Damage Control....Sunday

Hi Ladies,

I'm up early today and already have laundry started. I'm heading over to the rec ctr to meet with the nutritionist in a few minutes.

Jerod and I went and saw The Proposal last night, very cute.

I'll report back in after my morning apt.

Hi Girls.

Just got back from a 2 mile walk...or so says my pedometer. I'll have to wear my garmin too one day to see how accurate the ped is. :)

Plan for today's work out is heavier weights. Something ala Cathe most likely. I was considering a circuit but after taking a walk and having run 5+ miles y'day, I think I will just stick with straight weight work for today. :)

Diana:: Can't wait to hear what you have to say after your appt!

Off to grab a snack.

BBL!

Hiya girlies !

Another beautiful sunny day here. Love it when the sun shines early as we have had loads of fog lately. We hit 105' yesterday but it didn't quite seem that hot. I guess cuz I spent most of my day at home running around in a bathing suit !:eek: No workout to report - but the time I got done playing on the computer and got back from the stores I was not in the mood. Finished my Venuto book. LOL'd a bit as near the end he mentions a big part of the program is being accountable and finding "like friends" with similar goals and checking in. He talks about the sabotaging family and friends and then mentions the internet can be a great place to find your accountability. That means I owe all of you a thanks for helping me stay fit and "attempt" at losing my 10 lbs that have crept up the past few years. THANKS LADIES !

Steps for me were the avg 5K or so but I do have to say the only CABs I've had the entire week were 2 Corona Lights when we went to dinner last Tues. Yea Me ! <<< pats herself on the back >>>. Found some powdered Arizona Tea, green tea w/pomegranate, at Walmart for cheap. It is sweetened with Splenda and tastes great to add one of the packets (meant for 16 oz of water) to my quart bottle. Yummy. So I made green tea, bought some pom juice and added my own spenda. Drank well over a gallon of it (went 1/2 & 1/2 with lots of ice). Great way to keep hydrated yesterday. Tomorrow is weight/fat %/measurement day. I have kept the lbs off (can't not know if I am making progress throughout the week). Thinking I can see where a the lbs came from. Measurements will tell me if I am right and how much. At least some of the "fluff" seems to be smoothing out a bit.

Wendy - ummmmm, did ya fall into your coffee cup ? LOL ! :p How were the GTG's yesterday?

Diana - I'm sitting here trying to find things to do until you post - Kidding ! :D but really am interested to see how it goes. And did you get lots of "home work" done yesterday. I sure didn't ! ;)

Jen - Good to hear you got your workouts in even if you didn't have a chance to check in with us Friday. Yep the MJ was disappointing - even more so as it seems that it may not have been his own abuse that caused it but his doctor's? Time will tell on this one. I haven't been totally "run free" since last summer, just haven't been outside running. I hit the TM here and there but outside is a harder run for me. But it is easier in the sense that I run a trail near our creek, beautiful with wildlife darting in and out as I run by, and then it is so peaceful as I run past our most gorgeous park near my home. I enjoy running in that type of setting. Not sure it would be as much fun just running the streets. You off on a getaway weekend again or hanging at home? :rolleyes:

Laura- sending <<< big fish >>> vibes your way in case you are still out on the high seas. Hope it didin't toss you around too much and that the temp wasn't too hot. Did ya use your sunscreen young lady?

Lori - Not sure if your run was yesterday or today. Hope it went well. Did you break last year's time? Or just have a good time?

P.S. Have you ladies seen that Cathe is doing an Eggland's Best Tour this fall?

Check out the home page or now the OD is asking for cities (or areas) - I was just about to read it but thought I'd come over here to let you know in case you haven't been over there yet.

BBL

Good morning girlies!

I just got back from a gigantic breakfast out. I cannot imagine needing to eat another thing before dinner! I had stuffed french toast and it was deeeeeelicious. I'm planning a nice long run later today, and not I have all that much more motivation to do so :rolleyes:

Wendy: Good job getting those steps in. You are way ahead of my right now! I've been a sloth all morning. I'll try to change that later this afternoon though.

Diana: Count me in on wanting to hear what the nutrionist has to say!

