Damage Control...Sunday-could be worse!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning.

Rest day for me today! Gotta resist the urge to work out! :eek:

Hopefully I will be busy today which should help though. Going to see Dispicable Me at 1:15. I have more laundry to do. We need to go to Home Depot and either Costco or Sears to scope out DH's B'day present finally and I wanna go to Target for some new work out tops. Finally, last but not least, we need to watch the current episode of Persons Unknown that we recorded last night. Hopefully that will be enough to keep me away from the dvd player! :p

Hangin' at my SIL's was fun last night. On the way home we stopped to check out a 'Vette that we might be buying. Yes, I said a 'Vette! :D We would be going in on it with DH's cousin and we wouldn't be keeping it forever. They think they can get a good deal on it so they wanna buy it, hang on to it and "play" for about a year or so and then re-sell it for what it's really worth and therefore make a profit. Sounds good to me! We drove it last night w/the top down (it's a convertible!!!!!). AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, time for food. BBL!

Hi ladies,

I so need to workout today. I'm sure I will feel much better after a good sweatfest. My UB wt training has been slacking lately, esp back, shoulders and biceps. Will try to hit those today as well.

DH is home now and seems to be doing fine. They delivered a "concentrator" oxygen for DH to use at night to treat his sleep apnea. His Dr. also recommended an 1800 cal/day diet. Hopefully now that he's had medical issues directly related to his weight, he may do something about it. I'm not holding my breath though. I also think 1800 cals is extremely low for someone his size. Shouldn't he cut his mtnc cals by 500-1000 per day to lose 1-2lbs per week??? He's on antibiotics for the skin infection and has a check up with his dr. in the next few days.

Jerod's mouth was pretty sore yesterday as I suspected it would be. He seems to recovering nicely though.

Wendy-a 'vette...how cool is that!!! hope you get it, sounds like a ton of fun! Enjoy your rest day and take care of all those errands missy!

Hope all the DC'rs are enjoying the weekend.

Back from Target. Bought 2 cute short/top w/o outfits that I created thru mix and match trial and error (yellow and purple shorts with a purple top and baby blue and white shorts with a white top) and then I bough one black bra top that I can wear with anything. Now I REALLY wanna work out! :p

Diana:: Glad DH is doing better and that DS is recovering w/out issue. So this infection in DH's leg is related to his weight?? I didn't realize that. Well, hopefully it will encourage him to take action. Yeah, we are pretty excited about the vette. DS will LOVE it too! I can imagine him driving down the road w/DH with his little sponge bob sunglasses on lookin' like Joe Cool! :cool: I also have this image of our dog in the passenger's seat which cracks me the hell up! :D

Hey Ladies,

I'm just now heading down, going to start with GS BSB and then maybe an Insanity cardio. I need to get back on track with my w/o's and clean eating.

Wendy-your new outfits sound perfect! The infection in his leg can happen to anyone, but overweight folks tend to have poor circulation and are more prone to this type of infection. It's a staph/strep infection under the skin and can be very serious. You can lose a limb if it isn't caught in time. Sleep Apnea is definitely related to his weight and could go away if he lost weight. He has to want to lose weight, it's not something I can do for him. His Dr. told him to eat the way I do!:p

bbl

Hia ladies !

Thinking I haven't been here since Thurs - no w/o that day or Fri as I worked late and had shopping to do. Y'day got in 4DS BC w/bis & tris and will head in a few to get 4DS legs and whatever cardio is attached to that one. DGS1 had his 3rd bday party y'day so after the workout that was all I did - home after 9PM. Good to visit with all my kids and saw DIL's family too - her sister had a little one 2 months ago so that was fun. All XDH did was sleep and leave so not too bad from that standpoint ! ;)

Wendy - good to hear the tat is doing well and so is the BB. Great job getting a rest day in there and your's/Jen's w/o plans sound good. I'd love to attempt Insanity again but am askeered since I had to go to PT after the last round. Perhaps it was a fluke and not related though. I won't do it 6 days a week but maybe here and there insterspersed with Cathe's HiiT's which don't bother me at all.

The vette sounds so cool - DH and I talk about that here and there and maybe someday will get an older car to 'play' with too. Hope it works out for you - love the visions of Joey and the dog goin' for a ride ! :D

Diana - UGH for all you have been through lately. Right from having 2 little ones to all the others having issues. Glad you are coming out of it now and tell DH he needs to think of the rest of you and get healthy ! It isn't hard and if he works on it little by little he will get there. MODERATION is the key here, right? My DH is constantly on the scale and eats healthier than he used to. He'll go on a rampage with high fats and junk but then will do well and cut back on the chips and ice cream for a while we the scale starts tipping up. Part of it is he can only eat what is in the house . . . does DH shop or do you control that part? Perhaps a reward system like the kids get when they start using the "potty chair"? :p Seriously, maybe you can work with him in that type of manner, ya know?

Cheers to getting back on track with the workouts and the eating - I have been right there with you on the stress eating lately . . . kinda cross between you and Laura, haven't been hungry or don't want to eat so have had quite a bit of junk lately - chips, wine, champagne . . . Just got a big load of veggies and romaine lettuce so need to get onto the salad kick - both DH and I love large loaded salads with tomatos, bell peppers, cucs, onions, carrots and whatever else I can find - YUM! Then add grilled meat and we are good to go. OK - I'm game !

Laura - bummer DH is on nights again already ! Haven't scoped out the workout yet but will when I have a chance. BC type workouts are great since I can get some cardio in also. The fluff is piling on and the aging thing is making my legs look disgusting with my lack of cardio ! Laura's workouts to the rescue - Diana's also except I don't have any stadium stairs close.

Lori - race ? I missed something too? I checked out Hal's workouts when I was getting ready for my "BIG 10K", Ha ! and they looked great. You are definitely advanced as far as runners go so I think the harder you train in the right way the easier you can obtain a better personal record. Go for it ! Hope DS is better too !

PunkyJen - well hope you are thoroughly enjoying your time off ! When do you start again? Down here I am hearing mid Aug ! Earlier and earlier every year with more breaks in between I guess. Good so kids don't get bored but hard for high school students to get a summer job?

Well time to workout - we may be going to a BBQ at DH's boss' since his son gradutated from culinary school. Talk about some good grub ! ! ! :p

Check y'all later . . . need to start foregoing some of the workload and hangin' with "my girls" more ! ;)

Hey Girls,

Back to report GS BSB, Insanity CPR and abs are officially completed. I do feel so much better now. Am eating my standard breakfast of fiber one, prot powder, flax seed, wheat germ and almond milk. I am forgoing the bee pollen, finished up what I bought but won't be using that kind again as it tasted terrible. I'll be on the lookout for royal jelly and give that a try.

I need to make a grocery list and go through coupons, shopping, finish up Jerod's HS registration paperwork, laundry.

Jacque-sounds like you had a wonderful time at the bday party, even if XDH was there. I buy most of the groceries, but DH buys unhealthy frozen food from the Schwan's man. I don't think he will be buying anything from Schwan's for a while.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.