Damage Control TGIF!!!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

Well, right now I feel okay so the plan is to try to get in a work out yet again today! I haven't exercised in THREE DAYS! I am not working today so I have lots of time. If I feel okay and don't work out I am going to go INSANE trying to keep myself busy!!!! :eek: Fingers crossed that I suffer no ill-effects from whatever work out I choose to do! :rolleyes:

I have to go to DMV to re-new my license this morning. I hope I don't have trouble locating enough points to get it done. My license expires at the end of the month so I don't have much time! :eek: Nothin' like waitin' til the last minute! LOL Thankfully though, I don't have to worry about the insanity that was once NJ motor vehicle. It has improved drastically over the years and they are almost a PLEASURE to deal with these days. :p

I was the last to post last night so I guess that's it for me for now but I'll be back! :cool:

TGIF Ladies!!!

I need a weekend after the week I've had! I rode the spin bike for an hour last in tri training. My legs are so sore this morning. My shoulder are sore too...think its from the combat intervals with the 12# body bar. I've opted to take a rest day today.

What...no coffee this morning.:mad: DS didn't make the coffee last night. I'm drinking some dark instant coffee....well it's okay for instant. I know, I'm kinda spoiled since whoever's kitchen night it is is responsible for making the coffee.

Oh- I got home and there were boxes of shingles up on my roof. Guess they will be starting soon.:D

Wendy-Glad to hear you are finally starting to feel better. I haven't been to the DMV in years. Well I guess it was only 3 yrs ago when middle DS got his license.

bbl

Good Morning, Wendy, and all who follow!

I'm sneaking in now quickly before the day gets away from me. The whole week has crazy and I'm draggin' my butt BIG time today because of it. However, I did get up and do Burn Curcuit 1 this morning, which starts week 4 of this phase for me :D

Wendy: Don't overdo it, girlie!! You don't want to have a relapse! That being said, my fingers are crossed for you that you get a workout in that makes you feel better. Ugh...the DMV....I don't care, it's never good. Kudos to you for doing it before it expires though, cuz I'm usually doing it long after! I'm a terrible procrastinator.

Today is month end close around here, hence the busy week, but I'm going to sneak back in whenever I get a chance to catch up with you all and respond to yesterday's thread.

I will BBL~

Jen

Diana: Posting at the same time!! I second the TGIF!! Glad to hear they are starting your roof. Woohoo!

Well, I went to DMV right from dropping DS off at school and I was in and out of there in maybe 10 minutes flat! Gotta love it! Not my new license pic :p but how quick and painless it is these days!:D

So Centergy class starts at 10:30am this morning. I also have a DVD out that I'm thinking of doing: Biggest Loser Power Sculpt so it's on the easier side. If I do the dvd NOW I won't have time to even attempt Centergy class. I can wait and take the class then do the dvd later if I am up to it or just take the class and forget about the dvd...um okay, that WON'T happen unless it's somehow FORCED on me. :p

I am going to be good and try not to over do it but cr@p, after taking so many darned rest days in the past 2 weeks overall plus having not worked out for the past THREE DAYS...I don't know how I could POSSIBLY overdo it at this point! :rolleyes::p;) LOL

Diana: Why not just make the coffee once you get downstairs in the morning? Do you not have enough time to brew a quick cup or two so that you won't have suffer thru instant??

Jen: Good job on bangin' out the work out this morning! I considered doing that but then I changed my mind and rolled over instead! :p

BBL!

So I've decided to wait for class. After that I will see what happens. It really all depends on how I feel. If I still feel good, I'll do the dvd. If I don't then I won't. I don't have any major plans for the weekend but I'd still rather not feel like crap all weekend! :rolleyes:

Class is done and I am eating a salad for lunch as I type this. Aside from having the "I'm hungry" jitters I don't think I am any worse for the wear from taking the class. It felt really good to move again and especially to be able to take that class in particular. I haven't been able to take it as often as I would like to so I really miss it. After I eat and let my food settle, I will likely give that weight work out a shot. It's arranged in 3 short segments. Each can be it's own work out or you can combine them for a longer one. I'll start from the beginning and see how far I get....

Hi Ladies!:)

I was on the forum for a brief min earlier but I didn't get to check in:confused: I think the phone rang. We went for an hour long run and then I had a little cat nap after lunch:D I feel like a million bucks now, but I would like to have a small coffee or something:)

Wendy** I love being in and out of anywhere. I hate waiting...to much to do! Glad you enjoyed your class. I didn't have as much energy as I would have liked in my run earlier but whenever I start running, the wind is in my face.I swear the wind hasn't changed directions in weeks!

