Damage Control....TGIF!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I am soooo ready for this weekend and it's a long one! I have Monday off! Woo hoo! :D

So what's everyone doin' for V'day? My DH is bringing DS up to my MIL's this afternoon to spend the weekend (we will go there for dinner Monday and pick him up-we all have that day off) so that him and I can enjoy the weekend by ourselves. I think tonight we are going to hang out with a couple of friends and play a few games of pool and have some drinks. Tmrw night we are going out to eat and then country line dancing and he rented a hotel room with a jucuzzi in it. We will cab it to and from the club so that neither of us needs to be the DD. Then on Sunday apparently he is taking me shopping. He wants to buy me something for V'day but wants me to pick it out-it's a particular thing I am getting but apparently there are choices to be made. I think I am most excited about the shopping! :D
No plans for Monday besides dinner at his mom's that I know of. What about the rest of you?

Today's work out will be GS Tri's and a short cardio. I am thinkin HiiT 40/20 if I think I have the energy...and the time! I have to bring my son up to my mom's so that she can watch him again today while we go to work. The program he is enrolled in which is supposed to open today since school is closed, is closed due to inclement weather!?!?! What weather! The storm was 2 days ago!!!!!! I am so pist! :mad:

Well better stop yapping if I want to have enough time for my full work out!

BBL!

Good Morning!:)

Happy to report that I didn't have to go to work in the wee hours of the morning:D I was so tired when I went to bed that I don't know if I would have been able to get up. We are just getting on the go now and its past 8:30! Love it!

I think DH are going out tonight for dinner instead of v-day night. Its just as well, its easier to go out tonight. My inlaws are taking DS for the night, I think...so another sleep in tomorrow morning!

Todays workout is gonna be disc 14 and cardio.

Wendy** Did you get your workout done? Its hard to squeeze it all in in the morning. I am usually yacking for to long and the next thing I know an hour as passed. My sister doesn't drink coffee, she just gets up, washes her face and starts her workout:confused: I wouldn't be able to do that! Sounds like you and DH will be having quit the weekend! Pick out something nice!;)

Im going to read yesterdays thread to see what I missed!

Lori:):)

Good Morning Ladies,

DH has a furlough day today and Monday is holiday for him. I'm a little jealous that he has a 4 day weekend and I don't! No basketball this morning or baseball tonight....yaaayyyy.

Tried out the step mill yesterday. Well it definitely works the backside, all the way down through the calf muscle, my glutes and hamstrings were really working. The step itself isn't deep enough to put your whole foot on so the heel hangs off which is why the calves are worked too. I also spent most of the time looking down at my feet taking each step. My toe seemed to catch on the ledge of the step, once that starting happening about every third step I decided it was time to get off. I only spent 15 min on the stepmill and then 20 on the elliptical and finished off with about 10 minutes of ab work. It was a short but effective w/o. I will definitely be hitting the stepmill and try to increase my time on it.

Definite DOMs in the back from yesterday's back & biceps! Not sure what cardio is on the rotation for today, but I'm doing Imax 3...maybe Imax 2. I have time for a longer cardio this morning so I'm going to take it.

DS1 is meeting for lunch and helping me pick out a blu ray player for DH's valentines gift. We also need to get a new router and I want a wireless printer. We use the PS3 for our blu ray's but it really belongs to DS2 and he wants to put it in his room.

Wendy-you have a wonderful weekend planned...enjoy it! We aren't doing much. I already mentioned what I'm getting DH. I want a weight bench or the new Ipod Nano. I really want both but can't justify getting them both right now, as I splurged on a series of 3 dermabrasions for myself.;) Did you say 40/20..now I have something else to consider for this morning..decisions...decisions.

Lori-How are you liking this mesocycle? I'm considering doing these workouts twice. I plan on repeating disc 13, 14 and 15 this next week. Enjoy your Valentines dinner tonight! I used to get up, throw on my w/o clothes and get to it....when I was younger! Now my body needs time to wake up a bit...so I enjoy my 2 cups of coffee while checking in with all of you and then start my workout.

TGIF

bbl

5_1_122.gif

HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES ! ! ! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO let the 3-day weekend begin !

Who me excited ? ? ? H#!! Yes I am !

Well I did do Imax 3 last night and loved it. Was thinking it was 2 I guess cuz thought I would be in for a 90 min workout. Good thing cuz by about the 7th round I was getting tired. Thinking I might do B & G tonight for some glute/leg/ab work with light weights.

Wendy - boy how nice of DH with the plans this weekend. Did he do that all by himself? Mine wouldn't have a clue . . . Perhaps a weekend to search for Hot Wheels might come out of him ! :eek: :p Sounds like a great time - can't wait to see what your 'hand-picked gift' is . . . You must share - guess I'll be on FB all day waiting patiently . . . :rolleyes: The program for Joey being closed sounds a little strange. Perhaps they aren't staffed for the large # they might get due to the schools being closed? Good to hear the storm is over for you.

Lori - Good for you sleeping in 2 days in a row ! Have a great time at dinner tonight . . . I'm thinking hot tub after ? ? ? ;) That would help you sleep in tomorrow ! I could get up and just hit the workout room in the AM if I set my mind to it. Just not in that type of mood lately. Perhaps a nice change in my life would help? Need some motivation . . . am thinking of the RT the end of March and me thinks I had better step it up so I can KEEP UP !

Diana - Hope you get at least a 3 day weekend. You leaving a "TO DO" list for DH today? :p The step mill sounds wonderful ! I love those workouts that hit the backside as that is where I need it the most. Have fun shopping for blu-rays ! We don't have one yet and yet DH wants to buy all movies on blu ray now "cuz we will have one someday and the others won't play as well". When pigs fly I say ! ! ! So Meso 2 twice huh? Hmmmm . . . something to comtemplate . . .