Jacque: No getaways for me this weekend. I'm home and trying to catch up on the domestic duties around here! I don't know why I thought you said you hadn't run all year, guess I misunderstood that you meant run outside :eek: Now that you've clarified that for me, I thought "duh!" because I knew you often used your treadmill. Mental pause, you know ;) Great job staying away from the cabs. I'm so jealous of your hot weather. It's gray and damp and muggy here again today. Ready to jump out a window :eek:

Well, part of the domestic duties is grocery shopping. Headin' out to do that, but will bbl with a run to report (hopefully) later.

Jen

Hi Ladies,

My apt was great and I meet again with her next Saturday. I basically told her I'm an overeater, grew up in a house with the "clean your plate" menatality. She took my weight and body composition and we talked about my WW goal weight and she also asked what was my goal weight. She did say the mtnc calories listed on the body comp were to maintain at that same body comp. She's going to provide me with what my body weight would be at the bodyfat % I should be at, using the high end and the middle. It was a pretty interesting meeting. She's also a personal trainer and was happy to hear that I lift weights. She really encourages weight training as she said she meets so many women that don't lift weights. My homework is to provide a detailed listing of everything I eat for Sun, Mon, and Tues., the times I eat, when I workout etc. I will email that to her on Tues or Wed and then meet with her again next week. One thing she mentioned that we often forget is that we burn more calories doing everyday activities the more muscle we carry.

Today I plan on doing cardio & weights and I'm leaning towards BM original. I think the weight segment is more challenging in the original than in BM2. Housecleaning and grocery shopping are also on the agenda for today. I have an early meeting tomorrow so I won't be able to get in a morning workout. An afternoon workout is a possibility and then bootcamp in the evening.

I was able to pick up my prize for the most step increase in the AOM challenge this morning. It's a nice big w/o bag with a water bottle, jump rope that counts calories, 3 reflector lights, 2 hand grippers that also count calories and a Dicks Sporting Goods Gift card.

Wendy-You are now officially a PED addict! Things could be worse. Nice job getting those walks in.

Jacque-OMG, 105...I think I would die! We've been in the low 90's and with our air conditioner not working it really sucks. I need to get back to running outside too. I've been struggling getting up early enough in the morning to run. I did read about Cathe's Eggland's best tour. Of course I don't want her Egglands commitments to take precedence over our new STS Cardio DVD's!

Jen-Your breakfast sounds delicious! One of the reasons I'm worried about my job is because I'm working on decomissioning servers and working with users to get there stuff moved to the new software platform. The newer person has been trained on the new software and I'm a little behind on that. I'm on the learning path but she has a year of working with this new technology. After reading the job descriptions we were given in Dec, I could've challenged to be at least one grade level higher, maybe even 2. Now that she's been promoted I see the job description has changed to say X number of years experience in the current technology. She's getting all the new stuff while I'm stuck phasing out the old. What happens to me when I'm done with the old stuff???? That's kind of where I am with it. Another co-worker offered to do some training with me and another co-worker to bring us up to speed. It's become very frustrating to say the least.

Laura-Hope you caught lots of fish and didn't get knocked around too much on the boat.

bbl

Hi Girls.

Sorry for the lack of personals as of late. I don't know what's wrong with me! :eek: :rolleyes:

I walked 2 miles this morning and then did Super Sets this afternoon. Great work out...just was disappointed in the lack of back work. Never realized how little of it there is until today. Oh well! Now I know for next time-I'll just add my own! ;)

I think tmrw will be BFBM in full....never did it in full I don't believe so this should be fun! I'm sure I'll be DRIPPIN' by the time I'm done! :D

Diana:: Glad you were pleased with your appointment with the nutritionist. I was afraid it would end up being a big let down. My fingers are crossed that she steers you in the right direction.

Jen:: Nice breakfast! Run yet to work it off? :)

Jacque:: Congrats on the lack of CABS this week! I hope your will power pays off! :D 105? YEOWCH!!! That's hot!

Alrighty, I promised DS we could use his water paints for a bit before bath and bedtime so I must skeedaddle....

Be back later or in the morning!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.