Diana** I guess your son will be taken off of coffee duty;) I love it when I get up in the morning and coffee is already made for me:) Getting up, making it, using the washroom, washing my face,taking DS out of the crib,changing a pamper...just to much to do without coffee in hand!

Jen** Hope your day goes by quickly! Hopefully you will get to relax after a busy week at work.

I have to run out and get a few things. Its 3'ish here and I have no clue what to have for supper! We had takeout 2 days ago, I can't possibly have it again...can i?:confused:

Lori:)

My work out is done. I did the first 2 segments of Power Sculpt plus the warm up and cool down for a nice 40 minute work out. It's a beginner/intermediate level weight work out but I could definitely feel it as if it were tougher. I can tell my body is still tired. It felt good though. Tomorrow I hope to conquer some cardio. :)

Lori:: Back away from the take out menu!!! Go to the food store and buy something to make for dinner tonight! No eating junk! It's not worth it!!!
There! Did that help? :)

Gotta grab a shower now!

BBL!

TGIF Ladies! :D:D:D

Well class last night was great .. sweat fest and a muscle burner .. and added a nice yoga cooldown . felt awesome! NO DOMS today .. WOW .. I am shocked. It is DREARY and MUGGY out today .. yes drizzling rain .. then harder drizzling rain forecasts for the ENTIRE holiday weekend :mad: stupid stupid stupid LOW pressure system (that would be a hurricane if it were July) .. I have come to the conclusion that I am JINXED when it comes to parties .. every POOL party I try to give it RAIN, STORMS or a freaking HURRICANE comes up .. :confused: .. WTH??? OH well ... Hurricane Party it is .. and it is hot .. no lightning .. so sure some of us after some tropical drinks will end up in the pool anyways!!:p

My BF that is helping me give the party for my VBF is now SICK .. she hasnt been to work since WEd .. has pus pockets all over her throat and a fever ... went to the dr .. it is not strep .. so he gave her 2 shots and antibiotics .. she is hoping she will feel better tmrw and be able to come .. so I am left doing the party food .. :confused: .. spent the entire lunch hour in grocery story .. getting SIL and another couple of friends to make something .. then I will be making the rest tonight ..:confused: .. so a FORCED stressed out rest day today .. SIL and I are gonna try to fit in our last STS plyo legs tmrw morning EARLY .. the party starts at 12:30 .. so that doesnt leave much time ... aaahhhhhh ... it is always something .. but something that was to be so easy .. is now difficult .. those kind of parties usually turn out to be the best .. :p

Wendy .. I would not push it on the weights .. girl you dont want a relapse .. I woke up w/my right side of my face and ear hurting ... your ears were prbly burning b/c I was like "that dang Wendy gave me her sinus crap thru the computer" .. :p .. JK!!

Jen ... I like you telling Wendy not to overdo .. LOL .. we have been saying that to your for how long now ...??? .. LOL good to give back what you get huh??? :p

Di .. hope you get your roof done ... and hope this rain does not come your way .. that would be a mess!! 60 min spinning .. YOWZA .. imagine your legs are hurting .. sounds like a killer w/o!!

Jacque .. I have had one of "those" weeks too .... man I am glad this is a long weekend .. even if it is DREARY .. I am ready to get my house in order .. have some fun .. and relax!!

Lori .. hope you have a great holiday weekend!

Come on 5:00 .. I am so ready to get out of here .. and have so much to do .. maybe even w/the bad weather we will have a decent turnout and VBF can unwind and have a great time ... Do ya'll have any major holiday plans .. other than the party .. think it will be a calm weekend .. we usually barbque w/the family on MON .. so if it is decent weather we will prbly do that this time to .. we will see .. ok .. I have rambled long enough .. have a great one .. and a SAFE one!! :D

You'd think I was starting the long weekend early! I just binged on Hershey's Kisses, the ones filled with caramel. It's like some unseen force took over my arm every time I reached into the bag and then "forced" them into my mouth! I actually went back and counted all the wrappers in the trash so I could log it in My Food Diary. What's the lucky number, you ask?

16!!!

Sixteen freakin' pieces of chocolate. Oh yeah, girls, I know how to do it...:rolleyes:

YEEEEE HAAAWWWWW ! ! ! Long weekend here I come ! ! !

BBQ here at work so I spent 4 hours last night doing foodstuff - Laura I know how you feel. Strawberry crepes and the asparagus crepes I made for Easter - YUM. My co-workers are foodies just like me so it will be a scrumptious potluck.

