's planned workout is a run. I can't really do much else. Depending on when I get on the TM and when I get off...I may do some leg exercises....or maybe I will do a circuit with legs!:eek: Never thought about that. Straight running on the TM doesn't sound to appealing to me!

Lori:)
progress.gif
http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=2006489

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm taking this morning off, but have DWP planned for lunch. My legs are nice and sore today and I slept like rock last night. Plyo legs on Mon, Hvy legs on Wed, running on Thurs....my body is talking back to me. The temp was great yesterday for a run. I ran 3 miles last week and 5 yesterday.

Coffee pot is not working.:mad: DH thinks there must be some coffee grounds clogging it somewhere. He says he can probably fix this one...thankfully. I'm drinking instant coffee which is just not the same, but is definitely better than nothing!

Wendy-nice to know yesterday's workout was effective. I need to start thinking about what I'm going to do next, after STS. I'm taking the recovery week to do my own thing and hopefully something will come to mind. I would like to do some fb weight training though.

Lori-I hope your run is a shorter one today, since you have to do it on the treadmill. It's so much easier for me to run outside. A leg circuit sounds fun..i'm sure you will come up with something.

Jacque-Nice job on your workout. ITA, this last month, last mesocycle is wearing on me too. I do want to finish the rotation though and only have 3 more discs to go. I'll be in good shape if I do a wt w/o Sat and Sun, be we'll see. I heard our goal was a tip in off of Blake's skate, but we'll take it!:p

bbl

Good morning and TGIF ! ! !

Can't wait for my SIL GTG today - thinking of doing a short run after work - supposed to be 75' - will just need to get out of work on time to make it and be able to shower afterwards. If not running then probably something shorter like an HiiT.

Wendy - don't drink too much water so you don't have to do the "sit and stands" in the restroom too much ! LOL ! :p That is what get to me the most when my legs are sore. Doing anything exciting this weekend?

Lori - hope you stay feeling great. Sometimes a solid sleep for 5 - 6 hours does me just as good as one that is 8 hours but where I stir a lot during the night. Good eats helps me loads too. Crazy weather for your area but we may have rain again on Tues. I want to plant my garden ! :mad: Hate getting a late start cuz then I don't have my fresh veggies until Aug.

Diana - Enjoy your half day off and DWP with your friends. Should be interesting to see how they like Cathe. I hadn't heard the goal was off of Blake's skate - but I did see that our defense was not where it should have been so the goal was deserved anyway. Tonight I'm hoping we can tie the series and not end up the way we always do, out in the first round. :confused:

Have a great day girls !

TGIF

Hello my friends -

Just saying OUCHIE WAWA!!! :eek: OH MY LORD my legs and butt are TOAST!!!! I did a mish mosh of oldie goldies and some plyo work :confused: TOAST BABY ... BUTT so sore cant cross legs .. and getting up and down is impossible w/o agonizing strange grunting sounds :confused: GEESH .. butt, inner&outter thigh, quads, hammies, bis, tris, shoulders, and back are FRIED!!!!! the workout looked something like this plyo, lb heavy weight, lb med weight, lb no weight, ub heavy weight (2 sets of diff exercises on same muscle) then repeated till every muscle worked .. covered lunges, wide/narrow squats, side lunges, abductions, adductions, courtsey lunges, and bis, tris, delts, lats, back, and shoulder .. :eek: :D I may be hurting but it is certain I need to add in some oldie goldie for a while b/c I am hurting in totally different muscles WOW!!

Wendy .. damn you!!! LOL :p jk .. ok .. so now I am going to have to REALLY consider tonique .. but the way I feel now I dont think I could look at a preview w/o cringing! :p sooooo you and I are in same boat .. moaning and groaning and grunting .. it was agonizing puttin on my tennis shoe this morning :confused: and my stupid heater is at my feet it takes an act of congress to bend down and turn it on :p .. you gotta love it .. pain making us smile :D we are NOT right!!!! :p

Lori .. I swear girl . you have more company than anyone I have ever heard of .. you need to start charging . LOL ... if the dude knows what is good for him he will get his rear end OUTTA your workout space .. LOL!!!

