Damage Control....TGIF!!!!!!!!!! :)

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Peeps.

So they say bad things happen in threes....it never fails....

1) Ed McMahon
2) Farrah Fawcett
3) Michael Jackson

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Well, um, yeah....I have some pretty kickin' DOMS today.....ESPECIALLY in my boo-tay! Cathe don't lie about that bein' a killer butt work out! OMG! :eek: LOL

DS just came in here "bribing" me to not go to the gym this morning. I guess after being at work with my y'day morning for 3 hours he's had enough! LOL I can run tmrw morning or Sunday so I told him we didn't have to go. That being said, I'm not sure what I'll do today but it will be some kind of cardio. :)

Off to get more coffee. I'll BRB to catch up on personals....

Okay, I'm back. Got my cereal here with me so I'm good to go! :D

Lori:: My MIL is good about having dinner on the table by 6pm. My mom? Not so much. We usually eat at 7 at her house but sometimes later! :eek: It bugs me too as I am used to eating between 5 and 6 so I am STARVING by 7pm! UGH! I guess though when you are the guest and not having to do the work, it's not your choice as to when the food gets on the table. It's one of those things ya gotta deal with...OR...as you said....just stay home instead! :)

Jen:: LOL about seeing the sun for an entire 10 mins. We had a good day here y'day. Sun pretty much all day and warm temps. It was definitely a beach day! Today should be nice too (a little warmer/muggier though) with the exception of T-storms later in the day but that's normal for this time of year.

Laura:: Glad you enjoyed your rest day and enjoy your beach weekend!

Jacque:: Great run y'day! You go girl! :cool: LOL'd about the bra malfunctions! :p

Some sad news....I lost my pedometer y'day afternoon/evening! I was soooo pist when I realized it! I had it when I got showered and dressed for MIL's. I put it on and didn't look at it again until I was at MIL's. At that point I realized it was gone. :( I retraced my steps but it was no where to be found. Gonna have to go to Sports Authority today to get a new one I guess. I am sure I hit 10k y'day though b/c I was only about 500 steps away after my walk.

That's all for now. BBL!

Work out is DONE!

SWAT Extreme Weight Loss & Fat Burning (mostly cardio with some light weight training and lots of push ups!) followed by One on One training with Jackie: Upper Body.

OUCHEES! I'll be feelin' this one tmrw! I think my u/b is NUMB at this point :p and what a great cardio work out! :D

Hoping to get out there this morning with DS for a walk (AFTER I replace my ped!;)) ...Have some errands to run. Better grab a shower and get movin'!

Toodles! :)

Morning Ladies ..

last nights class was PACKED :eek: where did they all come from . . and as hot as it was the air was not on soon enough and the class was like a sauna .. had so many people could not do my mish mosh class b/c didnt hav enough bands or balls ... so I did a circuit class w/steps and weights .. did the triple sets on LB and UB ... was a drenched rat when I left .. I was kinda stressed too .. the class was hot .. large .. loud .. and some newbies that were completely lost :confused: my nerves were frazzled by the end of class .. but I accomplished a hard SWEATY class!! :)

Not sure what is on tap for today .. or if I will have time . . have errands at lunch .. gotta clean and pack when I get home .. :confused:... soooooooooo .. we will see ...

It is sad about the entertainment losses this week .. I hate Farrah's death fell on the same day as Jackson's .. the media coverage of his death will overshadow hers .. and she really was an icon of "my" generation .. I know I for one had the Farrah Faucet DO .. LOL .. my DB had that poster of her in the red bathing suit and I remember looking at her thinking .. WOW .. to be THAT gorgeous!!!! so sad of her passing!!!

Wendy .. boo on loosing the ped ... but YAYAYA on the awesome w/o's you have been logging in .. LOL about DS begging not to go to gym!!! bless his heart!!

Jacque .. will be thinking of you while on the high seas.. although it wont be COOL .. the Gulf is around 84 degrees now .. and the reflection of the sun off water makes for a HOT HOT day .. unfortunately think the wind will be blowing .. good to cool off .. bad for seas .. think it is gonna be a bumpy ride .. REAL bumpy :(

Lori .. good luck on the race this weekend .. ya .. hold up a "hello DC girlies" sign at the finish line!! :D sure you will rock the race!

Jen .. hoping you get some sunshine today .. looking at the weather map you should be getting some of the hot temps right?? maybe the rain will stay away today!!

Di .. have you made that "date" w/DH yet?? ;) if not get to it girlie!!!

OK .. gotta run .. have a great one .. I will try to get back later to check in w/everyone b-4 we leave .. ya'll exercise some for me ... b/c the only exercise I will get is "pulling in the big one" .. :D (and the CABS will be ever flowing too :eek:)

Hey Girls!:)

Just getting a chance to check in. I have been kept going at work all morning...now that the boss is gone, I can check in:D

I was thinking the same thing about the "3's" And I also agree with Laura about it over shadowing Farrahs death, it certainly kicked her to the sidelines. But I guess Michael as always been in the media (big time, good or bad) So sad:( I remember trying to do the moonwalk when I was just a little girl. I think he would have been a nice looking guy if he didn't do what he did to his face!:confused: He looked awful!

So yesterdays workout was Legs (sts) and boy....those workouts get in there GOOD! My UB isn't usually sore from STS but my legs always are. Then last night we went for a 17k run. Needless to say, I can barely walk today. Im not so sure I should have done legs with a race coming up but its only 10k.