Last night since DH was on the computer and I couldn't get to my Workout Manager to print out Week 3 I did 4DS Double Cardio. Easy workout but good cardio - got me ready for the kitchen duty, Ha ! DH was gone so I was a'sippin' my Pinot Grigio while making the crepes and watching the tube.

Will try to catch up a bit on my STS this weekend - should get in a couple of workouts at least - we usually get off a bit early before a 3 day weekend so will be doing C & B Week 3 after work.

Wendy - sounds like you took it easy but it was time well spent. Maybe you need to take a nap to make sure you get enough rest?

Jen - Way to go with the early AM workout - I have had a hard time getting here at work too ! WTH is going on with work these days anyway? OK - jumping back up here since you posted again while I was typing ! Well that sounds like a great way to indulge there young lady - at 16 cals per piece - you can hardly beat that cheat !

Diana - good to hear you roof "project" is coming along. Great that you will be done with STS - enjoy your cardio week and then . . . Woo Hoo . . . off to the West Coast for you ! You are going to have such a great time ! Spinning is something I've never done since I'm not a member of a gym. Maybe someday. Sure hope your job is safe. I was pleasantly surprised just a bit ago when one of the ladies I met the other night called to meet with me next week and possibly set me up with one of the HR Directors she works with to mentor me in my trek to move further along in my career. I am Jazzed ! I should be able to download the Power Point presentation from the other nite next week - let me know if you want me to forward and if I am successful at downloading it I'll do that.

Laura - no matter what the weather, I KNOW your pool party will be fun and successful ! I'm with you though about spending so much time in the kitchen - I am always so tired afterward - hope you get to spend lots of time just vegging tomorrow. Hope the weather is not too bad for you.

Well this weekend is a local wine/beer/artisan/classic car fair in the little town near us - we'll be heading there tomorrow. Then the remainder of the weekend will be at home BBQ's and chores around the house. Poor little fur baby is getting long hair and dirty so a dog grooming is definitely in my future. And then of course, as much STS as I can get in ! :p

OK - need to do a couple things before the lunch BBQ.

Have a good one chickadees !

OK .. it is a given .. I am JINXED (or maybe evil aunt put a curse on me) ... they are sending in a Hurricane plane to investigate the low :eek: :confused:.. IF it developes further will probably ONLY be a tropical storm .. hopefully .. the models have it going mostly to MS and LA . . one model has it coming up to Destin FL .. if it does that we will get POUNDED ... aaahhhhhhhhhh

OK .. my friend in south FL .. she emailed me to tell me to watch the yellowcircle on the Hurricane website .. :eek: ... she has named some of us for the upcoming party .. (she is retired and used to be one of our gang of partiers) ... OK .. my VBF: "B D Merry" - ME: "Hurricane Laura" - SIL: "Tropical Storm Steph" - "Tropical Low Liz" (BF) .... :confused::eek::p hey those names are pretty appropriate I think .. LOL

But never fear .. the party will go on .. dabnabit!!!:D

Back for some quick personals before I hit the road to get outta this joint for the weekend!! Woohoo...sandy beach here I come!

Laura: My fingers are crossed for you that you're not dealing with a hurricane this weekend for your party :(:mad: Although, maybe you should just make everyone wear their bathing suits anyway, then send them out in the rain to play in the storm! It's make great pics anyway :p

Jacque: I wanna cook with you! Mmmm, pinot grigio is my fave. Those crepes sound delicious! And what fun to have a BBQ at work. Our office was supposed to have a baby shower this week, but the girl we were throwing it for nixxed it because it isn't a custom of her family/culture. She's from Argentina. So...I never got a chance to make what I had hoped to, which was Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle. Oh, it's so yummy.

Wendy: Where were you when I was attacking the Hershies? You gave Lori a good verbal spanking about the take-out ;) I really coulda used one, too! Great job getting the workout in despite your sinus infection. Hopefully it'll help to knock it out of you!

Lori: Hope you get to enjoy your weekend off! I plan on taking full advantage of our long weekend. Ugh, it has been a looooong week.

Diana: Make sure DS doesn't slack off on his coffee making duties tonight! He obviously doesn't have a full understanding of the immediate need for caffeine upon arising for the day! If I could take it intravenously, I could :p You've got me thinking I need to train my own DS to do now ;)

Hope you all have a great weekend! I'll be trying to check in while I'm away, but if I'm not able, I'll chat will y'all again on Sunday! TTYL~

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.