Di .. man you and your coffee are having a hard time here lately .. LOL .. poor thing .. I wish I could do coffee .. I love the smell and would LOVE the caffiene energy .. but cant stomach the taste and cant have the caffiene so it is just as well!!!

Jacque .. have fun at SIL GTG today ... sounds fun!!! Hey .. and yes I did love the looking fit and "in tact" .. LOL .. I saw your pics from the cathe weekend girl ..and can imagine you put your old school friends to shame too!!! ;) that is such a GREAT feeling!! Told SIL that cinched I would forever keep exercising .. b/c thinking that make the biggest difference ...

OK .. soooooo I am so sore .. but I was to do heavy weights in the gym today:confused: ummmmm .. dont know if that is possible .. I may MAKE myself ?? or I could do some yoga .. ???? that is what i need .. but i hate to miss my heavy legs in gym .. we will see .. tmrw will be iffy for a workout .. so gotta get one in today .. DH and I have to go out of town tmrw to take his truck .. so gotta get in a workout today .. ok gotta jet .. ahve a great one!:D

Lori:: I did the little bits of cardio that are in One on One this morning and some of it about killed me! :p Not sure what you will fare like but my thighs felt like razors were inside them after my 2 halfs and my 18 mile race...uh, kinda like they feel now actually! ;) I would say definitely expect to be sore. They say an icebath helps but no way jose was I doin' that! :eek:

Diana:: Sorry about the bad coffee pot luck you are having lately! I have always seemed to have 2 pots in the house so I never worried about not having my coffee. I have a small one for daily use and a big one for company. If my small one goes kaput unexpectedly I have the one big and if all else fails, I have a Dunkin down the street! :D...Ofcourse DD doesn't help me at 5am! I don't think mine opens til 6! BOOH! Good luck deciding what you will do after STS. Something more cardio intensive perhaps?

Jacque:: Funny about the potty sit n stands! I always take the stairs in the parking garage here at work and today thought of wussing out and taking the elevator down. I didn't though. It hurt but I was able to do it and in the end it will probably help work out the soreness. That being said, the toilet hasn't seemed so bad! ;) Have fun at the SIL GTG!:)

Laura:: You and I are definitely in the same boat today but my arse is not sore. It may be tmrw but it's not today! :p I can't believe I am saying this but if my legs thaw out by tmrw or Sunday I am going to do the other Tonique work out b/4 the weekend is out! I must be crazy! :eek:

Hey Girls!

OMG...I am not sure how many more days of this I can take!:mad: I feel better now that I am home. Its so hard to try and get anything done with people around. I had about 1 hr of silence today and I manage to accomplish quit a bit. Not only that, the printer at work kept jamming up...who can do anything like that? Then head office is looking for info which isn't done b/c we haven't had enough time to do it and then that turns my boss into a wing nut b/c he doesn't know where we are with the paper work and why should he? He isn't sitting there with us, he never asked how we were doing...so how the hell would he know? He sits and fumbles through it as if he has been working on it for months and all he does is make a big mess with it. OH!! And then he closes out something I was working on and deletes the whole thing. Today I finally asked him WHERE his office was. Seriously...go to your office and stay there. I am thinking I will get alot of work done tomorrow b/c no one should be calling so i can work away. Hopefully they take sat's and sun's off!

O.k...now that I have that off my chest I feel alot better! I know its only a matter of time before things get under control and then we should be o.k!

Todays workout was a few leg exercises from disc #3 and 4.5 miles on the TM. I had lots of energy but ran out of time. If I go to bed at a sensible time tonight I may set the alarm to get up real early. Maybe I could be at work by 8:30 and dig in.

Wendy** I took a ice bath once...it wasn't pleasant but it worked. I know that a hot tub sounds nice after a long run but I have never been dumb enough to follow through with it. Do you have any plans for the weekend?

Jacque** I knew we were gonna have snow again....our winter isn't over yet! Atleast there isn't mounds and mounds of snow to melt. Enjoy your night tonight, if I could drink I am willing to bet I would be drinking tons tonight!:p But Im on call so no can do!

Diana** More foffee drama!:eek: Atleast is friday! Did you get your workout in this afternoon? Any games this weekend?

Laura** You crack me up! How can you possibly workout with that much DOMS? I should start chraging people. I would make a killing!

I will bb in the a.m!

Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.