Wendy** Good job with the workout! Oh no....how will we ever live without your pedometer;) I guess DH will have to buy you a new one.
Well...you would think that when there are small children involved dinner would be on time. The thing that ticked me off was they were waiting for my BIL to ARRIVE before they even put the burgers on and then it took 45 mins for the burgers to cook!:confused: He only ran 6k, I think if they had put the burgers on at 6 we would have played it safe. I tried to get out of it b/c there was also waaaay to many people there. Its like christmas 24/7.

Laura** Where are you go'in now??? I can't keep up with it;) I wish I was going somewhere. Actually, DH was lucky to find me breathing yesterday when he got home. I was sooooo fustrated with DS that I wanted to jump in the pond that is behind our house!:mad: He screamed off and on for about 2 hours...more on then off, mind you!:confused: I had such a headache! Im happy to be at work today:D

Alright gals, Im not sure if there will be a workout happening here today. My legs are to sore, I can't imagine running. I had planned on tomorrow being my rest day, so now I may have two rest days. I will probably do STS bics and back tomorrow night.

BBL
Lori:)

Hey Again Peeps!

ITA that it's ashame that Jackson's death is overshadowing poor Farah but she is not forgotten by her fans. Perhaps this is a blessing as the media is finally leaving her alone? I watched her show on the computer a few weeks ago. Her documentary on her fight with cancer. She definitely did not appreciate the media involvement/interference in such a private and painful matter. I feel sooo terrible for her dad. He's lost his wife, and 2 daughters now-and all to cancer I think!!! This must be one incredibly strong man. If he lives on for any amount of time now that Farrah is gone, I will be amazed. :( I also feel bad for Ryan O'Neil. He was crying like a baby during the documentary. He was heart-broken over her illness and is likely devastated at her passing.

Laura:: Glad your class was packed y'day! You want that as an instructor!

Lori:: DH isn't buying me a new ped because I beat him to it! :p I know the feeling re: barely being able to walk today. Actually, it's not THAT bad for me as it's my booty more then anything, but I definitely felt it during my work out this morning! :eek:

So I headed out this morning because I needed to hit Costco to pick up a few things for a family GTG/party my mom is hosting for our family tmrw. Well, wouldn't ya know...stupid Costco doesn't open for "regular" members until something like 11am!!! I was there at 10! :mad: Needless to say, I'll hafta get back there at some point today.... :rolleyes:

So I left Costco and went to Sports Auth and bought my THIRD ped (if something happens with this one, I am DONE! No more! LOL)!!! I also picked up a 2-pack of Jillian work outs that I don't have. Yes, I admit it. I'm addicted now! :p Its the Front Side/Back Side set. They are cardio/weight circuits and they look pretty darned good! I will try them next week! :D

Still unsure if I'll get my walk in but I'm gonna try!

BBL!

Wow! Quiet in here today!

Hope everyone is OKAY!

I'm just sittin' down with a quick cup of coffee before we head back out to try and hit Costo for the SECOND time today! :mad:

I just set up and put on my new pedometer...just to try it out. I bought a version that tracks more then just steps this time for the same amount of money that I spent on the one I just lost. I figured, why not!? It supposedly tracks time spent exercising, steps walked or ran, distance is miles and approximate calories burned. I figure a trip to Costco is the perfect place to try it out! ;)

Going to see the new Transformer movie tonight. Very excited about that!

BBL or in the morning girls! :)

Hi there chickies !

Well it is just after lunch for me here and I had to water this AM before work so no checkin - and work is too busy lately. Just a quickie here - got S&H tri's done at lunch - yeowzers ! They were aching on the drive back to work !:eek: Not sure what cardio I'll do later. I'd like to report that run did something for me as I was down 2.5 lbs from y'day AM ? Don't know why as I drank over a half gallon of water after I got back . . . but I'll take it ! :D

Wendy - anxious to see how the new ped works for you. Bummer you lost the other one ! :confused: Funny DS, no gym . . . Perhaps he enjoys the walks the two of you can take together and figures those will be your workout ! Hope you made it back to Costco when you could actually shop !:p Have fun at the party !

Laura - how cool you had lots of "students" - wonder if it is that "I want a bikini bod in a week" syndrome? We'll see if they keep coming. It is a drag though when you can do what you planned and don't have enough room or equipment. Hope you pull in a few biggies this weekend - whatcha'll fishin' for? Oh yea . . . I'll work out for you so don't worry ! ;) and you can have my CAB's - fair trade? :rolleyes:

Lori - Hope you have a great run this weekend. I do hope your legs are feeling a little less tired by then. You gonna hold up the sign? I think that Farrah's illness has been on the news quite a bit lately and am not sure that MJ is going to overshadow it. It is just that his was sudden where as hers has been known to us for quite a while. I was sad for both actually - they were both part of my childhood. Kinda scary for me though cuz MJ and I were born the same year. :confused: Will be interesting to see what the cause was. ITA he was so much cuter when he was a kid before all his surgeries. I loved his cheekies ! :p

Well hope Diana and Jen are having a good day.

TTFN

Well my cardio for the evening is completed: Turbo Jam Cardio Party. A sweaty mess of a party it was ! :D First time I've done that one, wondering if the abs will feel it in the AM?

Nighty nite !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.