Laura - hoping that you made it both home and back to work today safely. Sounds a little bit of a bummer if they actually come out and pick you up ! I think I'd miss my "freedom" to do what I wanted at lunch and when to come and go. Safety is the most important though. How did the furbabies do last night?

Well no plans for VD for us at this point. I'll probably go pick up some lobster tails and perhaps a filet and we'll most likely stay home and enjoy. Oh yea - a bottle of the bubbly too ! :p

Jen - and your plans for VD with the "fiancee"? Do you get the weekend to yourselves?

Have a lunch meeting today so not sure when I'll be back - enjoy the day ladies !

Morning Ladies ..

Is it me or is it strange that the "initials" for Valentines Day is VD :confused: kinda an oxymoron right???:p No special plans for us .. DH is working midnights :confused: and he is ILLLLLLLLL I thought he would never leave last night .. had a fight about the dog's waterbowl of all things :confused::mad::confused: .. I have him some candy ...some Valentine boxer shorts .. and gonna make some cookies and plan on cooking a romantic supper and watch a movie .. that is if he is not as ILL as he was last night ggrrrrrrrrrrrr

Wendy .. sounds like your DH gets an A+ for a wonderful romantic VD ... cant wait to hear what your surprise is .. have fun ... ;).. dont do anything I wouldnt do ;);)

Lori .. have fun night tonight ;) same advice for you ... dont do anything I wouldnt do ;);)

Di .. the step mill ... hmmmmmm sounds interesting .. is it the machine where the steps move like an escalator but you keep stepping up???? I dont have Monday off either .. poooh .. have fun w/DH

Jacque .. my babies are still keeping me up .. everytime I got aggravated last night I remembered your words " I would give anything to have them here with me again" .. :(.. yes .. although Baby Boy is aggravated me to death and making me sleep deprived .. and I am so thankful he is with me .. and w/tears think of the day he isnt and hurt!!!! Toots is coming out of heat now .. she SNAPPED at him last night .. he missed his chance if he didnt get any .. LOL!!!! maybe the sleepless nights wont be too much longer!!! :p .. your DH sounds like mine .. not a real romantic... and w/mine on nights and ILLLL I doubt he will do much if anything for VD .. :(

Hello to Jen ..

OK . last night class was great .. BARELY any DOMS to report though:eek: just a bit "twingy" in between my shoulder blades .. but with that said .. the dang leg work last night KILLED me .. they were on FIRE ... Today is my REST day ... tmrw I plan on doing one of the HiiT workouts .. and some weights ...

We are getting SNOW .. my house was covered .. but here in town it is JUST now starting to accumulate .. it got here later than expected .. now saying we may get up to 6 inches .. ??? ... DH says he is going to go out to road when he gets up and if it is REAL bad call me and I will prbly leave early .. it was 33 this morning and to drop after lunch .. and get the heaviest snow after lunch ... and to drop to 22 tonight .. bbrrrr .. breaking all kinds of records .. this just dont happen in the South!!!:p :eek:

Good Afternoon!

It's 1:30 and I am done with my work and my boss is gone for the day. Lucky me huh? LOL Actually I'd prefer it if he were here cause he might have given me something to do since I am here until 5! :eek:

So I got my arse in gear this morning and got GS Tri's and HiiT 40/20 done. I swear 40/20 is Insanity tough or maybe even worse!!! I don't personally think the other 2 HiiT's are as hard as the Insanity work outs but 40/20...OMG....it kills me! Now I think CCC is as tough as the Insanities. That one DEFINITELY gives Shaun a run for his money! :eek: So anyway, I am glad THAT work out is out of the way for a bit! I just did CCC too so they are BOTH out of the way for several days! YEAH! LOL

So my rotation alrdy got a little messed up cause I took my rest day y'day so that I had time to shovel myself out. I don't think it's a big deal though. I think I will still follow it as written and do the endurance work out tmrw. I only worked tri's today.Working them again tmrw this once shouldn't be a big deal. Not sure if I'll choose a cardio/weight circuit or just go for straight weights but I can decide that tmrw.

BBIAB with personals!

Hi Girls!

Not a big lot happening here. I am feeling kinda nappish...wouldn't it be lovely if I could have a nap? I use to take naps all the time before I had DS, especially in the winter time! So blah!

My workout today was 6.5 miles and disc 14. It was pretty good. I forgot how fast it went by. I am hoping for some DOMS tomorrow b/c I went heavy but I won't be suprised if I don't have any. I also just finished coloring my hair, I think it will be o.k. I hate going to dark this time of year but it sooo needed to be done.

Diana** I have never heard of a step mill before. Is that something new? Or do I live under a rock? DH and I agreed that we will just exchange cards this year. Neither one of us needs anything, although he wants an ipod touch but then he will have to buy me something and then the next thing you know, we've spend $300.

Laura** By ill you mean sick or moody? LOL If thats the case I have been ILL alot lately! LOL Are you getting much snow? We had some today as well, DD didn't have school this afternoon. Don't worry, I will be on my best behaviour tonight:eek:;)

Jacque** You may be right about the hot tub. I think it will be a great night for it. Im not sure what we are doing after dinner. We use to go out every once in a while like this and then we would go out for a drink after. It will probably be pretty quiet in the restaurant tonight with VD so close...maybe we will have the place to ourselves! Have you heard anything new on the job you applied on?

Wendy** So can you play hooky if your boss does;) I use to be so bored at my current job b/c I didn't have anything to do. Now I have a few things to do but I find other things to do. Im sure you will once you get the swing of things.

I probably won't bb until tomorrow. Have a good night everyone!

Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.